Hey! New player over here.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Rosarie.7642

Rosarie.7642

Hello!

So I’m just about to start playing Guild Wars 2 for the first time , having no idea about anything and therefor I would like some help finding a guild that takes in new players. I’d just like to point out that I’m not looking for a guild that invite trillion of people just to have a bunch of people for the sake of having people. I’m looking for a social guild that has room for a player that wants to learn.

Also, wondering about the servers and choosing one. I looked around the forums and found some guilds that I wanna apply to or make contact with one of their leaders, but the servers are full and therefor I cant create characters on those servers. Can I still play with people “cross-realm” or am I closed to the server my character are on? I read some about “megaservers” but not enough to answear my own question. So could someone be nice and fill me in on this? : )

I’m an EU player, former mmo experience has been WoW, but the time has come to move on to something new. I don’t know what “kind” of player I will be but I want to experience every aspect of the game at a somewhat comfortable rate so I’m not looking for anything too hardcore.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Liam McColgan.7689

Liam McColgan.7689

Was on forums, saw this so here’s some tips;
- Mega servers mean you can play with anyone in eu, as the server puts you in the one thats with your party/guild when you load up a map/area. Servers only matter for WvW. You cannot play WvW with your guild if they are not in the same WvW servers. But for pvp/pve and anything else, server is irrelevant.
- pve community is generally very friendly
- Don’t treat this like WoW. As a WoW veteran, gw2 is very different, and doesnt try to replicate WoW (Which is a good thing :P ).
Have fun and good luck with finding the right guild for you.
-

Mesmer – 1250+ Ranked tpvp WINS.
– 7772 games played, 5274 games won.
“Nuke or be Nuked” – Said every mesmer ever

in Looking for...

Posted by: Softer The Great.2904

Softer The Great.2904

Hello Rosarie and welcome to Guild Wars 2 and its awesome community!
And long story short, our guild Tide of Wrath [ToW] would be happy to welcome you to join us!

We are a medium sized (200 members) guild that does lots of PvE and PvP. Our guild is megaserver based, so we have players from all around the EU servers (and as you have yet to pick one I would reccommend going for Aurora Glade or Gunnars Hold if you choose to join us ^^) and we welcome players of all skill level to join us.

Our members run dungeons and fractals daily and we allso offer opportunities for learning solo and duo dungeon runs. Some of our members only do PvP and some allso enjoy doing WvW but as a megaserver guild we cant form up any big guild zerks.

Some of our members have realy “mastered” the professions that they play so class teaching can be done if asked. We are allso very happy to help others around by answering questions and such

Our guild activities consist of weekly guild missions (Sundays), Tequatl the Sunless spawning (Saturdays) and other random guild events.

The representing policy in our guild is that you keep us as main guild and represent around 90% of your time.

We allso have our own forums (towgw2.mo-rpg.com) and Teamspeak.

Feel free to contact me (or our other leaders Mecr or Zeiir) ingame by mail or whisper if you would like an invite or more information.

-Jacxx (twitch.tv/jayvee93)
Co-Leader of Tide of Wrath [ToW]
http://towgw2.mo-rpg.com/

in Looking for...

Posted by: BrunoGMC.1867

BrunoGMC.1867

You can check our guild post here.
Have fun!

Great Jungle Wurmicidal Maniacs [GJWM]
Commander Roy Maverick

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jarni.7402

Jarni.7402

Servers: Desolation (1) / Piken Square (2)
Main characters: Jarni The Catmander (1) / Jarni Goes Wild (2)
Gank Me Harder [FURY]