Looking for a friendly guild.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Copeh.5842

Copeh.5842

Hullo thurr~

I’m pretty new, just started playing this game a few weeks ago. I may be a newb, but I’m a dedicated newb who wants to be part of a fun, social guild. I live in the US but sometimes play during unusual hours. Night owl, bby. I’m a bit shy at first, but once I find a comfortable place, people will find that I’m fiercely loyal and silly. I have a tendency to sometimes use caps when excited, and generally use lots of emotes. People who don’t like that should not invite me into their guild, as I want a place where I am free to be my self without bothering peeps.

In general I don’t know a great deal about mmo games. I’ve only played one mmo before so I’m a bit iffy when it comes to some terminology and whatnot. I learn quick though and am eager to contribute!

So far I only have one character, a level 59 necromancer on the Stormbluff Isle server. I’d prefer a guild on that same server so I can eventually do all potential activities with guildies, buuuuut I know it doesn’t always work out that way. For all I know, I may not even like the features that are restricted to a person’s home server. Because of that I’d like to encourage any friendly guilds to tell me about them, regardless of server! The preference thing isn’t mandatory.

..I guess that’s about it. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this!

in Looking for...

Posted by: RedJustice.1548

RedJustice.1548

Hullo thurr Copeh! ^^ Welcome to GW2! You sound like a funny person It sounds like MadCast could be the right fit for you, but there are many great communities out there, and I hope you find the right one for you!

My guild, MadCast Gaming, is on Sanctum of Rall (I actually came from Stormbluff Isle myself!), but you can feel free to guest for as long as you want. Some of our members never transfer, so that is ok, but if you ever want to transfer in the future, we are happy to help dedicated and involved members save for the transfer.

To guest on a server, go to your character select screen. In the bottom left hard side is a button for select your server. You can click on any server on the list that you would. Two buttons show, one for guesting and one for transferring. Guesting lasts for 24 hrs or until you log out, so whenever you want to play on your guild server you will have to pull up the menu and select it. This is fast and easy though, so you will probably not find it inconvenient.

Anyway, MadCast is a gaming community that is bigger than GW2, but we are working on growing our GW2 sector right now. You can check out our website at http://www.madcastgaming.com. I especially suggest you look through the forums some to get a feel for what we are all about! Here are some points you may find attractive about MadCast:

• We have a mature community. While MadCast has no specific age requirements we do have high expectations for maturity. You will find kind, patient people and no drama. The vast majority of our members are over 18 (especially in GW2). Most of our GW2 members are older with careers, and many have families and children.
  • We are a serious community with casual gameplay. In other words, the main expectations we have for members revolves around positive contribution to the community and not on a packed GW2 schedule attendance. If you are active in the forums and show up to a few events a week, that is good enough for us. Additionally, because we are casual our community is made out of all levels of players. We have many very new players, some new to gaming in general, and our environment is built on kindness and helpfulness. People will be happy to answer you questions and guide you through things no matter how basic or advanced.
  • We have a super awesome, active TeamSpeak group. We enforce strict rules of respectfulness and tolerance among our players, making it a safe friendly place for everyone. People of all types feel comfortable joining in the conversation and making new friends.
  • Our community is bigger than in-game. We have a website with a lot of activity and heavy forum use. This is a huge asset because we have people who play all kinds of games over at MadCast, and the forums really serve as the uniting factor among people.

If you check out our website, you will see information about becoming a Full Member of MadCast. This is not something you need to do right away. Our guild welcomes ‘Associate’ Members, meaning we will add you to the guild, you are free to use our TeamSpeak and join our Forums, but you do not have complete access rights for inviting people to the guild yourself, or accessing certain Full Member parts of our forum. This is a good way to find out if MadCast is the right fit for you before applying. In the long run, to gain any ranking position, we require people to be an official MadCast Full Member.

If you want to, I would encourage you to join us in our TeamSpeak (you can find information about that here: http://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/topic/5177-intro-madcast-teamspeak-3-server/). Alternatively, you can private message me in game, and I would be happy to add you in to one of our parties.

