[PT] Da Pain Train recruiting. Desolation

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

I’ll post the in-server recruitment post to give a general idea;

Anyway PT is for everyone that likes to WvW, if it’s 1 hour a week or 60 hours a week. It is a guild that anyone can invite friends / people to and is also for people already in a WvW guild. New to WvW and no idea where to start? Join PT and find out what’s going on where and who is leading where. Fire away with any questions or queries you may have without fear of being ridiculed like team chat. There will be no elitism (from me I know right! Lol) it is aimed to be a sociable environment.

There are no representing rules, there are no mandatory form ups and you will not be kicked if you don’t play WvW for any amount of time and lastly there will never be any organised GvGs. The only reason you will ever be kicked is for inappropriate / disrespectful behaviour or for leaving the server.

Ideally we will end up with active WvW player from Desolation in PT for organisational purposes. Log in and no-ones online in your guild? Check PT and see how many people are currently in WvW and see if any commanders are active, drop someone a /w and you now know what’s going on.

Commanders that enjoy community leading will use the MOTD to post organised community events so you can check up on what’s happening on any day, at any time all without loading up forums. Need more people on a tag, need more people to defend an objective or need to get in touch with someone you had fun with but forgot to add them to friends? Check PT and start whispering people to form up or get assistance.

My idea is to cut out the hassle of looking through friend lists, trying to remember what the name of the commander was in the other map and then trying to get in touch, the availability of being able to get in touch with as many people as possible that enjoy WvW as hassle free and as quickly as possible. With TS being down it would work as a back up to quickly work across all maps, and aid those commanders or players that are unable to be on TS to find out what’s going on.

So that’s how it started around 6 weeks ago and we have since grown to 434 members. There is a mass clearance of inactives in process that requires active verification. By Sunday I will be looking to add what we need to it.

We currently have a very active core that were mostly new to WvW, commanders and experienced members have educated and trained them and now we more than capable of holding our own in any situation.

I am looking for more commanders that can lead at any time of the day or night to provide around the clock coverage. We don’t just raid 2-3 hours a day and then live in PvE the rest of the time, we play at all times and always have people in WvW. Other guild commanders from Deso often pop in and lead or request additional support if it’s during off peak hours and often get 20+ members. If commanders that play in off hours are active, you could easily get more PT for your time.

I run events like 24 hour Paintrain where I command 24 hours non-stop, I think our record was 4.2k kills, 260 camps flipped and 100+ WvW ranks (Birthday boosters) and then last night we challenged AG to bring their A game, around 50 PT and the rest of
Deso fought VII, HoB & VcY and held our own. If matchups are won we run alt karma trains to get them leveled or get people their WvW ability ranks. Last time we ran a reset Paintrain we had over 90 PT on TS.

We use a public TS for WvW provided by Monsieur Grotesque that the remaining guilds mainly use. There is always people on TS and commanders leading public events.

We do a little bit of everything from organised PPT to mindlessly zerging about having a laugh. It’s a big guild that never burns out, if 10 get bored of WvW, 15 replace them or decide to venture back into WvW.

We’re not just a dedicated WvW guild, we’re bigger than that. We provide a guild for those players that are highly skilled but unable to play much so can’t be apart of a hardcore WvW guild, a home for new people to WvW to learn the ropes and a place for other guild members to come and chill during off peak hours.

Drop me a mail in game or PM me here, really looking for experienced commanders to come help PT reach it’s true potential.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

(edited by Ins.7139)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Removed the excess and recruitment has re-open. Just to make this clear we are not a hardcore WvW guild in the sense that we have mandatory form ups etc / GvG. We enjoy open WvW and an easily pull in 50+ for event form ups, and we run groups of 20-40 1530-1730 GMT and then later raids by other commanders.

A large majority of people in PT are in WvW when they are online, there is always guild members to group up with.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!