[PS] Seaverse {SEA} – EU, RP, PvE

in Looking for...

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

Seaverse [SEA]

Are you a Roleplayer who also PvEs and looking for adventure across Tyria? Want to be part of something that could change the lore/history of a community? Join us in our quest across the world that will create stories, songs and legends told and sung through the taverns of Kryta, the Shiverpeaks, Maguuma and Ascalon! All races welcome!

Seaverse has had a presence on Piken Square since launch, but became our official online home at the beginning of 2013. Formed in 2005 in SWG (Chimaera), we have grown to become a community which has been consistently lead by the same leader since it’s formation.

Seaverse is a mix of both veteran and new players to the MMO genre and we are a friendly and social guild. We run regular RP plots as well as PVE events such as dungeons and you will find people willing to help with quests too. We currently have an age limit of 18+.

Roleplay is our main focus, though, and we do not consider ourselves raiders or hardcore PvPers, we set no requirements on gear or profession. Our aim is to provide an enjoyable and helpful online environment and to help promote our community spirit.

There are active story arcs and more to come, based around the lore of the world of Tyria. We aim to be as inclusive as possible and allow new RPers to join in easily, with their own introductory event. Story arcs are not scripted and we have our own games masters to assist members in getting involved and to develop their characters. We are not in character when questing.

We are the Seaverse [SEA]. The name is a contraction of SEA (our guild tag from SW:G) and universe. It represents the lore we create in our RP and history as a community. Every single member can contribute and a find a place in our story.

We understand that real life has it’s commitments. If you can represent us for 75% of your online time and play for a minimum of two evenings a week, then we are the guild for you!

The guild leader is Caery Royce and we welcome new members.

If you register with our forum, please send an in game mail, requesting forum activation to:

Caery Royce
Jack Witte
Kara Trueheart
Ouuk
Valrin Fierin
Crucibis Fiendshot

If you wish to find out a little more about us, please visit:

www.sea-guild.org

(edited by Talenna.4052)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Girandole.5312

Girandole.5312

Some screenshots from our first RP events!

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Posted by: Crafe.8017

Crafe.8017

Ha!!! We meet again!!!

I hope your guild has been doing well. Caer, I am going to be contacting you in game about something.

in Looking for...

Talenna.4052

Hi Crafe! Just back from a week’s holiday, so I’ve not been around the last few days. SEA is still going strong, with names you will remember, as well as new ones too.

We are playing STO and TSW as well, tonight is STO night, so you probably won’t catch me until tomorrow or Tuesday. GW2 is my main PvE game, so am in game when not RPing in the others.

Feel free to check our calendar to see when I’m around.

in Looking for...

Talenna.4052

Are you looking for a guild that RPs and includes all levels and professions in their activities?

We don’t demand specific gear, but we will help you work towards it, we don’t demand specific professions, but we do demand that you have fun!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cassy.6315

Cassy.6315

I’ve never roleplayed but I’m intrigued.

Is there much interaction at low levels as in exploring/hearts/events etc? that what most guilds seem to miss out. As I would need to restart to transfer it’s important to me. If I joined and like it but then found I was rubbish at roleplay would I have to leave?

Thanks

in Looking for...

Talenna.4052

We don’t RP when questing, just when we are progressing our plots and there is no requirement to join in with RP. We have a couple of members who do not RP at all. If you try RP and don’t like it, it’s not an issue. As our style of RP can seem a little different (we could it ’realism’), we are willing to help new RPers settle in.

I’d suggest that you guest on the server first and observe our RP after a chat with Anshra, the GM leading the RP in GW2.

Most of us are leveling 2nd, 3rd, 4th characters, or even more, so yes we do hearts quests etc. Grouping up benefits the guild too.

I hope that helps!

in Looking for...

Posted by: FazedFlorence.9187

FazedFlorence.9187

Hi Cassy, glad you decided to apply to join, hope to see you in game soon.

As Talenna says, lots of us have alts and are always happy to help out or group up if you want some company. GW2 is my only SEA game at the moment so I’m usually about when I have time to play.

RP in GW2 is mostly running on Wednesday nights at the moment.

See you in game.

PO Alairyn

in Looking for...

Posted by: KoBorg.2504

KoBorg.2504

SEA guild gathered around a defeated foe in one of our RP events.

Attachments:

in Looking for...

KoBorg.2504

If you’d like to join us for fun roleplay led by an experienced game master, check out our forum.

Our requirements are 21 years of age, and EU timezone.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Anshra.2618

Anshra.2618

While the details of such are still mostly under wraps, (even from the people playing it) This weeks sees three, 3 hour events, for our RP’ers to enjoy!

An excerpt from one of our backstories.:

She looked around at the huge city buildings, towers, and walls it was impressive, she thought looking up at the statues. ‘Whack’. She walked right into a metal lampost, bumping her little snout and making it tender. She bounced off and landed on her bum, shaking her head and looking at it with a furrowing brow. Frizzing lampost in the middle of the walkway. With claws. She looked up and realised with dawning horror, that the lampost was an armoured Charr. A white one, lithe and slender, in silver plate armour. She wrinkled her nose, and open her mouth aghast at the sheer size of it. She jumped up and toddled off not looking back. “Asura” the Charr called. Kiz kept walking, hurrying her pace. Not getting eaten today, that was for sure. “Asura!” She called again. Not getting eaten by something that looked like a big Tilly. The Charr bounded over her head, and stopped her dead in her tracks. “Asura” she said. Kiz stopped and swallowed, reaching slowly for her pocket. “You dropped this” she said, holding out a small device that Kiz had been working on. It was her Diamond Emission Accelerating Target Harmoniser, with Ruby-Adamatine Yield, and she couldn’t believe it had been dropped without her knowing. Kiz laughed, and took the device, beaming up at the Charr female. “Thankyou, noble Charr.” Kiz said, with a small curtsie, and she clomped off. “Welcome” the Charr replied, with a slight snort. Kiz liked this Charr. She’d kill it last. *

(edited by Anshra.2618)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dwarven Rage.2547

Dwarven Rage.2547

Having been in SEA for five or six years, I can remember SWG quite well. I played Raphiel (Intentionally mis-spelled) Iridian, initially an imperial and, over time, changing based on what happened at our planned RP events. Since then, I’ve played a number of MMOs, both with SEA and without. I find not only that playing with a guild of friends with similar interests keeps MMOs fresh, and I found that even though TSW is a terribly limited MMO, SEA’s planned RP events made the world come alive in a way that couldn’t be possible just within a game. Since we’ve started paying a lot more attention to GW2 lately, I’m finding that to be a much better game for the game’s sake, and I can see SEA really taking off here, both in RP terms, and within the actual content of the game. I took a bit of a break from SEA and MMOs after SWG stopped, feeling I’d never experience the same fun with an MMO and a guild again. Now that I’m back and in GW2, things are looking pretty awesome so far. There’s almost never nothing to do in SEA and in GW2, even at 4am in the morning.

in Looking for...

Posted by: derish.2465

derish.2465

We have been trying out a variety of dungeons, as well as our rp schedule. We’ve also been doing some grouping up for the various world bosses (all that lovely yellow loots) and some general groupage and exploring. I am levelling up my second alt, while getting my main more ready for dungeons. RP-wise, SEA has the most organised rp I have seen online and has excellent gms and a good, solid core of players. Why not give us a try ?

in Looking for...

KoBorg.2504

Small female Sylvari was climbing toward the mountain top after her friends. “Careful, Lettuce!” – someone warned her as she stumbled.

‘This was it!’ – Lettuce thought. They tracked the missing damsel, swam to the island, and now they were climbing toward the mountain top where the scary looking person was holding the woman, shouting threats at them, and throwing fire at them. Magical fire! Now the scary magician put up a barrier, and nobody could reach him! Captain Witte suddenly tumbled over the cliff seemingly of it’s own will. Enrif lost his sword exchanging blows through the barrier, and Sam barely dodged the evil looking blast of magic!

Lettuce jumped ahead and did her best magic blast, trying to push away the evil magician, making him stumble and loose his balance.

“He’s getting away!” – she yelled as the magician jumped over the cliff. “I scared him good!” – she added, proudly.
“He fell into his death, Lettuce…”
“Ah…” – she approached the ledge, and looked down the steep drop – “Oops! Too much, sorry!” – she yelled down towards the water some two hundred feet below where the body of the scary magician fell to the shallow water and rocks.

(edited by KoBorg.2504)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

We finished our first story Arc!
And it smoothly went into our next Adventure.
Heading to the lost ruins of Droknars Forge.

in Looking for...

Posted by: wismatt.7815

wismatt.7815

The sparring was becoming a ritual. Today, Vanir and Alan were at it again, one teaching the other about sword play. Sam had thought about joining them, but swords were big and heavy. Vanir was also intimidating. One hit from him, and it felt like the thief would have been sent flying into the nearby crate. Instead, Sam had joined the Sylvari to cheer on them.

Sam had come to watch most of the time, although today, the boyish looking human was sitting on a high crate, away from anyone’s eyes. Rough lines were drawn, trying to illustrate the sword dancers, but Sam was growing frustrated. They were never still and the pen was unable to capture the movements properly. The failed attempts were starting to eat up the space on the precious canvas, a borrowed Dragon Bash poster advertising the festivities in Lion’s Arch, so Sam deciding to focus on something else. Looking around, dark brown eyes focused on Leinandri who was cheering on the sparring partners with her fife. The pale Sylvari became the new focus of the pen.

Attachments:

in Looking for...

derish.2465

Moving on to the next part of the plot for our group. What will be found in Droknar’s Forge ? If you are interested and would like to join a guild with organised event-type rp, please ask !

in Looking for...

KoBorg.2504

Small Sylvari female was sitting on the fence of the ship, her left feet dangling above the water, with waves lightly rocking the ship they named Destiny.
She was again watching two humans sparring with swords. She found their dance fun! Vanir’s aggressive style against Al’s opportunism and guile. She was laughing and cheering the combatants, all the while twirling her small wooden fife in her right hand. She started nodding in the rhythm of the ringing sword blows, then she brought her fife to her lips, and started to play a cheery improvised tune that matched the rhythm of their sparring.

in Looking for...

FazedFlorence.9187

In the words of our youngest Sylvari:

“Ship ahoy!” – Lettuce yelled out and waved toward the pier as the ship Destiny cast of, although there was no one on the pier waving the ship away. They were going! The Droknar’s Forge, secrets of the short and stubby and beardy dwarves were theirs to discover, as soon as they arrive there past the Sea of Sorrow. Captain Witte was certain they can reach their destination without much trouble, avoiding any hostile Orrian or Risen ships. Lettuce was at the stern watching the waves left behind the Destiny, as a light wind filled the sails above her. She looked up at the Sam in crow’s nest, he seemed so tiny being so high. She waved to the young man and get a wave back. Their journey to Droknar’s Forge has began!

in Looking for...

Talenna.4052

We are also recruiting PvEers who might be interested in joining in with RP, although it’s not a requirement.

We do dungeons too and are willing to help new members get through them. We never place restrictions on builds, gear, level etc, but are happy to advise.

in Looking for...

derish.2465

Yes, we’re very interested in the pve side and I’m especially interested in the dungeons. If anyone is having trouble finding a good dungeon group, please consider looking at us !

in Looking for...

Talenna.4052

Our age limit has been reduced to 18+

in Looking for...

KoBorg.2504

Laughing Gull Island offered the Destiny a refuge from three pursuing ships. Seems than Risen ships were sailing far more south than the Captain has foreseen, and their sailing adventure was over. They were to return to Lion’s Arch, and attempt the land voyage to the Droknar’s Forge. Seas were too dangerous after all, the Captain decided.

It was now seventh day following the path into the Shiverpeak mountains. Lettuce, usually a burst of energy, was getting more and more tired as the days passed, and more quiet.

in Looking for...

Talenna.4052

Are you looking for a guild that offers a little bit of everything and a lot of immersive RP?

www.sea-guild.org

(edited by Talenna.4052)

in Looking for...

Girandole.5312

More screenshots from our RP events:

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Dwarven Rage.2547

Years ago, back in SWG, we used to have a more even mix of PvE and Rpers, some of our members just were happy to PvE and not RP at all. When we hit TSW, this fell off a bit, as the game wasn’t as strong in that aspect. With all the good content in GW2 though, we’re aiming to pick up more PvErs and get stuck into the later game content, while still making time to level alternate characters or help friends level.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mr Quinn.9815

Mr Quinn.9815

Hello, just registered on your forums as per membership requirement … I’m well over 21

I’m not a RPer per say, but I have been know to participate in RPing activities, and try my best, with some success … I love the open-world-PVE in GW more than PvP. Fact is, I haven’t done any PVP, and, have only ever been in one dungeon since Beta.

I do have my own Guild, it is essentially a lock-up to store excessive mats and ‘stuff’ I can’t seem to part with … may be useful one day. I will, of course, represent SEA 99% of my time online … 1% to drop off ‘stuff’ in the lock-up.

You can catch me online, usually, from 10am-ish till 10pm-ish … err, well breaks not included, I do eat and have been know to sleep.

regards

this notice was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit

in Looking for...

Talenna.4052

Thank you for registering with our forums! I will activate your account. However we are changing our board system today or tomorrow, so some links may be a little outdated, in the application info. I will be correcting them asap, but apologise in advance if there are any broken links.

in Looking for...

Girandole.5312

More screenshots!

Attachments:

in Looking for...

derish.2465

Welcome in to our new people ! It will be good to have some more folks to enjoy our pve and rp related stuffs.

in Looking for...

FazedFlorence.9187

This takes place at the beginning of the ‘Gangs of Kryta’ story when the crew have decided to recruit a Scholar, Valrin, known to Vanir Trueheart’s family. The Crew have travelled down to the Gods Lost Swamp and Valrin has agreed to travel with them to their dig at Droknar’s Forge. Upon returning to Divinity’s Reach he has two hours to pack what he needs whilst the Crew wait.

Alairyn slipped away from the others with the familiar excuse of needing to see to some business. He found a quiet unobserved corner and changed from the light coloured and floppy sleeved noble clothing into something darker. He moved cautiously, alley to rooftop and then down to the ground again. He hoped that away from the constantly watched ship he would have a chance to slip away unobserved and warn his mother about the turn of events. As he rounded a corner and scanned the skyline he noticed the shape briefly before it flattened against the roof. Someone was following him. He moved faster deciding to go into and through a few buildings and change direction abruptly. A few moments later, this time peeking from the back of a parked wagon, he noticed movement. He was still being followed. It had to be one of the Whispers’ agents.

He moved forwards again, heading towards a street he’d lived on many years in the past, he knew that halfway along the street there was an alley not easily found unless you knew it was there. Soon he found himself going down the street and diving into the alley and pausing in the shadows. Across the street along the rooftop a figure ran cat like along the tiles. He recognised her silhouette in it’s body hugging clothing. The woman in black herself was following him.

She was too good for dodging in alleys to fool her for long, the only chance he had of losing her was in a crowd. He ran back to the busier streets of Divinity’s Reach, where a crowd was trying to get in and out of a pub with particularly good music playing. He squeezed through the crush into the pub itself where as he’d hoped opportunity presented itself. Someone’s unworn cloak had slipped from the back of a chair. He quietly apologised to Kormir under his breath and then grabbed the cloak, shook it and then had it on and over his head before leaving in the outward crowd.

This time he walked normally and there was no flicker of movement indicating a shadow. He made his way to his mother’s abode and snuck in through the back garden. The cook threatened him with a knife until he dropped the hood and showed his face. He frowned but let Al pass through the kitchen into the parlour.

There wouldn’t be much time, so Al bowed once to his mother before approaching and giving her a hug. He sat next to her on the chaise lounge and spoke in a quiet voice.

“Just a flying visit Mother, I won’t be able to come for a while. We’ve come to the attention of the Whispers.”

His Mother raised a brow at this comment and sighed. “Al… you don’t want to get mixed up with them.” she cautioned.

Al nodded. “I can tell that but, we don’t have a lot of choice, and whilst they are watching us I don’t know when I’ll be able to slip away again.”

He looked at his Mother, she seemed less pale and more energetic than at his last visit.
“You look better, has he found some medicine that works?”

She smiled at him. “It comes and goes Al, I enjoy the good days when they come.”

There was a flicker of shadow as someone walked past the window to the room. Al shifted and became nervous. “I can’t stay, I’ll tell you all about it another time.” He hugged her lightly, before standing and bowing. His Mother smiled wryly at him as he turned and left the room.

He decided that going back out the garden might be for the best and dashed out through the kitchen grabbing an apple from a fruit bowl on the way past. The cook barely looked up as he rushed out into the garden and over the wall into the alley behind. He went down between the houses a little while before taking another narrow alley to the street. He turned to head back towards where the crew waited and as a precaution scanned the streets and skyline again. A figure moved behind a chimney. She’d found him already.

Not wanting to let her work out where his mother lived, he continued the chase throughout the city. He lost her maybe once or twice more and then finally the two hours were up and he had no choice but to lead her back in the direction of the crew. He changed back into his noble clothing, only breathing slightly hard and grateful for the extra exercise he was getting during morning weapon’s practice. Bag slung over his shoulder he walked calmly out of the alley, breathing returning to normal and approached the crew, all the while feeling her eyes on his back.

in Looking for...

Mr Quinn.9815

great story … great bunch of people … apply today!

oh, and it’s not all roleplay all day … you don’t have to if you don’t want to … but it is a very nice change to all that runnin’ around.

:)

in Looking for...

Mr Quinn.9815

One tall midget reached up high,
Touched the ground above the sky,
Tied his loafers, licked his tongue,
And told about the bee he stung.
He painted, then, an oval square
The colour of the bald man’s hair,
And in the painting you could hear
What’s undetected by the ear.

“Rainbow Soup: Adventures in Poetry”

in Looking for...

Posted by: wismatt.7815

wismatt.7815

Sam’s hair was still wet from the dive. They had been successful in helping the Quaggans, who had repaid them with a piece of the artefact they were seeking.

Sitting outside and leaning against the cliff, the young human watched the waters ahead with barely enough light to see the lines being drawn, although years spent in the back alleys of Divinity’s Reach had gotten Sam used to doing things while being surrounded in near darkness.

The thief thought of the large Norn sitting up the cliff with the others, discussing their next move, and the tattoos covering his skin. Sam had been looking at them often, pondering the meaning of these mysterious marks. Quick lines appeared on the torn paper, shapes forming slowly while the image of the giant and his dark ink was still vivid in the sketcher’s mind.

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Dwarven Rage.2547

I’d just like to take a moment to welcome our second Scotsman, Mr. Quinn to the guild. I have high hopes you’ll be quite the asset to the guild. Hopefully when BT India are done fixing my broadband we can get stuck into some TA Explorable and stuff.

in Looking for...

derish.2465

Onwards with our latest instalment of plot, “Secrets Lost to Time”. What will we find next ?

in Looking for...

Girandole.5312

More SEA events’ screenies!

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Talenna.4052

We have some really exciting RP going on, but there is no requirement to RP and we are always looking for players who enjoy other playstyles too.

If you are looking for an active, friendly, helpful guild, then consider us!

in Looking for...

Girandole.5312

Weekly RPing at a local tavern.

Attachments:

in Looking for...

derish.2465

We have been continuing to do dungeons and levelling up alt characters. Asurans are remarkably cute (the ‘uglier’ the better !)

in Looking for...

KoBorg.2504

Sometimes we dress up as pirates!
Some are more fancier pirates then the others…

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Talenna.4052

We are welcoming new members regularly and always ready to welcome more!

in Looking for...

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

i primarily erp, and as an aside i do rp Occasionally, as i am guildless of this moment i humbly do request an invitation to join. I also play PvE mainly.

Greetings,

Adol Of Ys

in Looking for...

Talenna.4052

I’m afraid that we do not do ERP, unless I have misunderstood your post. We do RP and PvE.

in Looking for...

KoBorg.2504

The crew of Destiny was sitting around a crackling fire in a Norn hunting camp, somewhere deep in the Shiverpeak mountains.
Lettuce was sitting on a warm blanket, only piece of camping gear she brought with her, beside some dried food. At the moment, Lettuce was struggling to take a bite from a stringy, hard piece of dried meat. She seems to have enjoyed the challenge, since she was smiling and giggling, and even talking to the piece of meat, before trying to bite it. After several minutes, she managed to tear of a piece of large piece, more than bite it off, and now she was trying to chew the too large mouthful.

With her eyes open wide in amazement, she was watching Ceary Royce teaching others creating magical fire, seemingly with great ease. Her mouth full, her jaw almost starting to hurt from chewing the hard meat, she stretched her hands in front of her, palms up. She concentrated on her own magic, trying to create a small light, with no more intensity than the flames Caery was teaching others to create. Using magic always demanded a great effort from Lettuce, she never before tried to use magic lightly. She concentrated hard, but there was no light between her hands. Then suddenly, there was a strong flash of light there, and Lettuce fell on her back, blinded and laughing. She was rubbing her eyes, still laughing, while her sight was slowly returning.

in Looking for...

Girandole.5312

More event screenshots!

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Posted by: Carol.6451

Carol.6451

Your story writing is a true talent and all sound lovely. I was wondering though, is your role play more like acting a script instead of spontaneous? I always thought role play events set a theme and then let things develop as they will with perhaps a little steering? Instead of being all written out in advance? I hope you don’t mind me asking as I’m curious and if I don’t ask I don’t learn anything new

in Looking for...

Girandole.5312

I always thought role play events set a theme and then let things develop as they will with perhaps a little steering?

Hey Carol, that would be an accurate description of our roleplay style. The GMs may introduce a goal but how and if it is achieved is ultimately up to what our characters do. And sometimes wicked dice rolls.

Feel free to ask more questions. You can also check out our Roleplaying in the SEA Community in our brand new forum for more info.

in Looking for...

Talenna.4052

Your story writing is a true talent and all sound lovely. I was wondering though, is your role play more like acting a script instead of spontaneous? I always thought role play events set a theme and then let things develop as they will with perhaps a little steering? Instead of being all written out in advance? I hope you don’t mind me asking as I’m curious and if I don’t ask I don’t learn anything new

There is absolutely no scripting in our RP. The players always determine what to do next. Our GMs may guide with hints, IF we ask the right questions.

in Looking for...

Mr Quinn.9815

… we had an adventure across the Norn cold lands last night.

We arrived back in Hoelbrak for some rest and recuperation. I slept in a bed that can sleep 6 Asura.