Fort Aspenwood/SF WvW New Players

in Looking for...

Posted by: HiTandMayhem.1378

HiTandMayhem.1378

If you’re new or newly returning, there’s a lot of stuff available to you.

Team play is the fastest way to get progress in Reward Track, WvW leveling and Pips for those shiny things.

Best way to do team play? Glad you asked.

We have both a server TeamSpeak and Discord, free for you to use. You can just ask for the address in mapchat and someone will help you. Both have autoverification.

Teamspeak has both guild channels for guild rallies -and- map channels that can be used by any FA/SF members so you can spend less time in chat coms trying to work together and more time killing/taking objectives. ( If main channel is already occupied, pick the ‘roaming’ sub channel)

Fort Aspenwood has two public spreadsheets to help you decide what to do to optimize your build, both of which can either be found on the discord or fort-aspenwood.com.

UNIV has a site that is mostly dedicated to assisting new or newly returning players.

We offer tips on:

What to do if you’re just starting

What the heck is even going on in WvW

Best ways to not be ‘that guy’

Very -very- basic scouting tips

and a page on survivable builds

FA also offers a variety of different guilds with styles of play and guild culture. Personally, I am more familiar with Fort Aspenwood’s NA but if you’re on FA or SF and looking for a guild or just hoping to familiarize yourself a little more in WvW, send me a message in game or whisper me if you see me online.

~See you on the Borderlands!

[UNIV] – Guild Leader, [DSM]- founding member
[TLC] – MicroCenturion
Fort Aspenwood Community Member

in Looking for...

Posted by: Bradius.6025

Bradius.6025

Great thread, lots of useful information here. TeamSpeak is essential if you want to be successful in WvW!

in Looking for...

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

Excellent information here for people just starting out and / or needing a refresher course after a hiatus and what not.

FA/SF has a great community that is very diverse in different styles of gameplay.

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dream.4980

Dream.4980

hi, i’m legit totally new at this game and was wondering if its possible for me to join your guild to help me to get more familiar with the game and the world

in Looking for...

HiTandMayhem.1378

hi, i’m legit totally new at this game and was wondering if its possible for me to join your guild to help me to get more familiar with the game and the world

Absolutely. I’ve added you to contacts, you should see me in your ‘followers’ tab in the ‘Contacts and LFG’ window. Message me in game the times you normally play and we can try to set something up.

Also, welcome to GuildWars 2!

[TLC] – MicroCenturion

in Looking for...

HiTandMayhem.1378

Also, even though UNIV is a PST/EST [PDT/EDT] guild, many guildies run during other time zones as well and we have good connections with other veteran players in OCX/SEA and EU times. If you can’t run with us, we can find someone who can help you.

[TLC] – MicroCenturion

(edited by HiTandMayhem.1378)