If you have any questions you can message me in game, post here, or join our forums and ask there. Good luck finding a place for you! <3

in Looking for...

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Hey, Copeh! Welcome to Tyria. ^^

I’m afraid my guild isn’t primarily based on Stormbluff Isle- though we accept members from any NA server, we’re primarily located on Tarnished Coast. We’ll still be able to do all PvE content (including dungeons and guild missions) together via guesting,, as well as sPvP, but you won’t be able to do World vs. World with anyone on a different server, nor access the guild bank and other guild upgrades (which are small boosts to magic find, exp, etc).

If you’re all right with that, though, then allow me to pitch my guild, Ember Solace [SOL], to you. To summarize some things in our GW2 forum recruitment post and our /r/guildrecruitment post, we are a guild devoted to making a warm, welcoming space for LGBTQ individuals, women, and other groups that have faced discrimination and harassment in MMOs and reality, as well as their allies. We take our safe space seriously and do not allow any prejudiced attitudes or comments- everyone deserves respect and affirmation.

Gameplay-wise, we are a casual/social PvX guild. We dabble in a bit of everything, but if you’re not interested in a certain part of the game, you won’t be forced to participate in it. If you have RL obligations and have to take a hiatus or get pulled out of the game, that’s perfectly all right with us. Real life comes first.

Socially, we’re a small guild that’s focused on the person behind the avatar. We often chat about real life in /guild, from our favorite TV shows, to cooking, to issues concerning the LGBTQ community. New players are very welcome- people here like answering questions and understand that we all start somewhere. We also have guild forums that are used daily.

This is what we’re looking for in our recruits:

-Members who not only tolerate the LGBTQ community, women, and other marginalized groups, but respect and affirm others regardless of their identity. For example, someone who refrains from harassing LGBTQ members but still believes homosexuality is sinful, wrong, or a kind of disease does not belong with us.

-Members who respect the safe space and are mature enough to understand that racist/homophobic/sexist slurs, casual use of the word “r*pe,” and humor at the expense of another’s trauma or identity are not okay, and that “I was just kidding” or “I didn’t mean any harm” are never excuses for offensive behavior. (Darn forum filter bleeped out the word.)

-Members who respect others’ playstyles and experience levels- members who will not berate others for making mistakes in a dungeon, who will not insult someone for wearing Knight’s gear instead of full zerk, who will keep a cool head during wipes or strings of PvP losses, who will not insult someone for being a casual, hardcore, or roleplayer. Remember that we are all here to have fun.

-Members who enjoy interacting with others, are newbie-friendly, and enjoy learning and teaching. New players are absolutely welcome here.

For more information, feel free to visit the recruitment posts I linked earlier, or drop by our forums at http://www.embersolaceguild.com.

I wish you the best of luck finding a guild that fits you. ^^

PS: We have a member here who loves to use emotes and caps and is very silly, so I think we’d get along just fine on that respect.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

in Looking for...

Posted by: Bevillian.1260

Bevillian.1260

[Herb] on Blackgate is accepting applications. Our recruitment thread is here. Thanks for your time

Guild Wars 2 Needs Hall of Heroes

in Looking for...

Posted by: Barinthus.8347

Barinthus.8347

Honestly, it sounds like you’d be perfect for us. I tend to play at odd hours so most guilds I’m in are often inactive during those hours. So I decided to try to create a guild of fellow players who have odd hours. And I like people to be themselves as long they’re not actively trying to annoy others ha. I get hyper pretty often so let’s bounce once in a while – even if you don’t give us a try, friend me anyway.

Hello! Here’s Armed and Dangerous Tree Octopi!

It’s a brand new guild so our roster is very small still but the main goal is to create a space for players who often play during late server hours (approximately 9pm to 2am PST or GMT -8). How does this work? Because we do not have representation requirement, whenever you log in and there’s nobody else active in your regular guild you can switch to our guild to find like-minded players to spend time with until your regular guild roster becomes more active then you are free to switch back. No hassle, no guilt, and worry-free!

We are PvX although probably a bit more on PvE side at the moment. Since we prefer drama-free atmosphere we prefer you to be 18 years old or older and be mature. Having fun is our motto – anything goes as long you do not violate Anet’s Code of Conduct and know how to treat your fellow guildmates.

Do note that we are on Jade Quarry. While you don’t have to be on the same server, for some people it can be a deal breaker.

Come and be part of something new! What do you have to lose? After all you can join up to 5 guilds and with this one you don’t have to worry to meet any representation quota or whatnot. Look up my account name or my character name Judoc Layghlin if you are interested.

Seeking Deaf Players. People who don’t use voice software welcome too!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deadnight.5948

Deadnight.5948

SOR – [BURN] recruiting All time zones
International players are welcome too.
South East Asians highly reccomended. Mainly from Singapore/Hong Kong/Malaysia/Korea/TW
We have a couple of Americans and Aussies.

[BURN] is established on Oct 2013, recruiting mature and laidback players
We have many dungeon masters and active dungeon players daily.
We are looking for members to grow the guild together as a community.

1. Weekly Guild Missions on Saturday nights
Currently on Guild Trek,Rush,Bounty and Challenge. GUILD PUZZLE coming soon
2. Weekly inhouse Guild sPVP
3. Weekly guild WvWvW
4. Guild event depending on the living story if needed for completion in big groups.

Prime time: 6:30p.m(+8gmt) or 3:30am server time. (SEA/OCEANIC)
Other Prime Times are (-5gmt, -6utc) as well as others.

Main language: English
Others: Canton, Mandarin.

We have Raidcall, Forum, Facebook and Youtube.

Highly recommend:
-Female friendly
-Newbie Friendly
-Mulit-Server Friendly
-Just want to have a fun and good time in WvW (nothing too hardcore)
-Sociable people who want to make new friends.
-Casual PVE and fractals.
-SG/MY/HK/AUS/TW

Try us for a week, if we’re not a good fit for you we’ll understand. It’s about the community that suits you, not the numbers.
Check out our guild video by http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN1c9UUtwHI
Send me a mail ingame if you are interested.

in Looking for...

Posted by: HaloaOhana.2073

HaloaOhana.2073

Hi there!

The Remnants of Hope is based on Tarnished Coast and offers PvX, RP, and WvW while maintaining a fun and social atmosphere in ts3 and guild chat. We don’t really have a mold for you to try and fit to. The biggest asset in the guild is the community. We have several different aspects that you can play in or just hang out with us in guild chat and/or ts3 and do nothing. Whatever makes the time that you have to game the best!

We welcome all levels/classes/play styles/ etc. If you like to have fun and want a good guild to hang out with and play with then we are it!

If you would like to know more please visit http://www.remnantsofhope.com/gw2 and/or send me a message in game.

Recruitment officer for Remnants of Hope

in Looking for...

Posted by: The Rogue.1328

The Rogue.1328

Badgers Against Dragons [BAD] is a new casual PvE guild based on Aurora Glade.
What to expect from us
- Exploration and map completion
- Story assistance
- Dungeon runs with no pressure (meaning no from our guild will get grumpy if we wipe)
- Some PvP when the mood takes us
- A fun and engaging atmosphere
- Regularly online but not always (sorry but we have other commitments and we don’t expect you to be on all the time either)
What we expect from you
- A sense of humour
- Basic English
- A willingness to help your fellow guildies
We currently have players on Far Shiverpeaks and Seafarers Rest as well as AG and are welcoming players from all EU servers..
We have a website but it is in its begginer stages at the moment: http://bad.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=494290&TabID=4255303
If anyone’s interested in joining then PM me or send an in game mail.
You can send me or the leader, AdaephonDelat, a PM and we can let you in the guild

I am the official recruiter for Badgers Against Dragons, So PM me if you want a place
Check out our recruitment thread here
And our website here