Gunnar's Hold - the current state of things.

in Looking for...

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

The initial and primary aim of this thread is not to advertise Gunnar’s Hold as the place to transfer to. It is not a cry ‘we need more people’ or the like, nor is it an attempt to paint an idealised picture of this server.
You may be interested in joining a new server – or you may know someone who is; you may have been considering Gunnar’s Hold as your new home. I understand that the factor which might allow you to make an educated decision is abundance of information about the parts crucial for any server. This thread will answer some of your early questions; if you’d like to ask about anything not covered, feel most welcome to pm me over the forum or catch me in-game.
Those not looking at GH as their potential new haven still might find the following bits of information interesting or even useful.

Queues
I’ve been taking in-game screenshots of queues for over a week now.
You can see our recent queues for yourself here: http://imgur.com/a/YeA2F
Screens were taken at various hours, pretty much across the whole day. My current local time is always present on the minimap and is set to GMT+2 (Central European Time on daylight savings). You can also see our score evolution and relative tick at different hours.

The gist of our queue status is as follows:

• our primetime starts around 7pm GMT (currently 8pm UK and 9pm Central EU time due to daylight savings);
  • queues during primetime outside of the reset are about 0~30 people, which roughly translates to 5~15 minutes of waiting tops, often no waiting time whatsoever;
  • queues on the reset night reached 40 to GH map and 100 to EB, but both enemy borderlands were ready to join with no queues about 90 minutes into the reset night;
  • there are occassional queues to EB during offpeak, related to open mic events held on our TS.

General WvW organisation
Gunnar’s Hold has players from across the whole globe, but we do not have any American, Asian, or Oceanic guilds. Our offpeak consists of dedicated individual players and commanders. Due to our high-silver position on the ladder, this means that GH struggles during mornings and afternoons against servers which do have any non-EU population, aka most of them. It also means that every single EU-offpeak player would not only be able to make a difference, but also wouldn’t be fighting just NPCs. There is little room for PvD against our common opponents.
We are making use of several cross-guild projects i like to call ‘system guilds’, which act as extended friendlists helping to manage our assets. We have one such system guild organising afternoon raids and open mic WvW events, for example.

Our primetime consists of guild groups with little to no zerging outside of EB. GH guilds understand and respect both the idea of separate guild raids and the need to join forces when it really arises.

The current cost to transfer onto GH is 1400 gems. We are against sponsoring any guilds or individuals to faciliate their transfer costs and never made any community-wide exceptions.

The commonly shared view is that we play for fun rather than points, which translates into low-to-medium interest in PPT across the board. It does not mean that we will neglect a besieged keep; it does mean, however, that we will not pull off all-nighters just to catch up in virtual points. We feel comfortable in high-silver and do not intend to push it into the gold league or its future equivalent.

General server organisation
We are making extensive use of our community-built server site – http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/
Gunnar’s Hold is also housing its own TS3 server open to each and every server resident. Besides guild channels, we also make use of map-specific ones. The activity on community TS3 server peaks at about 300 unique users each night (+/-20, sometimes even more). There still are some guilds and packs of friends using their own VoIP servers, however most have migrated onto the community one by now.

The only commonly shared expectation from any new members of the server is to be polite and cooperative, understanding that there already is an existing structure and modus operandi in place. We are always happy to reevaluate our approaches, but trying to introduce a new order from the get go, with no respect to the current server residents, will not work; GH is not a barren, empty land awaiting for anyone to civilise it.
As such, it is only in the best tone to show good manners and say hi on the site. Everyone will be welcomed, and given a chance and a place among the community regulars.
You will find little to no drama on GH. As they say – the only drama you will be affected by is the one you brought with yourself.

(edited by drkn.3429)

in Looking for...

drkn.3429

PvE
GH has a strongly developed PvE side as well.
We are organising weekly Tequatl and Wurm runs. There are daily world boss farms at different hours, most prominent of which takes place right after the daily reset.
Irregular, open to everyone events are also seen around often, spanning thematically from long marches across PvE maps, to organising ourselves around the current Living Story update, to social get-togethers.

