GOM is a fun place to WvW

in Looking for...

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

Hi prospective transfers, My name ingame is Mummies R Us, Im a fairly well known player in the WvW circles on GOM. Which is pretty amazing considering I only started seriously WvWing 4 months ago. I had thought I had started earlier than that but forum PMs here tell me otherwise.

Here is what I found when I started WvWing on GOM:

The first thing I did when entering a map was ask if there was a TeamSpeak, and I was immediately given the info for our Server TS which is funded by the community. It turned out all the serious WvW guilds had a channel as well as many of the PVE guilds, and I was welcomed once it had been confirmed that I was actually a player on the server.

As a solo player with no guild I have run with Ash, our largest WvW guild, ART and BEMO, probably our largest EB running guilds, and RH, possibly our most effective small guild. ALL of them welcomed me to play with them without hesitation. I had no feeling like “This guy Is Noob, we must test him” or “This guy plays a weird build, we must purge him from the server post haste”. Which considering I started with full on PVE damage builds and spent most of my time on my Kitten…

When I asked for help on how not to be dead, I was freely given that as well

If I wanted to help, I was given the chance to help. If I wanted to just follow the tag and kill people, I could do that too. We are a bit slow in accepting new “Doritos” (At least I personally am) But once someone shows themselves to be effective and FUN that person will find themselves joined by plenty of willing participants during primetime.

And that’s the thing I want you prospective guilds and players to understand, I, a solo player, a pug on GOM, I love it here. Enough to be online 6 days a week at least 4 hours a day even when we are getting beaten right into the ground. Enough to spend a lot of that time scouting and sieging if need be.

Because its FUN. OnTeamSpeak, or even when Im not, because most of our good Commanders give commands in Say, we are managing to have a good time with each other.

This place, its special. You can have the chance to be part of a real community, and all it takes is a willingness to join in and follow directions a bit.

We aren’t looking for mercenaries. We want more friends to kick kitten with.

If you would like to talk more about joining GOM please look us up here:

http://thegateofmadness.com/forums/

or come into teamspeak and talk to Ninyl, Styx, or one of our other Gommies. I would talk to Nin though, I have it on good authority he gets lonely if nobody is thinking about him.

You can also pm me with any questions and I will endeavor to get you accurate data.

-Mummies R Us Giant Noob Necro

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

(edited by Easterbunny.6170)

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

If your guild is looking for a place where they can be part of a great community and could tip the balance in tiers, look to GOM.

-Bump

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

WHO guild transferred over and They seem to be having fun and we certainly welcome them. Why not talk to some people from a recently transferred guild and see what would be in store for you…

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

in Looking for...

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

As the leader of WHO, I can attest that there is absolutely nothing but joy in the decision to transfer to GoM. We were welcomed into the community very easily and have been able to grow as players and as a guild since we arrived. If you’d like to talk more about the process or have any other questions, feel free to contact me in-game via whisper or mail.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

MxG is a guild started in the GoM server, and we have always enjoyed WvW. I love commanding you guys in EB. Keep up the good work!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

I have seen Guild’s come and go, but we remain dedicated to the Guild and each other. Should a Guild Member have freinds elsewhere feel free to have them join you with us here. We are more than happy to have dedicated Raider’s for any occasion be it PvP/WvW for example. If you bring them, they are yours to Lead.

As I have contributed to a Clan Pay for TS server on GoM, but I was not contacted ever. I will not use it, though we have our own Vent server for our use.

vox and ASH has shown they are open and I have respect for them. I miss PF, Primal Fury. I cannot field a handful, but have ran on GoM to flip and treb where I can to assist. With that said, I do not mind because I have been dedicated to Defending the GoM Homeland alone at times. I do have my own Commander’s Compendium completed. Request me to assist and I will come, demand and I will merely walk away.

Guild Master,
MIL (tag) / Guild Militia,

Hammer
robert_loyd@yahoo.com

Hey man , you and the [MIL] guild have done a great job in WvW. I’ve seen some keeps claimed by your guild, and there’s always siege and upgrades. GoM appreciates your hard work.
I am also a WvW commander, specializing in EB. I also use the GoM Teamspeak during my command. If you guys need a commander, feel free to PM me.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Posted by: FreeRide.2547

FreeRide.2547

Hey Mummies, good fights lately. I think GOM is on the up and up.

FreeRide GOM

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

Oh most definitely.

GOM:

Taking an upgraded tower: 24sp 10 mithril 10 elder wood

Making the other side push outnumbered just to stop us from taking a tower: Priceless

Wiping half a 60 man with 15 guys: Priceless-Er :p

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

(edited by Easterbunny.6170)

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

Great job Mummies! I look forward to more “Tactical Fights”!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

We are still recruiting! Come join in on the Madness!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

Gate of Madness is gonna rock the reset tonight!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

We shall be both strategic and tactical. Where did we put the Quaggan potions again? O.o

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

We shall be both strategic and tactical. Where did we put the Quaggan potions again? O.o

Hehe. Tactical. XD

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness