[HOPE] - FA - Hardcore WvW and GvG

in Looking for...

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

[HOPE] has been around for almost 8 years, and for a long time lead the #1 Luxon Faction Alliance in GW1.

We reformed on July 9th as a Pure Hardcore World Vs World Guild. Our Goal is to add to the competition by forcing opponents to be at the top of their game when they face us in the Open Field, regardless of how much they may outnumber us, and to be a major player in the GvG Realm.

If you are looking for that “hardcore” WvW guild that is actually competitive and strives to improve, apply to join HOPE. If you want more than to be in just another average guild, look at joining us.

Too many times guilds take the approach “need more people!” after a defeat. You won’t find that in HOPE. We are a dedicated nightly World Vs World Guild that looks at more than just numbers to win on the field. We look at our group compositions, our builds, our communication, and strive to improve every time we go out on the field.

We are Elitists and absolutely want to be the best, so we do have high expectations of all members that choose to join us. At the same time, we recognize people make mistakes and that this is a game, so we aren’t pricks if you mess up, but we strive to be as effective as possible when we play. For us, becoming the best we can be, improving, and being competitive are what makes this game fun.

About [HOPE]:

• 20-25 Man (Tagless) Runs – Every Night
  • 49 Total Members
  • A strictly Hardcore and Competitive Guild
  • World Vs World and PvP Based
  • Server: Fort Aspenwood
  • Click Here to Apply Now

What we offer:

• An Open Field Emphasis
  • A Guild that tests our new compositions, looks for new tactics, and goes the extra mile to perfecting what we do
  • A Guild where every member has the same goal
  • A Guild where every member is dedicated to improving
  • A Guild that constantly adapts to opponents

Who we are recruiting:

• Players that have an absolute competitive edge
  • Players that push themselves to be better and expect teammates to do the same
  • Players that spend most of their time in WvW
  • Players that can adapt and play towards the guilds strenghths
  • Players that want more from a Hardcore WvW Guild

Classes currently recruiting:

1. Guardians (2-3)
  2. Warriors (2-3)
  3. Elementalist (1)
  4. Necromancer (1)
  5. Mesmer (1)

Accepting Applications from all: Guardians, Elementalists, Necromancers, Warriors, Engineers, Mesmers

Attachments:

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

(edited by Drigan.7382)

in Looking for...

Drigan.7382

4 Minute Battle with a much larger JQ Group – Full Comms (22 Total HOPE Running Tagless + 3 Pugs)

We are constantly looking at our fights like this to figure out went wrong, what can be done better, and how can we improve.

How was our Cleansing? Our Healing? Our Movement? Our Caster Positioning? Our Communication? What classes need to make adjustments on their builds? We look at everything throughout the night and strive to make the adjustments needed. This fight was 11 days ago, and we have made substantial changes and strides forward since then.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

I would highly recommend this guild, when we fought FA this was my guilds favorite enemy guild to fight against. Great field movement from a classy bunch. Nothing bad to say about HOPE keep the good fights going!

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Looking for...

Posted by: Merothasweyles.3840

Merothasweyles.3840

I can’t tell you how much fun we have in HOPE. If you have that competitive edge, if you have a desire become a better player and smash the opponent in the open field and in GvG then accept no substitutes. This is where you want to be.

in Looking for...

Merothasweyles.3840

Oh did I mention loot bags? Lots and lots of loot bags. You ever hear that song"It’s raining men?" well it’s like that but instead of men it’s loot bags.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Thor.9085

Thor.9085

HOPE is by far the best guild i have ever had the privilege of being part of the members are all very helpful, respectful, and very friendly. I can also say when it comes down to it there not afraid to do what it takes to get the job done! The leader is one of the best in GW2 hes the glue that holds HOPE together.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

After facing FA for a couple of weeks i have to say[HOPE] was one of the guilds there that really sprung out. Very good guild with good field tactics and always in for a brawl.
Highly recommended if you look for a guild on Fort Aspenwood!

PS: You can actually see them kicking our butt in the recruitment video up in this thread :-p LOL!

(edited by Rhaegus.8924)

in Looking for...

Merothasweyles.3840

Thanks for the kind words Rhaegus we had a blast squaring off with you. See you out there!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Jumping in on the [HOPE] lovefest. They were among the best if not the best guild I fought on FA. Great open field fights.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Looking for...

