help bring balance to Tier 1 NA servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Green Arrow.5689

Green Arrow.5689

I know that as soon as this post is posted I will be more than likely trolled by endless JQ and BG, I will receive vitriol form people who do not even know who I am or that I exist. I will however no longer sit idly by when my server needs me to speak out and watch the forces and gold of other servers think they can run us over and drive us out of T1. You will all see that it is very rare that I post on any forum, let alone try and recruit.

As a leader of a community which is out gunned and out manned on every time zone in T1 I ask any potential guild transfer to BG or JQ to look at yourselves and think “do I really want to move to a stacked server.” " do I really want my guild to bandwagon to a winning server, just so I can get queued in all time zones and run over opposite servers with sheer numbers?"
SOR as anyone can tell by scores is the poor cousin of T1. What we lack in coverage we make up in spirit and community. We may not be able to push the ppt of the over populated BG, we may not be able to rally the numbers of JQ but what we will do as a community is fight, and we will fight to the bitter end.

If you are a guild that is seriously considering T1 as your future home and wants to see balance across this tier and the best fights then I recommend you contact me or any other rallian to discuss a possible move.

I will not promise you that we can win leagues, I will not promise you that we can be the number one server, but I will promise you a community who will fight to the bitter end no matter how out numbered we are, we will be a thorn in the side of BG and JQ no matter how much gold they pay for guilds and we will not roll over and go quietly into the night.

This is a call to arms for anyone who believes in an under dog sever and for anyone who believes that fighting is more important than merely sitting in keeps and defending for ppt. I trust that you will make the right decision and bring balance back to T1

The best to all of you no matter how much I’m about to be trolled.
GA
Green Arrow
Leader of SOR

Green Arrow -The United Nations of HEL
http://helioz.enjin.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deathstalker.1792

Deathstalker.1792

Well said GA, well said. Here’s hoping that SOR gets some quality guilds transferring over so we can roll with equal numbers instead of always being out gunned 3 to 1. We still win in open field, in fact 90% of JQ and BG wont fight us in open field because we destroy them each and every time. Haters gonna hate GA so don’t let them get you down.

Prospero Burns
SOR

in Looking for...

Posted by: Maiden England.3491

Maiden England.3491

wow way to make sor look like yet a kittenier server

Street Regulator

(edited by Maiden England.3491)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Time for a new T1 server to rise imo.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I would like to see BG & JQ and SoR destack a bit. The 200 point rating gap ensures they only ever fight each other. That’s bound to get boring eventually.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Looking for...

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Im on the same boat as belle and the above poster. Its been way too long having the same servers up there while others are empty or severely lack coverage.

Im not saying its T1’s fault but variety sure is more fun and it’d be nice to close the gap between the top 6-8 servers

Commander Nachonix

in Looking for...

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

Reminds me of ehmry bay spirit…you should have some folks transfer down the experience down here could be really refreshing. I keep hearing people transferring up to t1, regretting it and coming back.

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

in Looking for...

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

During my prime OC and SEA timezones, JQ and SOR way outnumber BG’s coverage. Last night was a perfect example with SOR & JQ running 60-80+ zergs 2v1 BG over garrison. There were some awesome fights though and surprised we held it from both of you for as long as our maybe 30-40 did. Oh, and gotta love the lag!
Thumbs up though for continued determination and effort! It must be frustrating losing constantly, l know as l transferred from Kaineng some months ago. I think it’s awesome you keep up moral and there are still plenty of good fights to be had during OC & SEA timezones.
The 2v1 last night certainly highlighted the issues with the lack of server rotations so l hope Anet takes notice of this thread. Something needs to change more than a new map.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

(edited by Siliconmana.3816)

in Looking for...

Posted by: CrimsonProject.7980

CrimsonProject.7980

I am no server leader, guild leader or community leader but just another rallian of SoR. I won’t speak negatively of BG or JQ (which was my home server for 8 months). As far as organization goes, all three are top notch and have their own respective communities. But, I am glad to call SoR my home server that I will be on to the bitter end should there be one. It is the first server I’ve been on that does not discriminate on the field or within the community. Whether you are a PPT or no-PPT player or if you happen to be both, it does not cause friction here, you have the freedom to do what you want and there are guilds that will help and empower you to do so.

Personally speaking, I don’t play for the tick. I go out to get good fights from good opposition that includes the likes of OnS, ZN, HB, SF, EE, Apex, HzH, Bro, Pro, Agg, etc. I play a variety of timezones, mostly NA Prime but very often SEA, EU, OCX as well. If any guild should join us outside of Na Prime, I personally suggest you come here because you want to get fights, dive into larger numbers on a regular basis without hesitation. I would like to see coverage filled in these areas for the sake of my dear off-prime players having fellow friends and allies to play with, to be able to enjoy the kind of fights we in the EST timezone are privileged to have. If that is the kind of deal you are looking for, to be part of a community that is dedicated to fighting regardless of whether we’re written off as dead and broken, to be a part of a tenacious pool of individuals in T1, then I would say to you, weigh your options carefully. Look at SoR if you are interested.

[TW] Blondie warrior of Tempest Wolves

(edited by CrimsonProject.7980)

in Looking for...

