Pride March Tyria 2017

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Trina.9625

Trina.9625

We welcome all open-minded Tyrians and advocates of equal rights to attend Pride March Tyria 2017. We especially invite those gender identity and sexual orientation minorities to gather for support and solidarity. The march will begin June 24 half an hour past daily achievement reset time at Tangle Root Outpost [&BHAHAAA=] where we will march to Field of the Fallen [&BKUEAAA=] in Lion’s Arch. There we shall spend a day in mourning and remembrance of those in our community who cannot join us in person. The march will pick up again June 25 at the same time and head to its end point at The Hawke Heart [&BBsEAAA=].

Note that these times are intended for the US servers and if the EU servers organize a co-event it likely will have different times in order to be more convenient for their prime server times.

The march timing is intended to give 10-15 minutes leeway time per map for fun, screenshots, ease loading times, and allow easier grouping/meet up times.

Saturday times: Brisban Wildlands 40 min, Kessex Hills 40 min, Gendarran Fields 30 min

Sunday times: Gendarran Fields 15 min, Snowden Drifts 40 min, Frostgorge Sound 40 min, Fireheart Rise 30 min, Iron Marches 30 min, Blazeridge Steppes 45 min, Fields of Ruin 30 min

We ask that participants keep to Say, Party, and Squad chat to minimize impact on non-participants. We also ask that participants refrain from engaging trolls, bigots, etc and instead block and report as necessary.

Volunteers and organizers will be greatly appreciated. If there is a demand from the community to create a roster of such I will be glad to oblige.

For those who might complain to the necessity of such I offer this: We shall march until the day when we are no longer harassed, attacked, and killed for being who we are. The easiest way to put an end to it all is simply to help foster a world of peace and tolerance.

Some reminders and thoughts to consider on this advent:

I. Live life well and fully, and waste nothing.
The pursuit of happiness is oft thought to be a basic human right. To be able to live your life like any other, secure in who you are and who you love is a goal we can all share.

II. Do not fear difficulty. Hard ground makes stronger roots.
While we can hope for a time when such strength and courage to simply be oneself, we are not yet there. Until such time, gather those things to stand tall and proud in who you are.

III. The only lasting peace is the peace within your own soul.
We cannot change minds that do not wish to be changed but we can nurture the peace we desire within ourselves and hope that in time it will take root in others.

IV. All things have a right to grow. The blossom is brother to the weed.
Humanity is a diverse and beautiful thing, we need not agree with each other but nothing is served by alienating those different from ourselves.

V. Never leave a wrong to ripen into evil or sorrow.
Many who have chosen to believe in the ideologies that oppose our lives are in a way victims as well, having allowed ideas that would harm others to take root and grow within them. Consider pitying that such dis-ease has taken root and grows within them and sorrow that they may never know so many wonderful persons as our community holds. At the same time, try to wash such ideas from oneself rather than give into the hate and bigotry or its mirrored counterpart against those in the majorities.

VI. Act with wisdom, but act.
It is upon each of us to do what we can to promote love and tolerance however we can. We cannot guarantee others will do such for us or without us.

VII. From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes – so too should you go.
Wherever you may live, whatever you may do, this world is everyone’s and all places should be safe places supporting all who can live and let live.

Contact email: PrideMarchTyria@gmail.com

Attachments:

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Lelling.6795

Lelling.6795

Hi!

Just thought I’d drop the EU-side info:

OpenCommunity has also already committed to organizing Pride March Tyria EU in June, like we did last year, and have pencilled in June 24th as the planned date. Huzzah!

Just like last year, we are also hoping to raise money for a sponsored LGBTQ+ related charity (last year it was the Pulse Fund for the victims of the Orlando Pulse club shooting), and we might have even more shinies to give away to those who decide to donate to the cause!

We’ll be posting more details mid-May as we are currently focusing on the Toga Party for Multiple Sclerosis with Gamers Giving Back which will be held on May 13th (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/events/Toga-Party-for-MS-Official-Thread/)!

