[NA] Darkhaven Looking for a friendly guild

in Looking for...

Posted by: furb.3269

furb.3269

Hi, hello,

I’m a returning player. I got the game when it launched, but I’ve been away for many, many months – still levelling a warrior (lv 40). I’m looking for an active friendly and mature guild.

I’m on Darkhaven (NA server), but I’d be willing to transfer if there’s a good fit. I don’t know where everyone is on that server.. it’s scary lonely. I really miss the social aspect of MMO.

Ideally I’d like not to be the only online member when I’m on, which was the unfortunate reality of my last guild. Which brings me to my playtime:

Weekdays between 19h-23h (EST)
Week-end: 7h-12h and 19h+ (EST)

That’s roughly it and it’s not for everyday, I’m a casual player… Family and general life takes over from time to time.

TS/Vent/Mumble is a nice to have as I can annoy you with my awesome french-canadian accent. Oh and sometime I sing when I’m drunk.. beware.

./furb

in Looking for...

Posted by: RedJustice.1548

RedJustice.1548

Hi furb! ^^ Welcome back to GW2! French-Canadian drunk singing would fit right in with my guild lol. It sounds like MadCast could be the right fit for you, but there are many great communities out there, and I hope you find the right one for you! It’s sad to be lonely in an MMO. They are meant for being social!

My guild, MadCast Gaming, is on Sanctum of Rall , but you can feel free to guest for as long as you want. Some of our members never transfer, so that is ok, but if you ever want to transfer in the future, we are happy to help dedicated and involved members save for the transfer.

To guest on a server, go to your character select screen. In the bottom left hard side is a button for select your server. You can click on any server on the list that you would. Two buttons show, one for guesting and one for transferring. Guesting lasts for 24 hrs or until you log out, so whenever you want to play on your guild server you will have to pull up the menu and select it. This is fast and easy though, so you will probably not find it inconvenient.

Anyway, MadCast is a gaming community that is bigger than GW2, but we are working on growing our GW2 sector right now. You can check out our website at http://www.madcastgaming.com. I especially suggest you look through the forums some to get a feel for what we are all about! Here are some points you may find attractive about MadCast:

• We have a mature community. While MadCast has no specific age requirements we do have high expectations for maturity. You will find kind, patient people and no drama. The vast majority of our members are over 18 (especially in GW2). Most of our GW2 members are older with careers, and many have families and children. We understand those priorities.
  • We are a serious community with casual gameplay. In other words, the main expectations we have for members revolves around positive contribution to the community and not on a packed GW2 schedule attendance. If you are active in the forums and only able to show up to a few events a week, that is good enough for us. Additionally, because we are casual our community is made out of all levels of players. We have many very new players, some new to gaming in general, and our environment is built on kindness and helpfulness. People will be happy to answer you questions and guide you through things no matter how basic or advanced.
  • We have a super awesome, active TeamSpeak group. We enforce strict rules of respectfulness and tolerance among our players, making it a safe friendly place for everyone. People of all types feel comfortable joining in the conversation and making new friends.
  • Our community is bigger than in-game. We have a website with a lot of activity and heavy forum use. This is a huge asset because we have people who play all kinds of games over at MadCast, and the forums really serve as the uniting factor among people.

If you check out our website, you will see information about becoming a Full Member of MadCast. This is not something you need to do right away. Our guild welcomes ‘Associate’ Members, meaning we will add you to the guild, you are free to use our TeamSpeak and join our Forums, but you do not have complete access rights for inviting people to the guild yourself, or accessing certain Full Member parts of our forum. This is a good way to find out if MadCast is the right fit for you before applying. In the long run, to gain any ranking position, we require people to be an official MadCast Full Member.

If you want to, I would encourage you to join us in our TeamSpeak (you can find information about that here: http://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/topic/5177-intro-madcast-teamspeak-3-server/). Alternatively, you can private message me in game, and I would be happy to add you in to one of our parties. The hours you list are our most active hours, and around 8 PM EST you will find a good number of us are usually gathering to do Daily Achievements together.

If you have any questions you can message me in game, post here, or join our forums and ask there. Good luck finding a place for you! <3

in Looking for...

Posted by: HaloaOhana.2073

HaloaOhana.2073

Hi there!

The Remnants of Hope is based on Tarnished Coast and offers PvX, RP, and WvW while maintaining a fun and social atmosphere in ts3 and guild chat. We don’t really have a mold for you to try and fit to. The biggest asset in the guild is the community. We have several different aspects that you can play in or just hang out with us in guild chat and/or ts3 and do nothing. Whatever makes the time that you have to game the best!

We welcome all levels/classes/play styles/ etc. If you like to have fun and want a good guild to hang out with and play with then we are it!

If you would like to know more (and guesting/transferring is an option for you) please visit http://www.remnantsofhope.com/gw2 and/or send me a message in game.

Recruitment officer for Remnants of Hope