Looking for a place to belong

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shadou.7436

Shadou.7436

New-ish player here, looking for a place I can belong. I want to join a group of players that can joke and have fun and play around, and yet that still acknowledge that there are people on the other side of the screen. I want to find a group I can fit into that has fun, but doesn’t do it at the expense of others. A group that can win or lose against one another, and still be friends at the end of the day. A group who respects their enemies, and whose enemies count them as deserving of respect.

I know there’s little hope of finding such a group anywhere on the internet, where compassion is dead and anonymity allows people to be terrible to each other without consequence, but if such a group exists, I want to be part of it.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Resurrected.4132

Resurrected.4132

Hey,

That sounds very much like my guild. However you don’t say what server you are on.

in Looking for...

Posted by: AriaSilverfyre.8702

AriaSilverfyre.8702

Greetings to you Shadou.

Maybe I have what you’re looking for. I might have what you’re seeking. My guild is called The Gryphons Aerie and we’re a smaller, casual yet social, 18+ PvE/RP family on Tarnished Coast. Some of our members also enjoy WvsW/sPvP and we do have our own arena. We also have a variety of member-hosted events that change every week.

We know that RL comes first and stress that fact. We’ll still be there even if you can’t for a bit of time.

We are focused on providing a place where people can feel comfortable and as though they are more than just a name on the roster. We want everyone to feel like family. We’re willing to help out with any and all questions as best as we can. Knowledge of and/ or participation in RP is not required. We’ll teach you if you want to learn, but there’s no pressure. We don’t do the “speed runs”, exploits, etc when it comes to dungeons or Fractals either.

There is also no requirement to be representing us at all times. It’s not our business to tell you who you can and cannot associate with; that choice is yours alone. All we ask is that you give us some time too.

We also have a TeamSpeak 3, but it’s use is on a purely optional basis. Most of our chatter is on the guild channel.

For more information…

…check out our Recruitment Post here on these forums:

…or go directly to our guild website

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to drop me a note or contact me in game (Aria Silverfyre) and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Guild Leader of ’"The Gryphons Aerie [REST]": A PvE/RP family
Join Us – http://www.thegryphonsaerie.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jevati.4328

Jevati.4328

Heya Shadou. Having fun but not at the expense of others is super important to me, too. It can be really frustrating to be having a good time with people, and then all of a sudden have someone make a hurtful comment about you or people like you. I’m not sure which server you’re on, but if you’re on Tarnished Coast or willing to guest to Tarnished Coast, I really feel like Ember Solace would be a good fit for you. We’re a small, newer guild of people who genuinely care about each other. We support each other and send good vibes if people have to get surgery or are going on vacation or have a performance coming up. I’ve worked hard to help carve out a safe space where people can feel comfortable being close and really getting to know each other. In our recruitment post, we have more information about us, and our forums have our full Purpose and Principles (so you can get a feel for what we’re all about and what kind of guidelines we have for our community). If you’re interested, please feel free to fill out an application on our forums (that’s how we keep the safe space in tact and ensure our members have a wonderful community). And if you have any questions, please let me know. =)

in Looking for...

Posted by: iziero.3924

iziero.3924

Hello!

Serenity’s Edge [TRE] is a GMT +8 Sanctum of Rall guild that focuses on PvE with a little bit of wvw! We are a pretty medium sized group with about 10-15 people online at a time.

We are a fun and loving community that enjoys playing games together! Most of our player based are mostly from the SEA region, from Singapore and Malaysia, although we also have guildees from US and Europe. Not only do we have a sizable community in Guild Wars 2, we also have people playing other games such as Final Fantasy, Company of Heroes 2 and the upcoming Battlefield 4, etc! We are very happy to help out in dungeons, fractals or any living story content and to help each other get all those yummy achievements.

We also have a Facebook page and Teamspeak 3 server where we keep in contact with each other on gaming related stuff!

Fully upgraded Guild
– Guild missions weekly at 5.15am (server time)
– Guild bank tabs where we share items with one another
– Magic Find and Gathering Bonus buffs are always up (with waypoint reduction cost activated on weekends)

Other Weekly Scheduled events
- WvW nights on Tuesday and Thursday nights 4.30am (server time)
- Karka queen raids on Sundays 5am (server time)
- Meta/JP nites on Fridays & Saturdays, 4am (server time)

Feel free to contact me if your interested or have any questions

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shadou.7436

Shadou.7436

My apologies for neglecting to post my server. I’m currently situated on Fort Aspenwood. I’m not particularly interested at this time in spending the cash necessary to transfer servers. (EDIT: Actually, I’ve only got one character, and everything I care about fits in my bank. So I can do a transfer if I delete my one character.)

I’ve played MMOs since 1999, starting with Everquest, touched Ultima Online, did a little Dark Age of Camelot, but most of my time has been spent on either Everquest or World of Warcraft.

I love taking on challenges. I like a tough game. The challenge of a speed run calls out to me, and succeed or fail, I always plan to do better the next time. But the most fun I have is when I’m endeavoring to complete a challenge in a group. I love the challenge of raiding. I love the effort involved in coordinating different groups to achieve something.

I just hate it when that turns bad. When people start blaming each other, when the focus turns from “What can I do better” to “What they did wrong”. And then people start to argue and hurl obscenities at each other, forgetting that there’s another person on the other end of the screen.

I know I may seem completely naïve, having an attitude of “Can’t we all get along?” toward that kind of behavior. I just don’t believe that we should ever forget that there’s a person there we’re being hateful toward.

(edited by Shadou.7436)

in Looking for...

Posted by: AriaSilverfyre.8702

AriaSilverfyre.8702

I just hate it when that turns bad. When people start blaming each other, when the focus turns from “What can I do better” to “What they did wrong”. And then people start to argue and hurl obscenities at each other, forgetting that there’s another person on the other end of the screen.

I know I may seem completely naïve, having an attitude of “Can’t we all get along?” toward that kind of behavior. I just don’t believe that we should ever forget that there’s a person there we’re being hateful toward.

You’re not alone in that line of thinking there.

Guild Leader of ’"The Gryphons Aerie [REST]": A PvE/RP family
Join Us – http://www.thegryphonsaerie.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Resurrected.4132

Resurrected.4132

Hi Shadou,

Free Armed Ronin of Tyria are a US/UK run guild based on the Ferguson’s Crossing server. We have just set up and are run as a casual mature guild as we all know that real life more often that not comes before gaming unless you are young and not working (oh to be both again!).

Here is a little bit about us:

The Free Armed Ronin of Tyria has been formed by Sto & Res; both of us long time gamers. We are from the US & UK respectively and met in another GW2 guild. After being there for some time we decided it was the right time to move on and set up a guild of our own that will (hopefully) appeal to many players out there who cannot find a guild that gives them all they want.

What type of guild are we?

A newly formed casual, mature guild.

What can you expect from us?

We know that real life comes first and with that in mind we are a casual guild, and will not expect any member to log in to a set schedule. Although if you join us we will expect you to represent us. Why? Because above all we want to develop a great spirit and community atmosphere. We believe this can only be accomplished if members take part. After all, you would not join a football team and then not take part in games with them!

We will look to accommodate all types of player – PvE, PvP, WvW, Dungeon & Fractal. How? We will be looking for leaders that enjoy these aspects of the game and will look to develop these members to lead in their area of skill & expertise. So if you enjoy PvP but PvE bores you we will have events for you, and the same with other areas of the game.

What do we expect from you?

Simple – to take part, be friendly to other members, represent us, and above all have fun and don’t take things seriously. After all, our tag is FART…

We have voice comms and encourage members to use this so we all get to know each other. Our website can be viewed here

You are welcome to guest with us to see if we are a fit. Hope to hear from you.

in Looking for...

Posted by: HaloaOhana.2073

HaloaOhana.2073

Hi there!

The Remnants of Hope is based on Tarnished Coast and offers PvX, RP, and WvW while maintaining a fun and social atmosphere in both guild chat and TS3. We love to have a good time with each other but never at the expense of hurting someone else. We are a close knit group that feels like a large family and pride ourselves on being mature. Now with that being said we also like to do fun events like hide and go seek in cities etc but we never have fun at the expense of another.

If you like to know more please visit http://www.remnantsofhope.com/gw2 and/or send me a message in game.

