[NA][Oops] Relaxed adult guild recruiting!

in Looking for...

Posted by: shinyp.6921

shinyp.6921

Who are we and what do we do? [Oops] was formed in 2011 for a small group of Guild Wars 1 players through Tumblr, and since then we’ve grown steadily and can boast a relaxed, mature, LGBT friendly, multi-game community of adults!

With Path of Fire coming up so soon, and so many of our veteran members returning to the game, there has never been a better time to come and join in on the fun! We are a cozy guild and love adding people to our ranks! No worries if you are casual in playstyle, busy in real life, don’t have a Level 80 etc- all are welcome here! We are a social guild and like meeting new members who will come and chat with us!

Our guild is built around good atmosphere and friendly conversation and the general rule of “don’t be a d**k”. Its not a difficult rule really, but for clarity’s sake, the full rules are available on our website (please read the rules before asking to join!). The GW2 guild is based on NA servers (Blackgate), but all servers are welcome to join!

Events!

We have two main guild events each year, that our leaders put a lot of their time and resources into, along with several more frequent or out of game happenings that we love to chat about and experience.

• Prom - Yes we’re that cheesy, but really! Who can say no a “Prom King/Queen” award? Bring a friend, win some prizes! Other events include lore trivia, hide and seek, cheesy slow dances, Arena PvPvP Tournaments, Guild Hall jumping puzzle challenges, scavenger hunts and of course, the riddle-based KormirApproved™ AggroQuest!
  • Halloween - [Oops] Gets spooky! Time to crack out the ingame cosplay! Fashion Wars 2 is important to us! And we love seeing our member’s creativity! After Trivia and other minigames, we tag up and lead our way through the Labyrinth, loot sticks swinging! We also encourage guildies to play creepy games together like Left 4 Dead!
  • Discord server - We keep in touch outside of GW2 through our myriad of text and voice channels! We HIGHLY encourage joining our Discord as it’s the best way to mesh with the guild and stay on top of the latest guild info! No worries if you are shy: voice chat is not a requirement, and most of our chatting happens on text channels. We even have a bot that will rank you up the more you chat!
  • E3/PAX/Gamescom - Its like Eurovision with more ESPORTS and cringe but great fun to watch with friends!
  • Table top RPGs - From Dragon Age to D&D we’ve got some serious campaigns ongoing as well as a silly yolo dungeon delver on the go!
  • GW2 Raid training - whenever there is enough interest for a guild group, we try to get something organized for our members on the weekend!
  • Guild Hall decoration Bounties - Sometimes things just go missing or get placed somewhere strange, and a bounty from our scribes will show up in the Message of the day. The current bounty is a teeny tiny mushroom, valued at 10G!
  • Secret Santa and screenshot competitions at Wintersday - Prizes are usually gold, rare skins or maybe even Gems, if someone is feeling generous! Last Wintersday we even had a custom jumping puzzle!

Perks!
Direct GW2 perks from joining [Oops] include access to our Lvl60 Guild hall, getting to wear our fab emblem (His name is Percy) on your backpiece, armor etc; all of the maxed out upgraded harvesting nodes, and if you have Heart of Thorns, a complete selection of Tavern buffs (10% for 24 hours in various things). We will be getting the new guild hall in Path of Fire as soon as we are able!

Other Games?? -
YEAH! You can find our members playing Elder Scrolls Online, Secret World Legends, Overwatch, Warframe and more! Be sure to join our discord and check in with us for invites to our guild groups in other games or on Steam!

Interested? Get in touch with us by replying to this post, sending us an ask on Tumblr, or writing us in game!

-Lavren
-Citri
-Cuzco
-Vayel Trisg
-Clove Zolan

TL;DR Fun and inclusive Guild seeks fun and inclusive members!

