New player looking for a guild on Jade Quarry

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mishipuffs.9586

Mishipuffs.9586

I just started playing Guild Wars 2 like a day ago and I’m still very new to it, hahah. I’m looking for a guild to join and to help me with any questions I have about the game. In the future when I get better I’m hoping to do PvP, PvE, and maybe even WvW. I’d really appreciate the help.

in Looking for...

Posted by: IOM.8751

IOM.8751

Hello! My name is Cate and I am the guild leader for Second Leap [SL] on the DH server. A small casual guild that was based from some guildies from a large guild, and my hubby. Our members are mature from a minimum age of 16 to 40+. This means our chat does not have a lot of have cussing, inappropriate topics, no racism, etc. We respect each other and have a great community. We come from all time zones. All have various levels of GW2 playing experience going back from GW1 to starting GW2 recently. We do WvW, PVE, dungeons, and guild missions. Guildie help for just about anything which includes teaching. We have TS3 when ever is needed. Our guild site is http://secondleap.guildlaunch.com/
This will remain a small size guild, so if you are looking to making friends, and get to know people you are playing with then this maybe be a good fit for you. We are also open to any other interests that you might have. We hope you will join our group of friends.
PM or mail me in game.
-Catealyn

Guild Leader
Second Leap [SL]
http://secondleap.guildlaunch.com/

in Looking for...

Posted by: Veron.8645

Veron.8645

Hi there Mishipuffs,

I’m from the guild Vintage Gaming [VG] on Jade Quarry. We’re an active medium-sized PvX guild, with a primary focus on PvE. You’re welcome to give us a try.

As a new player, I think it helps to have a friend to discover the game with. Best if it’s someone who is also new, since people who have done it all before will want to rush through things, intentionally or not. If you don’t have a real life friend to learn the game with, try to meet somebody else in-game. (Maybe other new players will see this post and contact you!)

I don’t think anybody in our guild is quite as new as you, so I’m afraid they won’t be able to do what I said above. That’s probably going to be the case for any guild you join, unless you happen to join at the same time as someone else who also just started the game. That said, we’re a group of very friendly and helpful people, so we can definitely help you out with things and answer any questions. If you have or make any friends who are also newbies, they are welcome to give us a try as well.

I highly recommend the official wiki for anything that you want to learn more about or get confused about. There is a wealth of information that you can read simply by looking it up. You can access it in-game (it will open your browser) by typing “/wiki [thing you want to search]” in chat, or by going to the website directly:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

It’s awesome you decided to pick up Guild Wars 2. Have fun getting into the game! I will send you a mail in-game to follow up — feel free to contact me as well. Character name is Veron Oakguard.

-Veron

Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Neksis Syxx.6983

Neksis Syxx.6983

Hi Mishipuffs,

While I’m not sure if our age restriction would be problematic for you, I believe you would feel quite at home in our guild.

About us:

Just Us Grown ups [JUGs] is a very friendly, drama-free guild which is comprised of people 30 yr.s old and older (our minimum required age is 25).

We are on the Jade Quarry server which is one of the three top-ranked servers for WvW. It’s also a high population PvE server and players from all other servers come to ours to participate in it’s events.

We have an even mix of male and female players and welcome both new and veteran players. We place a high value on community. We have a great website and a fully upgraded guild of over 150 members.

Here is our recruiting post on these forums.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM and, regardless if it’s with us, we wish you all the best in finding a guild to call home.

Attachments:

Just Us Grown Ups [JUGs] – http://jugs-guild.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Michael Welch.5296

Michael Welch.5296

Hi mishipuffs! Here’s our info – sounds like you’d be a great fit for our team!

S T Y L E is a new & very active PVE guild recruiting any skill or exp level. No rep req | TS & Website | MF Buffs | Friendly, dedicated & helpful both to new players & fellow guildies. PST for inv.

Look for the following folks in game and ask for an invitation: burnination (that’s me), Auryn, Wintrwulf, or Stein.

Thanks!