Looking to learn the competitive side of GW2

in Looking for...

Posted by: Giraffinator.4986

Giraffinator.4986

Hello, all. First off, I only have a lvl 58 Thief, so I understand the basic mechanics of the game, but obviously still have a lot to learn. GW2 so far has been fun, but it felt lacking somehow. I’ve never been in a guild, and I don’t have any friends who play, so I figured hey, maybe I should this whole guild thing; it’s in the name after all.

After dabbling in the competitive scene of an entirely different game, I discovered that I really love gaming competition. I feel that it’s a positive kind of stressful environment. The kind of thing that gets the blood pumping and makes you want to get better. To that end, I decided I want to join a guild with at least a competitive side to it. I feel it’ll keep me more engaged in the game than PvE ever will.

I mainly want to try out sPVP, but small WvW groups sound like fun, too. I rep Gates of Madness.

in Looking for...

Posted by: kazeshiniyuki.2987

kazeshiniyuki.2987

Hi there ~

We’re not on GoM, but if you’re open to trying a cross server guild then please consider us ^^

We’re a PvX casual-hardcore guild that pushes player skill and efficiency through endgame means. Currently we have a full team of s/tPvP mentors along with establishing new PvP groups, so it’s definitely a good place to be if you want to try it out. Our main guild team is around rank 150 leaderboards for tPvP, so I think you can learn a lot from us if you’re motivated

I’ll leave some links that you might find relevant below, if you have any further questions feel free to contact me in game. Look forward to chatting with you soon!

Forum Recruitment Post
Guild Website
Guild Twitch PvP Stream

-Yuki

Guild Leader of Ignite The Fire [BURN]
Balance Team [IMBA] – Guardian
Blackgate

in Looking for...

Giraffinator.4986

The way your recruitment post makes it sound, you guild is very geared towards max level characters. Since my lvl is currently 63 (I think), this makes me think that i would be unsuited to most of your events, not including learning sPvP, since everyone starts on equal ground there.

As I’ve said, I do have that competitive spark in me, and I’m more than willing to learn the ways of competitive battle. But I don’t know if I would feel at home with BURN.

Considering this, would I still be a good fit for you guild?

in Looking for...

Posted by: kazeshiniyuki.2987

kazeshiniyuki.2987

We are endgame focused, although considering the rate of your level progression I think you will reach level cap fairly quickly. We have members that joined our guild from levels as low as 10 because they wanted to be in a more experienced environment when they did reach level 80, so if that appeals to you then I think you’ll like us.

As for guild events, you would be able to participate in all of them except Dungeon Speed clear event which has a gear and level requirement. All of our other events can be done at low levels and don’t have any skill requirements, don’t worry you won’t be excluded from anything ^^

If you’re still unsure but want to give it a go, no harm in trying. If you find it uncomfortable, there’s always an option to leave. We’re very relaxed and positive people, so I think you’ll do just fine

Thanks for the interest, let me know if I can help you with anything else – I should be online and available to chat most of tomorrow!

-Yuki

Guild Leader of Ignite The Fire [BURN]
Balance Team [IMBA] – Guardian
Blackgate

in Looking for...

Giraffinator.4986

Alrighty then, I’ll put up an application later today at most.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Devilish One.2386

Devilish One.2386

Hey there
The Branded Wolfpack: Become Fear( World vs World Video)
The Wolfpack is a new (3/23/2014) World vs World guild on Dragonbrand formed by six founders of varied backgrounds. The guild launched with roaming parties late each night, however, we’re fully experienced with any dungeon you may enjoy slipping in. The same goes for PvP and helping anyone find a build that suits them. Transfer help can be provided over time. For more information please check out our Recruitment Post
In Short:

• YouTube Channel (Show your pretty face to our cameras)
  • Enjin Forums at: http://gw2-dbwolfpack.enjin.com/ Apply Today
  • Mumble Voice Server
  • Intend to Settle our Members around 150
  • Build Crafting and Teaching (Pre-Made (Non-Metas), Meta Help, or Personalized)
  • Our Timeframe is currently Afternoon 1-4pm EST & 8pm-3am EST.
  • Activity & Effort Concerns? Working on Tier 5/6 Guild Research.
    Feel Free to Contact via Message:
  • WarHawk.1892
  • Devilish One.2386
  • Miani.4270
  • Rage.8197
  • Jinx.2079
  • Cranberry Snapple.3175