Few commanders looking for a new server

in Looking for...

Posted by: Slevin Koh.8729

Slevin Koh.8729

Hi guys, as stated above, we’re a bunch of friends that has recently came back to guild wars to after being inactive for quite some time. Highest inactive time being 12 months and the lowest being 3 months.

So here we are looking for a server and a guild (maybe) to take us in. Or maybe we will set up a new guild there. Things we’re looking for in a server ranked from most to least importance:

1) Community. (fun-loving, full of jokes and helpful people are ultimately what we seek. we hate players who swear and curse at the slightest mistakes others make. e.g. someone destroyed your ice wall on Toypocalyse by accident.)

2). Informative and Co-operative zerg in WvW, Zergs that listen and Co-operate as the commander or anyone requires. (It doesn’t matter if your server is the last in WvW or decreasing in rank tremendously, as long as your zerg listens to the commanders and do not slam them for anything that didn’t go as planned. )

3). Successful Pve Events, Able to kill world bosses and do champ runs. (Maybe its just me but i don’t like to guest to other servers, the more we guest, the less our own people can do it at your own server)

One thing to note is that we are from Singapore and we are GMT+8.

in Looking for...

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I seldom plug my server for these threads, but do seriously consider TC. Our community both WvW and PvE is solid – we are obviously among the biggest and most active servers on the PvE side being the unofficial RP server and all, and our WvW is nothing if not stable and consistent. Most importantly, we do have a few active SG guilds and more fellow Singaporeans to fight with is always a good thing

Check out our community forums at forthetoast.com and see if you like what you see

in Looking for...

Posted by: Slevin Koh.8729

Slevin Koh.8729

I seldom plug my server for these threads, but do seriously consider TC. Our community both WvW and PvE is solid – we are obviously among the biggest and most active servers on the PvE side being the unofficial RP server and all, and our WvW is nothing if not stable and consistent. Most importantly, we do have a few active SG guilds and more fellow Singaporeans to fight with is always a good thing

Check out our community forums at forthetoast.com and see if you like what you see

I really appreciate your reply !! just a question thou, will such an establish server need commanders like us?

in Looking for...

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I really appreciate your reply !! just a question thou, will such an establish server need commanders like us?

Not 100% sure what exactly your question means but here goes – we’re definitely not so big that we’ll turn new players away. I don’t think any server is at that stage to be honest, but especially not during our GMT+8 time zones. Good commanders will always be in demand, especially off-hours ones that can rally players.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

SoS has the need for commanders. We have large gaps of no commanders yet those of us on at that point still communicate and know how to cooperate. The PUG forces are pretty well trained and do listen. As to PVE stuff-I really don’t know since I don’t PVE very much. The community is great-ask some of our new guild groups-CNB, RX, EP, FW are a few to talk for a newcomers view. Try Le Rooster.8715 or or Chris.3290 for someone who is long established or American.2869 or Nyx Xox.3540 for a newer perspective.

in Looking for...

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

You may consider our server Yak’s Bend. The community is very polite and our server is growing and is in dire need of WvW’ers in order to compete with our rivals. Nobody will ever flame you for commanding.

In PvE, usually there is a constant champ train in Queensdale but not frequent in Frostgorge sound. Usually, we run world boss train (temple events, karka queen, dragons except teq etc) with massive zerg.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

(edited by NiloyBardhan.9170)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ruq.5396

Ruq.5396

I can personally say that [DIS] on Tarnished Coast is looking for more commanders and more players. We are a multi-game community (When I say community I mean it, not just a guild) and we are looking to reassert our presence on TC.

A little background: DIS is a classic TC guild who has been here since the climb from T6 to T1.5. We work with all the WvW guilds on the server and if you ask around people will tell you about our style. We are all about WvW, but we also have a strong group who run dungeons and Guild Missions.

We are currently in the process of rebranding and reorganizing our forces into focused, zerg-breaking groups of around 10 per group. Advanced tactics and multi-pronged attacks are our focus. If you wanted to come join us and help us get back into the swing of things, come on over!