In conclusion – if you feel like joining GH, leave your past assumptions and problems behind and feel welcome to enter our community with a clean slate. Join our site to say hi to everyone. Don’t hesitate to contact me in case you had any more questions.
Gunnar’s Hold is a place many call home, and there is still plenty of room – for the moment.

I will do my best to keep the queue screenshots possibly up-to-date, but i do not expect them to change much.

in Looking for...

drkn.3429

Gunnar’s Hold is a server with a considerably turbulent history.

It started with a pre-release hand-picked PvX community of around 25 guilds, which decided they want to roll together on the same server come release. Besides that group, there were also guilds on GH that simply picked it without getting in touch with others from the get-go.
With a numerous and strong community, we quickly went to tier 2 and were really competitive on the top level of the early WvW. Those days did not last long, tho, as a number of guilds left the server, transfering to places with better morning coverage – the Achilles’ heel of GH.
Since then, we had been on a freefall from t2 to t8, almost falling into the t9 hell; had that happened, we would probably have never climbed back up.

It has taken a lot of work, coordination, discussion, and just your regular sweat and red eye to get Gunnar’s Hold to the place it is in now. The good thing about our history is that it made the stalwart GH regulars more bound together.
Even with a strong community based on die-hard GH homies, we are always welcoming friendly newcomers – be it guilds or individuals – so don’t be shy and say hi

in Looking for...

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

banners thread for great justice

Always looking for more offpeak, especially nightshift. Primetime has room again aswell!

Attachments:

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Looking for...

Posted by: Don Zardeone.8730

Don Zardeone.8730

About the turbulent history. On GH we had lots of WvW guilds but there was a power struggle that encompassed all aspects of GW2. It was mostly in WvW at first with there being attempts to create alliances and guilds suddenly wanting to tell other guilds what to do.

The self-proclaimed leaders would give orders to other guilds and obviously these other guilds didn’t like it that much. The orders were bad anyway because it didn’t play to the strengths of those specific guilds. For example, a guild with over 500 members would be told to do things a small guild could do.

This led to massive server-internal issues such as entire groups refusing to res other entire groups and eventually a decline in WvW rank for the server. Many guilds left.

The self-proclaimed leaders then decided to take over PvE. In PvE there were still some guilds left and some of those planned their own events and provided services for the entire server. The self-proclaimed leaders decided they owned the server and its guilds. They even went as far as to claim they owned these guilds, their sites and their services.

To make matters worse, they started planning their events on top of the timeslots of the events of the other guilds, causing chaos and making it hard for those guilds to play the game the way they want to. They even copied the work of these smaller guilds and claimed it as their own.

Essentially, the self-proclaimed leaders did in PvE what they did in WvW and many guilds left PvE as well.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Lazy Mesmer.7923

Lazy Mesmer.7923

I don’t remember any of that Don. Though I’ve only been on Gunnar’s since the betas, so I might have joined after it all blew over.

Klaev
[PRXM] Praxium

(edited by Lazy Mesmer.7923)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Zgorzel.4902

Zgorzel.4902

I’ve also been on GH since the beta and never heard about this.
Alliance? We had one that I remeber, but I think they left server all together, no big scary argument here.
Forcing a poor 500 members guild to do something?
1) We never had anyone on server powerful enough to do such thing. Two options here: either there was a guild even bigger then this 500 members one that was ordering people around (and I somehow missed this guild – maybe they all played thieves) or this big, incredible, pro guild was ordered by a few people – an then they should have simply added those people to ignore :P Either way it makes no sense to me.
2) I have no idea what is this thing that should be done by a small guild and not by a big one. Imo, big guild should do all those things that small guilds do and more – I mean they have more people, more recources so they should do more.

