An argument for 800 gems

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

Hi, I am Mummies R US from Gom.

The following constitutes my thoughts. I am not in charge of server recruitment.

We are #19. Gom could, right now, Tank this match and be in 20th. It wouldn’t be hard. It is very much in our power to do so.

We have not once tanked a match, given up when the chips are down, or lost hope in ourselves when things got tough. That’s not going to change today because of some random announcement. We have server pride.

We have a STRONG presence at NA prime time. Last tourney we won almost every match during our prime time. The exception being those like GOMvsHODvsSF where the numbers were beyond outnumbered buff.

We had multiple matches during the last tourney (where we got no transfers to speak of) where the other 2 sides jumped on us and when asked why, it was because they knew no matter what pressure they put on us they would get a fight, and they knew if they did not hit us hard we WOULD be in their borderlands chewing things up.

Coverage is the main thing holding us back.

We really don’t Yo-Yo. GOM is the rock in the tides that are the bronze leagues. We are always doing the best with what we have.

We have a strong core. We just need some folks who want to be that tipping point.

I have read a bunch of the recruitment threads. We are different in some ways.

We aren’t malleable.

We aren’t going to just change everything if some savior shows up to take us to the promised land.

We are going to invite you in with open arms, let you do what you do, and shake your bloodied hands over the bodies in the battlefield. Or if its Dolyak Attack night, bloody hooves, whatever.

If your guild shows that it can effect the battlefield, believe me we will be right next to you pushing in the same direction.

That’s why it is going to cost to move here. We aren’t going to become over-powered for 3 months then drop to 30th. Your guild would be joining an existing, active group of players with a community TS, not a ghost land.

Last tourney, we came in 4th. Ask around, coverage was the stumbling block. If you are considering moving down some tiers, perhaps being on a server that has guts would be worth a few bucks.

If you are an Asian or OCX Guild thinking you want to move, you have a choice to move to somewhere that already has coverage and have yourself a PvDoor fest, or come here and get some real fights.

Because in this tourney, we will face servers that have that coverage. At least 3. And your guild will get a chance to really make itself a name.

Just my 2c.

We welcome anyone from any time zone who like to have fun, fight to the last man, have fun, join the community and also in case I missed it have fun.

Just remember, we arent going to be the guys getting those guilds moving for kittens and giggles. Coming to GOM is your best bet for somewhere with permanence.

You can jump on our forums, come visit via guesting or jump into TS to find our guild leaders and community managers. I would be happy to help set that up.

-Mummies R Us

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

(edited by Easterbunny.6170)

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

800 Would be a good idea, people are less likely to spend the extra $10 just to get 200 more, but Anet isn’t smart. Smart business is 800 so people spend the 10 bucks, people are not dumb they realize why they are charging 1000 gems and will just use the free transfers instead of spending 10 more for the 200 extra it costs to transfer. Their marketing department is about as smart as their WvW department.

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

It will cost 800 gems to move to R16-19

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Nuzt.7894

Oh well then I don’t see the problem, GoM has numbers their biggest problem is PvE events.

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

I could answer that pretty succinctly, but it occurs to me that doing so would give people a roadmap for beating us heh.

Soooo I will just say our WvW guilds in my opinion field about the same numbers regardless, our casuals though do rise and fall.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

All of our WvW guilds get along with one another and respect each other, so no trolling guilds to worry about. We hold weekly meetings to discuss every matchup and coordinate with one another during the matchup.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

Sure do

And, as I have said above, wont be moving somewhere just to have some other guild leave and have the server drop once again.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

GoM is a fun server to play… it was really fun playing you guys in the end of last season, and gathering intel an carrying it out to keep things papered and flipped was a lot of fun. You guys do have a lot of players, but IMO may be a bit lacking on strategy. If I played on GoM as soon as that announcement came out I would have pushed to change server the wide strategy from high ppt to more open field fights at least for the week (and that’s not tanking, think of it as a deferred expense), giving DR a chance to pass GoM in score for the week end end up in 19th and have you to be under the price point for free transfers. But you guys went the other direction attempting to cap everything in sight displaying all the prowess of your t7 might; like the new season had already started or something. the 800 gem price tag is your reward for that. it is what it is. your fans will either pay it to transfer over, or wont. you’ll either get new folks in, or you wont. I guess to some extent that’s the way it is anyway, even w/ free transfers. I’m sure people will look at poor kain and wonder if it would be worth the price to transfer off if things don’t work out.

good luck guys. look forward to the tourney.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Crunk n monkey.3749

The door is always open in GoM for new players and guilds to join. We welcome both to GoM not just for the tournament, but even afterwards. We want out WvWers to feel comfortable, welcomed, and above all, to have fun.

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

Gate of Madness is a great server. We got Teamspeak, a great community, and lots of epic guilds. Come join us for some great WvW in Season 2 and beyond!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

GoM is a fun server to play… it was really fun playing you guys in the end of last season, and gathering intel an carrying it out to keep things papered and flipped was a lot of fun. You guys do have a lot of players, but IMO may be a bit lacking on strategy. If I played on GoM as soon as that announcement came out I would have pushed to change server the wide strategy from high ppt to more open field fights at least for the week (and that’s not tanking, think of it as a deferred expense), giving DR a chance to pass GoM in score for the week end end up in 19th and have you to be under the price point for free transfers. But you guys went the other direction attempting to cap everything in sight displaying all the prowess of your t7 might; like the new season had already started or something. the 800 gem price tag is your reward for that. it is what it is. your fans will either pay it to transfer over, or wont. you’ll either get new folks in, or you wont. I guess to some extent that’s the way it is anyway, even w/ free transfers. I’m sure people will look at poor kain and wonder if it would be worth the price to transfer off if things don’t work out.

good luck guys. look forward to the tourney.

AR

ET

Kaineg

All 3 have had big transfers in in the past followed by major defections. I can name many more.

We want something different than temporary and totally illusionary supremacy.

We want guilds who wnt to stay. We were not willing to pimp out our principals as a server, And frankly if we were why would anyone want to join?

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

123456789011 12 13 14 15 characters.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Happy recruiting GoM and good luck. I’ve had nothing but respectful interactions with players from this server on their forums and otherwise.

Our fights with Worm and others have been great. Glad I could get back into wvw these last few days

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

It’s been a pleasure facing TBT! Hope for some more good fights to come!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Crunk n monkey.3749

It’s been a pleasure facing TBT! Hope for some more good fights to come!

One day, we’ll crack that guard/warr heavy front line. :p

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

I am laughing at myself because I just told someone else that posting videos in these threads is silly, since all videos show everyone winning, but I love this video. Besides Words are boring after a while.

I think its DH/DR/GOM.

And for kittens and giggles Ash on the most recent reset night.

Vids by Purp Scorpington.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

Bleh, cant edit. Was going to actually remove that 2nd video because someone says something about a guild on AR specifically. To make what is said clear, we thought they had us but whoever was in charge didn’t execute. They had us dead to rights heh

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

I found it comical that your commander was using ascalonian mage potion while also running a tag, i hope he wasnt thinking it would make people follow him better, theyre only suppose to be used when youre running and dont want pugs, you guys probably needed the extra help. From what i see, the fights are all an equal number between a guild group and pugs, id hope the guild group would win.

I support this thread, 800 gems can make you too seem like a god walking amongst mere mortals, well…atleast thats what ive heard from recent transfers to GoM.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

Im guessing quaggan potions also only for martin luther king day.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: Helzy.4036

Helzy.4036

I am laughing at myself because I just told someone else that posting videos in these threads is silly, since all videos show everyone winning, but I love this video. Besides Words are boring after a while.

I think its DH/DR/GOM.

And for kittens and giggles Ash on the most recent reset night.

Vids by Purp Scorpington.

Nice vids, wasn’t around on reset looks like there was a lot of fun fights to be had. Hoping these fights carry on for the duration, it certainly makes the game more enjoyable !

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

Yeah it was fun. Wish we had the #s to meet you folks in full on open field tonight. See TBT tomorrow

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

Bumpitybumpitybump. Go GoM!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

Come to GoM!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

I’ve stayed with GoM since the release if the game, and have had a great experience!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Crunk n monkey.3749

Well said Hectance, I can’t think of any better server I would want to be on. I get along with the majority of the people on the server and know them fairly well.

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

Bump for the GoMmunity!

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Crunk n monkey.3749

Gom fights to the last man.

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Love my server, wouldn’t trade it for any other =)

Gate of Madness

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Crunk n monkey.3749

Today is that day. Come join us.

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

all vids by purp scorpion because purp has been very prolific the last couple of weeks and his music choices are fun

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

Yea, Purp’s videos are awesome. Go Gate of Madness!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Crunk n monkey.3749

I can’t stop watching that farming fight in ET’s garrison on reset. Makes me happy to be apart of GoM.

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

Here’s [WHO]’s channel as well in case any of you want to get a different perspective on what GoM is like: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEwSsIOgrxz8K4w51EcZ7NQ

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

New guild for all of those single/group buddying wanting to transfer to GOM!!
and I hope we can be GvG buddy [WHO] (;
-See you on the field !

Rebels Immortalized [zerg]

Forming new guild on Gate of madness for spring tournament 2014.

PM: in game Panda the chop chop

Things to expect

-No guild bonuses until influence is made.
-Team speak required.
-Guild to grow in the coming days.
-Becoming prominent guild on GOM.
-wvw everyday as a guild and/or guild kill squad (aka) Raids.
-Respect from our/other server(s) as our guild becomes more skilled together.
-Future team comp.
-All classes welcome.
-All skill levels welcome.
-learning what/how to communicate.
-Taking on full maps.
-Gom style tactics.
-Being hated by other servers who face us

This guild is NEW so expect small numbers at first!!
we WILL grow, we will be strong!!

Things I would love to have members as.

-Someone(s) who can videos/records/stream us on youtube.com Media
-People with strong leadership skills in game or irl. Officers.

• IF YOU CAN FILL THAT POSITION* Let me know I will do a small simple interview

INTERESTED IN GREATNESS ON G.O.M. ?

PM: in game Panda the chop chop

YES, WvW/Raid Leader of [RICH] on Blackgate and Gate of Madness

See You on The Feild!

IGN: Itspanda

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Nuzt.7894

Great people on GoM, can’t wait to get a crack at you during seasons the battles will be glorious for all.

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Great people on GoM, can’t wait to get a crack at you during seasons the battles will be glorious for all.

I anxiously await more of AR’s amazing drawings!

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

#jointhemadness!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

I need to find that old MSpaint thing where you can draw live so I can respond to that one :p

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Crunk n monkey.3749

The fights with Sorrow’s Furnace and Darkhaven have made an impression. The time is now to join GoM!

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

big step indeed keep up the great work!

IGN: Itspanda

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Posted by: FreeRide.2547

FreeRide.2547

We are in a gooooooood spot for the season!

FreeRide GOM

An argument for 800 gems

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

In Gom Thread bumps you!

Old joke is old.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder