I want to get good.

I want to get good.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

So I’ve been playing this game a while. I’ve soloed story modes for dungeons and even a few explorable paths.
I’ve done sPvP and WvW with WvW being my favorite of the two. (Reminds me so much of an old mmo I used to play before it went to crap.)

I’ve got three 80s, a necromancer who is my main with two sets.
Primary set is exotic viper’s armor, rare rabid weapons and trinkets with my two rings being ascended and back being exotic. And then there’s the secondary which is mix of rare and exo zerk armor/weapons plus mostly green trinkets. I play both as reaper and as base necro depending on my mood (have the specialization maxed out)

I have a guardian in all green … I think it was magi gear..? Do not have elite spec at all and while guardian is kind of fun.. I prefer to play the tanky “Sorry fam you aren’t allowed to lose hp.” kind of supporty thing with friends. It was my first 80 and kind of holds a soft spot for me I guess.

And a thief who I used the level 80 booster on and as a result have full exo valkyrie gear.
I HATE thief. I love the idea of doing lots of power damage which is what originally made me want to try the class.. I got impatient and wasted my boost. Regret it pretty thoroughly. The class is just far too soft compared to what my main is and what my first was. I sneeze wrong then the mob looks at me and says “bless you” then I fall over dead out of sheer offense.

I’ve got an elementalist in the workings and an engineer in “will work on eventually” status. I like ele and engi, leaning more towards ele due to how well the kit flows I guess? I haven’t played a ton of engi honestly but I hear it’s mostly just spam grenades until everything is dead.

Now all that aside – I feel like I play with incredible amounts of mediocrity.
Everything I do in sPvP feels like I’m just flailing about slinging condis and hopefully corrupting enough boons that I make a difference, while wvw is mostly me solo back capping sentry points and sometimes supply camps.
And in PvE I feel like I’m not even close to the level of “get good” I need to do a raid mechanically. Let alone the gearing and rotations.

Also I am well aware viper+rabid is probably a super strange stat combination. Once I’ve gotten my play style and habits nailed down I will fix that.

TL;DR: I am bad/mediocre in all aspects of this game and would love to improve if anyone’s got the time to help in any way.

Off topic: Don’t try to solo caudecus’s manor path 1 without stealth (I heard you can buy a consumable that gives you a bundle for stealth) and projectile reflects/destruction. YOU WILL HATE LIFE FOR SEVERAL HOURS.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

I want to get good.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kuulpb.5412

Kuulpb.5412

You can outheal things in P1 :P and anyway, I feel mediocre/bad in most aspects, but I suggest You first off determine if you want to do power damage or Condition damage. Then determine if you want it as the MAIN aspect or a secondary aspect, such as being Tanky with some damage, or Damage with some tnaky/0 tanky. This will then help you decide what to play as some profs excel in some aspects, like Elementalist excels at damage. I would write a list, but i’m tired :P

Some days I feel like I can’t go on…. and then I eat Garlic.

I want to get good.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Trafficone.5301

Trafficone.5301

Hi there! First thing’s first, I feel you with CM, I hate that dungeon. Anyhoo:

What I would say is work on getting your characters geared in at least full exotic gear. If you don’t have the resources to do that, I would pick a character to focus on, probably necromancer or guardian. Once you’ve got your gear, it’s mostly about practice.

Are you on a North American server? Feel free to add me as a friend in game (Trafficone.5301). I’d be happy to help you out when I can.

Boughmaster – Necromousy – Furfriend – Sapterfuge
The Rescuer – Smoke And Flowers – Nectar Protector – Dhuumwind –
Specter Protector – Pushed Daisies – Imprinted – Die Groundlings

I want to get good.

in Looking for...

Murdock.6547

I’m pretty sure necro or reaper will remain my main. She’s just got SO much safety in her condi transfer and cleansing plus the massive base HP pool. Then there’s death/reaper shroud which just adds another hp bar.

Though that might be part of the issue? I should maybe play a less safe class so that I can do more work in other aspects aside from being self sufficient?
I did see a “medic” build a while ago for necro, though, and I thought it was really interesting. Marketed as “raid viable” … and considering the guy does actually do raids (and has footage to back it up) I wouldn’t be one to try and argue with him.

EDIT: yeah, I’m on NA. I’ll give you a PM next time I’m online.

I want to get good.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Trafficone.5301

Trafficone.5301

Sounds like a plan! I’m online most evenings and weekends. See you soon!

Boughmaster – Necromousy – Furfriend – Sapterfuge
The Rescuer – Smoke And Flowers – Nectar Protector – Dhuumwind –
Specter Protector – Pushed Daisies – Imprinted – Die Groundlings

I want to get good.

in Looking for...

Murdock.6547

Oh also do you have discord? I’m someone who’s very comfortable with voice chatting basically anyone.. so I mean the offer is there if you are too.