Not rezing other guilds? I’ve mostly done only wvw since beta, never seen problems like that. Of course there were situation were player A didn’t rezz player B right away – mostly because he/she was still fighting.

Tbh, when I read this post I get this image of empty GH with only few people running around ordering each other :P Not really what I’ve seen for all the time I’ve been here.

My favourite quote:
“The self-proclaimed leaders decided they owned the server and its guilds. "

Paranoid much?

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

in Looking for...

Posted by: Terra.9631

Terra.9631

I joined Gunnar’s just after it went down to t8 and i don’t regret my decision at all. Been there ever since, watched the server work hard to get where it is now. Not by superior numbers, not by superior coverage (god knows we lack there xD) But by a diehard and friendly wvw comunity. We had a lot of great ppl and guilds join our server and help shape it in to what it is today. GH might still be a lot smaller population wise compared to the other servers in our league but imo it has a big heart. I don’t know what happened b4 i joined and i dont know what the future holds for Gunnar’s but i will be proud to continue calling it home.

That said Gunnar’s isn’t a PPT server, 80% of us plays for fights and for fun, unles you are on our border, all bets are off in that case :P

Q’s are small or none, apart from EB in prime time where you will have to wait 5-10 min. Even on first day of the leagues it took me 10 or less min to get bact to the action after a dc.

Guild focused prime time, dont expect to see a comander blob runing around in borders during prime time, most of our militia are on our border sieging/upgrading defending or runing with a comander on EB so if you are a lone player that doesent like roaming/ defending home border you won’t have much fun outside of EB imo.

I dare to say we have a realy good militia as it is mostly made up of wvw players that are curently not raiding.

We have a hard time in late night and morning hours due to having low numbers at those times, ppl are at work/ school or at sleep naturaly, and Gunnar’s never was much about pulling all nighters to try and catch up, as stated most of the ppl here play for fun and for fights, one of the reasons the server didnt try to get more ppl in b4 the seasons as we didnt want to go Gold and fight blobs and face far superior coverage all the time, then came Gandwagon(im sry Gandara i love the fights with you guys but i had to use it xD) wich was a product of a bad decision from Anet but i stil belive we are at a better place for doing so.

These were my honest thoughts about Gunnar’s, so if you are a player or a Guild that liked what you read and are in search for a new home, consider Gunnar’s, or just say hi on our forum and have a chat with us

Gunnar’s Hold- Nathaniel Enestris-Guardian [Re]

in Looking for...

Steelo.4597

As season ends soon and the ridiculous amount of Gems needed to transfer to our small and cozy server will be lowered, this might be a good time to consider a future on GH. We are very friendly with guild groups and are looking to attract more hardcore wvw guilds and players to at least keep our position in the ladder because we like it a lot in mid silver (we have climbed up from T8).

We still have a comparably strong primetime (small queue on EB and home borderland) and still lack players at very late night to midday. We have a very consistent turnout even if we are losing because we have a lot of wvw-focused guilds who run every evening no matter how hard the matchup. Also we are famous for a lot of roamers and smallscale fighters and usually get 33-36% of our score from other stuff then structures.

At the moment we could easily provide no queues for another 80ish-120 players in primetime. We will see some people returning to GH after season ends because the lower amount of gems needed to transfer and are hoping to also see a few new faces or even guild groups.

Cheerio!

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Bump for Gunnar’s hold! Great server to fight, hope more guilds join you guys!

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Looking for...

drkn.3429

Final week of the season.

in Looking for...

Steelo.4597

Transfer Costs went down from 2.4k to 1000 gems. Cheap as hell considering what you get ;D Welcome all the new and old players, [PunK], [Dcy], [LaG], [WAR], [CS], [XI] and more.. and all the randoms (like me!) i dont know yet! Lets continue the good times on Gunnar’s Hold.

Why don’t you check us out on http://www.gunnars-hold.eu

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Looking for...

