[EU] LF PVE/Social Guild

[EU] LF PVE/Social Guild

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ferroc.7461

Ferroc.7461

Oh well. Here we go again…

I’m looking for a guild to play GW2 with. Unfortunately, I’m a bit of a cantankerous old fogey, with odd points of view, so you might want to read on before you shill your guild. I’m also about two years out of date, which I spent in New Eden, but I’m catching up…

Server preference: I’m on Piken Square, but since I do mostly PVE, any EU Server will do. I’d like to do some WvW, but that’s strictly “nice to have”, not necessary

Play Type Preference: PVE mainly. I’m playing to relax, and my tolerance for getting yelled at and called names over a silly video game is incredibly low. And while I do have a set of berserker gear lying around, I’m not really a fan of speedrun-metacheesing any and all content just because it’s faster.
Seriously, I’m playing a game to pass time here. If I was into this for efficient farming/money making, I’d buy gems, convert them to gold and call it a day.

Player Style: Too hardcore for the casuals, to casual for the hardcore crowd. As explained above, I’m not really an efficiency freak when it gets in the way of having fun or pleasant company. And while I have no family or pets to worry about anymore, I have to run a household, hold down a job, and do like regular homecooked meals.
You’ll probably see me playing every evening. No, I won’t stay up ‘till half past 3 am just because I could use some extra tokens. Neither will I chow down 1.5g worth of buff food just so you can down a boss 5.7 seconds faster.

Active Time: Mostly in the evening, 5-8 pm CET during weekdays, probably a lot longer during the weekends. I used to pull overnighters, but I’m getting too old for this.

Voice preference: I know how to use a voice client, have a working headset, and a seething hatred for both.
My daytime job involves lots of phone calls, so I prefer my downtime involving only loud music and the occasional witty banter via chat. I will use voice if it’s necessary for coordination. I’d rather not unless absolutely necessary.
Besides, I sound like a mixture between Colonel Klink and a norse raider.

Social preference: I’d prefer a small to medium sized guild, about 10-15 active people. Multinational guilds preferred, and seeing that I’m about to hit 40, I’d prefer a more mature community. Good manners preferred to the wisdom of ages, though.

About Me:
You’re probably noticed by now that I’m “difficult”. I’d rather not see discussions about sex, religion, politics, money and illness outside of tyrian context, have a low tolerance for getting yelled at, and generally prefer a “live and let live” approach to other people. I have no problems with RPers.

On the plus side, I tend to be rather friendly, have no problems with explaining things, trying different approaches, will gladly discuss topics within and about the game, and contribute to any guild projects that will come up in the future (and come they will, as we can see from the guild hall previews).
I’m maining a Guardian at the moment, but will switch to a Revenant come HoT, and also have a Ranger, Engineer and Warrior leveled to 80. I usually don’t “do” scholar or cloth classes.

If I haven’t managed to make your eyes glaze over with my wall-of-text attack or scare you off with the content of said text, drop me a line or send me an ingame mail to Ferroc.7461 . Else, skip to the TLDR.

TL;DR: I’m not the guy you want to recruit, really. Move on.

[EU] LF PVE/Social Guild

in Looking for...

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

drop me a line

Done.

About us:
When The Night Falls [WTNF] is an Dedicated PvE Guild with players also doing PvP, only a few do WvW.
We’d like to see ourselves as an Casual / Family type of Guild, where players are valued by their Attitude and Personality.

Now, let’s answer your questions / comments!

Server preference:
We don’t do WvW as a guild, you can play as much WvW as you like as long as you represent.

Play type:
It’s great that you have a berserker set lying around, do with it as you please. we won’t force you in specific gear / builds / meta. However as we’re eyeing for raids, we might have to set a minimal requirement for those.

I’d love to yell at you in PvP, besides that – players won’t as we’ve got a pretty strict “non written” rule about language. (outside of PvP I’m actually a very nice person!)

Player Style:
Play what you want, play when you want and play how you want. Sounds good?

Voice preference:
We’ve got a TeamSpeak channel, while it’s highly recommended – it’s not a requirement.

Social preference:
We’re probably a little bigger than you’ve requested.

About Me: (you)
Doesn’t sound difficult, sounds reasonable to me :P

If you’ve got any questions left, feel free to contact me or visit our website:
http://www.wtnf.net

Grtz
Holy

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

[EU] LF PVE/Social Guild

in Looking for...

Posted by: fizzypetal.7936

fizzypetal.7936

Most entertaining message Ferroc! One of my guildies pointed it out to me and I’m glad she did.

I’d pitch our guild to you but sadly most of our members are on hiatus until HoT (we hope that is the reason anyway)…your hours of play are maybe slightly out of sync with our regulars and I’d be concerned you might be a bit on your own.

You had a pretty great response from Holy so I expect you’ve probably already found yourself a home…

All the best,
One Foot In the Grave
(at just nearing 40 you consider yourself a ‘cantankerous old fogey’ – I’m a bit further up up the track from you so I’m guessing I gotta be pretty close to becoming buzzard food)