Tyria Beauty Contest [EU+NA]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Tiggeh.1980

Tiggeh.1980

TYRIA BEAUTY CONTEST

Calling all fashion enthusiasts! In celebration of the opening of the guild Mystline [MYST], I hereby invite you to participate in the grand Tyria Beauty Contest

All races and classes are welcome. Human, Charr, Asura, Sylvari, Dolyak, Quaggan, even Skritt!

Shine your boots, paint your armour, do your battlecry, things are about to get fabulous.

End Date:

Febuary 15th 12am Game Time

Prizes:

-15g to the winning male and female.
-7g to 2nd place winners.
-Eternal glory and the satisfaction in knowing that you’re better looking than others.

Rules:

One winner per account.

Entry:

To enter include a picture of your character and if you wish provide a little description of what you’re wearing or how you came to decide in what to wear.

Entries will be judged based on:

-Creativity
-Colour combinations
-Crowd reaction

Good luck and remember to post if you think somebodies picture looks awesome!

(edited by Tiggeh.1980)

in In-game Events

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

Best Asura ever, right here. Hope you consider my screen

Asura tier 3 cultural armor, using mulberry and celestial dyes.

Attachments:

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in In-game Events

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

>.>

Lilith Ajit

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Wiz.1543

Wiz.1543

I like big wings and I can not lie. You other elves can’t denie.
_

I wanted to create a creature that was as alien as possible to the regular Norn / Human character with wings. So I came up with this:

Edit: Character name: Wezzy I think it is a bit elve-isch.

Attachments:

(edited by Wiz.1543)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Wiz.1543

Wiz.1543

2nd photo of the same character & armor with different lighting. So you can see the actual armor more better. More contrast.

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

evil looking guardian

Attachments:

Roleplayer.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Lyneth.3496

Lyneth.3496

My beauty thief… most of the people I met:

“Your pants are broken!”
“What? No they are not.”
“But you are naked…”
“Sylvarie are not naked, we are covered in petals, leafs and thorns”
“ehm… ok but put on some pants”
“I… wear… them… look closely…”

I also don’t need stealth on my thief!
Culture T2 – Nightshade chest, leg & boots. Nothing special.

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: myrielle.5216

myrielle.5216

Saoshi’s dream was to become a Sylvari. After countless hours fighting the nightmare, he finaly got his hands on a luxurious leave armor, getting closer to his dream. Then, he realized that to become a Sylvari, he would need to choose a specific plant and look like it, not just wearing common leaves. Hopeless, he walked by a pond to wash up his tears. Then he realized he has already achieved his goal. The similarity was uncanny!

Attachments:

(edited by myrielle.5216)

in In-game Events

myrielle.5216

As a progeny, Soona was obssessed with the Shatterer’s crystals that she finds to be cute, pink and shiny. When she grew up, she started to study in the College of Stactics. She then discovers those crystals to be incredibly powerfull. She managed, inspired by dredge technology, to create a suit giving her the capacity to canalize the energy of crystal fragments. As she began to walk around with her crystal shards on her shoulders and her special gauntlet to monitor them, her collegues made fun of her. But when she came back from the fight against Zhaitan triumphant, they bow in respect and give her the name of Crystalmancer Soona, giving her a new laboratory to pursue her studies.

Attachments:

(edited by myrielle.5216)

in In-game Events

Posted by: cenior.1208

cenior.1208

This is my elementalist Omo. My favourite attunement is air and hence the purple mohawk hair, white skin, and purple tinged armour.

Attachments:

in In-game Events

cenior.1208

Cooto Cottontail – My butch warior girl !! Ferocious character, heavily armoured with sharp jade dragon weapons, cotton white tail … bleeds everything to death !!

Attachments:

in In-game Events

cenior.1208

Cenior: The ranger on fire!! Inspired by the Hunger games. Excellent scout and his shots never miss!

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: lilithschilde.3461

lilithschilde.3461

Sidana is seen here sporting her every day armor. A Magister of the Priory, her focus is on fire magic, which she uses with great enthusiasm.

This armor is a mixture of a few types including Priory, Hellfire and Ogden’s in the colors Midnight Fire, Redemption, and Evening Red. The staff is Emberspire.

Attachments:

in In-game Events

lilithschilde.3461

I give to you Lamia of Jahai, originally from Kourna in the lands of Elona. She is wearing tactical/dry bones armor in Midnight Ice, Sapphire, and Gold. She carries with her Final Rest. Although it cannot be seen in these pictures, Lamia wears the Ossa Family Signet Ring, to remember her heritage.

Attachments:

(edited by lilithschilde.3461)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Strali Astralis.4570

Strali Astralis.4570

It took me so very long to find an outfit that I liked on my sylvari Lillyberry, but once I found it, she became the most beautiful of all my 9 characters, and I love her :)

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: ankdarkwolf.1487

ankdarkwolf.1487

It was really difficult to decide the toon, i love them all too much. I hope it’ll be ok if i present 2, i have no preferences between them

Maeeve Bloodwolf – thief
During her adventures she joined the Order of Whispers. Badly injured in one of her missions she was saved by the engineer Tybalt Leftpaw who brought her to the order secret lab in Black Citadel and used charr engineering technologies and Whisper’s secrets to save her life. Quite ironically, a human female is the first charr-engineered cyborg.

Following this storyline i mixed Viper, Magitech and Aetherblade armors, and gave her Whisper’s weapons and a rough and big monocle to create the steampunk cyborg effect. As for colors i like to change them a lot, my favourite ones are the combination of the screenies (white gold, cream, tarnished silver, buttercream, burgundy) or working around sage green hues.

http://i.imgur.com/9HhMy8z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WPod8WH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6FOnk0d.jpg

Maeeve Spiritwolf – necromancer
She’s not a pure blood sylvari, she was once a human necromancer who developed a ritual to join the powers of nature, once the ritual was complete her body changed, taking a shape really similar to Sylvari’s one. Embraced by the Pale Tree she acquired her own glow.

A mixed look, a bit elegant, a bit dark, a bit shamanic. TA chest, cultural shoulders and legs branch (she wears no shoes to let the energy for her ritual flow through the earth), whisper legs, acolyte forehead deco and pact staff. I loved the colors and effects of ascalonian ghosts, so i recalled it mixing midnight ice and teal (glacial dyes would have been the best but they’re a bit too expensive :P). Other weps are ascalonians, but for the screenies i liked pact more.

http://i.imgur.com/AaDWlji.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/A4EAnF9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7XIyJjQ.jpg

Maeeve – The Unlikely Plan (TUP) – Cute! <3

(edited by ankdarkwolf.1487)

in In-game Events

Posted by: JustDoIt.4072

JustDoIt.4072

The Pew Pew Zip! Mad asura with Quip and bombs. Deadly Mixture!

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: Mercanus.3417

Mercanus.3417

Tasminn Dragonsbane “The Warrior of Light”. I aimed for an angelic Light Warrior theme with this character blending Phalanx (Top/Bottom), Avenger Shoulders (winged theme as well) Ascended Gauntlets (Intricate look to them) and Protectors Boots (debated between these and avengers for winged theme). I coupled this armor with Celestial dye as my primary color scheme as well as hints of the illumination dye for a bit of variety as well as to match the weapon set of Infinite light and Flameseeker Prophecies and the backpiece of Light of Dwayna to round out the ensemble. Helm not seen was the Night Mask skin, which works but i prefer it to remain concealed most times.

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: Chaos Swarm.6430

Chaos Swarm.6430

Prinsess Sylvia.“biological Creation” Sylvia is a creation whit DNA from 1 of tyrias Hero 250 years ago who was a human fused together whit norn DNA. The human Hero wanted to haver her be remembered eternity sow she make a deal whit a Asura to make clones of her, and she wanted it to be a norn clone,s bekos she wanted her clones be strong. years passed and after 20 years experiment the asura suxided make clones whit the DNA and put memory to the technology he have created under the years, the clone heaved her original memory, every time a clone died a meemry implant tended its memory to the computer sow wold create another clone whit its experience. now in the present time the asura heaved redesigned its body, toxic breath, a chest piece that produced attractive smell that make ignore every 1 els and go for the clone.

i gowed for a skin combo who works whit scerlite karka shell,(Top/Bottom) air-filtration device. primeval pauldrons . flamewrath chestplate.Primeval gauntlets. stag chausses. plated boots.

Attachments:

(edited by Chaos Swarm.6430)

in In-game Events

Posted by: ImpossibleTim.5178

ImpossibleTim.5178

Here’s my human thief! “Stealy Mcpants” This armor took me quite long to put together, and I’m finally happy with all the colors and pieces. He’s notorious for stealing pants by the way, just make sure you’ve got a belt or something.

Attachments:

(edited by ImpossibleTim.5178)

in In-game Events

Posted by: ramorambo.6701

ramorambo.6701

Jumpy thief, a mix of random exotics, gem store, dungeon and cultural

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: Risushi.4529

Risushi.4529

My Norn Thief, Drust Audovacar I was searching for a long time for some medium armour that would suit her, and ended up buying the Magitech Armor in the Gem Store x3 I’m quite satisfied with how it has ended up looking all together~
Normally she wears darker and more dramatic colours, but lately I’ve had a tendency to put her in light, cold and frosty colours!

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jaded.9467

Jaded.9467

My elementalist. I wanted an outfit/colour scheme to fit with the Light of Dwayna backpiece

Headpiece: T3
Mantle: Phoenix
Chest: T3
Gloves: Hall of Monuments (heavenly)
Pants: Phoenix
Boots: T3
Backpiece: Light of Dwayna

Celestial, Winter Ice and Honey Ice dyes.

Attachments:

in In-game Events

lilithschilde.3461

I present to you, in all her purple majesty, Princess Charr Ming – taking Mesmer confusion to whole new level! Gaze in wonder!

The sides of Princess Charr Ming’s feathered armor are cut out, revealing her toned furry abs, bringing any Charr male to his knees with their sexiness. While to some her Nightmare Mantle may seem a cone of shame, she wears it proudly, knowing it accentuates her strong horns and flowing orange mane.

To top everything off, a girl must have the proper accessories. For Princess Charr Ming this is a Princess Wand with it’s purple ribbon rippling with each spell cast and a scroll of King’s Remembrance for it’s purple glowing beauty. Her seer circlet tops off everything, ensuring that her enemies never doubt her majesty, and keeping her mane out of her eyes.

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

I present to you, my Marius Titus( Ryse: Son of Rome) inspired armor set.

Helmet: Vigil
Shoulders: (Guardian Character creation)
Chest: Vigil
Hands: Hidden
Legs: Pit Fighter
Feet: Pit Fighter

Attachments:

in In-game Events

flipyap.5789

Another one of my characters, the Destroyer Sylvari.
Head: Hood from character creation
Shoulders: Hellfire
Chest: Sylvari T3
Gloves: CoF
Legs: Sylvari T3
Feet: Sylvari T3

Destroyer Daggers are also part of the look..

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

Epic background with epic armor

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: xxXLightningXxx.8476

xxXLightningXxx.8476

" This rose has thorns, and here they are! " – Witch Of Black Rose

TA armor, Sylvari headpiece T2 and Final Rest are put together to create a coquettish but deadly image as a Sylvari Necromancer. Shoulder gear is hidden to retain subtleties.

Attachments:

(edited by xxXLightningXxx.8476)

in In-game Events

Posted by: AnyForNow.4691

AnyForNow.4691

Here is my true form! Quaggan master race!

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: CJP.5208

CJP.5208

This is my Guardian AKA “Necro-Guard”

Everyone thinks Guardians should be all light and holy. I went in the other direction and and made mine into the MOST sinister and dark-like monster you see in the picture. My gear is comprises of TA chest and legging , Grenth Hood, Charr Cultural T3 Shoulders/Boots, and Karma Boots. And to complete my Necro-Guard, i have the Teq Greatsword, Final Rest Staff, and Shadow of Grenth Backpiece.

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: Mitci.2619

Mitci.2619

I wanted to be sexy and I am.
My mesmer Milia of Mirages is wearing: CoE coat, Winged pants, WvW boots and Exalted gloves. I wanted to match the armor colors with my weapon, Dusk. So here it is!

Attachments:

in In-game Events

myrielle.5216

I think flipyap.5789’s Destroyer Silvary look amazing. Nice theme, nice armor selection and contrasting colors! Good idea.

in In-game Events

Posted by: maffin.4018

maffin.4018

Hi all ^^
This is Anthea The Wise and she’s the cutest human I’ve ever created, so I wish her chances of winning are high! eheh
She’s wearing the Tier 3 Assassin’s Coat, Vigil Leggings, Mask and Boots, Svanir Gloves of Sanctuary and Duelist Pauldrons.
The colors I chose are Midnight Rose and Deep Maple.

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: Sapphirine.1023

Sapphirine.1023

Neala Riverflower
Sylvari Mesmer

Head:
Storm Eye
not dyeable

Shoulders:
/

Chest:
Orchid Coat (Sylvari cultural tier 2)
dyes: Pastel Peach/Vincent/Vincent

Gloves:
Fire God’s Light Vambraces (Hall of Monuments skin)
dyes: Pastel Peach/Pastel Peach/Pastel Peach

Leggings:
Orchid Leggings (Sylvari cultural tier 2)
dyes: Vincent/Pastel Peach/Vincent

Boots:
Snapdragon Boots (Sylvari cultural tier 1)
dyes: Pastel Peach/Pastel Peach/Pastel Peach

Weapons:
Fiery Dragon Sword (sword) (Hall of Monuments skin)
The Anomaly (focus)
Vision of the Mists (greatsword)

I have always found the tier 2 chest and leg pieces to be the most beautiful and elegant of the sylvari cultural light armor skins, but I combined it with the tier 1 boots because I found the leaf tendrils around the legs to be prettier than the tier 2 boot skin. Shoulder skins are always invisible with the Orchid chest armor, so I didn’t list those.

The gloves I liked most with that combination is the Hall of Monuments skin “Fire God’s Light Vambraces”, but only because the chest armor makes most of the gloves invisible, so that only three gems floating above each hand are visible. Because of its purplish lightning aura, I liked the Storm Eye most as head gear.

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: Mitci.2619

Mitci.2619

i vote for Anthea! Nice look for a ranger and the Teq longbow is a amazing!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Squirrelbane.2510

Squirrelbane.2510

Here’s my human guard, Sonja Ormancer

She’s wearing: Vigil Chestpiece, Human cultural T3 shoulders, Heavy Fiery God’s Vembraces, Orrian Leggaurds and Human cultural T3 boots. Dye is all midnight ice. All designed to complement Dusk

Hope you like it

Squirrel <3

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Lilith Ajit.6173

I love Squirrel’s guardian!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in In-game Events

Posted by: ccriminal.9564

ccriminal.9564

Cooto Cottontail – My butch warior girl !! Ferocious character, heavily armoured with sharp jade dragon weapons, cotton white tail … bleeds everything to death !!

I’m not a huge fan of charr characters usually; but I really really love the fur of this one! The white face combined with the overall black fur looks amazing.
I also like the rather unsual armor coloring; it happens not very often to see someone with a green dyed armor and still look ferocious and good in it.

I’m not going to participate myself since I’m currently reworking my character’s looks!

Good luck to all participants, definitely going to follow this thread and look forward to the outgoing of the event!

in In-game Events

flipyap.5789

When are we supposed to find out who won?

in In-game Events

cenior.1208

Flipyap got a point.. its more than a week overdue!!

in In-game Events

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

The thief norn, Drust Audovacar gets my vote.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

in In-game Events

flipyap.5789

We are a good two weeks overdue. Even if I didn’t win i don’t care, just want to see results.

in In-game Events

lilithschilde.3461

Are we ever going to find out who won? A lot of people participated and spread the word and now it’s seeming like it was all for nothing. :-/

in In-game Events

flipyap.5789

Seriously….

in In-game Events

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Have not participated, have seen this thread way way too late xD
otherwise I would have participated with my Thief or my Mesmer.

However, just wanted to say… from all pictues posted here I see only one character, that really looks appealing and beautiful and that is the Mesmer of Saphirine.
I’d give the first prize definetely him/her as in my opinion that character clearly outshines all others that were shown here as attachment pictures.

Real good looking characters that are beautiful follow always these rules:

1st) Don’t let your Equipment speak for your Character! We are looking for beatiful Characters, not for the Equipment they wear… (iE Weapons…)

2nd) Less is often alot more (all that bling bling in certain pictures, showing off more their shiny legendaries ect. than the character for showing off, how rich the player is, has nothign to search in a beauty contest thats about Characters)

3rd) Make good choices of colors and contrasts, which should as good as possible harmonize with each other and not bite each other or be too bright, too dark or too often just the same colors, so no contrasts at all, what is boring and even more ugly.

4th) Make sure, that the taken picture is made of high resolution and on max settings.

5th) Be creative, if you show your character with something wearing, that already tonms of other people have shown, its uncreative to just show your character with the exact same stuff on. Goal is it to presentate your character as unique as possible.

I just think that picture followed best these rules.

• Good chosen Colors and Contrasts
  • No obsolete bling bling to overshadow the ugliness of the rest of the character
  • Unique Look
  • High Resolution/Max Settings
  • No Equipment, that takes more of the view, than the Character itself

well done

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in In-game Events

Lilith Ajit.6173

I agree with Orpheal on some aspects, but I think it’s also a factor of interesting and innovative armor choices. Like, doing armor combinations that look absolutely amazing but are, say, all from different sets. It shows real thought. Which is why, in terms of fashion, which is what the OP said (fashion enthusiasts), I think the destroyer Sylvari wins (Flipyap).

Although I still think my norn is prettier than any salad could ever be

[ARES]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Pyr O Desolation.5017

Pyr O Desolation.5017

My IGN is Pyro Desolation, SoS server, representing : The Pack You Envy [ENVY] im not sure how to post multiple pics so will have to do 2 posts.

Attachments:

It’s not always about winning, sometimes its about losing without feeling used.

in In-game Events

Pyr O Desolation.5017

Pyro Desolation [Front]

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Pyr O Desolation.5017

oh oops it was feb 15 i feel dumb. sorry was confused!

in In-game Events

Lilith Ajit.6173

Hey folks, just wanted to let you guys know that I’m doing my second fashion contest. See this link if you are interested: Dungeon Fashion

Goooood luck!

[ARES]

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)