Toga Party for MS - Official Thread

in In-game Events

Posted by: Yailith.4056

Yailith.4056

Hello everyone!

Once again the Toga Party for MS will be happening in Divinity’s Reach on May 13th from 12pm-4pm CST (5pm-9pm UTC)

This event is in support of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada with funds going directly towards impacting localized and international research. (We will have a live interview during the event to discuss this!)

Donations can be made here:

http://mssoc.convio.net/goto/toga17

If you donate $10 or more CDN – we have some awesome prizes you could win check it out here:

http://toga.gamergivingback.com/prizes.html

We are happy to have both NA and EU Megaservers being hosted for this event! With a variety of volunteers from all over the gaming community. Including:

GW-EN.com
GW2Community.com
Theopencommunity.org/
Hero Harmony
Chronicles of Tyria
Sol, LoSD and FIRE guilds
and many other individuals!

Here are some events to look forward to:

Water Balloon Battle Royale

A massive battle to see who will rise to Water Balloon Greatness!

Strike A Pose

Petrify your way into showing off your best side.

Trek Across Tyria

Gather 5 of your friends and make the trek from Divinity’s Reach to the gates of Arah without dying!

Costume Contest

Dress your character in a Toga/Roman theme! Be creative with your armor pieces! Each race will have an individual category!

Trivia Master

Come test your abilities to show what you really know about Guild Wars 2! Mini prizes will be rewarded and players will be given passes to qualify for the ultimate meeting of the minds!

Mini Games

In between each event there will be various games like Hide N Seek and Human Darts*! *No humans will actually be harmed in the making of Human Darts

Also, GW-EN.com will be on-air during the event. Giving away a variety of prizes and did we mention…they will be …LEGENDARY?!

If you want more information about the event, how you can attend or support it check out:

http://toga.gamergivingback.com/index.html

We want to thank the Guild Wars 2 Community and Arenanet for their continued support of our initiatives!

Rhonda aka M A L I B U Barbie
Founder of Gamers Giving Back

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: DkzAngelfire.7586

DkzAngelfire.7586

What a fantastic initiative, hoping I can make the time work. But that is like 3am to 7am for me here in Australia! I will be sooooooooo tired! But how can I not go to a TOGA PARTY!!!!!!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Lelling.6795

Lelling.6795

We at OpenCommunity are super excited to be involved on EU side once again ^^

Here’s to a great Toga Party and a great cause! Yay!

Cyan Vei | whole bunch of other alts
[DV] Leader, OpenCommunity admin

in In-game Events

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We’re so happy to see this excellent initiative continue in 2017!

Thanks to all of you who are working on the event — your work is very much appreciated. And to all who participate, and especially to those who donate in support of such a worthy cause, thanks to you, as well.

This is sure to be a marvelous event!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in In-game Events

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Looking forward to the weekend

Thanks to everyone who has helped with organizing this event!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Yailith.4056

Yailith.4056

Glad to hear it! I just finished sorting out the prize packs for Saturday – they look pretty awesome!

4 days until we kick Multiple Sclerosis’ butt!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Once again you guys put on a super fun event for an important cause. A big thanks to all the organizers and volunteers! I had a great time with all of you and my guildies that came out in support of MS research. The entire GW2 community owes you a debt of gratitude for all you do in-game as well as out side of it.

Cheers!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I join Silvatar in thanking everyone for their leadership, participation, and donations to such a meaningful project. It’s a proud moment for the GW2 team to see players make such great and worthy efforts within our game world.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet