Is Gate of Madness a good fit for you?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

Q:

Gate of Madness has spent the last five years building a WvW server community. We have a lot of guilds involved, almost no drama, great coordination, and we all have a blast playing together. We are all quite proud of what our server has become. We are certainly not opposed to the idea of transfers, but having more people just to have more people does not appeal. We want people to join our community, not just numbers on the battlefield.
With this is mind, this is the current state of Gate of Madness WvW. We will not be a good fit for everyone. That said, if this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we would love to have you on board.

1) We are a small tight-knit server and we like it that way.
Our server community is not unlike a small town. Everyone knows everyone! We use the server voicechat server not only to coordinate, but to also build relationships. We don’t have any large guilds – instead, we have many small guilds which work together. Some guilds only have a few members, yet still make a big impact.

2) We don’t mind losing.
Don’t get me wrong, we do like to win. Ok, we LOVE winning. But that doesn’t mean that the fun stops when we lose. Our goal is always to do the most that we can with the resources we have. You can ask any of our opponents: GoM does not quit, and we have a TON of fun, even when we are losing.

3) We are a guest server, and proud of it.
Since the expansion, our server has been linked with various servers in all four World V. World tiers. We like to help out our host server whenever we can. Most of us like the variety that server links bring. It allows us to make new friends while keeping our community strong!

4) We are constantly working to improve.
Every Saturday, we hold a server wide meeting to discuss tactics: what worked, what didn’t, and what should be try to do next. We also discuss this sort of thing on the server Discord. This has really improved us as a server, as we share what we learn with each other and look for additional ways to improve.

Conclusion
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, then we hope you will consider joining our community. I encourage you to take a look at our Server Website and even join us on Teamspeak or Discord if you are interested.
Thanks to Ninyl for the original iteration of this message.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Mysteriax.6049)

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

A:

Who Are We Looking For?

Guilds: If you’re looking for a positive and supportive place to grow your WvW scene, look no further than Gate of Madness. We run several community open raids throughout the week that will give your members an opportunity to run with experienced commanders in Teamspeak during your off-times, and supply a pool of experienced WvW’ers for your open raids.

Roamers: Starting in our days in Bronze League, our server has always valued the collective efforts of roamers, scouts and havoc groups. We have an experienced pool of roaming and havoc players and are always looking to grow.

Commanders: If you’re looking for an experienced and supportive militia, Gate of Madness is the server for you. We’re looking for more active commanders during NA prime time and expanding into the OCX, SEA and EU time slots.

Militia: Whether your a member of a small guild, PvE guild, PvX guild or multi-game community, we appreciate and value all players who fight for our server! All GoM players are welcome to join our server Teamspeak and Discord channels, run with our commanders and experience the action that is Gate of Madness.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Posted by: AirBorne.2941

AirBorne.2941

I’ve been on this server since the game came out, great community and friendly players. Would love to see some new faces!

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

That’s right! Everyone, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Posted by: DasMoose.7265

DasMoose.7265

+1 GoM could go some great places with new and dedicated players filling some of these coverage slots!

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

Still recruiting. PM me if you have any questions.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Does Spartan or Seraph still pugman?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I would consider changing servers again, however how is the coverage throughout the day and what tier have you guys been hovering around the last couple of months?

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I would consider changing servers again, however how is the coverage throughout the day and what tier have you guys been hovering around the last couple of months?

Depends on who GoM get’s linked to. There most likely going to be stuck in T4 for the rest of this linking but they could be anywhere next time around.

I find plenty of action during euro hours but I mainly solo roam and don’t pay much attention to the score so I can’t really say what kind of numbers GoM pulls during those hours. They seem to hold their own most of the time though.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

Does Spartan or Seraph still pugman?

Spartan and Seraph are still on the server, and they both tag once in awhile.
It’s always a pleasure to run with either of them!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Posted by: NapalmDest.1786

NapalmDest.1786

I’m sorry, I am a newbie. Is this a post to recruit people to the entire realm to be apart of the community in the realm (regardless of the guild they are in)?

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

I’m sorry, I am a newbie. Is this a post to recruit people to the entire realm to be apart of the community in the realm (regardless of the guild they are in)?

Exactly. This post recruits players to transfer to our server to play WvW. Those players and guilds will have access to our server community’s official website, Discord and Teamspeak server. All players and guilds are welcome.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Posted by: Azuset.5804

Azuset.5804

I transferred my character over. I just need a guild now. Who is looking for fresh recruits?

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

I transferred my character over. I just need a guild now. Who is looking for fresh recruits?

I recently helped Azuset find a guild after transferring over to Gate of Madness. We have a wide variety of guilds catering to different playstyles. I am happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Posted by: OlsenSan.2987

OlsenSan.2987

I am a new player in this server, boosted my char to lvl 80, but I am having a hard time looking for guild…Noone seems to be interested to invite me -.-

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

I am a new player in this server, boosted my char to lvl 80, but I am having a hard time looking for guild…Noone seems to be interested to invite me -.-

We’ll definitely fix that. Happy to help, Olsen. I’ll get back to you in-game.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Posted by: teppi.6079

teppi.6079

Join the community guild or discord and youll find one in no time. GoM is one of the few linked servers that still have a large number of guilds, ranging from small and more relaxed to larger and more serious.

in Looking for...

Posted by: yumenoriver.5319

yumenoriver.5319

Question: How is the server in general towards trans people? I got called tranny on my last server and do not want to repeat the experience. Yes, this is a new account, for various reasons.

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

Question: How is the server in general towards trans people? I got called tranny on my last server and do not want to repeat the experience. Yes, this is a new account, for various reasons.

We don’t discriminate against people based on their background. GoM is a very open and receptive community.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Mysteriax.6049

Bump! Send me a mail or PM if you have any questions.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness