Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: DeadZombie.6928

DeadZombie.6928

Ehmry Bay has a long-standing and fine tradition of standing up against servers with vastly superior numbers and never backing down. We’ve seen our population come and go over the age of the game, but the core of our current WvW players have held steadfast and strong. We’re not the destination for you if you’re looking to blend into a mindless zerg. We’re not the destination for you if you’re wanting to ride a bandwagon. We absolutely are the destination for you if you want to build something great alongside an active and motivated playerbase. We are definitely the destination for you if you want to hone your abilities against players of all skill-levels, where the smaller fights will give you a chance to shine brightly for everyone to see. We can give you the opportunity to play at your pace and style. Ehmry Bay is a server where a few great players can still actually change the course of the war. Our members are proven and tempered in battle against often overwhelming odds, and we are still here bringing the fights to the other servers every time we can.

Ehmry’s Current State

So, what is the current state of Ehmry Bay? We currently have 3-5 guilds with a mixture of expertise in WvW. All of these guilds can field anywhere from 10- 20 on a good [NA Primetime] night. Also, we have can typically have 20-50 non-WvW guild players active during NA Primetime that are much less then we used to be able to produce. The bane of our existence has always been a lack of any organized OCX/SEA guild. Some of our loyalist members are those that play during these hours. Holding what they can through the night.

Our PvE base is very strong. Those looking for PvE guilds that have active members, this is an excellent server for you. True, we lost most of our WvW guilds, but few PvE guilds changed. We offer a wide variety of small/medium/large guilds in the PvE aspect of the game. The leaders are helpful and encourage players to try new things and learn everything about the game. We’ve recently had an influx of PvE players move to Ehmry as well.

A few of Ehmry’s more PvE focused guilds have announced their intentions to field groups in WvW more often than in the past. This will help fill in numbers, while learning how to fully contribute to success in WvW.
So we have a solid core of members that have WvW experience, as well as the wish to grow and return to our prime again. We can’t promise you good fights or total map domination. However, we can give you a foundation to build from.

We offer a community website from everything to community events, WvW discussions, Ehmry Trading, build suggestions, guides, and other community oriented discussions. Highly active and fun forum, featuring healthy debate and stable, reliable administration. Enforcement of rules is fair, consistent, and utterly realistic. A variety of entertaining personalities are on display and the sense of community is strong.

Ehmry Bay’s Combat Healer:

Sorrows Knight, Image, Wraith, and Reaver

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

DeadZombie.6928

Ehmry’s Rebirth

Ehmry Bay is looking to rebuild. We offer a solid foundation to build off. We’re primarily looking for WvW guilds that are wishing to grow or rebuild with us.

We don’t want a guild that wishes to “run the show” and erase what we have. We will gladly accept any guild that wishes to make a difference, no matter how big or small your guild is. However, we don’t guilds that only plan on running league with us and hopping off down the road. We’ve never been a bandwagon server.

Our current guilds offer a wide variety of different options. We currently have a medley of skill groups, EBG guild(s), home defense, and roaming/havoc specialized guilds.

We want a few guilds that want to grow with the server. Slowly build up our core again and expand from there. Also, we want players that have the desire to win, but not the requirement that we win. The fights will be tough until we rebuild, so winning isn’t a priority. The guilds we are looking for are those that wish for long term success rather than immediate.

Recently we have been graced with an experienced OCX commander. Now we just need to field some bodies behind him so that we have more offense than defense during the NA nighttime.

Here on Ehmry, the players make a difference rather than the numbers. We’ve long established our fighting prowess against enemy numbers twice or even three times our size in head to head combat. Ehmry Bay is one of the best servers for new WvW players that wish to learn how to fight in groups without learning via “trial by fire”. This means that there is a good chance newcomers will be able to find a group of people that they actually like playing with. Alternately, one could start a new WvW guild, or not join one at all! Furthermore, because players are rarer and thus more valued (due to scarcity), you can expect more friendliness and much more autonomy for individuals and for guilds.

We also have a community TS server for gathering people in each map. Guild channel slots are available as well for free. Guilds are still welcomed to use their personal TS servers if they wish.

If you feel Ehmry might be of interest to you as a player or as a guild, feel free to talk to:

Kääos of [CoS]

Soul Less of [oG]

Crosius Tharlun of [CoT]

Also, please make a post on Ehmry Bay’s server forum www.ehmry.com if you are interested in more information on the server.

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: UltraElectroMagnetic.2187

UltraElectroMagnetic.2187

I am Ehmry Bay’s SEA Crew and I approve of this message.

Ultra – Guardgineer – Onyx Guard [oG]
Ehmry Bay

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

I said it before….Ehmry is the 300 at the hot gates. Iron born, looking for more Spartans like us in the field.

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Lucey.1452

Lucey.1452

This is a great server and I highly recommend it for people who prefer not taking the easy way out *cough**cough* HoD cough, sorry about that.

P.S. WET has been exacting plenty of vengeance for Ebay…ZoD, Hood, GH, and ZOMG bags are always the sweetest and easiest to acquire. See you in a couple of weeks FUNK (former Void).