Steelo.4597

We lost a few people (like all servers i guess) and have seen some people returning and new folk coming over aswell. Status atm: Room for more all around the clock (no queues), still have low coverage late night / early morning and a comparably powerfull primetime. Mid Tier silver is where its at, trying not to sink below AG / FSP / Piken too much as we have/had some superb matchups with those guys (all servers being guild/fights-orientated hardcore WvWers and dont do 24/7 karmatrain borderhopping – thanks again guys) and would like to continue the fun, so join us for more WvW at its best!

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Looking for...

Posted by: fireseed.4675

fireseed.4675

Will try to keep this bump primarily informative rather than a direct appeal to recruitment. The purpose of this thread is primarily to give as much accurate information (rather than a slick marketing campaign) so that people can make informed decisions. Since transferring servers does cost money, the GH community wants to make sure those who choose GH as their home server feel satisfied with the choice. To decide which server you should join in GW2, you really do need facts. So here’s some info I can share about GH.

GH has a strong welcoming community with a heavy focus on WvW

If you’re a guild or a individual player, new to the game, or an old hat… if you want to have strong ties to your fellow players in WvW, GH community will have a warm and happy welcome if you chose to join us. We very much want new people who come to our server to feel welcome.

We offer direct technical support to new guilds which come to our server.

In addition to being a good place to advertise your own guild, or forum also offers a place where every player can take part in WvW focused discussions on how we want to organize and structure our efforts. Considering the divisive elements of different approaches to the game (especially along the ppt-fight continuum), they’re constructive and those who take part support each other even if they come from different guilds. I would strongly recommend any newcomer to our server to get involved in the community forum found here.
http://www.gunnars-hold.eu

The GH community also provides a shared TS for all guilds which belong to the server (even those with a PvE focus). As the meta for WvW has shifted to TS commanding on our particular server, those who wish to get a more successful experience out of the blob fights are strongly encouraged to join TS commanders (a microphone of your own is not required). In addition my own guild (and hopefully some others soon) offer open weekly WvW events on the TS server for all members of our server.

TS use on our server can be very high. Last reset we had about 50 people in our server wide open event, and that does not include the typical EB crowd or raiding guilds in their separate channel.

We support each other

When certain raiding guilds struggle (whether its a burned out leader, the summer lull, or even being called away to the arm), or raiding guilds do not turn on each other, but rather offer support. My own guild has raided with other guilds when we were missing a leader for that night, and has lead raids for other guilds when they were in the same situation.

Guilds that come to our server willing to work as part of the overall server team will find allies rather than competitors.

(continued in next post)

in Looking for...

fireseed.4675

(Continued from previous post)

We have room

In spite of our current ranking, our queues are pretty much minimal (if they exist at all). Prime time hasn’t changed, but generally the only map that queues up regularly is EB (it depends on the exact time and the match up of course, but the queue to EB is also generally small, less than 10 people or so). The borderlands have lots of room for people who wish to run raiding guilds or server wide events. Right now, any raiding guild which joins GH should have no issue finding a map they can play on together at the time they want to play. Individual players should easily be able to find a map to play on at prime time rather than being forced to wait in edge of the mist for a map to open up.

Here are a few screenies of our queue situation over the last couple of weeks (taken primarily at prime time since that’s really the only time there are queues at all to speak of).

We know how to fight.

With a long history of raiding focused guilds, the majority of our player base (and pretty much all of our guilds) understand the delicate balance between respecting another team’s battles and supporting each other when help is asked for. Most of our player base loves open field combat and will not shy away from an even fight (since we feel fairly confident that we’ll win it). Many people in our PuG zergs also belong to raiding guilds. GH exerts a great deal of discipline and self control under a clear and communicative commander.

Because of this, anyone who wants help to become a better WvW player will find fellow servermates who have both the knowledge and the kindness to be willing to provide direct and meaningful assistance.

