in Looking for...

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

Are you in EU or NA?

[LFG] Fractal 100 Challenge

in Looking for...

Posted by: TheShniper.1852

TheShniper.1852

It is supposed to be that way… Technically to get the backpiece u need to get your personal reward lvl to 100 to access it but like most people we take the easy way and get an “opener” i have ad infinitum but personally i think you shouldnt have been able to get it witbout having to do every fractal 1-100 which means all the fractal scale achievements done. Would have made much more sense to do it that way.

in Looking for...

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

It is supposed to be that way… Technically to get the backpiece u need to get your personal reward lvl to 100 to access it but like most people we take the easy way and get an “opener” i have ad infinitum but personally i think you shouldnt have been able to get it witbout having to do every fractal 1-100 which means all the fractal scale achievements done. Would have made much more sense to do it that way.

That would have been a hard pill for a lot of players to swallow considering they revamped the fractal scale achievements when ad infinitum was released. So everyone, regardless of prior fractal level, would need to re-do 1-100 again.
You may feel differently, but I would have been really annoyed.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

While I’m not a big fan of the lockouts of the LFG system, I do kind of undertand them.

Having run quite a lot of fractals during each iteration of the system I can with full confidence say this:

- fractals at lower levels are in general way worse than at high levels. Even though the difficulty increases, the inexperience of players at lower levels makes some runs painful

- players look for shortcuts all the time be it by joining fractal groups with lower than minimum AR or rerunning the simplest fractals possible

- running fractals 76+ you can almost immediately spot players who got “carried”. This becomes especially evident when running non-ideal comps where each reflect, aegis, heal is valuable.

As is right now, the lockout basically force people to fight themselves through arguably the toughest fractals (based on a mix of difficulty and inexperience) with suboptimal players learning the mechanics until they can join the next tier of difficulty (as well as gear up during the process). It’s far from perfect, but I’d rather have it this way then have a bigger chuck of inexperienced players join high rank fractal groups in hopes of getting carried (which is possible but quite a bit harder without direct access to the LFG).

Giving everyone access to high rank fractals would just let elitism get out of hand. Players would demand even more AP, linking of gear, etc. just to preotect themselves of inexperienced players (something I personally find stupid but can understand).

(edited by Cyninja.2954)