I do know we have a large Oceanic base for your specific timezone. It would be worth getting together and speaking with some of our other commanders and leaders during the time period to see if TC is a possibility.

If you are interested, or have any questions feel free to contact me.

Commander Ruq
Guild Leader, Commander – Dissentient [DIS]
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ruq.5396)

in Looking for...

Posted by: neomagic.9056

neomagic.9056

You should consider coming to Crystal Desert.

First thing I noticed is that you play during Singapore times. That’s perfect because that is CD’s strongest time. We have a really weak NA, but during OCX time, that’s when the people come out.

CD is lacking in Commanders, so you won’t get flamed at all for commanding. In fact, you will be encouraged to command. Our PUGs are great fighters around OCX time, so you won’t have to worry about them holding down the weight. PUGs that listen is another thing… But that’s why you’d have to teach them. I’ve noticed that we don’t have many commanders teaching our PUGs what to do, so they get better at a slower rate. YOU could be the change in CD.

One thing great about CD (during OCX of course) is that there are always a lot of people in WvW, just no body to lead them. Once a commander tag pops up, you will be instantly hoarded by the PUGs. Because they need someone to lead.

You mentioned something about PvE? oh, you don’t have to worry about CD. We are a pve server. We have a high population and most of them are PvE-ing. Once the newest patch releases, you can bank on half the wvw population to get their achievements.

and the lastly, you mentioned that you are looking for a server with a great community. I’ll be honest with you, every server is going to have their dramas. I mean, it’s really hard to get everyone to get along. CD is no exception, but if you can overlook our community dramas, you’ll find CD is a great place to stay. We used to be a T2-3 server, but most of our WvW guilds have left us. So what you have left is only those with Server pride and we have a lot of it.

I hope I kinda helped with you search! Good luck on picking a server!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

My server SBI would love to have more leaders, we have militia online during all time zones but we lack off hour commanders that lead them. Our community has been bonding a lot more during the past few weeks despite of the difficult match ups, but we always seek to have fun and keep things positive.

I’m not going to lie, its not easy to command around these tiers because of the tough opponents you’ll be facing. We’re seeking commanders with patience, knowledge and with an optimistic attitude to keep the morale up.

Cheers and good luck on the server you choose to be

Commander Nachonix

in Looking for...

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

Just another plug for Yaks Bend. Great community where people work together to accomplish things in wvw. Guilds are allowed to pretty much do whatever they want but will respond to help defend or take an objective. We do pretty well with what we have for being in tier 3 a little off hour structure will do some very big things for our server. Best of luck finding a server.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Just wanna throw IoJ into the mix here.

- Our Ocx is currently bustling with activity the last few weeks. We already have a Medium Sized guild established and several small ones working together.
- Our SEA is on the rise, [TRBO] has recently reformed to create a WvW main guild along with their PvE guild. They’ve been doing great work with the current SEA commanders in this time zone. (Only 1-2 of them outside of TRBO atm). However even with this reformation this is our weakest timezone
- Our EU has gotten a HUGE boost the last 3 weeks thanks to [Aux].
- Our NA is currently the strongest (Of course). With several medium and large guilds working together.
- All sorts of guilds are here currently! From Havoc, Roaming, PPT, all the way to Fight Focused guilds!

Community Wise.
- IoJ Community is always kind and respectful.
- We do not tolerate trolls toward the commander or other players.
- Map chat is always filled with people having fun
- Ts3 has been growing recently as well, We’ve been making pushes to get more and more on here regularly.

Isleofjanthir.net is our website if you wish to find out more. Feel free to PM me or Whisper me in game if I’m on for more information

We are by no means a super strong server and would really lov

Isle Of Janthir

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sverdvs.3287

Sverdvs.3287

Far Shiverpeaks really needs commanders and guilds during those times, I’m sure you will have lots of fun here.

Pros:
- Mature and friendly community.
- No drama.
- I have never been in a Boss/Dragon/Temple fight that we didn’t manage to pull off.
- The people are listening! Especially if you command on Teamspeak.
- Our own teamspeak where everyone that wants to can get a room for their guild/party.
- Guild focused, we do not blob.
- On our way up.
- Lots of primetime guilds, we always lead with much PPT in the primetime.
- Almost NO queue!
- Good communication via borders.

Cons
Uh…. Some of us tend to stay a lot in EB? Not sure what to say here really.

Good luck with finding a new server.

// Far Shiverpeakian // Commander Wavin // AoA //

in Looking for...

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

SoS could use you guys, assuming you’re NA we currently need commanders as many of our NA guilds run tagless and we always have a strong and coordinated militia ready to be lead. (just ask our enemies about Luvpies pug zergs, they’re deadly as hell). If you guys want more information and possible guilds to join pm me or mail me =)

Just realized you’re SEA, we currently have a large militia SEA base and have the largest oceanic militia base in the game.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

(edited by Le Rooster.8715)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

Peng yu. Look no further. All your dreams will come true on SBI. Dun play play.

http://www.stormbluffisle.com

Come join our SG guild there for some talk cok sing song, sing forever long, confim you never wrong.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Singapore-Guild-in-SBI-for-casual-players/first#post3433527

There’s also [OLAF] SEA guild which needs good commanders or you could also join the server guild, Champions of Stormbluff [SBI] and help build a solid SEA arm.

Don’t join the other servers already strong in thier OCX/SEA or you will also join them to complain why there is no one to fight (you guys from those servers should really consider spreading your people so you HAVE ppl to fight against).

Join the SBI community. Best choice you would make in GW2. Confirm, guarantee plus chop.

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

in Looking for...

Posted by: EricL.5861

EricL.5861

Hi Slevin Koh,

My wife and I are guild leaders of A Kingdom Divided on Eredon Terrace. We are currently moving to Japan and will be living outside of Tokyo. We are looking to build a WvW zerg on that time frame. Currently we field 30-45 well trained AKD soldiers every night during peak NA hours. We plan on doing the same thing on OC time frame. We don’t do any PVE but we do have a sister guild that does. Check us out here www.akdet.enjin.com and also I put our recruiting info below. ET is on the rise. Prepare for Glory!!!

[AKD] is a WvW guild, but without the elitism that the word “hardcore” implies. [AKD] is all about building a community that supports one another and has fun in WvW. Our success, and Eredon Terrace’s survival in WvW, is all about YOU. It’s all about you coming together and working with us, either by joining us or by collaborating with us. Come practice with us on Wednesdays at 5:30 server time; join us Friday nights for reset. Talk to us in TS or in-game about how we can have success on the battlefield, as well as how we can make Eredon Terrace WvW something that people are excited to join, rather than something to be avoided.

A Kingdom Divided [AKD] is recruiting WvW-focused players above the age of 18. AKD is a community and strategy-oriented guild with strong leadership, experienced commanders, and battle camaraderie, with over 110 dedicated members fielding 40-50 nightly. On the field, we focus on taking objectives, creating defensive fortifications, and steamrolling any zerg brave enough to face us down. But what really sets AKD apart is that off the field, we’re constantly training new players and new commanders, working to coordinate the activities of other allied guilds, and striving to create a community that helps everyone have fun and enjoy the game. Our members have been on the server from the start, and are dedicated to seeing Eredon Terrace rise. If this sounds like your idea of fun, you are invited to contact EricL.5861, ShellyL.8163 or Indefensible.1652 in-game or apply on our website, www.akdet.enjin.com.

Hagance, 80 Guardian, Commander/ Guild Leader
Server: DragonBrand
Guild: AKD

in Looking for...

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Stormbluff Isle is working hard (and having success) at improving in all time zones. We have a great community, very dedicated people defending SBI BL, map hopping forces, and an extremely dominant force in EB. We especially want mature, positive, level headed, hard working players who will mesh well with our community and fight on whichever map they are needed on.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

Well Sir, you obviously are a hot commodity

GOM I think would fit you.

I bumped my GOM topic for you, give it a read. I think we are what your looking for to be honest.

And right now our only real commanders at that time are guys who are literally staying up for 24 hours. We could greatly use someone to herd the cats at that time of night.