We could use more players off-peak, particularly in the morning

I think our recent match up with Vizunah highlights how much coverage makes a difference in WvW. We could easily get a 500 tick each night at prime time (it may have even breached 600) but in the morning it was them who cut our tick well below 100. Anyone who brought strong morning coverage to our server would basically become an instant heroe, since it would allow us to properly defend our gains made at prime time. We would pretty much shoot up the rankings and that guild would instantly have a major and prominent role on our server.

We won’t be paying people to join our server

The mercenary practice of buying guilds to come to your server is a baffling one to us. We will welcome and share our community resources with any guild who comes to us on their own, but please do not ask us to pay your way. We’re of the opinion that a guild which can be bought to come to your server also be bought to leave.

We still have a PvE community

As much as megaservers hurt server based PvE communities, GH still can offer more than just WvW. We still run server based daily mining runs and kill tequatl weekly. One of our GH guilds even arranged some outside command support and we slew that silly wurm a few times as well. We’re very protective of the ties that bind us in PvE, and feel very comfortable around members of other known GH guilds when we come across each other in the typical farming haunts (like the current one in orr right now).

If you would like to know more about GH, feel free to ask questions on our community site or send me a PM in game. Even if I don’t know the answer, I probably know someone who does.

in Looking for...

Steelo.4597

bumping for my GH! We increased our prime time strength again, still looking for morning players and PUG commanders during the day! We have lots of pugs looking for a blue hat during the working hours, could it be you? Many a blue hat went from unknown to GH hero with ballads sung in a couple of weeks Also Commanders during primetime, but be warned there is a lot of guilds rolling and you wont get a map blob ^^ Looking forward to kick butt in the season with possible new people, GH is in good shape for funz and fights at the moment!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

bumping. pug commanders are indeed quite welcome!

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

bumping for gunners!
league is approaching so give us a try!

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Looking for...

Posted by: epszz.5134

epszz.5134

Awsome community, good people, good players. Lots of community events to keep things spicy aswell! Defenitely a server you want to be a part of!

@SFR
Buff.

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Boomp Bompy Bumpy Bump

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Bannering this thread!
Go GH!

in Looking for...

fireseed.4675

So now that the season is over, we expect that there will be some shifting when it comes to people moving servers. Guilds and individuals will start to wonder which server is the best for their WvW needs. GH strong community and history of raiding guilds makes it an ideal choice for anyone interested in playing in the top tier of the silver league , and assures that server growth continues to remain consistent, steady and strong (rather than simply having a flash in the pan rise and fall).

I would like to talk about the season primarily from a GH perspective. This is not intended to talk about any other servers in particular like a matchup thread, but primarily to share the experience of a GH player during this time.

Part 1, End of the Fall Season Report from gunnar’s hold:

The season allowed for a great deal of positive growth for this wvw server and it was based primarily on the servers core rather than any bandwagon effect.

Normally our morning coverage has been an Achilles heel, but not so this season. In fact in 3 of the 4 matchups of the season, according to http://www.gw2score.com, we gained the most points between 6:00 am and 11:59 am. That included two matchups again viznu (who claimed a highest tick this last matchup 555 at 6:18 am) and one against piken, who obviously dominated overnight this season as well. When Gunnars woke up, it did not get discouraged and decide the match was lost. It simply started the work it needed to do to hold onto an extraordinarily tight lead and do well during prime time.

Similarly the community as a whole stepped up. Our will was not broken in our first week match up against AG where we came back more than once from large point deficits (over 10k at least once in that matchup). On days where it mattered the most, people took over from the morning gains to keep the pressure up all the way to prime time. Our scouts sometimes did such an amazing job this season that members of another server (I won’t mention which one) even accused us of having spies in their teamspeak. Yesterday, the morning rush had people so committed to protecting a relatively dead home map, that they got excited on the TS when they saw crossed swords over a camp.

In addition, cooperation did not stop when prime time began. Our guilds have now started to step up in turn and host open mics so that anyone who wanted to raid could have a chance to do so even if their particular guild was not offering one at the time. Although raiding guilds still dominate the borderlands, you did not have to stick just to EB to find a strong organized group of players to fight with.

Gunnars can walk away this season with a great deal more than a second place overall finish and 650 tournament claim tickets. Gunnars can pat itself on the back and feel a great deal of pride with what it managed to accomplish with what it had to work with. We will be taking advantage of that strengthened community to push ourselves forward to the next steps and deal with the fact that the wvw population does not seem to be growing rapidly enough to make up for those burning out of this game mode.

Now that you cannot banner a lord, we might be better called gunnar’s handhold, because when our server does play together, we are a force to be reckoned with.

in Looking for...

fireseed.4675

Part 2, Things you need to know about gunnars if you are thinking about joining our server, as an individual, as a guild, as a new player to the game or old one looking for something different:

Gunnars has space. You won’t find any major queues on our server except perhaps EB at prime time and at reset. Gunnars has space for a big raiding guild or two where they can all get into the same map at prime time with little struggle. When you get there, you will have no trouble finding blobs to slay and our position in silver does mean you will also find other guild groups to fight and test your mettle against.

Gunnars has a strong community. Gunnars has space for smaller wvw guilds or individual players. With our opened mic efforts, a wvw guild without the ideal numbers (generally 15-25) to have that solid group synergy for fighting, can still take part in raids to improve their skills and grow into their own (and possibly discover which existing guilds on the server they’d like to join). Medium sized guilds (closer to those magic numbers) will be welcomed and efforts will be quickly made to help make sure they integrate well with our existing guilds. Gunnars is place to come to if you want to work together with your server mates, instead of competing against them.

Gunnars likes to fight. This is pretty much a no brainer for the simple reason we are, as a rule, relatively strong fighters (thanks to our strong raiding and roaming roots) and when standing on equal ground in equal numbers, we win far more than we lose. Most of our commanders will not shy away from a fight even when facing what appears to be overwhelming odds. It works too often not to try, and if we do wipe, gunnars can pick itself up, and make appropriate adjustments to do better the next time.

Gunnars knows how to work out manned. Since we tend to do so well at prime time, we’re routinely matched up against servers who can field the bigger numbers offpeak. Gunnars veterans have been hardened to this reality, and those afraid of a little challenge have already long left to the blobs of gold tier servers. We value our ppt players and guilds a great deal who will never find themselves bored of things to do offpeak. Their efforts help keep us slipping to a point where we no longer have an enemy to fight.

The community is strengthened through its forum. Our community forum http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/ remains the key place for keeping us working as a strong server. For all their limitations, forums remain probably the best way for people of a shared interest (in this case the server) who play at different times of the day to continue to share information and coordinate their efforts. Anyone guild (or even individual players) who want to be heard, and take part in how the server acts as a whole, needs at least one of its members (and ideally its leader) to be willing to log in there on a daily basis to pay attention on what is going on there. There is a place there for everyone to be heard.

Gunnars has moved towards the use of TS even for pug commanding. Gunnars has created a strong TS community which all members of the server to use. All guilds that are part of the server (even those not entirely focused on WvW) can make use of it. Our open mics and other server events generally make use of it. Even our pug commanders (whether they have a cross borderland focus or the EB prime time com) use it. You will get the most benefit from your wvw experience (in terms of survivability and loot) by using it (you do not need a microphone, simply be willing to log on to listen is enough). This shift towards adopting the TS meta has played a huge role in our servers ability to fight and scout. The TS even now has server based music bot which anyone doing a server based event can make use of (using either premade playlists, or providing a spotify playlist of your own).

Gunnars is international. Although the lingua franca is without a doubt english, most of our wvw players come from all over the world. Quite often, the ones calling out for the blood of specific language servers (whether french, spanish, or german) come from people who speak that language as their native tongue. Gunnars tends to get those smart friendly ones who rather play in english and be part of the greater community as a whole. We also have non-english raiding guilds who operate quite well on gunnars and are treated respect. So long as you have one member comfortable enough to communicate to the server in english, gunnars happily welcomes players from all over the world.

