Anvil Rock Server (WvW Crew Wants YOU)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dezarys.1372

Dezarys.1372

Hey guys!

I am the Leader for Anvil Rock’s largest and most active WvW Guild. I will act as a representative for our server so if you have any more questions after reading this thread please whisper:

Solovic

Overview:

The Anvil Rock World vs. World community is looking for Guilds and Players to come join us on the World vs. World battlefield! We have a strong and friendly NA crew, two of our larger Guilds usually coordinating across maps, and our militia doing as much work as possible on whatever map they are on. We also have many smaller Guilds who put in as much work as they can to push for a victory.

Goals:

We would like to push up in Tiers and improve as a whole. We need to improve our communication so we are hoping those who decide to come down here with us, please be a group that would be willing to communicate through TeamSpeak.

We want to improve our overall coverage, if we can pick up a decent OCX crew we will push up 2 tiers guaranteed. Our NA crew puts fourth a lot of effort during day. We just lack an overnight crew.

Pros:

• You will have other Guilds to coordinate and work with.
  • We have a Server TeamSpeak
  • We have a Server Website
  • Our server has a strong will to fight. We don’t give up and we push hard.

Cons:

• We lack coverage
  • We lack scouts (this can also be considered coverage though)
  • We don’t communicate as well as we’d like to

Just to recap, our server can push up 2 tiers if we can find a decent OCX crew. NA is welcome as well so we can cover more maps.

Currently we cover 2-3 maps during reset (non queued) and push hard during this day. Our server can cover all maps, but there aren’t enough organized groups to do so. This is why we need more people on our server.

I’ll probably add more to this in the comments.

P.S. (added after my 2 comments)

Please no trolling or acting rudely to this thread. We are just looking to help improve our server and find more people to play and work with. Our Server overall is friendly and we see no drama here. I hope some Guilds or players who read this will take interest and consider joining us in our fight!

Guild Leader of Oakvale [Vale]
http://oakvale.enjin.com

(edited by Dezarys.1372)

in Looking for...

Dezarys.1372

From our Guild’s perspective:

This section will split off from what the server would probably want to advertise as.

However, our Guild would want to be straight forward and real with anyone who is interested in joining. [Vale] came from a Tier 1 Server (JQ) and moved to Anvil Rock (Tier 8). The WvW community wasn’t coordinating as well as it used to, and it became too blobby. Our Guild couldn’t find decent fights anymore and we just needed a map force to hold ground. It was getting dull and boring for us. So we talked with multiple servers about a transfer, Anvil Rock contacted us and the Guild that talked with us promised us fantastic things.

Some of which were true, but mostly false. False, because overtime things went downhill for them. After seeing what we went through, we decided we would do our best to help this server improve, we’ve taken heavy losses and rebuilt. Things are honestly looking good so far for this server. We have potential, we just need numbers. (I don’t want anyone reading this to feel the MIGHT get put in the same situation we were in, whisper me in game and we can have a discussion about this. I’ll keep it real and to the point)

Some of the commanders aren’t exactly the best, but they put fourth their effort and we thank them for that. Again, we heavily lack coverage (mainly OCX time) and lack numbers on field. But everyone who is passionate about WvW and our community does all the work they can to help improve.

If you’re a community that is willing to work with us on TeamSpeak and plan things out each week. This is the perfect home for you. We will do out best to work with you and support the server.

Again, this server isn’t the best place for WvW, but we can sure as hell put up an AMAZING fight. We push hard and stay strong. Together, we’ll work on improving and working our way up. This is what our Server wants and will aim to do.

(edited by Dezarys.1372)

in Looking for...

Dezarys.1372

We Field about 25-30 a night and recently have started growing larger and becoming more active (again after losing players due to heavy changes for this server, in which we’ve held multiple meetings and adjusted to something our Guild now enjoys) We are expecting a 35+ turn out in the next upcoming week.

Our second largest group fields 15-25 a night (I think, or maybe 15-20)

Our third largest group fields maybe about 10-15 a night, maybe even 20 at max. But they lack communication, and don’t seem too interested in PPT, from what we’ve seen from them.

in Looking for...

Dezarys.1372

Anvilrockserver.com is our website if you’d like to stop by

in Looking for...

Dezarys.1372

Please ask questions if you feel the need to throw one out, I’m happy to answer questions about our Server if it will help your decision on moving over!

in Looking for...

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

Good luck Vale. Miss you guys.

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)

in Looking for...

Dezarys.1372

Good luck Vale. Miss you guys.

Heard you guys are enjoying your new server

D/w you’ll be seeing us again on the field soon!! xD Wait just 1 or 2 more resets!!! :P

in Looking for...

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

As a long time fixture on AR I’ve seen the rise and fall of our server, seen people come and go, seen the things that work and the things that don’t.

I think what we Solovic’s trying to do here is a very positive thing for AR and anybody wanting a server with some permanence should really take the opportunity to give anvil rock a spin.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

(edited by Steve Whitley.8359)

in Looking for...

Dezarys.1372

We’re still looking for more groups who may be interested in joining Anvil Rock Server.

There are a couple Guilds considering the transfer, we are just waiting for their final word.

in Looking for...

Dezarys.1372

Just a refresher, our server is strong for being a low tier server. We just lack the coverage.

Any OCX guilds looking for a new home, this will be a good fit for you. Field 10-15 per night and you can make a huge difference for this server.

We can always use more numbers for multiple map coverage. Holler at me if you’re interested please! We really want to improve our server’s WvW community!!!!

in Looking for...

Posted by: CornChips.5392

CornChips.5392

Bumping for great fights!!!

CornChips | Sylvari Guardian |
Dvaita Vedanta | Human Mesmer|
The Fluttering Horde [TFH] | CD

in Looking for...

Posted by: Alysia.4635

Alysia.4635

Up!

Waiting for newcomers!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

As a proud and loyal Eredon Terrace Commander, I just have to give some props to AR.

Facing you guys off and on over the past couple of months, you guys consistently show smarts and sound strategy.

ET prides itself on quality over quantity but you guys have a fair bit of both

Ev
[SQD]