Asian player looking for a skilled EU server

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ofthedivine.4708

Ofthedivine.4708

Hi, I am an Asian player looking for a skilled EU server. I would love to play on a server which runs medium sized well coordinated teams busting zergs and blobs. A place where I can improve myself as a player and make a meaningful contribution to my server.

My usual play time is from 00:30 am GMT to 18:30 GMT. Server must have an active population during this time (on at least two maps).

Thank you for reading, I am looking forward towards your replies.

in Looking for...

Ofthedivine.4708

Which EU servers have active Asian communities?

in Looking for...

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

unfortunately, pretty much most of servers are “dead” during those times

Most organised guilds start to log in about 2 hrs after ur play time.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

Hi Ofthedivine,

While I don’t know of the circumstances in EU, you will surely be able to make an impact in NA. Sanctum of Rall is currently looking for more Asian and Oceanic players and would love to have you join us; your contribution would help even out the strengths of the other top servers, namely BG and JQ. SoR’s Asian and Oceanic guilds are awesome and you can definitely find a perfect fit among them.

Take a look at SoR’s recruitment thread for more information: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/T1-SOR-Looking-For-Oceanic-Asian-WvWers/first#post2799193

You can find more specific information about our Asian and Oceanic guilds here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Meet-Sanctum-of-Rall-s-Army/first#post2673140

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

(edited by Mirsa.1628)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Am I reading this wrong or does Ofthedivine play 18 hours per day? If that is true, you could go to a mid tier EU or NA server and find people to play with. I will withhold recommendations until I find out if there is a typo somewhere.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Looking for...

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Stormbluff Isle on NA has a very active Asian/Korean community. Many of the War Machine players that did not leave the server to join WM on it’s server hopping stayed behind to PvE. With the resurgence of WvW on SBI, guilds coming home, and many predicting our return to the ranks of the kings of WvW, the Asian Time Zone is again becoming a hub of traffic for Asian players. We have many very skilled commanders during this time who have been in notable guilds on Tier 1 servers like SoR and Blackgate.

The asians are in the process of creating a zergbusting and tactics focused guild in the OCX/SEA prime on SBI and are all enthusiastic and play 10+ hours a day (no lie…). This is a great server to go to if you’re looking to get in on the ground floor of something great.

Other perks include:
Dedicated community site: www.stormbluffisle.com
Active community teamspeak (even during asian timezone)

Hope to see you out there!

Star Player
[KEK]

(edited by Radioactive.1248)

in Looking for...

Ofthedivine.4708

I play around 12 hours everyday in the time frame I mentioned. I only do WvWvW, so PvE side does not bothers me.

Thanks for your post Mirsa, but I am keeping Tier 1 lagfest as a last resort option for now. But I do appreciate the time you took to reply on this thread.

I will put SBI on the list of my potential servers. It seems like almost all EU servers are dead during my playing time.

in Looking for...

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

Gunnar’s Hold (mid table EU) is actually quite active during the times you mention.

Very friendly and welcoming community, some great commanders keeping the pugs organised along with very decent guilds. Community forums and voice comms all available too.

in Looking for...

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

Only servers that are active at midnight eu time are sfr and vs

Roleplayer.

in Looking for...

Mirsa.1628

The notion that T1 is a laggy blobfest is by people that are not in T1. Even though my internet connection is currently the lowest tier possible, I do not get lag in guild raids. However, if you have decided to complete fore go kittenat is fine. Feel free to send me a tell if you have any questions!

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Looking for...

Radioactive.1248

The notion that T1 is a laggy blobfest is by people that are not in T1. Even though my internet connection is currently the lowest tier possible, I do not get lag in guild raids. However, if you have decided to complete fore go T1, that is fine. Feel free to send me a tell if you have any questions!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but IRON is an EU prime guild? That would mean you aren’t generally playing during NA Prime which would be the most prone to lag with most sides able to queue a map.

Star Player
[KEK]

in Looking for...

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

The notion that T1 is a laggy blobfest is by people that are not in T1. Even though my internet connection is currently the lowest tier possible, I do not get lag in guild raids. However, if you have decided to complete fore go T1, that is fine. Feel free to send me a tell if you have any questions!

That’s a complete and utter lie. You play on SoR, which isn’t even in a T1 matchup at the moment and the ability lagfest is terrible at times.

However, having played on all 3 (JQ/BG and SoR) the SoR server has the least ability lag of the 3, so I presume Anet are using it to test some change/improvements out on.

I’ve never heard anyone refer to WvW in the context of “guild raids” either. Unless you mean running around in guild only groups, which if it’s IRON, are pretty hefty groups, almost zerg like at times and there’s no way you’re avoiding that ability lag on SoR unless you’re avoiding everything and just rubbing your face off the doors.

The ability lag is also server side, not client side and has very little if anything to do with your internet connection. I’ve 150Mb broadband here and it makes no difference.

in Looking for...

Mirsa.1628

It’s not like I’ve been on SoR for just one week…

Referring to an organized guild session as a “raid” is pretty common for MMO’s. Yes, I use the term guild raid to specify when I run with my guild. 30-35 is our usual number, however we cannot completely control the amount of pugs that follow.

We surely hit everything we can and I can use all my skills while doing it, even against groups multiple times our size. If it’s due to some unique feature that the SoR server has, that is news to me.

Basically, you can control whether you participate in server blobbing. In my case, I actively try to avoid that.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

This is not true. Desolation and Riverside also have a night team. And it seems Piken Square also got some guild to do night capping, but that seems to be rather small guild, so they are lacking in this respect and Piken bleeds points at night time.

SFR has the strongest morning presence (100+ players + golems) and an SFR player confirmed that they can short queues then. I can imagine the queues are worse in prime time.

The server rank has little to do with skill. I would say that for example Augury Rock, a rather small French server, has some very high quality players and guilds, but they are rank 8 at the moment. The servers who are in top 2, are there because they stacked with huge amount of WvWvW players, have the best coverage (and also the longest queues). It boils down: Do you want to be on a winning server and spend time waiting to enter the WvWvW? Or do you want to play on a server which has no chance to win gold league, but there are no queues to speak of?

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Looking for...

Ofthedivine.4708

This is not true. Desolation and Riverside also have a night team. And it seems Piken Square also got some guild to do night capping, but that seems to be rather small guild, so they are lacking in this respect and Piken bleeds points at night time.

SFR has the strongest morning presence (100+ players + golems) and an SFR player confirmed that they can short queues then. I can imagine the queues are worse in prime time.

The server rank has little to do with skill. I would say that for example Augury Rock, a rather small French server, has some very high quality players and guilds, but they are rank 8 at the moment. The servers who are in top 2, are there because they stacked with huge amount of WvWvW players, have the best coverage (and also the longest queues). It boils down: Do you want to be on a winning server and spend time waiting to enter the WvWvW? Or do you want to play on a server which has no chance to win gold league, but there are no queues to speak of?

I will do my best for server ppt, but honestly if we don’t win (or don’t have a chance at being first) then it is no big deal. I do expect the server to have enough people to be competitive on at least 2 maps during my play time. If our 30 are fighting 50 enemies, it is fine by me. But if 10 of us are fighting 60 man blobs all the time, then its not fun.

in Looking for...

Ofthedivine.4708

It seems my choices are down to

NA: SBI

EU: Gunnar’s Hold, Piken Square, Riverside or Desolation.

in Looking for...

Ofthedivine.4708

I will be making my final decision in 24 hours. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Dude, what the heck. A LOT of EU servers have sizable forces out during asian prime time. Remember: euro prime time starts during asian prime time (russians, eastern europeans etc). Of the 4 servers you’ve listed, Piken, Riverside and Desolation will have plenty of people out there. I’m not too sure about Gunnar’s though.

SBI, to my knowledge, does not have any large asian guilds. Unless you like running in small groups or unorganized pug zergs, the only NA servers to consider outside T1 is TC (which is almost T1), FA, DB or CD. All have 2 or more asian guilds.

in Looking for...

Radioactive.1248

SBI does have asian guilds, most notably Kiwi (active in GvG scene to an extent, but some ex WM that never made the move are in Kiwi), also TE, which is an international guild with an asian time force that isn’t necessarily large compared to tier 1, but dominates for our tier. We have some people from notable guilds like Saty on SoR and ND on BG who help lead Asia time on SBI.

Star Player
[KEK]