Eredon Terrace: Join us, the time is NOW!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Meow Rip ET i guess. Now we have no nightcrew, no daycrew, so…… 24/7 outmanned, outgunned, outkittened. What can you do? Why transfer over and help

Sounds like a challenge, to me.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!! Go ET!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Meow Rip ET i guess. Now we have no nightcrew, no daycrew, so…… 24/7 outmanned, outgunned, outkittened. What can you do? Why transfer over and help

I guess we can still fight EBay which has the same situation…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shanks.8793

Shanks.8793

not really, our night crew wasn’t BoM, only 3-4 of them

End Ascends [End] GM / Eredon Terrace
Duke Marco – Duke Allycat – Boa Hancuck
– Duchess Cute – Duke Garp – Shiecko.

in Looking for...

Jeknar.6184

While I think some ET people won’t like this post, I belive some things must be said.

I’ve been on quite a few servers around (Blackgate, Maguuma, Darkhaven, Eredon Terrace and even on EU Piken Square). While I may be biased by having spent most time on ET, I think that the community here is one of the most friendlier ones you’ll find out there (Altho i did liked Piken’s)… This community is always welcoming new people with open arms, as its always good to see some new faces join our server, be it on PvE or PvP.

Eredon Terrace suffered a major exodus in the past (falling from 3rd to 24th), so the core of the community is composed by some real Die Hards that been sticking to the server even tho it fell a long way…

We have seen many guild come down to us… While some just came down to take a small break from the high tiers (Like [Agg]), there were others that came down (or formed here) with the desire of making ET a stronger server (Like [FoE], [DI], [AKD], [BoM] and maybe others i don’t remember)… The problem is that these guilds that gave us hope of growth, absorbed our people, and left our server (Or simply died like [FoE]). It didn’t happened once or twice. It happened many times over the course of the last 14 months (Time since ET reached the very bottom of the well).

So, if you want to come to Eredon Terrace hoping to make the server grow, but isn’t willing to stay because the road is ‘too long and boring’, don’t even bother comming down here! Server growth isn’t somenthing that happen on a single night (unless you are a super huge active WvW guild like WM was to Kaineng on the past) and we don’t need anymore guilds comming to absorb our already outmanned playerbase, to just leave after…

However, if you are someone who is willing to try take this long trip, no matter how arduos it may be, I’m sure the community of Eredon will accept you with open arms, just as we accepted everyone, including those that turned their backs to us…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in Looking for...

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

I actually really liked that post Jeknar. Its true that ET has always tried very hard to pull together, then after we do pull together our guilds leave, be it from burn outs, or from guild pride issues. Some of us who have been with ET since forever ago will remember at our best times with AA fighting for glory in T1, before going down to last barely having 15ppl online for reset. The one good thing about these mass exodus is you know whose truly die hard, and who can’t stand the pressure of constant stomp. So if you think you wanna come down here, then keep in mind it might be forever until ET pulls thru to the upper tiers.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

in Looking for...

Jeknar.6184

/bump

Better be a strong community than a strong bandwagon… A wagon stop once it hit a wall.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kellth.2146

Kellth.2146

If your looking for a friendly community and people who really care about WvW then you have come to the right spot. I have called Eredon Terrace my home ever since i joined. It was the server i first started my journey on. ET has enthusiastic people who are determined to win and enjoy the spoils of war. ET has the community and the skilled players.

Olichann | Eredon Terrace |

Loyalty Wins Wars…

in Looking for...

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Actually, I continue to be impressed by how well ET is doing despite losing several major WvW guilds to other servers (largely looking for higher-tier play — we’ve had people come back from that in the past) over the past couple of months. We’re currently in second place in points, I saw us take a whole bunch of keeps (including a T3 Hills with a fight in the lord’s room) this Sunday, and were able to push an attack out of our Garrison that got the inner gate down. We also took SMC at least once.

The ET core that spent a long time at the bottom of the rankings still knows how to do more with less, but we’d still welcome all the help we can get. Even though we can’t always maintain the most points throughout the day, that doesn’t mean there aren’t a lot of times during the day when we have people on the offensive taking things and on defense holding what we have.

And, remember, the one nice thing about small servers is that every person makes a difference and you can get to know the people you play with. No, low-tier play isn’t for everyone, but if you want a challenge and to be part of a scrappy group that doesn’t give up and does amazing stuff with the numbers they have, consider giving ET a try.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

in Looking for...

skyhawk.5149

shhhhhhhhh I’m overexagerating so we can seem like the underdog server and then be like BG and stomp Bronze

in Looking for...

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Good luck, ET.

/15chars

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Looking for...

Jeknar.6184

Good luck, ET.

/15chars

We need people, not luck… Get yer kitten back here… Tuna want you!

in Looking for...

Shademehr.1397

Just a couple of days left for free transfers to Eredon Terrace!

in Looking for...

Posted by: strakul.1826

strakul.1826

So nice to see all the ET love! I mainly PvE, but I’ll certainly be joining the fight!

in Looking for...

skyhawk.5149

Last day to join us!

in Looking for...

Berk.8561

Well, people can join us whenever they want. Just the last day to join us for free.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Who can we pm to get more information about ET?