Posted by: ebbnjin.5276

ebbnjin.5276

wow.. majority players in non t1 groups have been begging ANET for balance in WvW across all servers.. and you have nerve to ask players to help your server balance kittening t1 group?
Dude.. you deserve to be trolled hard..

(edited by ebbnjin.5276)

in Looking for...

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

There seems to be a lot of confusion on what SOR wants to do as a server. The group of guilds currently on SOR who plays only for the fights drove off a large group of guilds who were playing for the PPT because they were unwilling to compromise. However, now the “fights only” SOR guilds want new transfers for the off peak coverage to help with the PPT. So, which is it? Playing for fights only, playing for PPT only, or playing for both? SOR, as a server, needs to be able to answer this or it will be very difficult to recruit help.

in Looking for...

Posted by: CrimsonProject.7980

CrimsonProject.7980

You are under a misconception or were fed misinformation. We have not driven off a large group of guilds. 2 Na guilds left, one of which didn’t play PPT to begin with (some of us knew this group was going to leave months in advance) and the other, we have many friends in and still talk to on a regular basis left not to chase PPT but for other reasons that are privy to them and their associates. SoR doesn’t have an identity crisis, we are capable of doing both as we have done for months. And please note that I speak for only myself on this matter. As just another player, I don’t particularly care if PPT or non-PPT guilds fill our off-hours. If my fellow server mates have a group to follow and play with, then it is a win.

[TW] Blondie warrior of Tempest Wolves

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

During my prime OC and SEA timezones, JQ and SOR way outnumber BG’s coverage. Last night was a perfect example with SOR & JQ running 60-80+ zergs 2v1 BG over garrison. There were some awesome fights though and surprised we held it from both of you for as long as our maybe 30-40 did. Oh, and gotta love the lag!
Thumbs up though for continued determination and effort! It must be frustrating losing constantly, l know as l transferred from Kaineng some months ago. I think it’s awesome you keep up moral and there are still plenty of good fights to be had during OC & SEA timezones.
The 2v1 last night certainly highlighted the issues with the lack of server rotations so l hope Anet takes notice of this thread. Something needs to change more than a new map.

I think the +410ppt you have at 8am kind of renders a slight population imbalance at night moot. You are beating your closest competition (that you claim outnumbers you 2 out of 4 timezones, and equals you in 1 of the remaining 2) by 20k and the next closest competitor by almost 100k.

T1 was formerly the closest matchups in all of NA, now it’s only surpassed by T4 (DB pushed down too far) and T3 (YB hugging towers and Magummies don’t PPT).

That’s not counting SoR’s point difference either, the gap between JQ and BG is greater than any other two servers of similar standing.

BG has earned it’s spot, but it’s time to stop implying that your increasingly lopsided victories is skill overcoming greater numbers.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Yeah I’m sorry but as a rallian I have to give my two cents in here, yes sadly I still have an account on SoR. You can’t use the score as an excuse to measure how poor SoR is compared against BG and JQ, because that is EXACTLY how SoR wants to play. The biggest guild on SoR admits to not playing for points, they would rather roam around fighting instead. Oh and fights to the bitter end = gives up week two in the season and every week thereafter. As for community, there are elitist there, why do you think Fannwong gave up posting for the community, he ran into one that he couldn’t do anything about.

Playing for PPT doesn’t have to be you worry about capping stuff right down to the tick, but you take places when you can and have fun with the fights you still get while doing it, and guess what BG and JQ and just about every other server in T2/3 play like this. If you want to completely shut out capping anything and just run around looking for a fight you put the stress on your ppt guilds to keep your server competitive. You guys obviously don’t care about the morale of the server either, when you don’t bother to take anything anymore people will zone into wvw see nothing to fight for and end up not caring either.

If all you wanted was smaller group fighting you should have just transferred to any of the rank 3-10 servers instead of destroying an entire server and T1 balance with that dumb mantra. I hope SoR stays in T1 for a long time and continue to get hammered by BG and JQ until you come to your senses. Playing on SoS in T2/3 has been amazing the last two weeks, against SBI down to the final day of the matchup, and this week with TC and FA.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Saying “we are playing for the fights” often translates into “we have cruddy communication, or else our PPT guys would be capping while we have our awesome fights with their zerg(s).”

Servers like SoS, SBI, FA, and sometimes TC seem to understand this principle very well.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

It is so deliciously funny to see SoR cry about imbalance when a year ago they were riding ( and have been consistently returning to) the gravy train of guild poaching and over-coveraging their competition into T1. Well i suppose your ride has come to an end. It will be better for the WvW scene in general to have larger pools of comptetive equally manned servers than a series of segmented tiers. T1 has been destructive for the WvW experience in this game and the more fluid the match ups and the more even the fights the better off we all will be.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Looking for...

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

What we have here is a rare chance at server balance, currently SBI, FA, TC and SoS are equally matched you can throw Maguuma and YB in there and it still won’t be blowouts SoR is the wild card here but i’d bet they will still be equally matched. If JQ and BG shed some of their off our coverage and give it to Mags and DB giving DB some NA coverage what we can have here is a 9 man race for the top. (who doens’t want that).

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Looking for...

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Unbalanced WvW?!

Quick, let’s fix it by transferring people to tier 1! Hurry everyone!

Gate of Madness