Just Us Grownups: A New Way to Run a Guild

in Looking for...

Posted by: Neksis Syxx.6983

Neksis Syxx.6983

Our guild, Just Us Grownups [JUGs], is in many ways similar to other adult guilds out there: We’re a casual NA PvE guild for men and women, age 30 and older, who just want to get together and play the game in a drama-free environment. What really sets us apart is how we’ve chosen to run the guild…for one thing, we don’t have officers.

Yep, we did away with them. In [JUGs] it’s the members themselves that run the guild. They’re the ones who have free access to the guild’s resources: they have open access to the guild bank; they can kick off guild missions whenever they want; they can post events on the calendar and it’s their collective vote that makes the decisions for the guild. There are two guild leaders who help facilitate this process but it’s the membership that is the guild’s voice.

When you think about it, we’re all adults here. We know how to “play nice with others” and that you don’t need officers to tell you how to play a video game together. We all just want to take a break from real life and have fun with some friends; you don’t need a guild with a bureaucratic hierarchy to accomplish that. All you really need is the right guild with the right people.

Here’s the basic rundown of what we have to offer:

• A small tight-knit guild comprising an even balance of both men and women
  • A fully upgraded guild hall (Gilded Hollow)
  • A feature and resource-rich web site with an event calendar which anyone can use
  • A Teamspeak3 server
  • A leadership which is always available to listen (anonymously if desired) and to help

Here’s what we want you to bring to the guild:

• A good-natured, positive and respectful personality.
  • Regular social interaction (e.g. Teamspeak, guild chat, etc.) with other members of the guild
  • Active participation in events whether by joining them and/or leading them

If this approach to running a guild sounds like something you’d like to be a part of and want to apply to our guild click here to fill out an application.

If you’re intrigued but want more information about the guild and how it’s run, here are links to:
Our Charter
Our Code of Conduct
How the Guild is Run

…and of course, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here or contact us in-game.

Neksis Syxx.6983
Archranis.2375

See you in game!

Attachments:

Just Us Grown Ups [JUGs] – http://jugs-guild.com

(edited by Neksis Syxx.6983)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Daintrie.7356

Daintrie.7356

I’ve been part of this guild for over a year now and can thoroughly recommend it. I’m from Australia and have always found people to play with, regardless of the time of day or night.

I’ve always been nervous about dungeons and fractals but I have loved it with our guild because they really know how to teach, have endless patience, and the bottom line is having fun. You also get a hard time if you skip the cutscenes which I personally think is pretty awesome being a story focused sort of person.

Many things I love about the guild but the only other thing I will mention is that because we are generally older with children, grandchildren, full-time careers, etc. it gives us a great sense of perspective. If we wipe there is always another attempt or another day. If someone is tired after a busy day at work we take our time.

All I can say is apply now! This instant! Before it’s too late and Primodus takes over Tyriaaaaa!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mike.6285

Mike.6285

If you are an older ‘Big Kid’ looking for a relaxed guild of likeminded Adults, then this just might be the guild for you. I joined the JUGs back in April of this year, after playing the game solo since day 1. Best gaming decision I’ve made. There truly is a great group of folks in the guild. Friendly, helpful and generally a lot of fun to go adventuring with. There is a good atmosphere within the guild and the open concept that allows us Adults to have a level of control over our gaming experience is a refreshing approach to running a guild. There are scheduled events and if none match your time of day, our current interest, you are free to post up an event of your own. Come, give us a look. You just might find a gaming home that suits your needs.

in Looking for...

Neksis Syxx.6983

No politics. No Subterfuge. No drama. What’s not to love?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mike.6285

Mike.6285

Looking for that gaming home where you can hide from your kids? Need a place where the daily drama/grind is put aside? Come give us folks at JUGs a look. We cater to the older gamer who’s looking for some fun escapism. There’s a great relaxed atmosphere where you’re free to just hang out and adventure with like-minded ‘Adults’. We don’t always act our age, but that’s half the fun. We have a good mix of men & women gamers from across all NA time zones, even some players as far away as Australia. There are regularly scheduled events, including the aforementioned Thursday night Fractals. Come, give us a look. You just might find a gaming home that suits your needs.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Can you throw me an invite, 38 year old american that works 3rd shift, only time you’ll see drama from me is if I get irritated about a mechanic; I’m like Bones from Star Trek in that regard, unfortunately it is coupled with the social sensibilities of Michael Scott from the office so I can be a bit dense socially but I’ve got a good heart.

Thank’s for the candid response in game, apparently having strong opinions on the forums regarding a game we all love was a disqualifier; there should be plenty of more pliable happy go lucky folks to choose from.

(edited by Oldirtbeard.9834)

in Looking for...

Neksis Syxx.6983

To a new player or someone returning to the game, the sheer amount of content can be overwhelming. I’m really proud of the members of this guild in how they reach out to those who are new and do everything they can to keep those folks from being ’lost at sea."

I’ve found that, when running with those who are novices to the game, it’s a chance to really “re-appreciate” the details and mechanics of the game which, over time, I may have taken for granted. Another benefit of having novice players in your guild is that you get to listen in on all of the advice given to them and occasionally learn something that you didn’t know—but of course pretending that you already did!

I’m happy that our guild welcomes all, regardless of their skill. I’d have missed out on a lot of fun otherwise.

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

Have you taken on the Chalice of Tears jumping puzzle in Ember Bay yet? Pretty tough, right? Are you someone who struggles doing the JP’s and avoids them? Or maybe you really like doing JP’s, and enjoy helping others do them? Either way, [JUGs] would be a great guild for you. We have lots of Mesmers who are quite good at doing the JP’s and are always ready to lend a hand (and portals) to their guildmates.

So no matter how you feel about JP’s, if you’re a member of [JUGs], they’ll be something you can enjoy. Visit our website to learn more about us and fill out an application.

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

in Looking for...

Neksis Syxx.6983

The respect and goodwill that the members of this guild have for each other and show to those who join is really commendable.

I’ve been in guilds which were just basically a large collection of strangers and everyone really just kept to themselves or huddled up in cliques; if you needed help with something…well good luck in finding it. The folks at JUGs, on the other hand, really perpetuate a sense of community to all who wear the tag.

It’s amazing what you can get if you only have your door open to mature and friendly players. There’s no ranting, griping or folks with chips on their shoulders. The truth be told, we’re just to old for that kind of nonsense.

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

Do you like Fractals? Are you an expert? Noob? Maybe you’ve been shying away from Fractals because you’re not sure how to do them? If you have any interest in Fractals, [JUGs] would be a great guild for you. Lots of our members really enjoy Fractals and run them often. We even regularly have events to teach people new to Fractals how to do them at a pace that’s comfortable for everyone, plenty of time to practice the puzzles, with lots of fun and laughs all around.

So whether you’re a Fractal expert, newbie, or are just getting ready to take your first steps, [JUGs] is a great guild where you will really enjoy “getting your Fractal on”.

in Looking for...

Neksis Syxx.6983

On the weekends we have been running raids. While our guild is fairly new to them, we have members who are fairly accomplished raid runners and they are doing a great job of bringing up the newbies up to speed. The runs have been free of attitude; no finger pointing and negativity. Even with content that is conducive to frustration, everyone has been really laid back and has a good time.

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

[JUGs] wishes everyone a very happy and prosperous New Year, and would especially like to extend a warm welcome to all our new members who have recently joined us. We’re very happy you’ve become part of our guild and we look forward to having lots of great times in GW2 with you!

We’re still looking for new members, so if you’re someone who enjoys playing GW2 with a group of friends and having a great time doing it, then you must check out [JUGs].

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cike.2561

Cike.2561

I have been with this guild for about a year now its a great place to learn, as well as grow as a player. Members have been more than helpful with teaching myself as well as newer players on different mechanics of the game.

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

Have you ever been playing GW2 and been kicked from a group because you made a few mistakes or were going a bit slow while you were learning a new character profession? Well, you won’t have to experience that in [JUGs]. We’re all about enjoying each others’ company and having fun while we’re playing the game — and we have players at all experience levels, and often have events that get tailored for beginners or where skill level isn’t that important. For us, the most important thing is to have a good time.

If you’re looking for a guild where you can really enjoy yourself, and have the chance to play the game with guildmates at a skill level you’re comfortable with, then [JUGs] might be just what you’re looking for. Check us out.

in Looking for...

Cike.2561

Its really nice to have a game to play where its a casual environment filled with grown players who don’t mind stopping what they may be doing to help each other out when its needed.

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

One of the great things about being in a guild is having folks to join you doing game content, whether it’s for some help, or just for fun. [JUGs] is a very sociable guild, and we take that a step further. It’s not unusual to find several people in TeamSpeak just chatting it up, and doing completely different things in the game. In fact, very often there are folks in TeamSpeak who aren’t even playing GW2 at the time — they’re just there to enjoy the company and be sociable.

Fill out an application and come join a great group of sociable, friendly people you can hang out with while you’re playing GW2 (and even when you’re not playing GW2).

in Looking for...

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Out of curiosity, do you only accept people 30yrs and older? Or that was just a metric?

Thanks!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

Out of curiosity, do you only accept people 30yrs and older? Or that was just a metric?

Thanks!

We’re pretty firm on the age requirement, but in the past we’ve made exceptions for folks who are friends/family of current guild members, or who are in their very late 20’s and have made a strong case in their application for us to waive the age requirement; we look at each situation case-by-case.

in Looking for...

Neksis Syxx.6983

Last night we had four groups running fractals at the same time. Not too shabby for a bunch of working folks on a Thursday night!

in Looking for...

Neksis Syxx.6983

Anyone interested in joining our guild, please don’t be disheartened by the thread saying that our recruiting is closed. It definitely isn’t. It’s a necro-post from a year ago.

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

Working on map completion? Finding it a bit boring doing it by yourself? Maybe even sometimes a struggle to get those last few hero points? Your guildmates in [JUGs] are always ready to lend a hand — and you can be sure everyone will have a good time. Check us out and submit an application on our website.

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

Regarding the use of Discord — we may switch to Discord at some point, perhaps, but for the moment, the only voice app we’re using is TeamSpeak3.

(edited by Archranis.2375)

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

Real Life always comes first in [JUGs], so if you ever have to bail on an event or can’t attend something you’ve signed up for because something’s come up, we understand. No [JUGs] guild member is ever made to feel awkward because they need to take care of real-life priorities.

Learn more about us on our website and fill out an application if you think [JUGs] might be the guild for you.

in Looking for...

Posted by: LivinLouD.5328

LivinLouD.5328

Hey I would love to join, I am looking for a family right now so this is perfect

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

Hey I would love to join, I am looking for a family right now so this is perfect

That’s great! You can find the application form on our website here.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Zephin.3521

Zephin.3521

Just one question for you. I see you are on na servers but i cant seem to find anything that mentions which server your guild is on, maybe i over looked something idk. At any rate what server are you on?

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

Just one question for you. I see you are on na servers but i cant seem to find anything that mentions which server your guild is on, maybe i over looked something idk. At any rate what server are you on?

Zephin,
We are based on Jade Quarry primarily, but you can participate with JUGs in PvE activities from any NA server.

I see you have submitted an application, and it has been accepted. Welcome to JUGs!!

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

Sometimes it can be pretty tough completing those achievements that require you to kill the boss in a really short time, avoid getting hit, or could really use the capabilities of a particular profession. Well, you can easily complete those achievements with help from your friends in [JUGs] — and have a lot of fun doing it.

Our guild members are always ready to lend a hand, and you will find that even things that have been a struggle for you in the past, can turn out to be fun when you do them with your friends in [JUGs].

in Looking for...

Neksis Syxx.6983

The activity level of our guildmembers never fails to impress me. We look for people who are going to be active when we accept applications and while it’s easy to say whatever it takes to get approved, the folks we’ve brought into this guild really deliver.

It’s not uncommon to see 30+ folks online and repping during a weekday! Our Event Calendar is full from members posting and hosting their own events and the experienced players are always willing to help out those new to the game.

It does a guild leader proud.

in Looking for...

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

Why is there a need to first create an account on Shivtr only for being able to send an application to JUG? Doesn’t feel funny to get denied and now have an account on Shivtr that is useless.

As a JUG is a PvE Guild why are we on EU being ported from joining? I would understand if we talk about WvW, but in PvE?

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

Why is there a need to first create an account on Shivtr only for being able to send an application to JUG? Doesn’t feel funny to get denied and now have an account on Shivtr that is useless.

As a JUG is a PvE Guild why are we on EU being ported from joining? I would understand if we talk about WvW, but in PvE?

The JUGs website is hosted by Shivtr, so to do anything on a Shivtr-hosted website (including submitting applications to guilds), you need to have a Shivtr account.

GW2 has a restriction that to play together, everyone needs to be on a server in the same region. Although JUGs welcomes members from everywhere geographically, the game limits our ability to play together by requiring that we are on servers from the same region. JUGS just happens to be on NA servers. But we have members from all over the world, including Europe, India, Australia, and North America — just everyone plays GW on an NA-based server. Here is a link to a thread on this topic from some time ago. We wish that the server/region limitation wasn’t there, but unfortunately, that’s how the game works.

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

A casual guild running Raids? Say What?!?!

Yep, [JUGs] is getting more and more into Raids. After experimenting with it for a while, there is a growing interest among our members to do the Raid content, and since we’re a member-driven guild, we’re now running Raids. The important thing is that we are, and always will be, a casual guild.

So to facilitate running Raid content as something that guildies can do with each other as part of [JUGs], and in keeping with the “new way to run a guild theme,” this is our approach: We’re creating a “Raid Squad” that will take on the Raid content in the way it was intended (i.e., not-so-casual, meta-everything, focus on taking down the bosses, and so on.). But the squad will also be doing runs in a more casual way, to allow the other members of the guild some experience with the Raid content and giving everyone a chance to try out new builds/professions in the actual Raid scenarios, without the pressure of focusing on defeating the bosses and meta-everything. Over time, we plan to increase the size of the Raid Squad as guild members become more experienced doing the Raid content, and want to take it on in a more serious fashion.

If you’d be interested in running Raid content in a somewhat-serious way, but also want the relaxed, friendly atmosphere of being in a casual guild, you should check out [JUGS].

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

Anet is making good on the promise to deliver new content every few months, and the new Living World 3 maps have been great. The new content can be even more fun, exploring and working on the achievements with your friends in JUGs! You can fill out an application on our website here.

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

[JUGs] is a fully-upgraded guild, and when guild upgrades become available, one of the first things we do is come up with a plan to get them all. Then we work together as a team to get them done. The best part is that there is never any pressure for anyone to donate their time or materials for the upgrades. We simply identify what we need as a guild to accomplish the goal, and our members contribute what/when they can.

Come be part of the [JUGs] team. Visit our website and fill out an application.

in Looking for...

Neksis Syxx.6983

In the past month we’ve seen quite a few new folks come aboard and I have to say that I can’t be happier with how they’ve become integral members of our guild.

The participation level in events and interaction with other guild members has really helped to make our guild a great one to be a part of. Thanks folks!

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

If you’re looking for a casual PvE guild of adults that isn’t a cookie-cutter copy of other guilds, then [JUGs] might be the perfect guild for you. We’ve done away with complicated rules and hierarchies of leaders. Instead, we’ve put the main focus on what we really are all about: Having a good time playing Guild Wars 2 and hanging out with our guild-mates.

Our two leaders keep things running smoothly and for the guidelines that we do have, most would consider them common courtesy. If you’d like to learn more about us, we invite you to visit our website and fill out an application.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or send them to us with in-game mail.

Archranis.2375
Neksis Syxx.6983

in Looking for...

Cike.2561

I have been with the guild for about a year or so now and its great not having the pressure that I have had with other guilds in other games. We like to work as a group to teach new players as well as have fun (raids/t4 fractals) with more experienced players. There is always something to do on the guild calendar most every night of the week.

in Looking for...

Archranis.2375

Please see our new lgf/recruitment thread here.