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in Looking for...

Posted by: Xolst.5412

Xolst.5412

Steven Spielberg

Monica Lost
Jesters of the Unknown [JsUn]|NSP

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dudu.7514

Dudu.7514

You can totally message me for any information about ET. Dudu.7514

Norgan Freeman – Commander – ET
Commander of Extermination of Hope [EoH]

in Looking for...

skyhawk.5149

Why do i feel like its a troll post…. regardless you could contact me to
skyhawk.5149
IGN Kiraranger

in Looking for...

Shademehr.1397

Hello, Omne!

If you still need information about Eredon Terrace, please PM me or /w me in-game. We can even get together on TeamSpeak, if you’d like.

There have been several tranfers to ET from NSP already. We’d certainly welcome you as well.

Edit: Last night we had a WvW class for those that are interested in WvW as well as a separate “training” zerg of folks on our server that had little to no WvW experience but were interested in finding out more about it. Kudos to everyone who participated including the trainers, Commanders, organizers, WvW “regulars”, and most importantly: the brave souls who decided to give WvW a try for the first time.

If you are WvW-curious, please also consider Eredon Terrace. We have many people on the server who would love to spend time with you and answer all your questions and help get you started. Hope to see you soon!

(edited by Shademehr.1397)

in Looking for...

Berk.8561

Edit: Last night we had a WvW class for those that are interested in WvW as well as a separate “training” zerg of folks on our server that had little to no WvW experience but were interested in finding out more about it. Kudos to everyone who participated including the trainers, Commanders, organizers, WvW “regulars”, and most importantly: the brave souls who decided to give WvW a try for the first time.

I actually had a bit of skill lag last night during the long battle at Ehmry Bay’s Hills when they brought in all of their forces to defend it. Lag and queues are very mild and rare down here at Tier 8, but the servers can and do field large enough numbers of people that it an happen during prime time or for battles over hotly contested sites at almost any time. I’m pointing this out as a counter to the idea that we’re a giant ghost town where fights are hard to find and tiny when they do happen.

in Looking for...

Berk.8561

Why do i feel like its a troll post….

I don’t. I’ve seen transfers after posts like that in the past. People usually like to know what they are getting into and talking to people on a server is a good way to do that. I’ll also answer PMs, in game or here. We have fewer people than the top-tier servers but we still have a broad variety of play styles from solo roaming to zergs taking objectives and talking to different players can give different perspectives.

(edited by Berk.8561)

in Looking for...

Jeknar.6184

Why do i feel like its a troll post….

I don’t. I’ve seen transfers after posts like that in the past. People usually like to know what they are getting into and talking to people on a server is a good way to do that. I’ll also answer PMs, in game or here. We have fewer people than the top-tier servers but we still have a broad variety of play styles from solo roaming to zergs taking objectives and talking to different players can give different perspectives.

Yeah, but this dude is from [Os], which are known for being trolls (principally birdsong, the infamous [Os] leader)… What would you expect from a likely-to-be troll? Trolling ofc.

Nevertheless, he already have the info he asked for. We’ll see the results…

in Looking for...

Berk.8561

Nevertheless, he already have the info he asked for. We’ll see the results…

Shouldn’t hurt to take it seriously.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in Looking for...

Shademehr.1397

Hello, Omne!

If you still need information about Eredon Terrace, please PM me or /w me in-game. We can even get together on TeamSpeak, if you’d like.

There have been several tranfers to ET from NSP already. We’d certainly welcome you as well.

If you are WvW-curious, please also consider Eredon Terrace. We have many people on the server who would love to spend time with you and answer all your questions and help get you started. Hope to see you soon!

#groundhogday

in Looking for...

skyhawk.5149

lol i guess thx for bumping the thread even with the troll posts….

in Looking for...

Posted by: TaliesinRevel.5971

TaliesinRevel.5971

“We’ve done so much for so long with so little, we can now do everything with nothing.

This post by Shademehr is so true. The base core of players stay and fight for Erendon Terrace because they are proud to call ET their home. They are proud of their friends, proud of their guilds and proud of our Commanders.
We make sacrifices of time and effort for each other. So if you are not the type of person that does this then ET is probably not for you.
We don’t have a lot of people. We don’t have the coverage at all times. We don’t like bullying, we don’t like nay sayers. We nearly always play outnumbered and we get mowed by other servers. Almost immediately after this happens we are out there again with our never say die attitude rebuilding and recapping our lands. We bicker occasionally amongst ourselves but ET-ans know that we do this and then move on. We encourage rather than pull down. We fight rather than give in.
I stay because of the people. We are loyal.
Ps and mostly I like it when my commander raises me.

in Looking for...

skyhawk.5149

I leave for a couple days and no one bumps =.= Anyways right right with leagues here and us getting wrecked, it doesn’t mean we’ve lost spirit. The core is still standing strong, and staying loyal!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kolbane.2495

Kolbane.2495

I originally began the game on ET and had quite a bit of fun with WvW. This may upset some people, but for those seeking another opinion, I’ll share. ET has a lot of potential and it shows, seeing as it used to be in T1. However, there is indeed a reason why it is at the bottom now. Being the small server that it currently is, what goes around comes around and most people know eachother (at least in WvW.) That being said, ET often times has immense amounts of drama being tossed around in different directions on the battlefield. [DI], a guild that kept ET in a safe place for many months, recently left due to needing a bigger challenge. While that was a big reason for them leaving, it was not the sole reason. I became close with a few top-[DI] members and I was told that some of the TeamSpeak admins were toxic players. I will not name names, but I have made an effort to listen to these admins carefully and can honestly say I agree with [DI]. Two of them in-particular are known to yell and harass other players over small things, and have a generally bi-polar attitude on the battlefield. This decreases moral on the battlefield and makes people less inclined to try for ET. Shortly after [DI] left, the server blob guild [AKD] left as well. I have not talked to [AKD] about why they left, but I get the feeling it’s more or less the same reason [DI] left. I could be wrong, but it seems like having the pressure of being the ‘only guild that keeps the server alive in WvW’ is a position that not many people want to be in because the admins often take all of their anger out on said guild. Any [DI] member who came from ET can vouch on that.

Aside from abusive admins, there is also the issue of carelessness. ET has many players that, from what I have seen, observed, and been told, do not want nor care to get better at the game. I’m all for fun in WvW, it is just a game after all, but I know of at least three guilds that do WvW just for taking a few towers and calling it a night. These guilds, which I have run alongside, have been successful tower claimers.. but have been utterly slaughtered by groups that are half their size. ET has begun to realize this though and is offering many different types of training sessions in WvW, and I applaud them for that. Communication is also something I want to shout out to ET for, their ‘commander chat’ on TeamSpeak is a great way to communicate to other people in different maps.

Finally, the issue of being too small is ever present but is being remedied here on this forum post and I’m glad to see it. Over all, ET could shine brightly, but is bogged down by drama and toxic admins. I no longer play GW2 so these admins could have had a change of heart since I left, but due to the nature of their personalities as I’ve witnessed thus far, I doubt it highly. One thing I can say though is this; if you don’t mind those problems, ET will serve you as a really fun server to play on and you will make tons of friends because most of the community is extremely friendly.

in Looking for...

skyhawk.5149

I don’t know who the TS admins are as i have never been in the ET TS3. I know AKD left simply because they felt burnt out from the pressure of being the only NA and prime time crew. BoM left because of ego issues and feeling criticized by others. We recruit we move up a bit then get kicked down again with ppl leaving because they all feel their pride has been wounded by each other. Each time whats left are the die hards that know what its gonna be like down here…..

in Looking for...

Posted by: allstarpro.4610

allstarpro.4610

I originally began the game on ET and had quite a bit of fun with WvW. This may upset some people, but for those seeking another opinion, I’ll share. ET has a lot of potential and it shows, seeing as it used to be in T1. However, there is indeed a reason why it is at the bottom now. Being the small server that it currently is, what goes around comes around and most people know eachother (at least in WvW.) That being said, ET often times has immense amounts of drama being tossed around in different directions on the battlefield. [DI], a guild that kept ET in a safe place for many months, recently left due to needing a bigger challenge. While that was a big reason for them leaving, it was not the sole reason. I became close with a few top-[DI] members and I was told that some of the TeamSpeak admins were toxic players. I will not name names, but I have made an effort to listen to these admins carefully and can honestly say I agree with [DI]. Two of them in-particular are known to yell and harass other players over small things, and have a generally bi-polar attitude on the battlefield. This decreases moral on the battlefield and makes people less inclined to try for ET. Shortly after [DI] left, the server blob guild [AKD] left as well. I have not talked to [AKD] about why they left, but I get the feeling it’s more or less the same reason [DI] left. I could be wrong, but it seems like having the pressure of being the ‘only guild that keeps the server alive in WvW’ is a position that not many people want to be in because the admins often take all of their anger out on said guild. Any [DI] member who came from ET can vouch on that.

Aside from abusive admins, there is also the issue of carelessness. ET has many players that, from what I have seen, observed, and been told, do not want nor care to get better at the game. I’m all for fun in WvW, it is just a game after all, but I know of at least three guilds that do WvW just for taking a few towers and calling it a night. These guilds, which I have run alongside, have been successful tower claimers.. but have been utterly slaughtered by groups that are half their size. ET has begun to realize this though and is offering many different types of training sessions in WvW, and I applaud them for that. Communication is also something I want to shout out to ET for, their ‘commander chat’ on TeamSpeak is a great way to communicate to other people in different maps.

Finally, the issue of being too small is ever present but is being remedied here on this forum post and I’m glad to see it. Over all, ET could shine brightly, but is bogged down by drama and toxic admins. I no longer play GW2 so these admins could have had a change of heart since I left, but due to the nature of their personalities as I’ve witnessed thus far, I doubt it highly. One thing I can say though is this; if you don’t mind those problems, ET will serve you as a really fun server to play on and you will make tons of friends because most of the community is extremely friendly.

While looking for a server to transfer to, I and my fellow guildies [Svrn] heard a lot about the drama that was under the hood and that there would be problems to follow. But we still made the choice to come to ET. Since the guild and I have transferred here, there has not been a single drama problem I’ve seen. To be completely honest, I think the drama that has been started in the past might have been caused by those who have left. So far all I’ve seen is a strong core player base that works together as much as possible. Yeah there is a troll or two, but that is to be expected in WvW by now. We are happy with our choice.

-Ace

Sovereign Union leader

in Looking for...

skyhawk.5149

Ace your sig is outdated ;P

in Looking for...

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

The only time I have seen real drama on ET (in the years I have been here) has been when the actively recruiting guilds start talking of transferring. I wonder why it makes people upset to hear that a hearty chunk of our active WvW players are being poached?

Anything else is imagined or exaggerated.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Spica.9308

Spica.9308

DI held ET together for the longest time both from enemies and from internal drama…

AKD proved they were more than just a blob. They beat both SF and GoM in tier 7
by almost 40k and 60k… They were among our biggest force in NA.

BS has always been our best and the few roaming guild, you can’t change the fact that the rest of the ET blobs gets kitten d at pvp half their size. They make the server less bad to the eyes of others. They take on any zerg like it was nothing.

BoM proved that when they left, The server can’t even stand against Ebay and Kain anymore. Although BoM as well tried their best to hold the server together after AKD.
They were the backbone of the server divided in both NA and OCX/SEA times. When Choosing to fight full force during off peak, 400-600+ PPT can be achieved.

ET has been our home for many months since our greatest fall from tier 1 but we also want the server to be reborn. If there are indeed toxic people in the admins in our Team Speak or if you believe the guilds who left were truly the toxic ones, hope these will all change the server for the better because even if we left, I still cannot lay a finger on an ET and so did all the other guilds who left avoiding to fight all the good people left behind.

(edited by Spica.9308)

in Looking for...

Berk.8561

DI held ET together for the longest time both from enemies and from internal drama…

For whatever it’s worth (I’ve hardly been in the center of it), I’ve seen very little drama on ET since DI, AKD, and BoM left. I don’t dispute that all of them worked hard for ET, I didn’t have personal problems with any of them, and know it takes two to have a dispute, but whatever drama there was between them and the other regulars that stayed with ET seems to have disappeared with them.

BS has always been our best and the few roaming guild, you can’t change the fact that the rest of the ET blobs gets kitten d at pvp half their size. They make the server less bad to the eyes of others. They take on any zerg like it was nothing.

I had no problem with BS and even ran alongside them a few times on enemy BLs, but I think that even they would be the first to admit that they played for small group fights, not PPT and they did their own thing, so from a community and PPT perspective, their transfer didn’t make the same sort of difference to our score or play as the others’ did.

BoM proved that when they left, The server can’t even stand against Ebay and Kain anymore. Although BoM as well tried their best to hold the server together after AKD.

When a server loses numbers, it does worse in points. That shouldn’t surprise anyone. Do you you really thin BoM or any of the other guilds mentioned could have carried the server if everyone else had abandoned them? Of course not.

They were the backbone of the server divided in both NA and OCX/SEA times. When Choosing to fight full force during off peak, 400-600+ PPT can be achieved.

And during prime time when we’ve had numbers, we’ve still gotten around 400 points even without all those “backbone” guilds. We’re still doing much better than we were when I started playing WvW and the top opponent would triple our score and we could barely get a tower in EBG, nevermind our keep. The first time I entered SMC in those early days for me, it was like winning the lottery. We did that quite a few times last week and even held it against some strong attacks.

So where you see all our talent having left us, I see a server that’s still doing pretty well and still doesn’t give up, even when it’s home BL or EBG is all the wrong color.

ET has been our home for many months since our greatest fall from tier 1 but we also want the server to be reborn. If there are indeed toxic people in the admins in our Team Speak or if you believe the guilds who left were truly the toxic ones, hope these will all change the server for the better because even if we left, I still cannot lay a finger on an ET and so did all the other guilds who left avoiding to fight all the good people left behind.

I started playing WvW when ET was on the bottom, dead last in the rankings. It’s been far worse than it is now. We’re still taking SMC and still turning back big attacks when we have enough people on.

Did losing DI, AKD, and BoM hurt our ability to earn & hold points? Of course it did. But did it suck all of the talent and skill out of ET? Of course it didn’t.

I find myself wondering if much of the toxicity that you talk about was caused by the idea that the rest of the server was somehow beneath it beholden to certain guilds for carrying the server. To be honest, I don’t think strongly guild-oriented groups helped sever cohesion and comradery all that much. It always annoyed me a little to be told to join TeamSpeak while the map channels were empty while everyone was in a guild’s channel, even when they were leading more than their guild. Haven’t seen much of that recently, either.

And, not that we should hide anything, but it’s generally pretty rude and in bad form to trash-talk in someone recruitment thread. It would be just as rude (and unfair) if people still on ET went into the recruitment threads of the guilds that left or the servers they fight and started trash-talking them for leaving.

(edited by Berk.8561)

in Looking for...

Berk.8561

However, there is indeed a reason why it is at the bottom now.

