Casual new player looking for an active guild

in Looking for...

Posted by: sam patt.1503

sam patt.1503

I have a level 80 but I was hacked and they got it to level 80 so i am really still a level 10 noob. Therefore I wish to start a new character and join a clan that is helpful and can help me level up.

Thanks

in Looking for...

Posted by: RedJustice.1548

RedJustice.1548

Hi sam! Welcome to GW2! It sounds like MadCast could be the right fit for you, but there are many great communities out there, and I hope you find the right one for you!

My guild, MadCast Gaming, is on Sanctum of Rall. I am not sure what server you are on, but there are a couple of easy options: 1. If you plan on starting over complete, you get to rechoose your server for free if you delete all your characters. If you are comfortable with that, this is an easy time to switch. 2. If you don’t want to switch, you can just guest to Sanctum of Rall for as long as you want! Guesting will allow you to participate in everything on a the guild server for free. Some of our members never transfer, so that is ok, but if you ever want to transfer in the future, we are happy to help dedicated and involved members save for the transfer.

To guest on a server, go to your character select screen. In the bottom left hard side is a button for select your server. You can click on any server on the list that you would. Two buttons show, one for guesting and one for transferring. Guesting lasts for 24 hrs or until you log out, so whenever you want to play on your guild server you will have to pull up the menu and select it. This is fast and easy though, so you will probably not find it inconvenient.

MadCast is a gaming community that is bigger than GW2, but we are always looking for awesome new people to join us! You can check out our website at http://www.madcastgaming.com. I especially suggest you look through the forums some to get a feel for what we are all about, and the other games we play! Here are some points you may find attractive about MadCast:

• We have a mature community. While MadCast has no specific age requirements we do have high expectations for maturity. You will find kind, patient people and no drama. The vast majority of our members are over 18 (especially in GW2). Most of our GW2 members are older with careers, and many have families and children.
  • We are a serious community with casual gameplay. In other words, the main expectations we have for members revolves around positive contribution to the community and not on a packed GW2 schedule attendance. If you are active in the forums and just show up to a few times a week, that is good enough for us. Additionally, because we are casual our community is made out of all levels of players. We have many very new players, some new to gaming in general, and our environment is built on kindness and helpfulness. People will be happy to answer you questions and guide you through things no matter how basic or advanced.
  • We have a super awesome, active TeamSpeak group. We enforce strict rules of respectfulness and tolerance among our players, making it a safe friendly place for everyone. People of all types feel comfortable joining in the conversation and making new friends. You are very welcome to just listen if you are shy or can’t talk for whatever reason.
  • Our community is bigger than in-game. We have a website with a lot of activity and heavy forum use. This is a huge asset because we have people who play all kinds of games over at MadCast, and the forums really serve as the uniting factor among people.

If you check out our website, you will see information about becoming a Full Member of MadCast. This is not something you need to do right away. Take some time to make sure MadCast is the right fit for you! A forum account is required to maintain guild membership, but you have at least 30 days to make one.

If you want to, I would encourage you to join us in our TeamSpeak (you can find information about that here: http://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/topic/5177-intro-madcast-teamspeak-3-server/). Tonight our guild is running Fractal Friday at 7 PM EST. If you are starting over you won’t be able to participate in the Fractal groups, but a lot of people will be around who you can meet, and those of us who don’t feel like doing Fractals would be happy to level with you. We have a new guild member Clint who is a low level, and I was planning on running around with him and another guild member Kit tonight if possible.

If you have any questions you can message me in game, post here, or join our forums and ask there. If you are in-game currently, I’m sorry I will not be in game until around 6 PM EST due to my work schedule, but you can post on our forums or reply here and I will get to it sooner. Good luck finding a place for you! <3