Some bonus info based off questions we get asked:
*We are an 18+ guild, with most being in their 20s and 30s
*Our playstyle when it comes to structured content like raids, fractals and dungeon grouping is “yolo”: meaning it happens when it happens. If you are looking for weekly or nightly scheduled activities like these, you might find yourself getting impatient with our more relaxed pace. Being an international guild of adults, everyone has different schedules and availability and our guild activities reflect that.
*We don’t have an issue with those wanting to join other guilds for WvW/raids or to be with friends, all we ask is that you use cross guild chat/Discord to chat with us!

(edited by shinyp.6921)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Quelina.5894

Quelina.5894

I would love to join, as a new player to this game there is a lot of things for me to understand and I hope this guild woukd be the answer.

in Looking for...

Posted by: LavishLeo.8613

LavishLeo.8613

Sounds like a super fun guild i’d love to be able to join
Though i just changed my world server yesterday so i’ll have to wait to do it again

in Looking for...

shinyp.6921

Hey Quelina and LavishLeo! I or another officer will contact you in game about joining soon!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sideshow.8579

Sideshow.8579

I’d like to have a chance to speak with an officer. I’ve a few questions to ask before I decide to apply. They’re welcome to whisper me in game, and I’ll rush for the nearest safe place and chat with them.

in Looking for...

shinyp.6921

Bumping for interest during this PoF free weekend! Lots of us are enjoying the new area, so feel free to join us if you need a group or guild!

in Looking for...

shinyp.6921

Bumping to the top!

in Looking for...

Posted by: LittleBear.9526

LittleBear.9526

This sounds right up my alley! I’ve been seeking a new guild since I’ve returned to the game. Please send me an invite, or pm me for questions/applying etc!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cybott.8014

Cybott.8014

Hello, I just started playing GW2 a few days ago and am loving it! I’ve played many MMOs and to me this one is truly special. I am 24 and just want some people to have fun with! Definitely interested in running dungeons, fractals and raids when I hit the appropriate level. Long story short I would love to join a guild of like minded individuals who just want people to experience the world with!
Thanks!

P.s. Liked the world so much I already bought the first book :p

in Looking for...

Posted by: JRA.5970

JRA.5970

Returning player here looking for a friendly casual PVE guild and you guys sound perfect. I would love to join up and have some fun ready for PoF and beyond.

in Looking for...

shinyp.6921

Weekly bump for more recruits!

in Looking for...

Posted by: xPyrowolfx.6023

xPyrowolfx.6023

This catches my eye! I’m a returning gw2 player with 1600 hours into the core game with a little HoT in it.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Embraze.2387

Embraze.2387

Hey, just starting to play this game and I’d be interested in joining.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Hellsbanes.9087

Hellsbanes.9087

Hi! I am relatively new to gw2, but I have played a lot of WoW in the past and I am currently loving the game! I am sophomore in college looking for a casual guild to join and have fun interacting within the game.

Currently playing 2 characters:
-Audrexia (Level 80 Ele)
-Tarsiers (Level 80 Necro)

I would love to join the guild! Thank you!

in Looking for...

Posted by: celldari.3561

celldari.3561

hello, in regards to the new patch which seems real good. i would like to know if i can join your guild. ive played long time ago but i would like to start fresh. thanks in game name is celldari

in Looking for...

Posted by: Anowyyn.2304

Anowyyn.2304

Hello there, I’ve been looking for a guild for a while and wouldn’t mind giving yours a go. Been back from a good break for over a month now and would love to dip into all the PvE goodies I’m missing out on (raids, fractals, dungeons…) with a group that doesn’t mind someone newish to the content. Plus I miss the social aspects quite a bit. You guys sound like you know how to have fun. Let me know if you’re interested in having me and possibly the fiance. Thanks!

in Looking for...

Posted by: dannydpx.8924

dannydpx.8924

Bidet! (checking to see if you get that reference, makes more sense on a Thursday)

You sound like my kind of fun, especially if you’re also down for some TTRPG shenanigans. As a British expat in the US, drunken Eurovision is an absolute blast!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Perrydotto.1308

Perrydotto.1308

This guild sounds quite neat. I’d love to give y’all a shot! Send me an invite if you don’t mind. I’m always happy to play in teams and learn quick, as long as people are respectful and chill.