MadCast Gaming [MCG] [SoR]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cakeisalie.1976

Cakeisalie.1976

MadCast Gaming - Gaming Together for the Better
Community Preview Video

Welcome:
One of the best ways to improve your Guild Wars 2 experience is by finding a group of people that share your love of the game. At MadCast we pride ourselves on being a welcoming and friendly community, full of tight knit connections both in-game and out. We’re constantly seeking mature, respectful, active individuals to add to our membership. We stand by a code of conduct that we hold our members to, ensuring everyone enjoys their gaming time. We have our own TeamSpeak server populated with folks having a great time every night across a variety of games.
Our home is on Sanctum of Rall, but we have friends and members from many servers who have found their home with us. Some of our members never transfer; it is up to you based on your convenience and whether or not you would like to play WvW with us.

About MadCast:
In 2007, MadCast was founded on two basic principles. It would be a gaming community that would be extend beyond a single game, and it would be a place that exemplifies what it means to be a community.
We choose games to support based on the interests of our community. MadCast puts time and effort into making your gaming experience all it can be. The community selects Admins that display great leadership qualities, we host our own servers for (other) officially supported games, and have niches for everyone from the casual to the competitive. Admins host events on a nightly basis and there’s always something to do and someone to play with.

Weekly Guild Events:
We often add new events based on what our guild members are interested in! You can find the most up to date version of our schedule in our Guild Event Schedule & Information Thread.

Guild Requirements:
We do NOT require 100% rep. We do encourage you to rep or join us in TeamSpeak as much as possible to enjoy the social aspects of our community.
We do NOT require a server transfer. As mentioned, if you would like to transfer we can help you towards that goal.
We do NOT require a certain level of time commitment. Many of our members have families and careers that prevent them from being online 8 hours a day. Please be respectful and honor commitments you make to attend events; that is all.
We do NOT require a specific level, class, experience, or event attendance. We have many new players and want you to have fun when you play.
We DO require you to be a kind, helpful, respectful, and positive contributor to our community. This means you must follow our code of conduct and follow the requirements for being an associate.

How to Join the Guild:
Simply message one of the guild officers (fayea.1490 or hermitBird.3529), to KitOnlyHuman.6807, post here, or come say hello on our forums and we’ll get you involved.
Joining the MadCast guild in GW2 is not the same as joining MadCast. If you check out our website, you will see information about becoming a Full Member of MadCast. MadCast welcomes “Associate Members”, meaning we will add you to the guild, you are free to use our TeamSpeak and join our Forums, but you will not have full access to the same range of privileges as a Full Member. You can remain an Associate for a certain period of time if you are active and follow the code of conduct but due to recent changes we request that if you enjoy being a part of the guild that you eventually apply for full membership.

Closing:
Thanks for taking the time to visit our thread. Regardless of your decision, we hope that you can check us out on our website or Teamspeak server. Guests are always welcome to join us both in regular games as well as most events. Happy hunting folks!

(edited by Cakeisalie.1976)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sleepcoma.9487

Sleepcoma.9487

Our Guild Bounty Hunt on Wednesday was a sight to behold!

It started with the majority of our hunting party seeking out Crusader Michiele finding her within a few minutes and then bringing her to justice with skill and efficiency. Meanwhile, myself and four other brave souls ventured through the tide pools of Southsun Cove in search of Anders the “Wildman”. He had taken up refuge near the karka hive itself and surrounded himself with veteran karka’s. We relayed the located to the guild and as they journeyed towards us from the south we began to take on two veterans karka’s at the same time.

We were successful in revealing Ander’s and noticed we were starting to run short on time as we started the fight with him. Suddenly, another veteran karka spawned just as the timer dipped below the 60 second mark. With a live countdown and excitement reaching a fever pitch, we managed to max out DPS while staying on our feet and brought our foe to justice with a mere 2 seconds left on the timer.

It was so much fun that everyone immediately started a chorus demanding more bounties, so we started up a Guild Bounty Training. Come join us next Wednesday to get a piece of the action!

in Looking for...

Posted by: AndromedaCat.3295

AndromedaCat.3295

Tomorrow night I believe we’ll be getting a big group together and doing some of the dragon bash stuff!

in Looking for...

Cakeisalie.1976

Yep yep! Join us tonight for some hologram bashing and other fun stuff.

in Looking for...

Cakeisalie.1976

If you are on Sanctum of Rall, come join us tonight for some WvW goodness. Feel free to send me a message on game, and as always make sure to check us out at www.madcastgaming.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Musefairy.9148

Musefairy.9148

I might be interested in joining your guild Looking for new social guild in GW2! Please message me in game pls!

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

I shall message you in game for sure Muse if someone else hasn’t already gotten to you!

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

Well I’m thinking of trying to get together a group of people to do some jumping puzzles tonight to work on getting my monthly. Message me if you’d like to join up and jump around! jump around! jump up, jump up, get down! ;D

in Looking for...

Posted by: toriheart.4657

toriheart.4657

Hey, i am looking for a guild to join but i am currently on Piken Square.
I lost interest in the game since my hubby decided he didn’t want to play anymore and running around on my own just isn’t appealing.
I am however looking to get back into the game and play a little longer than 2-3 hours a week :P so i would love to join you guys/gals somehow.

Message me on here or in game with erm, suggestions i guess.

Tori

(sorry i am really bad at getting my point across clearly so sorry for the ramble)

in Looking for...

Posted by: RedJustice.1548

RedJustice.1548

Hi Tori! ^^

I am Red; nice to meet you! Sorry to here you are lonely in game but maybe you can find some awesome friends here with us!

You can add me or Andromeda, or any of the other officers and message one of us next time you are online to be invited to do some stuff with our guild. Alternatively, you can post an intro on our website (linked at the top) or join us on our Teamspeak to meet some of our players (info on our website forums under New to MadCast). Tuesday and Wednesday nights we have events coming up, but we will also just be playing casually and having fun later tonight if you are around.

Don’t worry about being on another server for now. Check us out by guesting (if you don’t know how just ask and I will post a step-by-step) and then if you decide you want to transfer we can help you with that later. Remember you can do everything via guesting except WvW anyway, so it’s not really a big deal.

Finally, good to have another woman around! Andromeda and I are both women, and we have a handful of others who play with us too. But I am bias and always excited to see another. >o>

Let me know if you have any more questions or need help with anything!

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

I’m hopping on now to get my daily done, feel free to message me if you’d like to run around doing some daily and then maybe monthly completion stuff!

in Looking for...

RedJustice.1548

Just moving this on up the page! Tonight is Dungeon Run night. We may be doing Arah for some of our members who have recently hit 80 and want to finish their story quest. Not certain though, cause I moved this weekend and maybe they already did it? Otherwise some CoF farm might be in store. We’ll see!

in Looking for...

Sleepcoma.9487

There is also talk of a trip to Twilight Arbor, come join the discussion on the forums and we’ll see you tonight for some Dungeon Run adventures.

in Looking for...

toriheart.4657

Hey i was wondering do any of you pay from 18:00-23:00 BST?

in Looking for...

RedJustice.1548

Mmmm unfortunately not really. We are mostly online around 1 AM BST until 8 AM BST. We are a primarily EST guild. Sounds like the time difference might be too much. _

in Looking for...

toriheart.4657

Haha yeah just a little.
Meh you guy/gals sounded cool though
Well i have added a few of you as friends in game, so maybe we can do something together if i am on the same time as you.

in Looking for...

RedJustice.1548

I’m sorry tori. We always love to see people who are really excited about joining us. Maybe you can catch us in game sometime soon. I hope you find some equally awesome people who are on when you are. But feel free to stay around and chat with us. ^^

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

We’ll be doing guild bounty hunts tonight! You should come join us

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

Guild Bounty Hunts will be happening in just a little bit! They’re a lot of fun and pretty quick; I highly recommend joining us!

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

Well the Guild Bounty Hunts tonight were uhh… less than successful. ;p But we still had a lot of fun! And this just means we’ll have more bounty hunts on another night sometime this week

in Looking for...

RedJustice.1548

We will be running Arah this weekend because two of our members (Gundalf and Misa) need to finish their story line, and one of our brand new associate members, Sel, also just hit level 80 and needs it!

in Looking for...

Posted by: wyrecairn.5709

wyrecairn.5709

Well the Guild Bounty Hunts tonight were uhh… less than successful. ;p But we still had a lot of fun! And this just means we’ll have more bounty hunts on another night sometime this week

Sorry I missed the Bounties. We had some fun and got some phat lewts in WvW later tho’ . A MCG havoc squad flipping some camps and running from the Zerg. Although Sleepcoma and Wombat chased a zerg away. They can look quite intimidating when they want.

Don’t hesitate to join us in TS or send one of us an ingame message. This is a fun, easygoing and organized group. One of the best guilds I’ve ever been in.

See you in Tyria.

wyre.

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

No specific guild plans for tonight, but if enough people are around maybe we’ll try and do a bounty hunt again Come join us tonight for what is sure to be an amazingly fun time!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Steelwolf.7598

Steelwolf.7598

I am a former player (played for two months soon after launch) possibly looking to get back into the game. I was bored with endgame, but I think now I was missing a community to have fun with. I an a new father to boot, and don’t really have tons of time to play, and when I do it’s whenever I can get on with no set schedule. Might I be a fit? Looking to just have fun with good people when I can, just cannot commit to alot. This community sounds like just what I’m looking for, hope to hear a reply soon. Thanks!

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

Hey Steelwolf,

You sound like you’d be a great fit here! We all understand that real lives > gaming, unfortunate as that may be ;p I’ll shoot you a friend request and an invite to our guild. I encourage you to come try hanging out with us. We tend to be most active in the late evening/night-time.

in Looking for...

Posted by: xPyrowolfx.6023

xPyrowolfx.6023

Hey guys!
I’ve been on and off for the past 6 months now and i’m currently looking to get back into the game again.

in Looking for...

Cakeisalie.1976

Hey there,
Glad to see you are back into GW2. If you are looking for a casual guild that is all about having a good time, then we are probably a good fit for you. I’m gonna hit you up with a friend request, and try to get a hold of you in game. Feel free to message any of our other members that have posted above though if you have any questions or are wanting a guild invite. Also make sure to check out our website at www.madcastgaming.com. You can find out alot about us there, and see what we are all about.

Thanks for checking us out

in Looking for...

RedJustice.1548

Hello! I am Red. Nice to meet you! ^^

We are generally active between 7 PM EST and 3 AM EST so it’ll be a few hours before our guild activity picks up.

Steelwolf: Congrats on being a new father! That’s amazing. We understand your obligations and don’t mind at all. Several members of ours have young children, and those who don’t have families, jobs, and other real life stuff going on. Come hang out with us when you can, and if you get busy we understand. (but do try to let us know if you need to disappear for a long time or we’ll miss you).

Pyrowolf: Welcome back to GW2! We’d love to meet you. Hopefully I can catch you online tonight.

If you have time, I’d encourage both of you to post an introduction on our forums: http://www.madcastgaming.com/forum/forum.php. Otherwise one of our members will get an invite out to you soon and I look forward to getting to know you both!

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

I’m hoping to get in some jumping puzzles tonight to work on my monthly And I know some people are planning to group up with low-level characters and work on leveling/map completion. It’s going to be pretty awesome!

in Looking for...

Sleepcoma.9487

I look forward to seeing you both in-game and hope we can provide the community interaction you are looking for.

After our rough time finding our targets on Wednesday for the bounty hunt, we decided to kick off another one last night. We had three groups in the field and defeated our targets with ease. It was good to see some new people getting familiar with the Guild Missions and I’m looking forward to the next one already!

in Looking for...

