[NA][BG] [LAW] Love&War PvP/WvW social guild!

in Looking for...

Posted by: summerdee.4630

summerdee.4630

Hi there, and thanks for clicking! As the title says, we are a PvP/WvW social guild on Blackgate, and we hope that you’ll try us out!

Just to start off, LAW’s PvP sector is thriving! While most of us are not hardcore, we all know how to put up a good fight and punch face. Our PvP’ers number anywhere from 20-25 depending on the time of day, and are usually on during NA primetime. We have our own arena, and a designated PvP night on monday. What we do on that particular day varies from week to week, but has included Class Workshops, 2v2 tournaments and a fun event we call skyhammer guildie golf. Whether you’re a hardened rank veteran or just getting your feet wet, you’re always welcome here!

If you’re more into WvW, do we have something for you! We do official WvW nights three times a week, and we’re always looking to expand in that area. In addition to being hardcore, we also do fun kitten nights before the WvW reset.

Our PvE side is well developed, but it is not our main focus. WvW and PvP are. And although it isn’t our focus, no one will refuse a dungeon or fotm run, but, it is no longer our goal. This may change as the new Expansion comes out and as we evolve as a guild, and most likely will. Time will tell!

But, speaking of kitten events, if you’re a social butterfly and you just want to come online and unwind, we do things like:
-The Grand Karka Rodeo. This involves keeping the aggro of the big Karka up in the nest where the old rich ori ore used to be. So far our record is one minute and eight seconds. Can YOU beat that time?
- Suicidal Dart Board, Divinity’s Reach Edition. Use your corpse to hit a circular sewer grate in the area just north of Dwayna’s statue. No speed buffs or armor allowed! Just gravity!
-Grand Quaggan Odyssey. Using only a Quaggan transformation tonic and our wits, we try to make it through the entire map of Orr without getting downed and/or killed. For extra difficulty, we also move to the Silver Wastes!
Some of our more miscellaneous events night are all the guild missions anyone could need, which is also bi-weekly and includes a makeup day on Saturday.

So, if we sound like the guild for you (and I hope we do) you should probably know that we have some requirements.
-Be willing to download teamspeak. This helps us get to know you, and you get to know us. Even if you don’t have a mic, you can definitely be apart of the conversation.
-Have LAW be your main guild. We understand guild banks and so on, but, we want to be your one and only. Baby.
So come on in and join our family! We run anywhere from 15-50 members, depending on the time of day.
Check out loveandwar.shivtr.com and apply!

(edited by summerdee.4630)

in Looking for...

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

To those lovely readers out there who are too shy to post:

-Blackgate is our home server, BUT is not required unless you wish to join us in World vs. World!

-We are most active between 6pm-11pm (EST) during weekdays, while on weekends you can catch the majority of us on between 3pm all the way until 1-2am at night!

-Whisper us in game to get to know us better! Joining a guild is a process not only for us to find more enthusiastic players such as ourselves, but for YOU to find players who fit YOUR style of play. Give us a chance, we don’t bite! (tho I do nibble from time to time…)

~Hope to see you readers in game soon!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Zealot.6507

Zealot.6507

I joined LAW after running with them a few times in WvW after they invited me to teamspeak.

I have made sucha great group of friends with them and they have really helped me to get better at PvP as time has gone by. We have events weekly and we love to have fun in PvE, PvP, and WvW together.

in Looking for...

