Old gamer - PVE/GMT/Casual/No server yet

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sharkeysend.4193

Sharkeysend.4193

Hi folks,

I’ll get to the crux of the matter at hand – I’ve just bought GW2, mainly in the hope of finding something I lost some time ago… a bit of social interaction within a MMO. Basically, many moons ago I played games like Diablo 2, then SWG and on to WoW. There have also been some bouts with other games like SWtoR, LotRO, etc and for a few years I was part of a very socially active group of players. However, over time the numbers dwindled, people moved on, some stopped gaming altogether and at 38yrs old with a family I now find myself a casual gamer with a very limited online group of friends, only one of which plays regularly any more. Now that I’m that much older I find I can narrow down a few preferred stipulations to make finding a suitable guild that much easier… they are only ‘preferred’ though, maybe giving you a better idea about myself and not set in stone:

*English speaking (preferably a UK based group).
*Mature enough but with a sense of humour.
*Perhaps with a liking or some of the following topics: Meat (BBQ, Bacon, etc), Rum, Classic rock music, old TV/films like Monty Python, Laurel & Hardy, Bottom, Red Dwarf, Star Wars, Star Trek, most old cartoon series, plus newer stuff like Game of Thrones, Family Guy, etc. I could probably keep going…
*Decent behaviour towards others.
*Mocking youths of today (… okay, so that’s a bit tongue in cheek but you get my meaning – I got told I was too old for the internet once).

Soooo, if you can fulfil the following or maybe find yourself in a similar situation or can just plain help, please reply.

(edited by Sharkeysend.4193)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Softer The Great.2904

Softer The Great.2904

Hello Sharkeysend,
our guild Tide of Wrath [ToW] would be happy to welcome you to join us!

Our memberbase consists of people from all around europe and as far as I’ve been able to keep track all our members are above the age of 18 and humor is big part of the reason why people enjoy being in the guild.

As you have not yet picked a server I would say that if you decide to join us and at some point want to do some small scale WvW with us go Aurora Glade or Gunnars Hold as we have most population in those servers from the guild, but our guild has ppl from all around the EU servers. (Being on different EU server only matters in WvW, but in PvE and PvP everyone are mixed together by the megaserver system)

Some basic info about us:
We are a medium sized (190 members) guild that does lots of PvE and PvP. Our guild is megaserver based, so we have players from all around the EU servers and we welcome players of all skill level to join us.

Our members run dungeons and fractals daily and we allso offer opportunities for learning solo and duo dungeon runs. Some of our members only do PvP and some allso enjoy doing WvW but as a megaserver guild we cant form up any big guild zerks.

Our guild activities consist of weekly guild missions (Sundays), Tequatl the Sunless spawning (Saturdays) and other random guild events.

The representing policy in our guild is that you keep us as main guild and represent around 90% of your time.

We allso have our own forums (towgw2.mo-rpg.com) and Teamspeak.

Feel free to contact me (or our other leaders Mecr or Zeiir) ingame by mail or whisper if you would like an invite or more information.

-Jacxx (twitch.tv/jayvee93)
Co-Leader of Tide of Wrath [ToW]
http://towgw2.mo-rpg.com/

in Looking for...

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

Hi Sharkeysend

Froody mat well be exactly what you are looking for

Have a look over our recruitment post and see what you think, if we sound like what you are looking for please dont hesistate to get in touch – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor/DESO-are-you-just-a-number-Want-more/first#post5293393

Cheers

Bry.