Posted by: yordlebob.2708

yordlebob.2708

Hello Folks! Pretty soon here, we’ll be having some late night events going on. Low level parties, jumping puzzles, and I might even dabble in some dungeon runs tonight, if enough people are interested! Come check us out!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Seldrath.6327

Seldrath.6327

For anyone thinking about joining this guild, I got to tell you they are extremely helpful, active, organized and their members are some of the coolest people I’ve ever met. Definitely staying here for the long run.

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

We are doing lots of leveling for newer and alternate accounts tonight. It’s a lot of fun!

in Looking for...

Posted by: WarmTurtle.4715

WarmTurtle.4715

Hey guys, so after talking to Cake I went ahead and picked up this darn game.

See you guys soon!

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

Best choice WarmTurtle! We’ll be doing a newbie/low-level alt account leveling/map completion event tonight so it works out great! If you’ve got low-level accounts feel free to join us! (or if you just want to hang out with cool folks on your high-level account too! XD) We’ll be handing out some food and helping everyone get vistas and skill points!

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

We’re running around in the Norn starting area right now!

in Looking for...

RedJustice.1548

We have been doing some more new player information tonight, but some of us are also running fractals!

If you are interested in meeting our members and hanging out with us this evening, join us in our TeamSpeak or message one of the guild leaders for an invite!

in Looking for...

Posted by: xPyrowolfx.6023

xPyrowolfx.6023

! Sorry for the wait guys I’ve been working the past two day ^-^" hoping on the game now

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

A small group of us are on now running around doing low-level stuff Later in the evening we’ll be doing WvW. Feel free to come join us

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

A large group of us are on now! Some of us are running WvW stuff. We’re also planning times to run jumping puzzles together with a mesmer to help out those of us (like me) who are jumping-puzzle challenged. You can find out information about that here if you’re interested in joining us to jumping-puzzle it up and hopefully get the monthly done!

http://www.madcastgaming.com/forum/showthread.php?15261-Monthly-Completion-Jumping-Puzzles

in Looking for...

RedJustice.1548

We had a fun time tonight! Sadly Wv3 seemed to be lagging for everyone on the server tonight. (Skill lag was terrible) We ended up doing TA and some of our lower level people split off to run through the start areas for map completion.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Karpatz.2581

Karpatz.2581

Would like to join if you would tale me , i’m on Desolation lvl 43 guardian

in Looking for...

RedJustice.1548

Hi Karpatz! I will make sure you receive an invite this evening when I get home from work.

Jsuk, MadCast is having a community wide meeting this evening, so many of our players will be occupied with that and get online later. Not exactly sure how long it will run. In the meantime, if you get a chance to post an intro on our forums, we’d love to know more about you!

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

We have a townhall meeting going on right now, where everyone in MadCast can have a direct line to our admins

I’m sure the GW2 crew will be hitting it up once this ends though!

in Looking for...

RedJustice.1548

This evening I will be helping everyone with Jumping Puzzle completion for the monthly! I will be running through 12 jumping puzzles that are accessible to ALL LEVELS of players with my mesmer, and portaling everyone through to completion!

in Looking for...

Posted by: yoooshi.3547

yoooshi.3547

Defintely check out the website and join in on TeamSpeak. No matter what level you are they will help you out! Plus they are all fun to hang out and chat with!

in Looking for...

Cakeisalie.1976

Come kill some skypirate scum with us this weekend.

in Looking for...

RedJustice.1548

Karpatz, I’m sorry, I wasn’t feeling well last night and fell asleep right after our townhall meeting! Hopefully someone either already took care of you or can soon. I will see to it tonight if not.

My bad.

in Looking for...

AndromedaCat.3295

Jumping puzzle fun-times with a mesmer for those who are jumping-puzzle challenged (read: me) will be happening at 8 p.m. EST, feel free to come join us!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Daghet.8932

Daghet.8932

If your looking for a great friendly place to fall home, I really recommend this guild. Everyone is so helpful and welcoming, definitely an amazing place to call home.