Guild Wars 2 Character Commissions open

in Community Creations

Posted by: DarkniteJ.8053

DarkniteJ.8053

Hello,

I am on my way to applying as a games artist and while I’m waiting, I have no other source of income aside from what I’ve saved in my last day job. (I quit because I wanted to pursue my dreams.) Now I need your help for support in the next few weeks while I wait for responses on my application.

I am open for character commissions for $30 – $100 (depending on the complexity of what you want drawn). I will need some screenshots and the pose you may want your characters to be in. I may ask for a 50% down payment before I begin and the other 50% upon delivery of the digital file. It takes me two days to finish a full painting (hey, I play just like you So if I don’t get paid after I worked hard on a painting for two days, that’s a lot of lost time for me so I hope you understand. I promise to deliver and you have nothing to worry about, as a starving artist, all I have is my reputation and I am very careful about it.

$30- $40 – Simple painted character
$60.00 – Character with simple background.

All payments will be done on Paypal.

All of this will be done in a painted style so I can further enhance my skills in this style. The attachment is just a sample and I will not use any base to draw your character. Asuran’s and Charr are welcome. The rest of my gallery can be seen in this link:

http://darknitejohanne.deviantart.com/gallery/41482292

Attachments:

(edited by DarkniteJ.8053)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

While the actual quality/standard of your work is high, I must make a few comments:

- With those prices, you’re very unlikely to see very many commissions (from these forums here, anyway). I know of a handful of comparable artists who offer colored fullbodies in the $30 – $40 price range.

- What’s up with the attachment/your “Roster 1” pic? Basically, do you plan on doing all of your commissions using a pre-prepared base? Because that would have some unfortunate implications for anyone wanting charr or asura out there.

EDIT: And $40 extra for a simple background is basically lunacy. I can understand $60 for a single character with high technical skill and detail, but… I could create a background similar to any one of the ones featured on your DeviantART account with relative ease.

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

in Community Creations

DarkniteJ.8053

While the actual quality/standard of your work is high, I must make a few comments:

- With those prices, you’re very unlikely to see very many commissions (from these forums here, anyway). I know of a handful of comparable artists who offer colored fullbodies in the $30 – $40 price range.

- What’s up with the attachment/your “Roster 1” pic? Basically, do you plan on doing all of your commissions using a pre-prepared base? Because that would have some unfortunate implications for anyone wanting charr or asura out there.

EDIT: And $40 extra for a simple background is basically lunacy. I can understand $60 for a single character with high technical skill and detail, but… I could create a background similar to any one of the ones featured on your DeviantART account with relative ease.

Thank you for the honest feedback. I appreciate it. I would be willing to do $30 – $40 for a linart and colors, I guess, depending on the complexity of the art.

Nope, those are just examples. I will do everything from scratch. Especially for the Asuran’s and the Charr requests. I won’t use a base for the commissions.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

Thank you for the honest feedback. I appreciate it. I would be willing to do $30 – $40 for a linart and colors, I guess, depending on the complexity of the art.

Nope, those are just examples. I will do everything from scratch. Especially for the Asuran’s and the Charr requests. I won’t use a base for the commissions.

To the bolded: Alright, that’s really good, because that’s probably going to be the first question on anyone’s mind when looking at this thread.

Ok! Good luck.

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

in Community Creations

DarkniteJ.8053

To the bolded: Alright, that’s really good, because that’s probably going to be the first question on anyone’s mind when looking at this thread.

Ok! Good luck.

Thanks! I adjusted my price. I am new to this commissions thingy.