in Looking for...

Posted by: Asesino Rosado.4973

Asesino Rosado.4973

“[Shdw] Aeon” approves of this message.

Call to arms - Sanctum of Rall

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jax.1283

Jax.1283

Firstly I just want to start off. As the ex-Oceanic Server Leader I don’t remember anyone outside of Fear being rude to players. And they transferred way before the mass exodus. As far as what happened. No we did not leave because of the reason you gave. My Guild left due to no one else to assist us in Oceanic time. Everyone else had their reasons. So please don’t spread rumours that BG stacking was the reason. It happens, the wvw guilds stuck it out. We fought a uphill battle for a long time. The militia got disheartened as we did not have the coverage to win. So numbers died. When numbers die concerning militia the guilds are effected after. So we ended up losing numbers and had issues with recruitment. Referring back to my leaving post GC was down to 12 Average a night. If I had stayed GC would have disbanded due to not enough active players. So the move was necessary whether we wanted to or not. Now revitalised on TC we are solid at 20-30. It shows a choice was for the best.Regarding SOR, no one was to blame for what happened.

People leave to try other things. There is only so much people can do. Anyways out of the ex-Server leaders, Indo, GA, Seventh and myself. All I can say is none of us were arrogant. Often we lead for SOR, We threw so much time and effort in helping that server. So please don’t put down all the commanders and guilds on account of one or two.

Honestly I still have an account there. I log in time to time. SOR to me will always be special. I formed GC there and I have so many memories on that server. We were there for 1 year.

So anyways this isn’t meant to stop people looking into SOR. That server is amazing. GC only moved to find more OC guilds to run with. And that’s the truth. If we were all so bitter most of us would have split. However 9 out of 13 WvW guilds are now on TC. If that doesn’t show that we enjoyed everyone’s company I don’t know what will.

Anyways To all future Players please consider SOR its a great place with amazing people still there. To Javachips and the New Server Leaders Good luck in rebuilding.

I didn’t want to step on toes but please don’t insult people’s efforts.

Rai
OCX Commander

in Looking for...

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

I left SoR, sad as it was. I’m only 1 person and saw a rapid decline as guilds went off to find greater numbers to bring the fight to BG/JQ. I’m talking in general of the oceanic prime time here (can’t comment on any other).

I’d just like to say that SoR is still a great server and will bounce back. They have strong guilds like GSCH who are in it for the long run. While I was on the server I didn’t experience any negative attitudes.

Good luck SoR, may you grow strong again.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jax.1283

Jax.1283

Gl to you Akanibbles I believe you ran with GC awhile back but yea like you said SOR is still great they will be fine

Rai
OCX Commander

in Looking for...

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

He actually speaks a lot of truth. I’ve been told by several of my favorite militia members because of the ways the guilds were acting. They were being mean to those that wanted to join in on wvw because they might have died when they weren’t sure what they were doing at first. I’ve actually got a few coming back now that we’ve lost those elitest guilds that acted like a bunch of kittenholes to militia/new wvwers.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kavor.6183

Kavor.6183

Great Server,and good people!

in Looking for...

Posted by: EiLrahc.8076

EiLrahc.8076

SoR is slowly but surely building ourselves back up. We welcome everyone who wants to do WvW, regardless of your class, your level or how much experience you have had with large-scale PvP.

We do need more people, both leaders and capable men, during the 7am – 10am (server time) timezone. Our guild [ZërO] runs a small havoc group during this timezone and are working on holding down our own borderland when we raid. Feel free to hang out with us if you are on SoR borderland at this time.

We are few and fairly new but we are more than happy to share with you what we have learnt in the past. Do contact Legendary Vic or Hier Kinslayer if you have any queries.

Cheers!

in Looking for...

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

Bump

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jeff.5139

Jeff.5139

Like most Rallians, I WvWed out of curiosity, then for the bags and eventually for the Great Community. But never in my mind can I ever imagine Rallians being “fair weather millitia”.

Each guild had its reasons for leaving (Fights, PPT, Survival, etc.) and each Rallian has reasons for not regularly committing to a raiding time or showing up but never because of being"disheartened", we always came in when our schedules permit and fought if there was a group to join which brought us the bags and the camaraderie that we played WvW for.

I’ve run with the Oceanics since when Zorh and Lorthos the Prince of Prosperity were in command with HIRE leading a lot less Rallian militia than NA guilds due to SoR being naturally light in Oceanic, but we still did well, farmed a ton of bags and had a darn good time doing it despite the PPT and the relentless hordes of JQ-SEA, SOS-OCX, and BG day after day after day.

We are RALLIANS, militia of the Sanctum of Rall. By our ingrained experiences we play for fun and bags. We fight, we die and we keep coming back for more. We’ll follow that tag to the the ends of the earth and back knowing that the roads are paved with loot, friends and good times.

http://www.sanctumofrall.com/

in Looking for...

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

Really amazing community. Griefing and trolling are almost unheard of, and all the guilds and their commanders are friendly and helpful.

If you’re new to the game or WvW and happen to be browsing this forum, please come over to SoR! There are daily newb-friendly events and plenty of people doing PvE at all hours. It’s the most mature, respectful community I’ve been a part of — in any game.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Sanctum of Fall*. On a serious note omw bros.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in Looking for...

Posted by: Xolst.5412

Xolst.5412

Sanctum of Fall*. On a serious note omw bros.

Raise the flag high. Let those degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!

Monica Lost
Jesters of the Unknown [JsUn]|NSP

in Looking for...

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Who do we speak to about xferring?

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in Looking for...

ceol.9175

I believe you can PM the OP if you would like more information about transferring, like gem assistance or something. If you have any specific questions about the server, please ask us!

in Looking for...

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

Question.

I’m on SoR already, but have been somewhat inactive for the past few months due to school intensity. So I come back and my former (mainly WvW-oriented) guild has left. I love the community here though, so I intend to stay.

I’d like to join a new guild that is fairly well organized for WvW, and though it doesn’t have to be the main focus, WvW is still the primary reason I play the game, so it would be nice to have at least some guild members playing most nights.

Also, I’m a serious WvW player (as in I love to theorycraft, experiment with build synergies, and I’m a good team player and have no problem following orders) but my real life schedule means I’m not a hardcore player (case in point, the months long breaks I sometimes have to take from the game).

Could you recommend a few guilds still on SoR that would be a good fit for me?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Wow, how did you not realize this was going to go bad when you started blaming individuals and other servers.

Denial is a terrible recruitment method.

in Looking for...

ceol.9175

@Nuzt nothing in this thread is going bad. Please keep the negativity on your own server discussions.

@BrickFurious There is actually going to be a server WvW meeting tomorrow at 4pm server time as well as a few WvW practice events. Check out the Sanctum of Rall events page for more. If you come to the meeting, I’m sure you’ll be able to find a WvW-heavy guild. Due to all the more hardcore WvW guilds leaving, you’re more likely to find a casual WvW versus one that requires strict attendance.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

If you’re reading this post.

A: You’re already on Sanctum of Rall and are here to show your support.
Thank You!

B: Were on Sanctum of Rall and for whatever reason you decided to peak out of curiosity.
I can tell you friend, Sanctum of Rall has really bloomed over the past few weeks. This turn of events was the best thing to ever happen to us. Through the ashes came a united forged server who has been sharing memorable moments in both WvW and PvE. We hold no ill will to you, and if you ever decide to return i’m certain you’ll see an all new side to SOR.

C: You’re looking for a new place to kick your feet up and call home.
I can’t and won’t promise you first place or even tier 1. What I can tell you is if you want to remember your time in Guild Wars 2, 5 to 10 years from now, this is the place to be. The fights since we left Tier 1 have been remarkable. I find myself just waiting for the moment I can log in again and play. The community has pulled together nicely and WvW is not about PPT or Win’s and Losses’ it’s about having fun and giving your enemy a hard time. We may not have 24/7 coverage but we have more heart than you’ll find most places. We’ve got people invested in this server who no matter what the outcome still push on and do their best to ensure it’s survival.

Talk to anyone who’s been out and about the past few weeks. The fights have been amazing. when we’re out our enemies run scared, and memories are being made every day. I never heard people share their stories on the battlefield as much as I have the past few weeks. Teamspeak has been filled with stories of overcoming unsurpassable odds, as well as a whole lot of laughter.

If you want to be in Tier 1 and be first place this may not be your best choice. If you want to have fun, well we can provide you with an experience you won’t quickly forget. It’s been a wicked good time out there and I wouldn’t be anywhere but here.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

in Looking for...

Posted by: Asesino Rosado.4973

Asesino Rosado.4973

Bump

[Shdw], a native SoR guild, is recruiting. We’ve been around since day 1. 200 strong, extremely active and looking to build up more WvW players. Missions, Dungeons, MF Boosts, Private TS, ETC.

Aeon

in Looking for...

ceol.9175

We’re holding our own in WvW despite being severely outnumbered the majority of the time, and any time we have comparable numbers, we always dominate. If you want a server with solid PvE, a great sense of community, and a bright WvW future, SoR is the place! Check out all the great events being hosted each week.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jeff.5139

Jeff.5139

I heard that something similar to the “Great Tyrian Adventure” would be held for WvW.

Would love it we got more rewards for enjoying WvW!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

We’ve never really had the opportunity to take Great Tyrian Adventure to WvW as before our drop from T1 every map was queued for hours on end. It was impossible to get people on the map. Additionally the hard-core wvwers took offense to me being on the field before thursday in primetime. So I just kept my mouth shut and ran it as a PvE only event.

If you look at [GSCH] history, our first major community event was siege night in DAOC on Nimue, our second was Open PuG Night which became Battle for Badlands in Warhammer, our third was Telara Saga which sieged the opposing realms capital city.

GSCH has and always will love their Siege Warfare and will do our best to hold exciting events in the PvP front if the opportunity is there. Now that my chains have been lifted and I’m not going to cause problems within the server by doing so I do have plans for Season 4 to make a birth into WvW. I still need a few months to rebuild the loot vault and get the plans flushed out but by mid to end of summer I want to be rolling it out.

In the mean time I will be hosting Foghladha’s Speed Run Missions & WvW every Thursday @ 6-9PM PDT/Server and Saturday 11PM-2AM PDT/Server. These will spend the first hour flying through the 4 guild missions and then taking the party directly into WvW afterwards. There wont be any special raffle or anything but if things work right we will be laying the foundation for season 4.

If you want to come out and participate make sure to get these waypoints:

Blazeridge Steppes 40
[&BPsBAAA=], [&BP0BAAA=], [&BAICAAA=], [&BP4BAAA=], [&BP8BAAA=], [&BAACAAA=], [&BAUCAAA=], [&BFIDAAA=], [&BFEDAAA=], [&BAECAAA=]

Brisban Wildlands 15
[&BGMAAAA=], [&BGMAAAA=], [&BHUAAAA=], [&BGIAAAA=], [&BGQAAAA=], [&BGUAAAA=], [&BFwAAAA=], [&BF0AAAA=]

Diessa Plateau 15
[&BLcAAAA=], [&BGQBAAA=], [&BF8BAAA=], [&BMkDAAA=], [&BN0AAAA=], [&BGMBAAA=], [&BN4AAAA=], [&BMUDAAA=]

Dredgehaunt Cliffs 40
[&BF0CAAA=]

Fields of Ruin 30
[&BEsBAAA=], [&BEwBAAA=], [&BNQAAAA=], [&BFEBAAA=], [&BNMAAAA=], [&BD0EAAA=], [&BEoBAAA=], [&BNYAAAA=], [&BE0BAAA=]

Fireheart Rise 60
[&BCYCAAA=], [&BCQCAAA=], [&BCUCAAA=], [&BCICAAA=]

Frostgorge Sound 70
[&BIACAAA=], [&BHoCAAA=], [&BIICAAA=], [&BIMCAAA=], [&BIECAAA=], [&BIQCAAA=]

Gendarran Fields 25
[&BJQBAAA=], [&BI8BAAA=], [&BM0DAAA=], [&BIsBAAA=], [&BJMBAAA=], [&BI4BAAA=], [&BMwDAAA=]

Harathi Hinterlands 35
[&BKUAAAA=], [&BLIAAAA=], [&BMMAAAA=], [&BKcAAAA=], [&BKgAAAA=]

Iron Marches 50
[&BOoBAAA=], [&BOMBAAA=], [&BOkBAAA=], [&BOIBAAA=], [&BO4BAAA=], [&BOYBAAA=], [&BOQBAAA=], [&BOsBAAA=], [&BOcBAAA=], [&BOUBAAA=]

Kessex Hills 15
[&BAoAAAA=], [&BA4AAAA=], [&BAQAAAA=]

Lornar’s Pass 30
[&BOkAAAA=], [&BFMGAAA=], [&BOgAAAA=], [&BJYBAAA=], [&BJkBAAA=], [&BJgBAAA=], [&BFIGAAA=], [&BOcAAAA=]

Mount Maelstrom 60
[&BNICAAA=], [&BM4CAAA=], [&BMwCAAA=], [&BNACAAA=], [&BMkCAAA=], [&BMoCAAA=], [&BNMCAAA=], [&BM0CAAA=], [&BMcCAAA=], [&BMsCAAA=]

Plains of Ashford 1
[&BJgDAAA=]

Snowden Drifts 15
[&BLcAAAA=], [&BL8DAAA=],[&BLYAAAA=], [&BMIAAAA=], [&BLMAAAA=], [&BL8AAAA=]

Southsun Cove 80
[&BNAGAAA=], [&BNwGAAA=], [&BNgGAAA=]

Sparkfly Fen 55
[&BM0BAAA=], [&BMwBAAA=], [&BLQDAAA=], [&BMcBAAA=], [&BNABAAA=], [&BMgBAAA=], [&BMYBAAA=], [&BLMDAAA=], [&BE0DAAA=]

Timberline Falls 50
[&BEYEAAA=], [&BFUCAAA=], [&BFACAAA=], [&BEsCAAA=], [&BFECAAA=], [&BEwCAAA=]

Also feel free to look over:
http://www.gaiscioch.com/guides/guild_missions/

This guide outlines the locations and missions for each of the Guild Missions. This will be a SORC event open to all.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kahage Furiae.3864

Kahage Furiae.3864

SoR has been our home server for the longest time before we decided to move to SoS for the good of the guild because towards the weeks leading to the mass exodus of wvw guilds we were the only force on a BL at some point to which kinda demoralized us because when you are a havoc guild and you are the only force on a map, something is wrong. For the longest time what i have noticed is yes, SoR does have a great PvE community but the very same PvE community does not even want to experience nor help out in WvW thus the lack of militia(Yes granted you might get some grief here and there from 12 yr old prepubescent kids for dying too easily but it all comes down to you trying to get better and your attitude).Let’s not forget that WvW’ers started in PvE before being converted to WvW.

Let’s all forget about what BG has done to cripple the server or whatnot, althought i do not condone what they have done, they played the stackwar games perfectly, the only ppl that needs to be checked are yourselves. What i mean by that is the server at the time lacked the will to fight to win(yes we are outnumbered but if you give up too easily, you’re not gonna be able to attract guilds) and also from most PvX guilds not supporting the WvW crew.