Recruitment officer for Remnants of Hope

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

Hi Shadou! have the guild for you!
I run an 115+ man guild called Mysteriax Gaming [MxG]. We are based in the NA server Gate of Madness.
We are an active group of guildies, and we also respect our players and the community. We also make mistakes in our adventuring, but we learn from them and don’t blame anyone.

Check out our Guild Website: www.gw2mxg.weebly.com

PM me if you have any questions or are interested in joining Mysteriax Gaming. Good luck Shadou!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Mysteriax.6049)

in Looking for...

Posted by: ValKere.1645

ValKere.1645

We’d be glad to have you! I have a small but growing guild on Darkhaven (with members on Desolation as well -contact Yukidaruma.3269). Warriors of United Darkness in a casual PvX guild, we’ve started doing Bounty Training and Dungeon Runs with more events coming as soon as possible. We focus on helping players with tactics and just learning different mechanics of GW2. PM if interested, and we do allow guests if you’d like to see how you like the group. You can contact me (ValKere.1645 or Leiyoria in game) or the Sergeant Dragoril (Dragoril.7356)

in Looking for...

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in Looking for...

Posted by: Hellfire.3591

Hellfire.3591

Looking for a witty and fun group to hang out with that can spank some mobs one moment and WvW invaders the next? Then come join the fun with UM! We are a FULLY upgraded guild. We are currently looking for more active members to join our ranks. Must have an interest of any level (at least some or full) in PvE and WvW as we are a PvX guild.

You don’t necessarily have to be good, that part will come ;D Just have a love for chatting and killing some nerds! Scheduled Events across all platforms of the game! (all optional but encouraged) – Daily Dungeons. Fractals. Guild Missions. – sPvP and tPvP – 2 WvW Nights Fully upgraded – All guild missions available – 3 guild bank tabs for sharing mats, dungeon potions, food for lvling, siege etc. – 24/7 Magic Find and Gathering Bonus buffs – Scheduled crafting, gold, and experience buffs! Extremely Social -

Website with Forums – Teampseak with users on usually at all hours – Monthly movie/drinking nights and games (UM favorite) – Contests with $$ prizes – 99.9% drama free We are here to have an enjoyable experience! Leave the dirt outside. – We are friendly, love to joke, and socialize creating long term friendships

Have Questions? Msg any one of our mods or leaders and we would be more than happy to help! Rits.4036, Jinxey.4173, Redivivus.9253, Hellfire.3591 or check out our recruitment threadwith more details. Sounds like we are the perfect fit for you? Check us out at theunholymackerels.enjin.com to apply!

(edited by Hellfire.3591)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jadefire.7642

Jadefire.7642

Beer n Peanuts [BNP]
Server: Eredon Terrace

Hello! We are a PvX guild, which means, we focus on PvE, PvP, and WvW. Beer N Peanuts is established to let people enjoy their gaming while offering a community to support their efforts. We’re aware that not everyone has the same gaming interest, skill level, and play availability. This is what we’d like to call “Life” and it will be supported within our Guild.

About Us:
• New to the game? – We are very friendly, helpful, and fun.
• Active – We are an active guild, most members online in the evenings EST, but recruiting all time zones.
• Website – beernpeanuts.guildlaunch.com
• Voice Communication – We use Ventrilo and Teamspeak

What We Do:
• World Bosses – We link information when bosses are up and group up to complete these meta events nightly.
• Missions – All guild missions unlocked and are done weekly by the guild.
• Dungeons- We do story and explorable modes.
• Living Story- We enjoy doing the living story.
• WvW – Guild WvW Wed/Fri 8pm ET (attendance optional)- have a small group that also runs regularly
• PvP – Some PvP activity
• Fractals – guild groups for fractals

Hopefully this answers any questions you may have. Otherwise feel free to contact me in game at: Jadefire.7642 or BeerNPeanuts.4573 or submit an application at
beernpeanuts.guildlaunch.com

Also see our latest video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMbgLT4NsL4

in Looking for...

Posted by: makarios.7254

makarios.7254

PM sent your way, Shadou!
/cheers

Pharseer Makarios // Charr Mesmer
www.saltgaming.org