At least 90% of that is why every server that’s at the bottom of the rankings or a league is at the bottom — numbers and coverage. Today, when I got on, we had trouble holding any keep on our BL. When we got more people on, we were able to hold our keeps and get a Waypoint at Garrison and were even able to take a keep away from another attacker. Now that numbers are dwindling again, we lost our Hills — while we had the Outmanned buff on our home BL.

I know how much people like to brag about being able to wipe larger number of opponents, but I don’t see anyone winning their match-ups while they have the Outnumbered buff on their home BL or EBG.

Aside from abusive admins, there is also the issue of carelessness. ET has many players that, from what I have seen, observed, and been told, do not want nor care to get better at the game.

I am very much trying to avoid trash-talking any of the guilds that left because my personal experiences with them were not bad, but let me simply suggest that it may be possible that at least some of the bad blood between people on ET was due to a patronizing attitude toward other players that they “don’t care to get better” because they did’t play the way someone else expects them to play. Having contempt for other people is not a good way to win their goodwill and cooperation.

I’m all for fun in WvW, it is just a game after all, but I know of at least three guilds that do WvW just for taking a few towers and calling it a night. These guilds, which I have run alongside, have been successful tower claimers.. but have been utterly slaughtered by groups that are half their size.

To a large degree, I find all of the trash talking about wiping groups twice the size or being wiped by groups half the size in WvW amusing. Back when we had the match-up forum, the absurdity was illustrated by threads where each side arguing that the other side outnumbered them significantly and they’d be talking about the same battle. People look at the red name tags and don’t always realize how much of it is pets, minions, clones, and so on so each side can incorrectly estimate the size of their opposition significantly. And everyone gets wiped at some point unless they have the numbers and don’t go up against hard targets.

We managed to hold off zergs just fine today and I recently read a thread were someone from another server was trash-talking IoJ was talking about how easy DI was to wipe. Should I believe all the trash-talking I read and hear? Of course not.

So, you aren’t in the guilds that left, you don’t play GW2 anymore, and you think it’s great that ET is trying to recruit, but you come in here and trash our recruitment thread with accusations of a toxic environment to what end, exactly?

in Looking for...

Spica.9308

People here trash talk the moment the guild left further proving more like it was indeed the right choice and ET must change that kind of attitude if it so wishes to gain more friends than keep on losing them, since we all trust and respect our leaders and members enough cause they’ve been with us through thick and thin.

But good luck cause there are really a lot of people we care about over there. We will do our best to deal with those servers whose been bullying you for these 7 weeks. <3 ETs!!!

(edited by Spica.9308)

in Looking for...

Posted by: WarLord.8430

WarLord.8430

Hey all, Leader of DI/IoM here. Didn’t know this conversation was going on about us for those that dont know of us we transferred to ET last season. Together with some core ET guilds we started what was known as the Eredon Terrace Alliance, we helped to rally all the WvW/PvX Guilds on Eredon Terrace under one teamspeak. For many Months before seasons we stood strong their was excitement in the Server, we grew to love and know many of our allies on ET and tried to help in any way we could. DI/IoM we rallied for WvW 7 days a week 24/7 and fielded 30+ members every night.

For many months before seasons we stood strong together as one server, we began server meetings and started to communicate via “CC” (Commander Chat system) in teamspeak and started our push from the bottom. At this time ET was sitting in dead last tho numbers on ET were not dead together we pushed to rank 18/19 as a server. Things were really looking up for ET at this time and for IoM/DI. We enjoyed our new allies and embraced the server fully. Once we hit rank 18/19 we sadly hit a wall. Playing servers that just seemed to have more numbers/coverage and both servers saw the weakness in our numbers and started to push us at the same time. They hit us kitten reset night we pulled all our forces to ET and together we stood as one and fought over crazy numbers.

After this we decided to hold another server meeting witch we knew seasons was going to be starting in a few weeks and that we would start assigning BLs to the rest of the server/guilds. DI was assigned to push for ET, they put us out on the field and we would be ETs offensive force with other guilds also on the push and guilds assigned to Defense in homeland/EB.

The issue was in the end that people would call for help in said BL. Sometimes as we were always getting into something we would be in a keep/fight and their seemed to always be a que on homeland that DI/IoM could not get into our ET BL to assist. Considering we were the biggest fighting force at the time, people started to point fingers at DI/IoM we took the heat and kept fighting seasons got rough and over time the server gave up tho many did stand by us and the other commanders on ET our numbers were at their lowest since we transferred.

People started to lash out at DI harassing us in Map chat, coming into our channels and harassing my members/officers of my guild. Things got so ugly that People would come into our channel and cuss out my whole guild and started harassing our members. I am not here to make ET look bad. I know that a lot of you are some good people and we loved to stand with you on the field of battle. Sadly Bridges got burnt and we ended up transferring tho not as Many as you would think ended up fallow us. when we ended up leaving with 30+ mostly core members.

For those that want to question our skill on the field of battle I will directly link you to our Video section of our website and you tell us?(http://www.damageincorp.net/video1) We dont walk around acting like we are the best guild in the game but we strive to be and are very good at what we do regardless. We love the game we left because some people were making it not fun and we wished to be respected. We left to find somewhere we could find a challenge and more of a GvG scene since we are beginning to get into that.

If anyone on ET wants to game hit me up Guardianofthecore I am down for some pvp or some PvE if your luck.. but you have not lost friends just different servers it was a rough move take care ET and hope yall bounce back.

<3 ET

[IoM] Immortals of the Mists http://iom.enjin.com
80 Guard, Leader/Commander
Isle of Janthir

(edited by WarLord.8430)

in Looking for...

skyhawk.5149

Sigh it still seems like yesterday when i first welcomed you to ET gotc… ahahaha and then we went on that roll fighting hard until ugly drama over things caused everyone to leave. Whats left of ET is pretty much what it was like before IoM came. Still miss those days when i ran around with you guys on reset night even though i wasn’t part of the guild, nor had guild builds. XD
<3 from Kira/Yoshino Zadoki

in Looking for...

Berk.8561

People here trash talk the moment the guild left further proving more like it was indeed the right choice and ET must change that kind of attitude if it so wishes to gain more friends than keep on losing them, since we all trust and respect our leaders and members enough cause they’ve been with us through thick and thin.

Really? In DI’s recruitment threads? The only trashing I see here is coming from people who have left the server.

But good luck cause there are really a lot of people we care about over there. We will do our best to deal with those servers whose been bullying you for these 7 weeks. <3 ETs!!!

Yes, you care so much that you are spamming our recruitment thread with criticism portraying ET as a toxic place unwelcoming to others. Do you help drowning people by tossing them rocks, too?

in Looking for...

WarLord.8430

Kerzic, ET is not a bad place their are just a few bad apples as in ever server but Spica is correct if the server wish’s to keep friends and allies that come to your server, ET should try and fix the issues or just do nothing about them at all and I promise you that things will never change. I did not come here to throw fuel on the fire but I still have a lot of people who I call friends on ET so even tho we left Berk I am explaining and setting a few facts straight before you have the right to talk about my guild or why we left.

Isle of Janthir

in Looking for...

Spica.9308

Really? In DI’s recruitment threads? The only trashing I see here is coming from people who have left the server.

Yes, you care so much that you are spamming our recruitment thread with criticism portraying ET as a toxic place unwelcoming to others. Do you help drowning people by tossing them rocks, too?

Are you even active on the server’s team speak? Even if you were just listening, you’d understand better but its kinda too late now.

We were just heavily offended by some peoples comment here but I won’t go further into that. Other servers know how divided we were, so saying that here won’t affect your recruitment whatsoever except for giving a wake up call.

Anyway you seem to be having it the wrong way. But we’ll stop posting in this thread now. There was always “a chance” that all guilds who left could’ve came back during free transfers but sadly people in this thread like driving people out more than helping find solution to the source of the problem.

(edited by Spica.9308)

in Looking for...

Berk.8561

Kerzic, ET is not a bad place their are just a few bad apples as in ever server but Spica is correct if the server wish’s to keep friends and allies that come to your server, ET should try and fix the issues or just do nothing about them at all and I promise you that things will never change. I did not come here to throw fuel on the fire but I still have a lot of people who I call friends on ET so even tho we left Berk I am explaining and setting a few facts straight before you have the right to talk about my guild or why we left.

You both say that ET is not a bad place and there are only a few bad apples, yet you are effectively trashing the entire server here. You, of all people, should understand that since you were one of the first and firmest voices to complain whenever anyone started talking about ET’s dirty laundry in the match-up forums, saying that such matters should be resolved in private on ET’s message boards. While you no longer have access there, I saw scant discussion of the problems that are supposed to have made various guilds leave there before anyone left.

Maybe I just wasn’t on the right TeamSpeak channel, wasn’t on at the right time, or wasn’t looking at the right forum, but I only heard about most of these complaints after guilds left and only in the vaguest terms such as they are being discussed here, and based on what I’ve heard in TeamSpeak and seen on the ET forums, I’m not the only one on ET who is in the dark about why various guilds left. It’s impossible for me or anyone else to help fix a problem if we don’t really know what it is. Personally, I don’t mind hanging out the dirty laundry and discussing it but this is not the forum or thread to do such a discussion any justice.

To fix a problem, we’d need to talk about specific instances and people, but the Gulld Wars 2 forums is not the place for that because it’s against the terms of service and will get the thread closed. And a recruitment thread is absolutely not the right place for it.

I think DI did a lot of good things for ET and you guys generally showed up to defend when I called for help. Do I have some issues with DI and things I think you guys could improve? Sure, and some of that is on display in this thread. Should I go into your recruitment thread on this forum, while you are actively trying to recruit players, and post some threads with those criticisms, especially if my problem was only with a few players in your guild?

Given your reaction to hanging dirty laundry out for others to see in the public GW2 forums when you were on ET and cared about recruiting people to the server (I’ll happily provide quotes if you want), even when the criticism was fairly mild (and in my opinion, in at least one cases, accurate), I seriously doubt you’d like that very much and I’ve been tempted to do it, not because I have any particular grudge against DI but because you seem unable to grasp why this behavior is so rude when you aren’t on the receiving end. Try a little introspection, because however badly you feel wronged by people on ET, you are wronging the entire ET here, including people you claim to care about, and two wrongs don’t make a right, which is why I’m not in your recruitment thread illustrating my point.

in Looking for...

