[FUNK] recruiting (Tarnished Coast)

in Looking for...

Posted by: itsshortstuff.7148

itsshortstuff.7148

copied and pasted from one of our guild leaders =D

“Hey everyone,

We’re a WvW focused guild that has recently found our new home here on TC, and we couldn’t be happier. When we decided to leave our old server, there was some disagreement on where to go. Over half of our group ended up on FA, and we ended up here. I’m convinced we made the right choice.

We’re a tight-knit group (kind of like a strange internet family, really) that has been running together for over a year. We’re semi-serious in that we’re always talking and laughing in mumble, but when the fight starts we clear comms of the chit-chat and get down to business. We like to win, but nobody is going to yell at you if you make a mistake. We’re here to have fun first and foremost.

What we’re looking for: New friends to play with, most of all. We currently have 27-ish members, but with “real-life” obligations and such we typically run anywhere from 6 to 15 people. We’re used to running a consistent 25-30, and our goal is to get to that number and fight larger groups. It’s what we’ve always enjoyed doing. We’re in need of more people in general, but we’re hurting for staff eles, a mesmer or two, a couple guardians, and a thief. We’re swimming in warriors (hodor!) given our group size, but more of any class is welcome at this point. We aren’t against providing build advice and training, but we prefer that you have some WvW experience and a mic.

When we play: We have people in WvW every night, and run structured raids 5-6 nights a week. Our official times are 7-10 PST (west coast NA), but we’ve been having so much fun with the TC community we’ve playing much later since our transfer.

Rep requirements: If you’re running with us we’d like you to rep our guild. Outside of that you’re free to do as you please, but we expect you to raid with us fairly often if you wish to retain membership (though non-members are welcome to hang out with us anytime). We have a few members that have been repping other TC guilds since before our transfer that run with us when their groups call it a night, and we’ve found that it’s worked well.

If you’re interested whisper Goose.9420, “De Lei”, or “Aurora Lucis” (not sure I’ve spelled that right, but type anything remotely pretentious and I’m sure you’ll get him :P) for more information.

Thanks!

[FUNK]"

Skarrah Steelshield | Jik Jik | Miss Hayate | Wyntress
[FUNK] – Over The Hills And Far Away
Tarnished Coast… TOAST <3

(edited by itsshortstuff.7148)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

A bump for funk. Cause… they’re funk!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Itukaaj.5628

Itukaaj.5628

FUNK is fun to run with I have followed them as I roamed. They are willing to fight. And they stick together. Glad to have them on TC!

Ayjay Reckless-necro
YOHO (A Pirates Life for Me)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dalloway.9853

Dalloway.9853

As Ayjay noted, FUNK are a superb addition to our late NA. Their scouts raided with STUN before their transfer and we have since coordinated and joined them on numerous occasions, we would all vouch for their proficiency and cheerful demeanor to a man. Tarnished Coast lucked out with this crew.

Tarnished Coast

in Looking for...

itsshortstuff.7148

le bump. we’ve picked up a few funky people and have been having a blast, even if we’re in tier 1 and facing some blobs, but there are good fights! as always, let us know if you have any questions. pm me here or in game =D

in Looking for...

itsshortstuff.7148

Hey fellow Toasts/transfers! Keep us in mind! We’re still recruiting! Tonight we ran about 20 guildies deep, the most since our transfer. We’re looking forward to adding to our little family so that we can bust some zergs up!

Good luck in finding your future homes!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Lucey.1452

Lucey.1452

How many Cylias, Pound Cakes and Xivts can I kill each week? ;D

SoS
Professional Bag Farmer and Under Bridge Resider

in Looking for...

itsshortstuff.7148

Lol. I heard they transferred to bg. But I don’t recognize the tag

Perhaps we’ve killed them while they were blobbing away ;p

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nazarak.9861

Nazarak.9861

im looking to transfer to TC im hardcore wvw player im on pretyy nuch 24/7 but I just spent most of my gold to fully finish my build so if you guys were interested in picking me up I may need some donations until I can pay u back

in Looking for...

itsshortstuff.7148

glad that you’re considering us! i just sent you a mail in game =D

in Looking for...

Posted by: Lucey.1452

Lucey.1452

They are on JQ actually, and they are in SF (I think it’s the biggest WvW guild on JQ). Also this Nazarak dude is also a scammer, he has posted on pretty much every WvW guild posting looking for money to “transfer”.

SoS
Professional Bag Farmer and Under Bridge Resider

in Looking for...

itsshortstuff.7148

ohh ok. we’ve wiped SF many times

oh. lol. thanks.

in Looking for...

Posted by: metagirl.6971

metagirl.6971

Hello, all! We at FUNK recently updated our website (getfunky.enjin.com) and invite those interested in finding a new guild to come check it out and get a feel for our group. If you’re looking for a serious WvW-oriented guild with a more mellow vibe and chill atmosphere, then come check us out. Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions, and contact us any time if you’re ready to Get Funky!

Cheers!

in Looking for...

Posted by: FunkySwerve.4180

FunkySwerve.4180

Bump! Join us, we have beer!*

Most often already consumed and in our blood.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Waratah.1940

Waratah.1940

Pretty awesome guild to run with, Shame being OCX i don’t get to run with them alot but definately a group i look for when i get the chance to run late NA.

Leo Solidor – OCX – Tarnished Coast
Enigmá [Eá]

in Looking for...

Posted by: NiftyNags.7946

NiftyNags.7946

I found Funk through the TC forums. I wanted to join a guild for WvW, but I didn’t want to be in a huge blob guild or a super serious tryhard guild (I’m a closet tryhardatard). These guys and gals are pretty funkin fun to run with. Very good combination of tryhardatardiness, trolling, fun chatting, and warm friendliness.

in Looking for...

Posted by: KaliKush.8514

KaliKush.8514

Sexy Bump for FUNK’a’Licious! Dope guild to run with, Cheers!

Know thy [SE]lf.. know thy enemy..
Sniperandrecon [SE] Ranger – TC

in Looking for...

itsshortstuff.7148

Hey guys, now that season is over and we can all get back to fun fights in wvw we’d like to run with more peeps!

Just msg the guild leaders or me and I’ll put you in touch with them. We look forward to makin new friends and hopefully guildies!