Posted by: WulfTepes.7541

WulfTepes.7541

LAW is a great guild we have no problem helping all who need it we even answer random questions in map chat for no other reason then we seek to help all because we are the LAW

in Looking for...

summerdee.4630

We are looking for:

• Mature people who can play nice and respect others
  • Serious players who will actively help us achieve our goals
  • Active and loyal players who are in it for the long haul
  • Competent, teamwork-oriented players, or players who are willing to learn
  • Motivated, pro-active players who can make things happen
  • Helpful, pro-community players who want the whole guild to succeed

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mute.3720

Mute.3720

I’ve been in this guild for about two years. Even when my interest in gw2 ebbs and flows, this guild brings me back to the game. The people are very friendly, the leadership is fair and balanced and I couldn’t ask for a better community! As Summer said, the guild is mostly pvp/wvw but they do all kinds of stuff besides just that.
Join! You won’t regret it.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tempest.5346

Tempest.5346

People here are so nice and they will even let newbies roam with them in WvW!

in Looking for...

summerdee.4630

Just a few more info and perks of being a [LAW] member:
- All official members in good standing can vote and influence the guild
- All official members in good standing can propose a new issue or change
- All guild officers are reviewed and then approved only after a majority vote
- Positive environment and member empowerment (e.g. any member can create events)
- Cooperative society and voluntary events – great for mature, independent players
- “Take a penny, leave a penny” honor system in regards to guild resources & usage
- Adept trait manuals, character bags, and other help & tips available to new players

in Looking for...

summerdee.4630

Preview of our new recruitment vid!

We’re dorks lol.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Fate.5961

Fate.5961

If you love to WvW and do work, we invite you to join our Havoc Squad. As a guild, we aim for objectives, the overall strategy of the borderland, and go after points-per-tick whenever possible. Whether we have 5 or 25 guildmates on the field, we believe that every player can make a difference for Blackgate. While it’s tempting to all queue one borderland for the best zerging experience, we are very fond of our outmanned buff and love the thrill of outsmarting zergs that are 3x our numbers. Please feel welcome to learn more About Us on our website.

If you are a serious WvW player, we invite you to try out for out Vanguard Squad. As a specialized Havoc Squad focused on teamwork and party composition, we enjoy smashing straight into a larger zerg and decorating the landscape with their bodies. Any guild can call themselves a zerg bursting guild by having a numerically superior force. Only LAW is willing to repeatedly face imminent death, with the goal to overcome it! Learn more about the Vanguard Rank, as well as our other Advanced Membership Ranks.

Finally, LAW is a great place to be introduced into PvP. It may not be easy, but you will get better with us if you stick with it. We often have PvP related guild events as well, with chance for even the most casual players to learn some great prizes! We may try to post some videos in the future, so just take a peak at one of our dueling events for now:

Attachments:

Illustrious Leader of
Love and War [LAW]
http://loveandwar.shivtr.com

in Looking for...

Fate.5961

Here’s a video of our commander in BG taking on 1v2, both TC & JQ:

If you love to WvW, join LAW and come wreck havoc! :D

Illustrious Leader of
Love and War [LAW]

(edited by Fate.5961)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Luna Peregrina.5708

Luna Peregrina.5708

Bumpies for Summer.

See original post for all the info.
Come be a part of this awesome guild!
Great events, awesome team work, lots of fun in TS.

Ruby Lauffeuer – Asura Ranger
Officer of Midway [mWAY] – Dragonbrand
~Veni Vivi Dormivi~

in Looking for...

Posted by: Lathien.7536

Lathien.7536

Hi, I’m Vaxend. You most assuredly know me as the greatest necromancer who has ever lived. However! I am not going to talk about that today. You see, I’m here to talk about how LAW really does care for it’s new members, and members who choose to remain ‘just’ members.

Early in my time with LAW, I had the grand idea to host a PVP dueling/betting arena! I planned to do boxing-style commentary and name the fighters things like ‘Half-bit Haymaker’ and everything! It would be swell. But alas! I was but a lowly member, who barely knew how to log into the forums. How could one such as I host an event?

Amazingly, my guild used a never-before-seen, radical, innovative, and perhaps even game-shattering approach: they totally supported me. They even offered to fund the event upon my becoming broke! (May this minor excerpt serve as a cautionary tale against gambling.) It makes you lose money.

Overuse of BBCode aside, LAW is the most kick-kitten guild I’ve ever been a part of. Definitely best guild NA, and quite possibly best guild MW (Milky Way). Now go join, before I make more bad jokes!

in Looking for...

Posted by: nightshade.2056

nightshade.2056

-Toff (blackgate)
Love and War

in Looking for...

summerdee.4630

Please note that we do have a (fairly flexible) repping policy:
- LAW as your main guild, meaning friends only guild/pvp/dungeon list/personal bank guilds are okay
- Or ~90% rep. You’re expected to rep during guild peak/active/event times

Our AFK policy:
- Please let us know if you’ll stop playing for awhile via the forums
- ALL official members are welcome to rejoin LAW hassle-free if removed from AFK
- LAW roster is actively pruned to maintain a lean, active roster, so please do not be alarmed – we probably didn’t ban you!

in Looking for...

nightshade.2056

This one time… about three months after the game came out… I joined LAW… been there ever since

-Toff (blackgate)
Love and War

in Looking for...

Fate.5961

We’ll be having a huge raffle drawing on Easter night, so there’s still time for that! LAW will also be hosting another guild PvP night this Monday to sharpen our skills, strengthen teamwork, and to have fun!

Stop on by and see if you’ll be a great fit for LAW. We’ve been here since the start of GW2, and together, we will continue to build one of the greatest guild that this amazing game has to offer!

Illustrious Leader of
Love and War [LAW]

(edited by Fate.5961)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Nice to hear you guys are alive and kicking. Probably short on gum again too. ;-)

For anyone on the fence about this guild, give them a shot. Fairly relaxed (yet serious) group, even when in the middle of utter chaos. The kind of folks I really wished I had found in an Eve corp – probably would have liked their form of PvP better.

Shorah and good luck everyone. o7

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in Looking for...

summerdee.4630

On the roster for the last week of April/beginning of May are:

2v2 Tourney night (Monday)
WvW havok squad night (Tuesday)
Gmissions (Wednesday)
EoTM Necro golf! (Thursday)

\o/

in Looking for...

Posted by: SirTristan.2017

SirTristan.2017

This is honestly the best guild I’ve ever been in on any mmo. The people here are so friendly and we have a ton of fun while getting things done. We’ve been going for about 3yrs now and we arn’t going anywhere. Come be part of the LAW!

in Looking for...

summerdee.4630

Ultimately, LAW aims to give its esteemed members a hand up, as opposed to a handout. As commendable members of the community, guild members are expected to do their part and hold their own. Through the virtue of continuously remaining active, contributing to the war effort, actively solving and preventing problems, participating in guild events, discovering new methods of fun, and above all, by putting in their utmost, unadulterated effort in building and maintaining lasting friendships, LAW members are sure to have some great times and create plenty of cherished memories that will last a lifetime.

in Looking for...

Fate.5961

Nice to hear you guys are alive and kicking. Probably short on gum again too. ;-)

For anyone on the fence about this guild, give them a shot. Fairly relaxed (yet serious) group, even when in the middle of utter chaos. The kind of folks I really wished I had found in an Eve corp – probably would have liked their form of PvP better.

Shorah and good luck everyone. o7

Hey Sungak, what a pleasant surprise to see you again! Thanks for the kind words, we really appreciate it. Be free to stop by and give us a shout anytime, the door’s always open to you, no matter where you are in your journey.

Peace! <3

Illustrious Leader of
Love and War [LAW]

in Looking for...

summerdee.4630

Guild: Love & War [LAW]
Server: Blackgate – NA Peak Time
Type: WvW/PvP/PvE/Social Events/Missions
Play Style: Active, Social & Semi-Casual/Hardcore
Guild Size: 375-425 – Constantly Updated
Guild Upgrades: All Maxed – PvE Buffs 24/7!
Guild Missions: All Missions Unlocked
Voice Comm: Private Mumble & BG Teamspeak

in Looking for...

Fate.5961

Illustrious Leader of
Love and War [LAW]

(edited by Fate.5961)

in Looking for...

nightshade.2056

Join us

ANET NOTICED US =P
/micdrop

-Toff (blackgate)
Love and War