Pink Day in La 2014 - Official Post

in In-game Events

Posted by: Yailith.4056

Yailith.4056

NOTE This post will be updated frequently leading up and until the official event – so please check back often!

AHEM

It’s that time of year again to don your pink-colored clothing and armor and head to Lion’s Arch in the games of Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 !

If this is your first Pink Day, then sit back and let us explain what it’s all about. Pink Day is a day that Gamers Giving Back ( and the Guild Wars community) sets aside to help raise funds for the Canadian Cancer Society in the name of fighting breast cancer. And, of course, if you do donate to the cause, you’ve a chance to win some pretty neat swag and prizes.

Now that we have your attention….write this down!

OCTOBER 25th <——-That right there! Oh yes…and this:

http://pinkday.gamergivingback.com <—official website…pretty important.
Official Twitter – @pinkdayinla
Use Hashtags – #pinkdayinla and #guildwars2
Other important Twitters – @GW_ENetwork and @Gamergivingback
Facebook – can be found via “Gaming World Entertainment Network” and “Gamers Giving Back”
GW-EN radio – http://www.gw-en.com <—-tune in here because this is how the events and prizes will be announced!

Facebook Event Page : https://www.facebook.com/events/1476463439285350/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

And now for the….fine print…er, details…well you know what I mean!

How can you get involved?!

Below are the servers that have been attending volunteer meetings, but that doesn’t mean your server is not invited or that it is too late to sign up and volunteer, in fact…servers will be working together this year! ( WHOO!)

Pink Day in LA Hosting Servers

With the introduction of Mega Servers there’s now more of a chance to mingle with other Pink Day goers from different same-regional servers! There are multiple mega server hosts setup in case of, well, multiple mega servers spawning as the event goes on. However, home servers are still in charge of putting it all together!

Here’s a list of the home servers hosting the event!

Guild Wars 2 NA Servers
Henge of Denravi
Stormbluff Isle
Sea of Sorrows
Tarnished Coast
Blackgate
Darkhaven
Northern Shiverpeaks
Sanctum of Rall
Dragonbrand

Guild Wars 2 EU servers
Aurora Glade
Desolation
Gandara

There are also a few unconfirmed servers from the European side…but I assure you there are several groups/guilds working hard to make magic this year!

Why should my server get involved?

We are adding some magic to Pink Day this year thanks to Peter Chan from Guildwars2live.com and Hero Harmony! While we will be livestreaming via Twitch (You will have access to both via our website as mentioned above -hint hint – bookmark is already!) Ee will be keeping track of the donations and what server you from – so make sure to post that along with your donation to the cause as well – so we can keep a constant real time donation competition! May the best server win!

For Guild Wars 1 we will be in International District 1

Donation Prize List!

The prize list for Pink Day is being worked on and added to! Already there are some sweet incentives to donate for which you can check out by clicking the ‘PRIZES’ link at the top. Keep an eye out as we’ll be adding on-air prizes for those listening to GW-EN on Pink Day!

So we hope you can attend and don’t forget – this is where you can donate to the cause:

http://ccssk.convio.net/goto/pinkday14

Psstttt..one last thing before I head off….

Don’t forget that AFTER you donate $10CDN or more to the link above…INCLUDING your server name right? Okay..anyways don’t forget to email a number from 1-1000 to donations@gw-en.com to enter for those prizes we will be announcing soon!

We want to thank you for supporting us the past 4 years..may the 5th year of Pink Day be the best one yet!

Cheers,
- Rhonda
aka M A L I B U Barbie

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

The Schedule – Guild Wars 2

If you will be joining us in Guild Wars 2 on Pink Day, we have plenty of activities to keep you entertained. Most events will be described near the start on-air or in-game, so be sure to keep your ears and eyes out for it!

All times listed are in Central Standard Time and are subject to change depending on games.

12:00pm – Kickoff the event on-air with greetings!
First Crafting Request
12:30pm – On-air Interview with the Canadian Cancer Society
12:45pm – Second Crafting Request
1:00pm – Start the Pink Day Race
1:15pm – Third Crafting Request
1:30pm – Race should still be on-going or we read Results and do the draws
2:00pm – (pending Race time finishes)
Fourth Crafting Request
2:30pm – STRIKE A POSE Competition
2:45pm – Fifth Crafting Request
3:00pm – DJ Switches On-air (Refresh Radio Streams if needed)
3:30pm – Sixth Crafting Request
4:00pm – DIVING COMPETITION
Seventh Crafting Request<;i>
5:00pm – Eighth Crafting Request
5:15pm – Guild Wars 2-wide Conga Lines / Screenies to Twitter/Facebook or Pink Ribbons and Hearts
5:30pm – Thank Yous and Final Announcements
6:00pm – Kick off the After Party!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Kiba Shadowpaw.3657

Kiba Shadowpaw.3657

Honestly Pink Day in LA has been one of the coolest in game events that I have seen, and what is even better is it brings notice for the cure for cancer. I myself have had family members that have had different types of cancers so I know how awesome this is to bring around a hope that one day there will be a cure. Here is hoping to see a lot of people there!

(edited by Kiba Shadowpaw.3657)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Serinetempest.9027

Serinetempest.9027

I love Pink Day its fun and its helping at the same time. Come all and join in the fun and show your support.

MGW Guild

in In-game Events

Posted by: Lelling.6795

Lelling.6795

Yay! Really looking forward to it ^^ I’ve only stumbled randomly into it last year, and I’m so happy I got to be a little more involved this year =)

Also, just to let everyone know, today and tomorrow (11th and 12th), GW2Community (EU) will be celebrating our 1st birthday, and instead of collecting donations for prizes, we’ve decided to collect donations towards Pink Day in LA, so if anyone’s interested in a bit of a pre-celebration, be sure to hop on to our Teamspeak at ts.gw2community.com at any time after 3 PM CEST ^^

EDIT: Oh, this is on EU, btw ^^ Sorry, American buddies :P See you at Pink Day!

Cyan Vei | whole bunch of other alts
[DV] Leader, OpenCommunity admin

in In-game Events

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yay! Really looking forward to it ^^ I’ve only stumbled randomly into it last year, and I’m so happy I got to be a little more involved this year =)

Also, just to let everyone know, today and tomorrow (11th and 12th), GW2Community (EU) will be celebrating our 1st birthday, and instead of collecting donations for prizes, we’ve decided to collect donations towards Pink Day in LA, so if anyone’s interested in a bit of a pre-celebration, be sure to hop on to our Teamspeak at ts.gw2community.com at any time after 3 PM CEST ^^

EDIT: Oh, this is on EU, btw ^^ Sorry, American buddies :P See you at Pink Day!

So it’s not a coincidence that all the people who randomly showed up in Ebonhawke killing chickens were wearing pink and using pink commander tags.

I couldn’t get a straight answer from any of them but I guessed it must be related to Pink Day.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

Sometimes when you are doing events – map chat and your whispers are a blur If you saw Pink Tags and Quaggans on the NA servers near Ebonhawke…yes that was part of Pink Day Promo

in In-game Events

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As this starts in 30 minutes, here is a bump to help out.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Rashmika Els.8215

Rashmika Els.8215

I’g just like to say a huge thank you to the people who organise this. Its an awesome event and so good to see something that reaches out beyond gaming to something bigger.

GW-EN, you folks are amazing as are all those who ran the event so ty all

in In-game Events

Posted by: Zakurai.7290

Zakurai.7290

Jumping in with another thank you! Was part of the event along with TTS, had a lot of fun just like last year!

Sorrow’s Furnace