LGBTQ, women-friendly guild on SOR

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sanguina X.8301

Sanguina X.8301

Hi! I’m looking for an LGBTQ-friendly, women-friendly guild on the Sanctum of Rall server. I’d like a guild where I won’t see kitten jokes in the chat and won’t be assumed to be inferior just because I’m a woman. No rep requirement would be nice. I’m helpful and friendly, play PVE, ankitten ot very good at dungeons, but willing to learn. I have an level 80 Sylvari ranger, and a level 30-something Norn mesmer. Thanks!

- Sanguina X

in Looking for...

Posted by: RedJustice.1548

RedJustice.1548

Hi Sanguina! Sounds like you have previously had some poor experiences; I’m sorry. My gaming community, MadCast Gaming is not specifically an LGBT or women’s community, but we are very strict about respect, tolerance, and maturity. You will be very welcome and safe in MadCast! I say this as an elected female senior admin of the community. We have many women in our community, several other female admins, and while I don’t believe we have a large number of LGBTQ members (I’m bi), you will certainly not see crass language, harassment, or “jokes” in our community. Reports of harassment and such are taken extremely seriously. People will be banned pretty quickly for behavior like that. Whatever your sexuality, we don’t really care so long as you are an awesome person and a positive contributor to our community! Besides that, MadCast is on Sanctum of Rall, and we have no rep requirements. ^^ So far, a great fit!

MadCast is a gaming community that is bigger than GW2, but we are working on growing our GW2 sector right now. You can check out our website at http://www.madcastgaming.com. I especially suggest you look through the forums some to get a feel for what we are all about, and the other games we play! Here are some points you may find attractive about MadCast:

• We have a mature community. While MadCast has no specific age requirements we do have high expectations for maturity. You will find kind, patient people and no drama. The vast majority of our members are over 18 (especially in GW2). Most of our GW2 members are older with careers, and many have families and children.
  • We are a serious community with casual gameplay. In other words, the main expectations we have for members revolves around positive contribution to the community and not on a packed GW2 schedule attendance. If you are active in the forums and just show up to a few times a week, that is good enough for us. Additionally, because we are casual our community is made out of all levels of players. We have many very new players, some new to gaming in general, and our environment is built on kindness and helpfulness. People will be happy to answer you questions and guide you through things no matter how basic or advanced.
  • We have a super awesome, active TeamSpeak group. We enforce strict rules of respectfulness and tolerance among our players, making it a safe friendly place for everyone. People of all types feel comfortable joining in the conversation and making new friends. If you just want to be quiet and listen in, that’s okay too.
  • Our community is bigger than in-game. We have a website with a lot of activity and heavy forum use. This is a huge asset because we have people who play all kinds of games over at MadCast, and the forums really serve as the uniting factor among people.

If you check out our website, you will see information about becoming a Full Member of MadCast. This is not something you need to do right away. Our guild welcomes ‘Associate’ Members, meaning we will add you to the guild, you are free to use our TeamSpeak and join our Forums, but you do not have complete access rights for inviting people to the guild yourself, or accessing certain Full Member parts of our forum. This is a good way to find out if MadCast is the right fit for you before applying. In the long run, to gain any ranking position, we require people to be an official MadCast Full Member.

If you want to, I would encourage you to join us in our TeamSpeak (you can find information about that here: http://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/topic/5177-intro-madcast-teamspeak-3-server/). Alternatively, you can private message me in game, and I would be happy to add you in to one of our parties. Most nights at around 8 PM EST we group up to run through daily achievements together and help our lower level players level or do map completion. It’s a good way to meet people.

If you have any questions you can message me in game, post here, or join our forums and ask there. I am at work for another 3 hours, so I will not be available in-game until then. Good luck finding a place for you! <3

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jevati.4328

Jevati.4328

Hiya Sanguina! I don’t think my guild would be a good fit for you (even though we’re an LGBTQ guild and very safe for women) because we require 90% rep (outside of the Tequatl killing guild and the Guild Missions guild), plus we’re on Tarnished Coast, but you might be interested in Our Sanctuary. They’re an LGBTQ guild on Tarnished Coast, but many of their members are on other servers and just guest over to do things. I hope you find a good fit. =)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sanguina X.8301

Sanguina X.8301

Redjustice, I would be very interested in joining the Madcast guild. Thank you!

- Sanguina X

in Looking for...

Posted by: RedJustice.1548

RedJustice.1548

Awesome Sanguina! We are running Guild Missions tonight— I will try to contact you if you are online. Our TS3 server is currently being upgraded and we don’t have an ETA on if it will be done in 15 minutes or 6 hours. T_T We will be coordinating through guild chat lol.

In the meantime, please feel free to post an introduction thread on our website, or just lurk around there to check it out since you can’t meet people on TS. ^^