Healing Guardian LF DPS :)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Hello again community!

This is an LFG post

I am a healing guardian specializing in FOTM trio runs and I am looking for players who like fractals and would be interested in doing some trios.

Some facts about us:
- we usually play daily except some weekends
- we doing 8 high-level FOTM runs (40s + 50s) between 4:30 and 10 PM PST
- we looking for ELE, ENGI (both sini and zerk would work)
- we running under [GOOD] tag on lfg (not an actual guild, more like a personal bank, you don’t have to join it)
- we use teamspeak (you don’t have to talk obviously)
- we play on NA servers

Feel free to hit me up in game if:
- you feel like you are proficient with your class (we can teach you specific tricks and strats, no worries about that) and know how to use your dodge button
- you playing in the same timezone
- also if you would like to buy some runs from us (but that’s another story)

Some examples of what we doing:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCxfgAjHhmmwpAM9N2AgBQODeGx33wRih

Have a nice day and hopefully I can do some runs together with some of you guys!

Cheers!

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

in Looking for...

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

in Looking for...

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

Can’t wait for this thread to turn into another kitten-measuring contest.

in Looking for...

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Hey,

Where do I sign up?

in Looking for...

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Ran with these guys a few times, Skady makes the runs super smooth. “Don’t knock it till you try it” would be my suggestion. Consistent quick runs with 3 people. Knocked out 3 50’s with selling all but one spot (rotating who stayed in for credit) in about 2 hours the other day, solid quick money.

in Looking for...

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

in Looking for...

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Do you guyz play around 1~2h after reset? if so i will be glad to join with ele (engie gearing ongoing)

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

in Looking for...

Skady.5916

Hey,

Where do I sign up?

Consider it done!
I will hit you up in game

Do you guyz play around 1~2h after reset? if so i will be glad to join with ele (engie gearing ongoing)

We start 30min before reset

-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

in Looking for...

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

We start 30min before reset

Too bad, I usually do Jormag and Teq during that time. But if you ever need someone else I can make myself available. Would like to try one of those run. I wanted for a long time try it, but we end up with filling the party rather quickly in my guild.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Looking for...

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

It makes me happy to see people dedicating resources to healway. Now streamers need to push for it for maybe a chance to attract players who wanted to do this sort of thing just to have fun with it but felt like they couldn’t just to give it more public attention.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

I would also love to join if you’ll take me

in Looking for...

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I’ve watched several of your videos and to be honest, I don’t see how the “Healing” part was at all helpful. For sure, blocks and reflects are highly effective and you make great use of those, but I still see people get downed or whatever from big hits occasionally. I don’t see how a large pulsing Battle Presence heal made much of a difference. It seems like it’d go faster and smoother if the Guard was also a damage spec.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’ve watched several of your videos and to be honest, I don’t see how the “Healing” part was at all helpful. For sure, blocks and reflects are highly effective and you make great use of those, but I still see people get downed or whatever from big hits occasionally. I don’t see how a large pulsing Battle Presence heal made much of a difference. It seems like it’d go faster and smoother if the Guard was also a damage spec.

First, toughness helps with agro, that agro allows the other two to focus on their rotation to melt the boss.

Healing does factor in, you do get some non kill shot stray hits that in a few seconds are nullified from the healing. (arrow shots or some barrage hits from grawl shaman, a few ticks of damage from svanir or frostbite ticks as you run back to the gather spot, etc)

Ideally, sure, all zerk, but the vast majority of players aren’t on the level that can accomplish that.

Again I’ll say “don’t knock it till you try it”. As someone who’s done hundreds of fractals the ones with Skady were some of the fastest and smoothest (note I don’t often run with 5X organized guild runs all on voice chat). And easily the best 3mans I’ve done.

As I stated in another thread, I’d challenge any group of 3 average players to do 3 fracatal 50 trios in a row in 2 hours or under. Please prove me wrong. Show me that I just suck and I don’t know what I’m talking about. But, I highly doubt many can pull it off, and those that can are probably at the level that they can solo a fractal.

in Looking for...

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

“don’t knock it till you try it”.

this

my healing guard friends let me be a baddie and still put out mad deeps

can i do it with a zerk guard friend? ya
can i do it without a guard? ya
do i get to be a baddie? hell no

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Looking for...

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

First, toughness helps with agro, that agro allows the other two to focus on their rotation to melt the boss.

Aggro patterns differ per boss, Anet made it that way to make a designated tank useless.
If you really want to use a tank, you should take a nomads ele, since elementalists will get boss aggro more often than other classes

(edited by bladex.9502)

in Looking for...

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Why Clerics instead of Celestial, which is better for the job in every respect?

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Looking for...

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

How would it be better? Maybe the dps would be better, but the the amount of condition on that type of guard I doudt it. But the healing and toughness helping with agro would be smaller. I’m not saying that you are wrong, I’m just not sure.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Looking for...

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Can I join your party and just afk until we are done? It won’t make a difference anyway

Tour

in Looking for...

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

How would it be better? Maybe the dps would be better, but the the amount of condition on that type of guard I doudt it. But the healing and toughness helping with agro would be smaller. I’m not saying that you are wrong, I’m just not sure.

You don’t need much Toughness to hold aggro in those cases against bosses where that matters. Even 200 extra Toughness is enough, and the Toughness difference. Healing Power is fairly unimportant in this build and should be sufficient.

HP with Clerics Armor: 439
Power With Clerics: 2612
Toughness with Clerics: 1315
Hit Points with Clerics: 11645
Crit Chance with Clerics: 35%
Condition Damage: 0
Crit Damage: 193%

HP with Celestial: 207
Power with Celestial: 2504
Toughness with Celestial: 1207
Hit Points with Celestial: 13715
Crit chance with Celestial: 44.62%
Condition Damage with Celestial: 207
Crit Damage with Celestial: 207%

Aggro will be the same, survivability will be at least as good with celestial armor, and damage will be much better with celestial.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Looking for...

Posted by: Pie o Dung.2460

Pie o Dung.2460

Classic Nike! fails to consider DPS uptime

Anti Meta and Anti Muffin

in Looking for...

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Can’t wait for this thread to turn into another kitten-measuring contest.

Took more time than I expected.

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Skady.5916

Good day everyone!

Couldn’t find my thread cause it was removed to LFG section by some kind moderator. Can we get it back to dungeon forums?

I will add everyone in game who expressed interest in trios and I guess I will have to create a new thread in dungeon section to answer some questions unrelated to LFG-part of the thread

Again, if anyone can help me to get thread back to dungeon forums that would be nice

-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

in Looking for...

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Not even I am a fan of this idea, but it does seem cruel of the moderators to send this thread to nowhere land. It should return to the dungeon subforums.