(edited by fireseed.4675)

in Looking for...

fireseed.4675

Part 3, Things you need to know about gunnars if you are thinking about joining our server, as an individual, as a guild, as a new player to the game or old one looking for something different (continued):

Gunnars is stable. We gain and lose the more mobile raiding guilds for various reasons (and to be honest no one server can really hold any of them), but the heart of the server (those players dedicated to keeping things going in both the good times and the bad) remain. We won’t fall over and beg to make sure amazing (insert a raiding guild name) decides to join us, we don’t panic just because amazing (insert a different raiding guild name) is leaving. We welcome all who want to join our community, we part as friends with those who move elsewhere, and we keep our core strong. Coming to gunnars means you will not need to worry about a server suddenly disintegrating without warning. In fact, if someone does go, we tend to tell them “see you soon” because quite often we do see them returning. The fact so many are willing to come back reminds us that gunnars is a special place, even if some need to take some time to learn that the grass isn’t actually greener on the other side.

So the situation on gunnars ultimately remains this. If you want to be part of a server, with a strong community, space, and little (to no) queues, gunnars could very well be the right choice for you and/or your guild no matter where in the world you happen to play. Make yourself know to either myself (or any of our staff at our server forum) and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re quickly welcomed. Pug commanders willing to put in the time to organize themselves (and let the server know) will find a group of friendly people who simply want to play together and not be particularly bothered what guild tag you’re wearing. At prime time the raiding guilds can come out to play in a way that respects their desires for good fights, but continue to work with the PUG commander to ultimately do as strong as we can in a particular match up.

Come to gunnars to experience how a strong community makes wvw fun, no matter what the odds (because where we’re currently placed they can be either good or bad quite easily). If you do so now, you’ll find it 1000 gems cheaper than almost every other wvw european server in the gold league.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Hi chaps,

reactivating, should be downloading tonight. The game I mean, not the results of my last meal. Warning in advance though, I’ve been up since 4am, might be insensible by the time the download completes

Look forward to seeing you all again

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in Looking for...

Steelo.4597

Come keep the Gunnar alive and kicking. With losing our native hero guild [Re] to gold league (there simply were no enemies left to destroy) there is a new slot to get silly amounts of bags (which Re would have claimed).

Players from Ring of Fire, Whiteside Ridge – why not join up with some old friends on GH? A lot of people from those servers switched to GH to get some around-the-clock action and huge fights at primetime.
Ruins of Surmia our old beloved Enemy – dont you miss us? We want your dedication!
Underworldians, we still got them EB Pug Commanders you used to love! Join the blob
German and French bronze servers – why not breathe some international air (secret: behind all those english speaking people there are actually a lot of native germans ^^) and see some epic silver battles? Not lagging but not searching for enemy groups aswell!

Gunnar’s Hold is the one surviving ex-Bronze server still up and kicking in Silver League (could be wrong here? but sounds great!) – and we want to continue! The servers that i named have made us strong by transfering people to us, with those guilds and pugs we have pulled miraculous feats like grabbing 2nd from FSP in season 2 (including 4 am morning shifts!) or coming back from a 10k deficit against the morning cappers of Vizunah in season 3. Most of the people that transfered stayed because they liked it on GH And thats why we are still here.

But times are changing, silver is dieing out as a competitive league – GvG guilds moving to gold and all the pugs stacking on the super servers – we are an endangered species! Right now Silver is splitting into the top ranks who are close to gold and can compete with some gold servers – and the close-to-bronze servers who will never return to competitive WvW without a miracle. A miracle is what we need on Gunnar’s Hold to not go down with them. Thus i call YOU! Save us from deprivation, bring new life to GH.

