The Gameathon 2016

The Gameathon 2016

in In-game Events

Posted by: shawnyckz.2479

shawnyckz.2479

Greetings Tyrians,

Some of you may know me as Mouse from GW2Community, some of you may not. I’m here to invite you to the 2016 Stop the Stigma Gameathon. A 24 hour event to raise awareness and money for mental health charities.

*PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder) is developed after a traumatic event, around 8% of the population will suffer from it at some point of their life.
*Due to the often violent nature of their work, the illness it is much more prominent within the armed forces.
*At present around 1 in 3 returning troops are diagnosed with severe PTSD, yet only 40% will seek help.
*In 2008 suicide related deaths began to outnumber combat related deaths.

Statistics chosen come from a ptsd charity and are referring to the prominence of ptsd within the smaller group that is the armed forces in comparison with the population as a whole. They in no way mean to suggest that non-armed forces do not suffer from this terrible illness.

On the weekend of 11th – 13th November we will be raising money for the following two charities:

Help for Heroeshttp://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

A charity dedicated to helping members of the Armed Forces, both active and retired, to rebuild their lives supporting them through injuries and illness.

The PTSD Foundation of Americahttp://ptsdusa.org/

A charity dedicated to combating PTSD, raising awareness, and giving back to veterans.

Both of these charities have a similar cause and both are fighting to remove the stigma around mental illness which prevents so many for getting the help they require. We aim to assist in their mission this November and we ask you to join us!

During the event we will be giving away a Black Lion Skin every hour! That’s right you’ll have 24 chances to win a new skin. But that’s not all, we have some more in store for you. There will also be random giveaways of gold & materials at random points throughout the stream and at the very end of the stream anyone who has donated £10(UK Charity)/$10(US Charity) or more will be entered into a raffle to win the Bifrost. That’s right, we’re giving away a legendary weapon to one lucky donator.

Make sure to save the date! The full event will start Saturday 12th November at 13:00 CET and will run until Sunday 13th November at 13:00 CET.

Join us on TeamSpeak (ts.gw2community.com) if you want to participate and make sure to watch the stream posted on the day.

On the day pages for donations will be posted, make sure to watch out for them!

These charities have an important cause for me and many others who suffer or have family who suffer from mental illness, so I hope we, as a community, can do a little something about it!

For more information in the run up to the event you can also check www.gw2community.com.

No money will go directly to any member of the community, all donations will be processed through pages set up to go directly to the charities mentioned.

Mouséy – Guardian & Mouse Was Taken/Magnanimouse – Ele
Guild Leader of Tyrian Elite Unit [TEU] & Team Leader @ gw2community.com

(edited by shawnyckz.2479)