SoR had too many fairweather players meaning that when the going gets rough they decide to bail out instead of staying to fight to help out the crew.Also during season 1 when those PvE achievement hunter zombies flooded the maps thus creating long queues that prevented us WvW’ers to come in to fight and help out our server, they didnt do anything to help except just blobbing up in ruins for example taking turns to cap it.And once they get all their achievements, they decided to not help out in wvw anymore.So doing stuff like that doesnt really boost our respect towards PvE’ers.That was the real reason in my opinion for the downfall of SoR and due to that us WvW’ers weve lost the will to fight to win thus leading to the exodus.

When a server doesnt try to fight to win, its not attractive to potential guilds who wants a transfer.Its like in sports, do you think you will be able to attract a Star free agent to come to your team when your team has been mediocre for the longest time?Of course not. That same player will join a team that gives him a chance to win a championship.The same goes here.

So the only way i can see SoR rebouncing back from this is if you guys get that will to win back and reinstill passion in WvW from the PvE community and not just have fairweather players who leaves when the going gets rough. That is with that mentality that you will be able to get guilds despite coverage gaps.

Best of luck SoR

The Praetorians(PRAE)
Sea Of Sorrows|Lvl 80 Ranger

(edited by Kahage Furiae.3864)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

The way I see it, people needed a divorce. The hardcore WvW guilds couldn’t win anymore vs BG and JQ. So, instead of blaming each other and blaming PvE. They left to play on a different server and start over.

It had to happen. Now everyone gets a fresh start. People that went to TC get to play with the RPers and use the “play for fun” as excuse. However, I agree that it’s a good attitude. Everyone server should get a free pass for under-performing. We all play for fun.

Stop looking back and look forward.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kavor.6183

Kavor.6183

SoR has been our home server for the longest time before we decided to move to SoS for the good of the guild because towards the weeks leading to the mass exodus of wvw guilds we were the only force on a BL at some point to which kinda demoralized us because when you are a havoc guild and you are the only force on a map, something is wrong. For the longest time what i have noticed is yes, SoR does have a great PvE community but the very same PvE community does not even want to experience nor help out in WvW thus the lack of militia(Yes granted you might get some grief here and there from 12 yr old prepubescent kids for dying too easily but it all comes down to you trying to get better and your attitude).Let’s not forget that WvW’ers started in PvE before being converted to WvW.

Let’s all forget about what BG has done to cripple the server or whatnot, althought i do not condone what they have done, they played the stackwar games perfectly, the only ppl that needs to be checked are yourselves. What i mean by that is the server at the time lacked the will to fight to win(yes we are outnumbered but if you give up too easily, you’re not gonna be able to attract guilds) and also from most PvX guilds not supporting the WvW crew.

SoR had too many fairweather players meaning that when the going gets rough they decide to bail out instead of staying to fight to help out the crew.Also during season 1 when those PvE achievement hunter zombies flooded the maps thus creating long queues that prevented us WvW’ers to come in to fight and help out our server, they didnt do anything to help except just blobbing up in ruins for example taking turns to cap it.And once they get all their achievements, they decided to not help out in wvw anymore.So doing stuff like that doesnt really boost our respect towards PvE’ers.That was the real reason in my opinion for the downfall of SoR and due to that us WvW’ers weve lost the will to fight to win thus leading to the exodus.

When a server doesnt try to fight to win, its not attractive to potential guilds who wants a transfer.Its like in sports, do you think you will be able to attract a Star free agent to come to your team when your team has been mediocre for the longest time?Of course not. That same player will join a team that gives him a chance to win a championship.The same goes here.

So the only way i can see SoR rebouncing back from this is if you guys get that will to win back and reinstill passion in WvW from the PvE community and not just have fairweather players who leaves when the going gets rough. That is with that mentality that you will be able to get guilds despite coverage gaps.

Best of luck SoR

Why post this,its past and over with,to be fair not all true.
there were many hands involved with this server falling,so it is time to move on.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

This forum isn’t to talk about why SoR dropped ranks. It obviously dropped ranks and that happened. In that case, we lost a lot of our guilds. From how I see it though, those guilds leaving actually helped this server. I know a lot of people left the server because of the elitists that would rage every time someone died. Now, that person might have been new, and guess what? He’s not coming back to WvW because that was his first experience. Instead, he left the server.

Now that those guilds are gone and my example above isn’t happening anymore, we are building up greatly! Our remaining guilds are coming out into WvW and fighting hard. Sure, our PPT isn’t through the roof, but that’s because we’re still in need of other players. We get out there, we have fun, we roll some heads, we log to go to bed, we go to work, we get home, and we restart it. Points at this point don’t matter. SoR is building up, and we’re doing so amazingly.

I’m actually liking it a lot more now that we’re lower in tier. There aren’t super duper long queues like there were before, and people are friendly! We don’t accept the bullcrap commanders raging at someone for not knowing what they were doing… or spacing off :P. We teach our players, and guess what… they come back! So, to those that need a great server with a great community and growing WvW…. Come to SOR! Anyone is wanted as long as they aren’t elitist pricks.

If anyone wants more information on Sanctum of Rall and how we do, whisper Caramon Hammersmash. I love helping and giving info!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Wiselash.7615

Wiselash.7615

[Zero] agree on this. More power SoR!

[ZërO] Ground Zëro – Sanctum of Rall

in Looking for...

Posted by: marionimous.5961

marionimous.5961

Arkzen the official owner of SoR NW tower approves this message.

Cthutulu – Guardian
Ground ZërO [ZërO]
Sanctum of Rall

in Looking for...

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

The way I see it, people needed a divorce. The hardcore WvW guilds couldn’t win anymore vs BG and JQ. So, instead of blaming each other and blaming PvE. They left to play on a different server and start over.

It had to happen. Now everyone gets a fresh start. People that went to TC get to play with the RPers and use the “play for fun” as excuse. However, I agree that it’s a good attitude. Everyone server should get a free pass for under-performing. We all play for fun.

Stop looking back and look forward.

Not really considering most of the main SoR guilds…FEAR, TW, IRON, and Choo pretty much all died. People just got burned out of the game after the seasons and constant blackgate blobbing and running. Being a T1 server there was a lust for PPT from the general population but the server had a ridiculously small amount of players and some of the major WvW guilds put fights before PPT. Being on TC and now Maguuma, honestly SoR never had more people than these servers. What is did have was hardcore WvW guilds that could play for PPT. But eventually people got burned out. Pretty much every leader of every major SoR guild became inactive or left all together.

Looking back, it really was a miracle how the server even snagged the #1 spot with so few numbers.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Wiselash.7615

Wiselash.7615

[ZërO] Ground Zëro are currently looking for these classes:

-Guardians
-Warriors
-Mesmers
-Elementalists
-Necromancers

Join us so we can all have fun raiding!

[ZërO] Ground Zëro – Sanctum of Rall

in Looking for...

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

Question 1: What happened to SoR?
Answer - Once season one came, Blackgate bought up all the guilds they could and simply outnumbered us to the point that there was a queue on every map almost 24/7. This destroyed the moral of the server and was the beginning of the downfall.

As a result of season one the past leaders started to be a bit too arrogant often disowning their own community for not being as good as they were. This created a toxic environment for anybody who wanted to learn WvW. This more or less locked our numbers and the guilds as a whole had one of two options. Stop being arrogant or move to a new server with an existing WvW presence. So they moved…

Blaming others for internal problems is what was wrong with the server in the first place. Starting off on a new foot while still placing the blame elsewhere will not work. Start with a clean slate and leave the past in the past. SOR is still the same server as before…

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir