Raids Problem. LF a guild ASAP!

in Looking for...

Posted by: LKOGL.3450

LKOGL.3450

Hello everyone.
All of you guys know that if you miss the first train to raids, there will be no second one. That is not what we were promised by Anet! They said everyone would be able to play the raids and you won’t be forced to switch to a certain class or role, or wait for a Healer or tank to play the raids, but that’s what is exactly happening right now.

People are looking for experienced players by asking them to link something called insight or whatever. I missed the first train to raids and I want some help.

I have experienced the whole fight of Vale Guardian and only phase one of Sab where the first mini-boss jumps in. Didn’t take anyone of them down. I go raiding with my guild and they eventually asks inexperienced players to leave (Polite kick, you know they are guildies).

I am Utility DPS Chronomancer with Full Berserker trinkets and exotic armor and weapons. I need some help, I am getting sick of the current Raid LFG system!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

If you missed the first train to raids – there’s the problem.

People want experience now – and it’s understandable – raids have been out for a long time.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Looking for...

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

On the what Anet promised, I think you are completely wrong.

They said that everybody will have access to raid. It’s suppose to be a challenging content and they even talk how except the first boss, ascended is a must. Not everybody are suppose to be successful in raid, otherwise the challenge is just not there for a good majority of the population.

Won’t be forced to play another profession? A cmon grow up. Anet isn’t forcing you to switch profession. Just saw a Gorseval kill Video with 10 freaking Guardian. I personally went through the raid with Thieves, Guardian and Zerker Necro. All profession have a place in the raid. But of course some profession will be better than other and pug will prefer them. True enough anet should balance thing out so that the difference between the top profession and the low profession isn’t too high, but frankly whatever anet do, pugs will always ask for specific profession. That’s just human nature to ask for what they consider the best (what is actually good and best is really irrelevant in that discussion, people don’t bother with the reality).

Switch to certain role. For the role, of course we all need to fill role. Can you imagine how a raid would look like if didn’t needed any role? The dps check would be inexistant since no need to max the dps buff. Even in that situation where you can do it with anything and everything, people would still want to go fast and ask for PS Warrior, Herald, Chronomancer, etc. Just look at dungoen pre-hot. It’s not because you don’t need something that people won’t ask it.

Wait for a tank or a healer. For the tank. TBh the problem is pretty much existant. Anybody can tank with pretty much any profession and with really minimal change to their build. When raid first started we put a Guardian with his WvW gear, swap trait and voila we killed the first boss that way. For a bit we also did something similar at Gorseval and Sabetha well you don’t need a tank. So the tank problem is not gear related or profession related. It’s simply a specific role that maybe not everybody would want to do. But that’s pretty much the profession of people at this point. Why don’t you get just 2-3 pieces of exotic knight armor and tank yourself? Your a chronomancer, which is pretty much one of the best tank in the game. As for healer, you have a point there. For now it seem that only Tempest and Druid are good at that tbh and that’s a problem in my opinion. Anet should be working on a balance path to allow more profession to be able to heal and give us more option. The gear isn’t that important there either. Plenty of group run with a Druid with Zerker, Zealot, Magi, Cleric, etc gear. You kind of have several option for gear for a healer.

But you are right on experience at this point. People got that experience at a high cost. I remember spending like 12 hours on VG before our first kill. It’s was awesome, but a lot of work. Not gonna spend hours to get someone to speed if I know that person. My group is making sure we get guildmate new to raid into the group on a regular basis to show them how it work. But of course pugs won’t be like that, why would they? We had to work hard to get good at raid, now you too gonna have to do the hard work yourself. Nobody gonna give it easy to you. Find a guild, form a group of raid newb like you and train yourself like we did, I’m sure eventually some teaching guild will appear like they did with Fractal and Raids.

But Anet still have some work to do on raid. Option in the LFG for raid, squad UI working with the LFG, balance to make more profession good in raids, give the possibility to be a healer on more profession, etc.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Looking for...

Posted by: White Hunter.3416

White Hunter.3416

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chat_link_format#Item_link
Just link them as much Insigths as they want.

in Looking for...

LKOGL.3450

Looks like I need a lot of gold to craft ascended gear, and a lot of time to get through the raid if (and only if) I find a guild to raise me as a raider xD
But guys! I have a real life out there where I need to farm marks to graduate from college. This is a problem!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

We are a guild that is on the second train. We did not kill the Vale Guardian yet, as we go with the more casual approach of play what you want (we do bring a healer and tank obviously, but for our members) and we are very willing to teach new members. I cannot believe we are the only guild out there like that. If you happen to be on Desolation give me a shout, otherwise look for some smaller/medium sized guilds that are not too visible in the game.

in Looking for...

LKOGL.3450

I am in Piken Square, but I think that the servers doesn’t matter. What are your Raid times?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

For us it matters, as we do not only raid, but also jump into WvW at times.

in Looking for...

LKOGL.3450

Well, I wouldn’t say no for a guild invitation to see what is going on. If you’re serious about WvW and you’re not just casuals I might consider server transfer. I am getting sick of Piken Square anyways.
For now, I just want a guild that helps me with raids.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Aeromu.9134

Aeromu.9134

Synergy is a guild started by some friends with a goal to create a small community of friendly players. We aren’t interested in having 500 members where no one knows anyone else. We are currently playing Guild Wars 2 primarily on the Jade Quarry server.

For Guild Wars 2, we participate both PvE and organized PvP in both WvWvW and structured PvP. Most of us have been gaming together since the days before Guild Wars 1 and continue to do so. Because of our long-standing community, you will find that it is an atmosphere where everyone knows each other and learns to play well as a well-oiled machine, hence the name Synergy.

•Eight dedicated teams for Raiding(various times and days listed below – Most teams have spots open.)
•We are also looking for a raid leader a for new team.

Green: 8:00 -11:00 EST, Tuesday-Thursday
Blue: 8:30-10:30 pm EST Wednesday & Friday
Red: 9:00 – 12:00 EST, Saturday & Sunday
Yellow: 8:30 to 11:30 EST, Tuesday / Thursday
Pink: 9:00-12:00 EST, Tuesday-Thursday
Purple (Sun 1-4 EST & Mon 8-11 EST)
Orange: 8:00-11:00 pm EST Wednesday & Friday
Oceanic: (Tues, Wed, & Thurs (GMT+8 (7.30PM – 10.30PM) GMT+10 (9.30PM – 12.30AM)
Silver: Looking for a Raid Leader for PST times.

•NA server
•Eternal Title earned in multiple teams
•Last Cannon achievement(https://youtu.be/pLHAKyH0qHk)
•Focus on Living Story/Raid/PvP achievements
•Chance to play with friendly players
•Structured PvP teams
•Active TeamSpeak
•Strong leadership with two PvE officers and two PvP officers to back up our leader.
•Scheduled events including Dungeons such as high-end fractals and the like.
•Assistance with farming legendary items.
•LGBT friendly
•Our own guild podcast located at https://youtu.be/GbmafSdD0YU
•Level 45 Guild Hall and rising.
•Officer positions available for:

WvW – need one more experienced commander and players on Jade Quarry.

What we expect
•18 and up preferably
•Have a working Mic and TeamSpeak preferred
•Have a sense of humor but realize things may not always be PG13
•Attributes of a team player with a good attitude.

Feel free to check out our website: http://www.synergygw2.com

We have an application for our raid teams, however, to join you don’t have to fill this out. See below.

To join or if you have any questions feel free to PM or send in-game mail to myself or one of our officers listed below.

Guild Leader and Officers:
•Aeromu.9134
•Capulse.3542

in Looking for...

Posted by: Darkside.7182

Darkside.7182

yes it must be a challenging content but what for? problem is starting here. you can give titles, mastery and ach. points even armor-weapon skin etc. but if you say “raid is only way to get legendary armor” you gonna break your promise..

That meta thing ruining everything in gw2 for classes.. You need 7-8 good player friends at least or it’s really hard even impossible to find a group for raid in lfg system.

Actually i dont care or like raid. I’m just thinking about legendary armor. Anet should give us another ways to get it

in Looking for...

LKOGL.3450

Yes, that is the problem Darkside! Raids are the only way to get legendary weapons and that what makes all gw2 players want to finish them, but they are not meant to be for all players, they are for hardcore, organized players. That kind of … sucks?

And for your guild Aeromu, sounds a good fun place to be at, but unfortunately I am an EU player ;(