Posted by: Darkstar.4176

Darkstar.4176

HOPE really is a great environment for people who are looking to maximize their WvW experience. Having been a part of that zerging blob WvW style before I can’t express how refreshing it is to be part of a group that favors skill over numbers. There is constant banter about builds, strategy, group composition and so on all of which combines to make a community that fosters significant growth in both group cohesion and individual member skill.

Virality
FA – [HOPE]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Padraig.7938

Padraig.7938

[HOPE] is the pure shizz, you guys. Great fights, great leader, great officers, great members, all together make for an awesome time. No need to worry about having to get certain nights off work to get to come out for “the big night” because every night is a big night. Great turn out for most nights of the week, always people to run with. If you want the hardcore WvW experience then [HOPE] is the way to go. Even if you don’t feel quite ready or question your ability, everyone helps each other improve and better themselves and the team. The class officers are awesome about helping with builds, gear, and play in general. I have nothing but good things to say about this guild and imagine it will be that way for some time to come.

Padraig out!

in Looking for...

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

HOPE is still recruiting active WvWers. We’re fielding ~20 players each night, and we want to add a few more people to our roster.

We as especially recruiting more Mesmers at the moment.

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

in Looking for...

Posted by: Atreidies.6257

Atreidies.6257

Hope is a great guild and a true gem to the fort . Love these guys

[NV] Night Vision
Trick Trick Trick
Guild Leader

in Looking for...

Drigan.7382

We had closed recruitment for a bit, but we’re reopening for a couple skilled positions.

Now looking for:

• 2 skilled Necromancer slots
  • 2 skilled Elementalist slots
  • 1 skilled Thief slot

Recruitment will close very shortly! Visit http://www.gw2hope.com and look under the recruitment section!

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Bee.6239

Bee.6239

in Looking for...

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

Don’t join these guys.

They only farm people in WvW.

No PVE

Why would someone ever join a guild like that.

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in Looking for...

Drigan.7382

22-27 HOPE (most we had was 23 HOPE and 14 militia combined) vs SoR blobs of 50+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LI07ei0J2QQ

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]

in Looking for...

Drigan.7382

FA-SoR-DB Recap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe2L7lO_lzQ

(Video includes fights against TW/TWL, Choo, FEAR, DIE from SoR)

Our roster of 61 Total Members still fields 25-30 members every night in WvW. Our recruitment has for the most part been closed, but there are a couple classes still open.

We are looking for:

• 3 Guardians
  • 1 Staff Elementalist
  • 1-2 Highly skilled Thieves
  • 1 Mesmer

If you think you are HOPE material, apply and we’ll give you a try! Visit: http://gw2hope.com/ and check out our Recruitment Section

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]

in Looking for...

Posted by: FirstInfantry.2795

FirstInfantry.2795

checked out this thread assuming there will be some videos up 2 watch and analyze:) I love the ones with some kind of commentary so I don’t have to guess whats happening, but yeah anyway I’m just some scrub from mag. To any1 else who checks out this thread, these guys r legit! I’m impressed with your consistency in how many people you field, how often you raid, and how often you emerge victorious without any1 from your side downed.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Famine.6548

Famine.6548

Had the pleasure of commanding a very competitive back and forward scrimmage GvG against these guys when I was in [RE]. Their movement is very tight and coordinated and their melee was impressive. If your still on FA or planning on moving there, I would recommend them as your first application.

-[STUN]Fading Justice

in Looking for...

Drigan.7382

FA-SBI-Mag Recap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6l5ywoLZy0

We are still actively recruiting to make our roster lean and consistent!

We are still active every night with consistently 25 members, and we are actively recruiting to bolster our front line and caster positions.

Now recruiting:

• 3 Guardians
  • 3 Warriors
  • 1 Necromancer
  • 1 Mesmer

We will definitely consider applications from other classes as we have personnel who can swap classes to fill roles. We want likeminded players who are extremely competitive and want to put in the time working with our groups and each other to constantly improve.

Apply and Learn more at: http://gw2hope.com/ and check out our Recruitment Section

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

If there was 1 guild on FA that I’d recommend you guys check out it’d be this one.

/cower

when we meet next week. Please make sure its sup.siege you unload on our bodies.

p.s I’m building a sup treb on your body next week drigan.

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

What happened? I remember you all being a pve guild on GW1.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Looking for...

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

[HOPE] is a great guild on FA that always provides a nice fight. Classy people too. The combination is rare, but you will find it in [HOPE]. I look forward to fighting you guys again soon.

Star Player
[KEK]

in Looking for...

Drigan.7382

Thanks for the recommendations all.

HOPE is 8-2 on the GvG scene doing mostly 20v20 with two 15v15 matches. We run 20-25 every night as a guild only with 0-3 total non guildies around is at any given time. We’re still looking for members who want to be challenged in WvW and want to work towards being the best.

Our caster positions are mostly filled and are looking to strengthen our melee corps. Recruiting for both Guardians and Warriors currently, though we will consider other class applications. Whisper me in game or reply here if you have any questions.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]

in Looking for...

Bee.6239

(edited by Bee.6239)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Atreidies.6257

Atreidies.6257

One of our most respected guilds in FA filled with exceptionally skilled players. Love watching your vids. Keep the pain train rolling guys.

[NV] Night Vision
Trick Trick Trick
Guild Leader

in Looking for...

Drigan.7382

HOPE is now 11-2 in GvGs and we’ve worked very hard to master our style. Our last 5 GvGs include:

We aim for perfection and completely believe we can be the best guild in the game. If you want to be in a truly Hardcore and Competitive WvW environment than drop an application in.

Recruitment:
Guardians – 2-3 slots
Warriors – 2-3 slots
Elementalists – 1 slot
Necromancers – 1 slot
Mesmer – 1-2 slots for a dedicated mesmer(s)
Engineer – Very Low (1-2 slots possibly)
Thief – Closed
Ranger – Closed

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

FA seems really strong! Might want to transfer.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

Wow, your recruitment video was intense. Your guy’s playing was great. We’re you fighting 50 man SoR’s to your 37? I’m on a bronze league server atm and all I wanna do is WvW. The competition here is non-existent. I want an intense GW2 experience surrounded by players who push to the apex of their ability. I only have one 80 atm, and definately not geared to your guy’s level of ability but I want to eventually transfer to silver and FA is definitely my first choice. If I don’t transfer this season, it’s because I want to see what next season yields as I’m also looking at HoD in bronze. Keep on fightin!

in Looking for...

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Wow, your recruitment video was intense. Your guy’s playing was great. We’re you fighting 50 man SoR’s to your 37? I’m on a bronze league server atm and all I wanna do is WvW. The competition here is non-existent. I want an intense GW2 experience surrounded by players who push to the apex of their ability. I only have one 80 atm, and definately not geared to your guy’s level of ability but I want to eventually transfer to silver and FA is definitely my first choice. If I don’t transfer this season, it’s because I want to see what next season yields as I’m also looking at HoD in bronze. Keep on fightin!

Next season won’t happen until 2014, if it happens at all. We’ll be fighting Tier 2 and Tier 1 opponents once league is over.

HOPE is a really good choice. One of the best guilds in game.

Disclaimer: I am not in HOPE, but I am hardcore FA. Best server in game.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

One of the best guilds I’ve seen play WvW. Love to witness their coordination.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in Looking for...

Bee.6239

in Looking for...

Drigan.7382

We are now 14-2 in GvGs and are still recruiting! Recent GvGs include:

• W – 20v20 – [HOPE] vs [DIE] (4-0)
  • W – 15v15 – [HOPE] vs [Crit] (8-0)
  • W – 15v15 – [HOPE] vs [TB] (5-0)

Silver League Recap Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nfnyWD0aq8

Recruitment:

• Guardian – 2-3 openings
  • Warrior – 2-3 openings
  • Elementalist – 1 possible spot
  • Necromancer – 1 possible spot
  • Engineer – 1 possible spot
  • Mesmer – 1 possible spot
  • Thief – Closed
  • Ranger – Closed
Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

kitten IT I HAD 14 RANGERS ASK ME TODAY ABOUT HOPE AND NOW I HAVE TO TURN THEM ALL AWAY. JK, these guys are great and if you’re REALLY serious about wvw and being the best player you can be, these are your guys.

in Looking for...

Posted by: zebra.2017

zebra.2017

HOPE is still looking for a few members to add to its core!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Since HOPE reformed back in July, they’ve become a serious force to reckon with. I wouldn’t want to be on their bad side.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast