LF server with decent WvW

in Looking for...

Posted by: JoeVertigo.9236

JoeVertigo.9236

And by decent I really only have two things in mind:

1. Low queues. I’m sure there’s some great WvW on top servers, but it’s irrelevant to me if I have to wait 60mins to be able to join in.
2. 24/7 action. What I mean by that is that I want to log on in the middle of the night or early in the morning and actually be able to do something and not just run away from enemy zergs.

I really don’t care about winning or losing. I don’t care about “mature community”, because the term doesn’t mean anything. I don’t care about karma trains because nobody forces me to join them. I don’t care about server celebrities and “cutesy events”. I just want to hop in, have some roaming fun, join some sieges and have the feeling that at most times of the day (and night) guilds, randoms, roamers and commanders are actually trying to push forward.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

in Looking for...

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

Sanctum of Rall is probably your best bet at finding a stable 24/7 and very organized WvW server, you can send people over to scout the server and talk to any of its people at any time, its a good choice if you want a really good fight being both organized and the perpetual underdog.
Other servers will be happy to have you though, in fact you will or already have received an offer for several thousand gold +transfer fees covered to transfer to one particularly stacked server but in the end its up to you, from what I know servers like Sor will be against paying you to come over to the server outside of requested assistance with transfer costs, other servers will be the opposite and use gold as one of the primary incentives regardless or the circumstances. Sor will not pay to to transfer to the server though outside of requested assistance for transfer costs in case of many stuck members.

GL at finding a new home though hope to see you on the battlefield whichever side youre on hopefully you make the right choice

(edited by SpehssMehreen.5897)

in Looking for...

JoeVertigo.9236

Seeing how SoR is kinda in the middle of Gold League, I’d expect noticeable queues, is this assumption wrong here?

Also, I have no idea why would anyone in their right mind pay several thousand gold for a single guy changing servers, but I’d sure embrace such opportunity.

in Looking for...

Posted by: bokunocarrie.7215

bokunocarrie.7215

And by decent I really only have two things in mind:

1. Low queues. I’m sure there’s some great WvW on top servers, but it’s irrelevant to me if I have to wait 60mins to be able to join in.
2. 24/7 action. What I mean by that is that I want to log on in the middle of the night or early in the morning and actually be able to do something and not just run away from enemy zergs.

I really don’t care about winning or losing. I don’t care about “mature community”, because the term doesn’t mean anything. I don’t care about karma trains because nobody forces me to join them. I don’t care about server celebrities and “cutesy events”. I just want to hop in, have some roaming fun, join some sieges and have the feeling that at most times of the day (and night) guilds, randoms, roamers and commanders are actually trying to push forward.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Come to ET! Since we’re Bronze, we only really have bad queues on reset night, if at all. We always have people on and we’d love to have you join us!

blackgate #FHDFriday

in Looking for...

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Your requirements contradict each other to a certain extent, depending on how you define 24/7 action. Most servers would have a presence 24/7 at least, but if you want something approaching even (“not running from enemy zergs”) then your best bets are also sadly servers that tend to queue a lot.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

ET rarely and I mean rarely has queues. It is shocking to me to have a queue though they do happen on reset night.

If you enjoy roaming primarily, I think lower tiers are better. I’d say you can join any of the bronze league servers and be set. I know most about ET since that is my home server. ET has two roaming guilds – BS & KCRO if you are interested in people to roam with.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Looking for...

JoeVertigo.9236

I guess you guys unconsciously gave me an advice to move from EU to NA servers where the playing hours might be somewhat evened out throughout the day. Would that be correct?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I think the server that best meets your standards is Sea of Sorrows. With decent coverage in NA, Oceanic, and SEA times (even some EU) we do have at least modest coverage in our less populated hours and some great coverage from NA thru SEA.
The best part is that we have the shortest queues in Gold League (the worst I’ve heard lately is 10 min. on reset night for EB, and most nights no queues)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

You should wait until the leagues are over. Currently several servers are getting queues because their maps are getting filled with achievement hunters. Once the leagues are over it’ll be a lot easier to find a server with 24/7 action and small queues. Since you’re euro I’d recommend looking at silver league servers like Far Shiverpeaks. Gandara/Desolation will most likely have queues during prime time. Far Shiverpeaks has NA coverage and oceanic/sea prime time most EU servers have some sort of presence as you should know.

in Looking for...

JoeVertigo.9236

Yeah, I wouldn’t say “most” EU servers have stable presence throughout the day. And once current season is over there’s gonna be another one (?) at some point so I wouldn’t worry about that in the long run. If it’s not achievement hunters it’s jumping puzzle taxi raids or other hilarious stuff.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Were you looking for EU server recommendations? The original post didn’t specify and I guess most people suggested their own server.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Looking for...

JoeVertigo.9236

I put [EU] in the title of the thread but removed it afterwards. After thinking about it I don’t think I care which servers are we talking about, especially that a lot of people report no lag issues when playing on “non-native” servers.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I’ll refrain from posting about Euro servers since I don’t know much about them.
For the NA servers, what you described basically comes down to tier 2 and tier 3.
You seem to be knowledgable enough in WvW to know what you want from it.
Tarnished Coast, Sea of Sorrows, Maguuma, Stormbluff Isle, Fort Aspenwood all offer good 24/7 fights with minimal queues. If you go tier 1 you risk queues, if you go lower than Fort Aspenwood you will lack the 24/7 coverage and round the clock fights as anything lower than rank 8 in NA suffers a lot from dead time zones.

~Tarnished Coast~

(edited by Shonie.5297)