WarLord.8430

Berk, you and others on ET decided to start this conversation on your recruitment thread.. Honestly you can back up some pages I have always tried to help ET recruit, on the server or not. I drop in from time to time on the ET teamspeak witch I am a guest member. You and others personally brought out your dirty laundry personally right out in the open on your own. Even if I wouldn’t of read this and wouldn’t of said anything.

Please don’t get upset after you talk smack about guilds that left for reasons you 100% didn’t understand then get a reply. I even stated this was the wrong place for this but since the conversation had already started on your recruitment thread it was a little late and that’s on all of you ET members. I apologize to ET for this response but I honestly enjoyed myself on your server and the friends iv made along the way, I just wanted to fully explain since some knew some didn’t that is all.

P.S. I have NEVER tried to recruit anyone from ET since we’ve left I enjoyed making videos for ET and shared some footage from way back and also some current stuff, get your facts straight before calling me out homie.

Isle of Janthir

in Looking for...

Berk.8561

Are you even active on the server’s team speak? Even if you were just listening, you’d understand better but its kinda too late now.

Sometimes I play via map chat but I’m on TeamSpeak quite a bit, too, but it does have many channels. One of my complaints about some of the guilds that left is that instead of operating in map channels or team channels, they’d work out of guild channels making the right TeamSpeak channel hard to find for anyone who didn’t already know where to look.

I’ve heard very little open abuse in TeamSpeak. Some in map chat, but not in the past few weeks. I don’t think I’m alone. There are quite a few people on ET who seem to have no idea what the problem was with the guilds that left, so maybe it wasn’t as widespread or obvious as you seem to think it was (please note that I am not saying it didn’t happen). And there are people here who recently transferred who seem to be having a good experience on ET.

We were just heavily offended by some peoples comment here but I won’t go further into that. Other servers know how divided we were, so saying that here won’t affect your recruitment whatsoever except for giving a wake up call.

You keep telling yourself that. I’m not buying it. Since I still have only guesses as to which people on ET you are talking about, since I apparently wasn’t on the right TeamSpeak channels at the right time, this really isn’t serving any purpose but to derail a recruitment tread.

Anyway you seem to be having it the wrong way. But we’ll stop posting in this thread now. There was always “a chance” that all guilds who left could’ve came back during free transfers but sadly people in this thread like driving people out more than helping find solution to the source of the problem.

Do I?

(Edited to make this more constructive)

Maybe I’m just missing the problem player or players, but it doesn’t seem that hard to miss, since I play across pretty much all the maps and do join TeamSpeak quite a bit. If you want to PM me details about the TeamSpeak channels and times I should check out to see the problem in action, I’d like to see how bad it is.

(edited by Berk.8561)

in Looking for...

Berk.8561

Berk, you and others on ET decided to start this conversation on your recruitment thread.. Honestly you can back up some pages I have always tried to help ET recruit, on the server or not. I drop in from time to time on the ET teamspeak witch I am a guest member. You and others personally brought out your dirty laundry personally right out in the open on your own. Even if I wouldn’t of read this and wouldn’t of said anything.

It was a player who says they are no longer playing GW2 who started this. Why did I respond? For the same reason you did, which is why you should understand it. It’s not good to let such comments sit without a response and nobody likes to see someone talking smack about something they like.

I personally don’t mind talking about some of the dirty laundry in public (it doesn’t help anyone to join a server and then be surprised by what they find there and hate it), as long as it’s constructive but this is a horrible forum for doing it since the rules of conduct prohibit the details that would be required to make this discussion constructive in any way.

Please don’t get upset after you talk smack about guilds that left for reasons you 100% didn’t understand then get a reply. I even stated this was the wrong place for this but since the conversation had already started on your recruitment thread it was a little late and that’s on all of you ET members. I apologize to ET for this response but I honestly enjoyed myself on your server and the friends iv made along the way, I just wanted to fully explain since some knew some didn’t that is all.

Did I really talk that much smack? I was honestly trying to avoid it since, as I said, I didn’t personally have bad experiences with any of the guilds that left.

I think the worst thing I said about DI was that I saw someone else talking smack about wiping them, and the point I was attempting to make was that I didn’t believe it was an accurate reflection of DI’s abilities. Even _you_pointed out that DI didn’t take all that many people with them, so I hardly think it’s talking smack to say your departure didn’t gut the server.

While an explanation of why various guilds left might be useful in a different context, it’s been too vague to be of much use to anyone who doesn’t already know what’s going on and the forum rules prohibit it from being anything more (so, no, this is not an invitation to get more specific and get the thread closed).

The only other criticism I made was that I think guild focus clashed with server focus (I think your own explanation supports that point) and there was contempt by some of those who left for some of the regulars who stayed (and it was mutual), which I did hear in TeamSpeak. You may find both defensible, but they were a source of conflict.

P.S. I have NEVER tried to recruit anyone from ET since we’ve left I enjoyed making videos for ET and shared some footage from way back and also some current stuff, get your facts straight before calling me out homie.