We offer a strong community with a lot of events, open raids and friendly fighters, not only in WvW but also in PvE. Our weak points are morning coverage and pug commanders outside EB – if you can deal with that, you can deal with anything on GH. please consider us, we want to stay and survive as a server and we need YOU to keep the course.

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Bumping to the top!

in Looking for...

fireseed.4675

Thanks to roo being back, we have some of his great vids to show off again. This was from our drunken raid (aka rampage) on AR border on reset night… went until well past midnight and we had a great time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lmTaLcH5d1k

in Looking for...

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Yeh, that was a bit of a hoot. Nice leading by Naguma. I noticed on the schedule there’s a lot of stuff going on each evening, even for <shudders> PvE.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

bumping once again!

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Bump bump up it goes~

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Bumping for The Gunners back to the top!

check out this thriving community!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Gunnar’s is the official EU man nightmare-mode server.

Think you’ve got what it takes to beat Piken’s 80-man blob?
Think you can handle recapping all our stuff every morning after Vizuna [Insert_any_server_name] has night-capped it?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

bump it up again

in Looking for...

Posted by: Falx.8427

Falx.8427

If you’re a guild looking for a silver server without queues, Gunnars Hold is a great choice atm!

Amplified Wrath [AmP]
Badmash [bM]
Furious Cookies [FURY]

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

boom bump it up

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

bumping back to the top

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

the bump passing by!

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

bump the top needs it!

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Bumping it some more!

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

The bump is strong in this one!

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Extra bumpz up!

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

more bumping comin right up

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

here goes a bumps up

in Looking for...

Posted by: Hex.6415

Hex.6415

Over the months an observation on stuff that happens on Gunnar’s wvw, from a PUG pov:

• Some servers (typically French) usually only engage our pug zerg if they have 2v1 advantage and siege support.
    Alternatively, open fights w/o siege support can happen if they have 3v1 advantage (we win bout half of those fights)
  • Some of them (typically Germans) tend to bunker up during our offtime, good fites to be had when they can get their 80 man blob rolling (eh…maybe an exaggeration, sometimes is 70 man blob). Trick is to lure them away from the temptation of covering their blob with supportive siege.
  • Other non english servers in EU are a mixed bag, with some of them not showing up for wvw and preferring to smack the EOTM monkey.
  • International/EN servers we have been matched in recent times are fun to roll against in primetime, offtime can be tricky for us since they tend to get their zerg rolling faster than we do.
  • 2v1 odds against us? no problem! more loot bags to be had

PUG commander wise, we have a few awesome ones that direct the fights over TS with precise instructions. There have been occasions where we have gone against guild zergs similar in size with our pug (typical GH zerg size is 20-40 man, sometime more, sometimes less, mostly made up by dedicated wvw-ers), and came out on top.

TS coms outside fights are relaxed, during PvD (and esp on reset nites) a wide array of topics are covered, including (but not limited to):
- quaggan mating rituals
- gourmet foods
- stealth OP
- “the one that got away” (bears, candy and vans were also mentioned)
- norns and their choice in clothing for snowy mountains.
- car repair

As any server we have good days, not so good days, and overall good fun.
You should totally not join us (reverse psychology!).

(edited by Hex.6415)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

To be fair GH has some amazing and well known communities dating back from Gw1 Launch, you don’t hear much about them but they are always there

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Up bumpty bump up!

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Bumps up here again!

in Looking for...

Steelo.4597

With transfers from blacktide (Welcome [RBL], [POL], [RH]) we have some new faces joining the hold – the exodus after season 3 left us bleeding strength and i for one am surely hopeing we can come back to fighting the mid tier silver servers again. We are currently in need of:

- GvG guilds (they all left to gold tier so we cant offer gvg fights atm to servers looking for them :<)
- Essentially a whole morning crew with commander included (well what would GH be with a morning crew?..)
- YOU

in Looking for...

Oslaf Beinir.5842

bumpz up more to come!