We have a community TeamSpeak, All the major guilds use it, we are not a fragmented uber guild ruled place, we are a true community.

Feel free to PM me or jump on our TS with any questions. We are a high density PVE server, Dragons die, Champs die, You can get fractals and dungeons via LFG website in minutes etc etc. There is ALWAYS a champ run going.

GOM Thread here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/GOM-is-a-fun-place-to-WvW/first#post3406127

-Mummies R Us

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

(edited by Easterbunny.6170)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Let me throw in for SoS again.
Having SEA timezone commanders has been on our “wishlist” for a while now as we have a good-sized WvW population at these times but few commanders. We have only one commander who tags up (we have guilds that run tagless during SEA) and he would love to have someone else who’s willing to split our groups up so we can maximize our efforts as opposed to having one giant karma train.

So if you are looking to where you can make the most impact, I’d say you’d find the best success on SoS.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Serkit.7836

Serkit.7836

GoM definitely fits all three of those points.

in Looking for...

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

Another plug for GoM, but it truly is a great community. There are weekly events with a very strong community. There is a large PvE community and a WvW community that is growing stronger each day. In the teamspeak there’s always a good time going on, but that doesn’t mean that we stray from our best while doing so. I definitely suggest whispering in-game or hopping on the community TS if it suits your interests.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

I agree. Being an experienced GoM commander, I know personally that we have fun , casual fights and would love to have more commanders. If you want to learn more about our server, feel free to check out our server website at www.thegateofmadness.com
Also you can PM or mail me anytime.
Good luck in the game man

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Posted by: Loren Michael.7891

Loren Michael.7891

Sent you a message earlier today! Hope to talk to you more about SBI!

Happy new year, and best of luck with your decision!

Marcus Dairy / Loren Michael
Guild Leader of [KT] Knights Templar
www.knights-templar.com/www.stormbluffisle.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

All NA servers want you lol..anyway, if you ever consider EU, Far Shiverpeaks could use some Oceanic addition. It’s a great place !

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

in Looking for...

Posted by: Blood Bone.2540

Blood Bone.2540

I am in CD, but I know a guild that went to Far Shiverpeaks. They are having a great time there and tell me the community is great. They feel at home and if you want I could give you contacts with them. They are a small guild but very friendly and do a lot of fun events.

in Looking for...

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I am in CD, but I know a guild that went to Far Shiverpeaks. They are having a great time there and tell me the community is great. They feel at home and if you want I could give you contacts with them. They are a small guild but very friendly and do a lot of fun events.

I also left CD. The wvw community there right now is split. Ferguson’s Crossing has proven to have a great community, great response times, and pugs who are competent. When you tell them not to PVD, or not to build something they listen and it is amazing. The majority of players use the server TS and follow very well. All of the wvw guilds work together via TS, and they will stop to help defend when necessary. After a year of playing this is my fourth server, and a very pleasant surprise. We have good NA prime time coverage, but could use an aggressive force at that time as well as coverage for SEA/EU prime time.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ben K.7329

Ben K.7329

SEA ping to EU servers is going to be pretty bad (500-600ms+); would be careful about that one.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mauser.3970

Mauser.3970

We have Crafter’s that can assist making better gear and equipment for Guild Member’s.
This is an important Service we do to support each other to better assist each other in Our quest at becoming Stronger.

I have seen Guild’s come and go, but we remain dedicated to the Guild and each other. Should a Guild Member have freinds elsewhere feel free to have them join you with us here. We are more than happy to have dedicated Raider’s for any occasion be it PvP/WvW for example. If you bring them, they are yours to Lead.

We have a Ventrilo Server for Guild use. TZ is not an issue, and actually would be nice to have Guild Member’s from another TZ or Region.

Guild Master,
Hammer
robert_loyd@yahoo.com

Thank You,
Mauser.3970

in Looking for...

Posted by: American.2869

American.2869

Let me throw in for SoS again.
Having SEA timezone commanders has been on our “wishlist” for a while now as we have a good-sized WvW population at these times but few commanders. We have only one commander who tags up (we have guilds that run tagless during SEA) and he would love to have someone else who’s willing to split our groups up so we can maximize our efforts as opposed to having one giant karma train.

So if you are looking to where you can make the most impact, I’d say you’d find the best success on SoS.

I think Chris said it best.

I’ll throw SoS into the mix yet again.

From a personal point; if you guys are looking to join a guild and not create a new guild; [FW] Forgotten Warlords is accepting of players in any time zone. We’re a WvW focused guild. We are mostly EU/NA, but would love to expand into SEA. (Whisper me with any questions if this interests you)

However, SoS as a server is a great place. The community is very welcoming of growth.

~ [RET] Retribution ~
Necro: Skyinho

in Looking for...

Posted by: Artimes.9651

Artimes.9651

if you guys are still looking and a eu server is cool to.
ruins of surmia is looking for some more commanders in youre time slot.
its our weakest time spot due to no commanders and since were moving up to silver leagues we need to get this fixed great community lots of decent guilds.
still building the server up got a 450 slot teamspeak for the community at the moment we are hardpressed due to some coverage problems wich in the morning (youre time slot) wich makes us lose our upgraded stuff so if youre interested you can send me a message or whisp me in game on 1 of my chars in my tag below

[DEX] Artimes the Red (Guardian) Artimes the Black (Warrior) Artimes the Green (Ranger)
Defender of Ruins of Surmia

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I recommend that you look into TC, FA, SoS, SBI, CD or DB. All the other servers either have more than enough commanders (the T1 servers) or don’t have enough people online at your time to even follow you (all the other servers).

Also, EU servers have heaps of people playing in wvw at your time so you can look into there as well. I’ve heard that Desolation and Piken Square have some players from gmt +8

in Looking for...

Posted by: Skosh.1483

Skosh.1483

just want to throw in there dont go to a tier 1 or 2 servers – Ques are wayyyyy to long i would hit tier 3 and lower imo.

Warrior/Ele/Necro – DR

in Looking for...

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

Although it is not my play period I have been told we fiels around 40 Gommies at that time of day, we just have nobody leading. In bronze 40 is competitive.

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

in Looking for...

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

I also left CD. The wvw community there right now is split. Ferguson’s Crossing has proven to have a great community, great response times, and pugs who are competent. When you tell them not to PVD, or not to build something they listen and it is amazing. The majority of players use the server TS and follow very well. All of the wvw guilds work together via TS, and they will stop to help defend when necessary. After a year of playing this is my fourth server, and a very pleasant surprise. We have good NA prime time coverage, but could use an aggressive force at that time as well as coverage for SEA/EU prime time.

^This. You can get not only what you said you wanted, but you can also really make a difference especially in your time zone.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shunt.6254

Shunt.6254

Come to Maguuma.. We’ve got no oceanic/sea commanders but 1. He isn’t on all the time. We’ve got decent pug zerg there and you’ll get some great fights. Currently T2 but jump down to T3 as well. pm me for more deets xD

Maguuma
– Arc [VR]
– GvG us!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Blood Bone.2540

Blood Bone.2540

Your being nice by saying it is split, it is getting far worse, but we make it workout the best we can. I personally have fun, but I prefer small group tactics over zergs. If your looking for a strong WvW community that is set in stone already though CD is not at this time.

in Looking for...

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

Your being nice by saying it is split, it is getting far worse, but we make it workout the best we can. I personally have fun, but I prefer small group tactics over zergs. If your looking for a strong WvW community that is set in stone already though CD is not at this time.

It’s more of blood bone aka bain of blood vs the server. Even on different teamspeak, the wvw guilds that field 10+ are in contact with each other on whisper. At least to try to follow up with upgrades and help take some positions.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in Looking for...

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Noticed a few fellow Far Shiverpeaks EU buddies chucking you some info ^^in this thread, but I must stress to you that you fit the description perfectly for our server we have plenty of ppl online in your time zone but lack the commanders to lead at that that particular time so you could fit right in the 2nd you got here. Just out of curiosity have you guys scouted about at all? If not, try it out and see for yourselves. As for Far Shiverpeaks we have a both strong PvE and WvW community and very welcoming and friendly.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]