I don’t think I ever said you did (feel free to reply with the quote if I’m wrong, and I’ll happily apologize for it, since can’t imagine why I would have said that). My point was that DI’s recruitment thread would not be the place for me to criticize DI, even if what happened to DI on ET got raised by a third party and DI was critical of ET to explain why they left. Doing so wouldn’t be constructive. It would be destructive. And I doubt you’d be happy about it, even if those involved could argue they were justified in doing so. So maybe you can understand why I’m not thrilled about it happening in our recruitment thread, even if, as I’ve said, that toothpaste is already out of the tube and isn’t going back in.

in Looking for...

Shademehr.1397

tl;dr (yes it’s first): You should never judge a server by a tiny minority of bad experiences. It would be a disservice to the server and to yourself. I like ET but more importantly I love the people of ET. I’ve always felt welcomed here and not only do my wife and I both play for this server, my kids have recently started playing as well. I 100% MOST CERTAINLY would not be introducing my children to a toxic environment, of any sort. Great community. Great home. Period.

…I no longer play GW2…

In my opinion, this right here really harms the validity of your post, especially so since you’re citing ET’s T1 history (which was over a year ago I think?) as evidence of our potential. We readers have no way to really know the age or accuracy of your information. It’s my recent experience that most of the things you’ve said are one side of the story, second-hand information, and/or old information. I think most of the readers on this forum will recognize that, but just in case, I’d like to address some of the things you’ve said:

There are not “toxic” admins on TeamSpeak and there haven’t been in some time. You’ve hinted at two, so I’ll have to make some educated guesses about who they may be: one moved servers and the other no longer plays the game as far as I know.

@allstarpro.4610 <3 what you and Sovereign Union are doing and I’m thrilled that you decided to call ET your home.

@NonToxic.9815 You’re spot on. The server, as a whole, is not creating drama or attacking any guild. HOWEVER, when we see a huge recruiting uptick by guilds, who then leave the server a few days later, I think we have a right to be upset. Sometimes people lash out after the information comes to light, but I can’t say their anger is entirely unjustified.

(con’t in next post)

in Looking for...

Shademehr.1397

@Spica.9308 IoM/DI had a large, coordinated, and skilled guild group that substantially added to our PPT. That is a 100% fact. However, they did not protect us from internal drama and a small minority of their members in conjunction with the equally small minority of “regular” ET’ers substantially added to server drama as they fed off each other. I’ve heard rumors that one of their biggest “drama queens” left their guild, however so kudos to them for that. IMPORTANT NOTE: Guardian did a fantastic job in fine tuning ET’s TeamSpeak and web site and he, and the majority of his guild, were pretty awesome people and many of us were sad to see them go. Lots of them were pretty classy folks.

AKD had a lot of great people too and I think the vast majority of ET respected them and appreciated their efforts. It was my understanding that it was becoming more and more difficult for them to find a challenge in our opposing servers and this was the reason they decided to move. I was even told so by several of their members. It’s been my experience that they were always very honest so I take their reasoning as an honest truth. After they left, there was some anger. Some because folks felt “abandoned”. Some from former AKD guild members that had been booted at the last second and/or left behind when the core of the guild transferred. That is internal guild stuff and it isn’t really any of my business, so it doesn’t color my memories of them in any negative way.

BoM provided insanely good coverage during times of the day when most of ET was checking out the inside of their eyelids. You only have to go as far as the PPT charts to see how much awesomeness they contributed to our server’s success, either with extra manpower during our “on” times or nearly all of our manpower during our “off” times. With that being said, there was a substantial amount of hostility going around between several BoM and several ET when they departed. It’s my belief that some of the hostility was justified, but it’s all really irrelevant at this point so it’s not worth getting into specifics.

BS is full of great people too and their small group tactics are pretty darned unparalleled from what I’ve seen. Personally, I’ve only ever had an issue with one of their members, who no longer plays GW2 afaik, but even that was a fairly respectful conversation as far as I remember. There are lots of former BS still on ET and several who have transferred back to ET. I’m glad many of them stayed and many of them returned. I think ET is a better place because of it.

@Warlord.8430 The mention of IoM/DI initially came from Kolbane, who seems like he doesn’t even play on ET any more, so I’m not sure why he even thought it relevant to post his thoughts. Berk rose to the occasion to defend ET, and I can’t fault him for that at all. (Thanks, Berk!). But more importantly, how are you, brother? I miss a bunch of you guys.

In closing, I’d just like to say that ET (and every server) is mostly the sum of its parts. There is not one guild or one person who is 100% responsible for a server’s success. It’s a team effort. Every single person who comes to this server makes a difference. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. My hope is that you have as much of a positive experience on Eredon Terrace that I have had and I will do anything in my power to make sure you do so. I am both a TeamSpeak and Web Site admin for ET so if anyone has any questions I’ll gladly and truthfully answer them. Feel free to PM me any time! ?
<3 ET. <3 ET’s people.

(Is this the longest post ever, or what? Holy Moly!) haha.

in Looking for...

skyhawk.5149

Still fighting hard, despite losing more and more numbers as our PvE ppl disappear, and other ppl burn out.