Newer player on GoM server seeks community

in Looking for...

Posted by: Icenine.1864

Icenine.1864

Hey there,

I am fairly new to this game, however I have played a few MMO’s over the years. I was looking for a preferably smaller guild that was active that I could grow into as I learn the game. I play at least 3 times a week, but usually nightly.

I’m 25 and was hoping for an older group of folks, but I am really not picky. I want to hang out with people who enjoy the game, and playing.

I am also willing to switch, I have no particular need to stay on my server, it just happens to be the location I chose when I bought the game.

Thank you very much in advance for any consideration.

in Looking for...

Posted by: IOM.8751

IOM.8751

Hello! I am the guild leader for Second Leap [SL] on the DH server. We are a small fast growing guild that was based from some guildies from a large guild. My hubby is my officer so it is also family based. Our members are 18+ years, mature, all time zones, various lvls of GW2 playing experienced, WvW, PVE, and dungeons to come. Guildie help for just about anything. Please send a mail to me or PM me in game if you are interested.
-Catealyn

Guild Leader
Second Leap [SL]
http://secondleap.guildlaunch.com/

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well, our guild – Choo Choo Train Volution [CCTV] is a casual guild, with most members from Sea of Sorrows, most of our members are based in Malaysia, time zone GMT +8:00 and we converse mostly in english in the guild chat.

since we are casual, we do not force members to do things, though we encourage participation in guild missions and WvW right after our guild missions.

we do guild missions on every sunday night, 9pm (GMT +8:00) – guild bounty, guild challenge, guild rush and we do WvW after that. only members who are interested in WvW follow us into WvW though.

during sunday night, we get about
30 – 50 + for guild missions
10 – 20 + for WvW

more info here:
Facebook shortcut url ~ http://ahkong.net/cctv.fb
Forum Thread shortcut url ~ http://ahkong.net/cctv
—————————————————
as for some of your queries …

“preferably smaller guild”
we consider our guild to be medium sized though.

“I’m 25 and was hoping for an older group of folks,”
though i am not really sure about the actual age group of our guild, but i do know we have a lot of members age group 20+ and 30+

“I am also willing to switch,”
switching servers could be expensive (1800 gems required) and if you do not play WvW you can just guest over to do guild missions together with us. well, that is, if the time zone is correct. most of our members are based in malaysia and our time zone is GMT +8:00

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jevati.4328

Jevati.4328

Hi Icenine! Since you’re pretty new, welcome to Guild Wars 2! It’s definitely one of the best MMOs I’ve played. =) Since you said you’d be willing to switch servers, I thought I’d reply and suggest Remnants of Hope. We’re on the smaller side, like you’re looking for, and we have a lot of members around your age. I’m 29, and my husband is 30, and our High Elder is positively ancient. (Sorry, Orig! You know we love you. <3 ) We do lots of activities like dungeons, sPvP/WvW, RP, and Guild Missions. Plus random, fun stuff like the Pictionary Night we had on Monday. If we sound like your cup of tea, feel free to stop by our forums and fill out an application. =) And again, welcome to the community!