New or casual? Look no further!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Equinox.4968

Equinox.4968

Are you casual or new? Have no clue? Don’t know what to do? The HEAVEN SEAL can help YOU!

Heaven Seal is an 8-year-old guild (established in Guild Wars 1) on the Isle of Janthir server that seeks new and casual players to become part of a friendly, laid-back community. We specialize in helping new players learn about the game. Our philosophy is that even new players can help people at or below their level of experience, and in time, a player can learn enough to help just about anyone.

In terms of help, we will gladly answer your questions, give you advice, and go with you when and if you need help. I (Edge, the guild leader) have a lot of experience with the game, and I have a photographic memory, so ask away…I’m virtually a walking Guildwiki :p

We also have some guild accomodations, namely guild storage. We intend to do guild activities when/if we get enough active members to make that feasible. In the mean time, we’re happy to help or tag along with other guild members.

Unfortunately, between the transition from GW1 to GW2, we lost touch with a lot of members, and we’re looking to build the guild from the ground up. We have a few GW1 veterans who have been playing since launch and have been with the guild for a long time, but we definitely need people who are willing to stick with us so we can get things up and running again. In other words: we have VERY few members right now, so if you’re looking for a guild that’s already super-active, look elsewhere, but if you’re willing to put up with low numbers for a while, feel free to join us.

We have a few policies:

1) You must be 16 or older to join, and immaturity will not be tolerated. There’s a huge difference between having a sense of humor and being immature.
2) No swearing or offensive language. Just because everyone is an adult doesn’t mean people won’t be offended, and it’s in the best interest of the community that everyone gets along. Discussions of politics and religion are fine, but if they get too divisive you may be asked to drop the subject to avoid unnecessary drama.
3) If you go two weeks or so without logging in and without notice that you planned to be away, we reserve the right to kick you, but you can rejoin when you come back. We certainly don’t expect our members to play every single day, but if you’re not on at least once every week or so, there’s not much point having a functionally non-present guild member on the roster.
4) We strongly encourage activity and communication. It’s ok to be quiet while you’re concentrating on doing something, but people who log in but never respond to guild chat may be kicked. In other words, you SHOULD join if you’re friendly, talkative, and want to be part of our community. You SHOULDN’T join if you don’t intend to make your presence known or aren’t willing to at least say something every once in a while.
5) We are on Isle of Janthir ONLY and will not accept members from other servers.

WHAT WE DO:

*General PvE
*Dungeons (if enough people are on, or we can help you with a particular dungeon you need help with)
*Socialize
*CASUAL WvW (not a regular activity, but we’re not averse to partying up and roaming around)
*CASUAL PvP (same)

WHAT WE DON’T DO

*Speedruns or daily runs of dungeons (no “raiding”)
*World event farming (you can do that on your own, but it’s not something we endorse as a guild)
*Dedicated/regular/hardcore WvW or PvP
*Dedicated/regular/hardcore guild activities (though we could definitely do some when we have enough people, whenever we can schedule a time that’s mutually agreeable)
*Powerleveling
*Powergaming/min-maxing/gimmick builds (we DO NOT support gimmick builds, “twinking,” required optimization of builds/equipment, or anything that trivializes content; we encourage personalized and/or uniqu builds and playstyles, so long as they work and are well thought out)

In short: if you want to help build a community of social, friendly players, look no further than the HEAVEN SEAL!

Feel free to contact Edge Equinox (me) in-game, send a message here on the forums, or send an email to heaven.seal@hotmail.com if you’re interested.

(edited by Equinox.4968)

in Looking for...

Equinox.4968

Is anyone at all interested?

in Looking for...

Posted by: iBLasTeRR.7514

iBLasTeRR.7514

I’m interested…i’m new just got the game yesterday and I’m level 8. I’m looking to join a guild and start my adventure with a community of helpful people.

in Looking for...

Posted by: tahaerden.6974

tahaerden.6974

Heya! I’m interested as well I have just bought the game today and now installing. (95% done.. Yay!)

I am very new to this game, haven’t played GW1. But played some other very known mmorpgs before. So I thought I better find a friendly guild to ask questions when needed.

I will try to contact you guys in-game. See you

in Looking for...

Posted by: tahaerden.6974

tahaerden.6974

Oh didn’t realise it’s an American server

in Looking for...

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’m not raising my hand up, but rather posting to say I’ve met one of your folks.
I kind of felt bad for them when some one tried to troll them into a religion discussion just because of your guild name.

They stuck to their guns and acted in a mature manner, clarifying that this was more of a Fire Emblem thing than anything else.

So kudos to that person.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Looking for...

Equinox.4968

I’m not raising my hand up, but rather posting to say I’ve met one of your folks.
I kind of felt bad for them when some one tried to troll them into a religion discussion just because of your guild name.

They stuck to their guns and acted in a mature manner, clarifying that this was more of a Fire Emblem thing than anything else.

So kudos to that person.

That was me and thanks for the compliment, we get trolled all the time because we’re serious about having fun :p

And yes, the name is from Fire Emblem; I was really into it at the time I started playing GW1, so I used the name of an item that sounded cool as my guild’s name. No cults, Kool-Aid, or celestial marine mammals here.

in Looking for...

Equinox.4968

IMPORTANT UPDATE: We will now accept members from any server, BUT be aware that you will have to guest to see most of our members in the game and you will not see them in normal gameplay unless you join a party with one of us in it and guest over to Isle of Janthir. Guild chat is, however, world-wide and anyone in the guild can hear anyone else who is online.

in Looking for...

Posted by: launch.9813

launch.9813

Still searching? im still looking fir server to join as well as guild

in Looking for...

Equinox.4968

If you’re interested, send me a message here on the forums or an in-game mail

in Looking for...

Equinox.4968

With a new year come new players. Check us out if you’re looking for help getting established in GW2!