For more information on Tyria Pride EU, please contact me in-game (Lelling.6795) or directly via a private message on our website at http://www.theopencommunity.org/

Cyan Vei | whole bunch of other alts
[DV] Leader, OpenCommunity admin

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I attended the Pride March last year, and it was a fun and worthwhile event. I treasure the memory and the message! Those who are organizing this have put a lot of thought into the event, and I hope to see a lot of Guild Wars 2 players on June 24th!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Yailith.4056

Yailith.4056

I LOVED this event last year! Time to get my Charr ready again! <3

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: sionnach.5391

sionnach.5391

Owl Legion of Kaineng will be there again this year! Thank you for organizing this event; it was wonderful in 2016 and I encourage others to attend.

Best,
Nanesh

Guild Leader – Owl Legion of Kaineng

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Is there a similar Pride March happening for NA?

~hopes so~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Atomic Soldier.7450

Atomic Soldier.7450

i just want to check, is this event going to happen for certain? i saw a lot of stuff on social media (tumblr, for example) last year, but almost nothing this year so far.

i missed it in 2016 due to other stuff going on, but i’d really like to join in this year and hopefully encourage my guild to come along as well!

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Lelling.6795

Is there a similar Pride March happening for NA?

~hopes so~

Yep! The top post is about the NA event ^^

i just want to check, is this event going to happen for certain? i saw a lot of stuff on social media (tumblr, for example) last year, but almost nothing this year so far.

i missed it in 2016 due to other stuff going on, but i’d really like to join in this year and hopefully encourage my guild to come along as well!

It is!

We’ll be posting more info this week, as well as making a post on reddit about it. We’re just waiting to hear back from a charity we are planning to fundraise for to confirm the fundraiser.

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Atomic Soldier.7450

Atomic Soldier.7450

It is!

We’ll be posting more info this week, as well as making a post on reddit about it. We’re just waiting to hear back from a charity we are planning to fundraise for to confirm the fundraiser.

thank you so much for the info! I’m looking forward to this!

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I am going to mention the march during our Community Showcase Live broadcast tomorrow, Noon Pacific Time Wednesday, June 14, live on Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Lelling.6795

I am going to mention the march during our Community Showcase Live broadcast tomorrow, Noon Pacific Time Wednesday, June 14, live on Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube.

Yay!

I also made an infographic for easy sharing via social media, and I’ll be posting it on twitter and tumblr as well!

Attachments:

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Endless Soul.5178

Yay!

I also made an infographic for easy sharing via social media, and I’ll be posting it on twitter and tumblr as well!

Thanks for this, I just posted it to my guilds Discord.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: aurensei.5283

aurensei.5283

Hello, everyone! I’d like to join the event, but I’m a fairly new player and I’m afraid that I’ll end up on another map. So my question is: how to make sure that I’ll be on the same map as everyone? Thanks!

~ Crystal Desert ~

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Omnia Wind.2108

Omnia Wind.2108

Hello, everyone! I’d like to join the event, but I’m a fairly new player and I’m afraid that I’ll end up on another map. So my question is: how to make sure that I’ll be on the same map as everyone? Thanks!

I’m kind of worried about this too

~Omnia
Yak’s Bend FO LYFE [AI] [AGI]
minipets will be the death of me

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: SwiftFan.1023

SwiftFan.1023

I second, er, third, the question about making sure you’re on the right instance for the march. Too many times I’ve had trouble finding my friends in game because we were on separate instances and did not realize it.

Also, I have some friends that are really new to the game but would love to participate. Their characters are at really low levels right now (although I suppose they could surprise me by getting lots of levels super fast while I’m not looking since they both have more time than I do), so I am wondering how viable is it for them to be able to participate. Regrettably, I was unable to participate last year so I am unfamiliar with how the routes are designed. Will they be able to avoid aggro and getting one-shotted by high level mobs, especially since the route goes through Frostgorge Sound? Finally, how easy will it be to join the march late, since I don’t get off work until 22:00 EST?

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

aurensei.5283

Will they be able to avoid aggro and getting one-shotted by high level mobs, especially since the route goes through Frostgorge Sound? Finally, how easy will it be to join the march late, since I don’t get off work until 22:00 EST?

I guess that if your friends will have you (higher level character) with them you can be their bodyguard – to prevent one-shotting

About joining at 22 EST: as I understood for EST (Europe) it will begin at 16:00 and be like 1,5~2 hours so I doubt the event will be on till 22 o_o But if you play on NA, that’s different then

~ Crystal Desert ~

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: SwiftFan.1023

SwiftFan.1023

Will they be able to avoid aggro and getting one-shotted by high level mobs, especially since the route goes through Frostgorge Sound? Finally, how easy will it be to join the march late, since I don’t get off work until 22:00 EST?

I guess that if your friends will have you (higher level character) with them you can be their bodyguard – to prevent one-shotting

About joining at 22 EST: as I understood for EST (Europe) it will begin at 16:00 and be like 1,5~2 hours so I doubt the event will be on till 22 o_o But if you play on NA, that’s different then

Sorry, I may have said the wrong acronym, I meant Eastern Standard Time, which I believe is the name of the time zone for the East Coast of NA, which i think is also known as UTC-4(?). If I understand correctly, that’ll be pretty late for the first day but only halfway through for Sunday. I hope late attendees like me aren’t a problem.

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

aurensei.5283

Sorry, I may have said the wrong acronym, I meant Eastern Standard Time, which I believe is the name of the time zone for the East Coast of NA, which i think is also known as UTC-4(?). If I understand correctly, that’ll be pretty late for the first day but only halfway through for Sunday. I hope late attendees like me aren’t a problem.

It’s EDT then (or ET). Since the event start at 20:30 EDT, then you can catch up, I guess… o_o If only someone who organizes the event could clarify ^^’ because all I’m saying is my speculations
From the post “Saturday times: Brisban Wildlands 40 min, Kessex Hills 40 min, Gendarran Fields 30 min” sums up in ~2 hours means that in theory you can catch up at Gendarran Fields o_o I doubt that everyone will run off the moment the event ends, so you should be just in time for after-party

~ Crystal Desert ~

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Endless Soul.5178

Is this still happening? I don’t see any announcements in reddit.

| Claara

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

aurensei.5283

Is this still happening? I don’t see any announcements in reddit.

There was one about a month ago https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/68rj3r/pride_march_tyria_2017/

~ Crystal Desert ~

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

Definitely is happening! I am going to try and DJ it again for NA side. I will be out and about with my fabulous Charr again

Those of you that are worried about the mapping. We setup a ton of commander tags last year and then just made sure people all joined the same maps.

Happy Tyrian Pride weekend

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

aurensei.5283

Thanks, Yailith, for the information

~ Crystal Desert ~

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Vanholis.8024

Vanholis.8024

Look forward to the march this year and see you all soon! I’m a bit confused on the time for Eastern Standard, please update. Hugz

(edited by Vanholis.8024)

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: LuckyAvalon.2308

LuckyAvalon.2308

So the march is 15 minutes after daily reset?

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

aurensei.5283

Look forward to the march this year and see you all soon! I’m a bit confused on the time for Eastern Standard, please update. Hugz

To be honest, I myself get easily confused with time zones. So I just google “edt time now” It says for NA march starts 20:30 EDT, Google says it’s 12:30 EDT now, which means march starts in 8 hours.

~ Crystal Desert ~

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: RebelsHeart.4851

RebelsHeart.4851

So the march is 15 minutes after daily reset?

30 minutes after reset for NA servers. 20:30EDT/17:30PDT

Sivarl Stormbright / Rook Mindfang
[DOOR] – [VG]
Proud Member of the JQTeq Alliance

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Natamonstar.2085

Natamonstar.2085

Lots of people asking if this is still happening, and yes, it happened today on EU and its happening again tomorrow! The times are all on the infographic, but if you want to read more/visit our fundraiser for Rainbow Railroad go to —> www.theopencommunity.org/tyriapride

OpenCommunity Commander – Triple Trouble Lover
[KIT][VTM][EOL][TWWG]

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

I realize that we are meeting up in Tangled Root – but do we want to create some hype in Rata Sum around reset time? Get more people onboard?

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Looking forward to it, this’ll be the first pride march in gw2 that I’ll attend

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

I will be going live with the music for the NA March in around 30 minutes on GW-EN message me ingame for more details

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Yailith.4056

Also – FAY!!! I miss you- glad you are coming!

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Thank you so much for organizing it, and cheers to everyone who attended (EU here). It was good to get together in such a friendly, positive atmosphere.

Pride March Tyria 2017

in In-game Events

aurensei.5283

yeah, THANKS to everyone who made this march possible and who took their time to organize it! I had a great time and lots of fun! Cheers! (NA here)

~ Crystal Desert ~