SoS
Professional Bag Farmer and Under Bridge Resider

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: MeanCoffeeBean.2073

MeanCoffeeBean.2073

Ehmry is hot, wet, and waiting for you! $1.99 for the first minute, $0.49 per minute afterward. Applicable charges may apply. Not liable for strained marriages, incredible skirmishes, golem rushes on your keep, or wanton women throwing themselves at you.

Also: Thanks Lucey. We were locked in the tier with you guys for ages, and had some great fights.

Fluttershy – Mesmer
Clarishy – Ranger
Tinkershy – Engineer

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Also, the Ehmry Bay forums are great. It actually feels like a democracy there, unlike in some forums where totalitarianism and tyranny are the norms.

Also, did we mention that transferring to Ehmry Bay is free?

Ehmry Bay

(edited by UltraElectroMagnetic.2187)

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ryuken.2789

Ryuken.2789

We may have hit the bottom, but the true Ehmry-born soldiers take out zergs twice our size!

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

not bottom yet, but wow Kaineng must have gotten transfers or something because they’re now playing above their rating.

not sure how long we can hold them back.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

souless.1935

ehmry forums are ehmry.com also we have ts.ehmry.com as well for your ts needs! Come join the spartan server!

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I recommend Ehmry Bay.

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Ryuken.2789

Joining EBay also greatly decreases the chance of dying in my Meteor Showers (it’ll only happen in PvP at that point). Do you need a better reason?

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: gwpool.4378

gwpool.4378

Proud to call Ebay home since launch. Great community.

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Soul Evil.2734

Soul Evil.2734

Last among all in WvW population….

First among all in WvW skill….

Please don’t transfer to our server……. We can’t collect the bags you drop

Kääos – Collectors of Souls [CoS]
Ehmry Bay

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

You can come to Ehmry Bay now. We have no blob left so no more bad influences.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

Ehmry Bay didn’t have the advantage of having been an established beta test community, and we didn’t have the advantage of being carried by members of an Internet community that existed years before GW2 came to be.

Ehmry Bay was never in the running for top tier and those who consistently wanted to play in the Top 3 or the Top 5 have long since left the server. If you want to be in the top tier then you shouldn’t transfer to Ehmry Bay because we won’t get there unless we get a huge influx of active WvWers across all time zones, which is an unrealistic assumption.

With over 67,000 posts to date we do have the most active GW2 server forum community at ehmry.com where the moderation style is laid back and you aren’t exposed to temper tantrum throwing prima donna admins/mods.

Through Ehmry Bay’s ups and downs the forum provides stability and the forum resource isn’t at risk to just fizzle due to the owner transferring or losing interest as happened so many other server communities in the past.

Some say that Ehmry Bay has/had a lot more drama than other servers. I believe that we have just as much drama as other servers, the difference is that we actually have a place where that drama can be aired for all to see. Whether that’s good or bad is for the reader to decide, but at the very least “what you see is what you get” with Ehmry Bay and we do not delete the inconvenient truth just to present a facade of rainbows and pink unicorns.

On Ehmry Bay, and really on any other server this far down in tiers, your contribution as individual truly matters. You can actually make a difference and you can actually shape the course the server takes.

The people who are left on Ehmry Bay at this point really care, and that makes all the difference when it comes to the enjoyment and entertainment value players received from the game. The WvW commanders who are left care about being good with the limited resources they have. This one gal who runs “Tour de Waypoint” events in PvE and forum events week after week cares. The guy who maintains the public TS server even though he had to put up with all kinds of kitten cares so much that he maintains the server even though he isn’t on Ehmry anymore till we can get the license issues sorted out and transfer it to an Ehmry player. The guy who runs the forum (which isn’t plastered with ads like many other forums, and makes that guy no money at all) cares for Ehmry Bay players and will keep running the forum till Anet pulls the plug on the server (and probably beyond).

You can find good people on many servers, and you should absolutely get a feel for the top tier attitude so you know what it is like to be in tier 1, then come and check us out and see what it’s like when you play with people who care.

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Ryuken.2789

Well put, Humpink. Way better than my tiny and comical (to me, anyway) blurbs. =P

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Not only is all our server “drama” pretty much recorded on our forums, but almost all of it is resolved peacefully. Many times the mods and admins don’t have to intervene; the community resolves it together, then turns the thread into cat gif spam, which then forces the admin to intervene and lock the thread xD

Seriously, though. One of the best things about Ehmry Bay is the community forum, and without that, I probably wouldn’t be staying on Ehmry. Without it, I wouldn’t have gotten to meet a lot of friends, awesome WvW players and commanders that taught me how to be good/useful in WvW, and great guilds as well, and though most of them left, I maintain my respect for them because of all the amazing times I’ve had in GW2 because of them. It also allowed friendly interaction with commanders/players from rival servers, even.

I love this server, even if our night crew is pretty much only a squad’s worth of people on average.

Ehmry Bay

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Oh and we’re like, super cool.

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

DeadZombie.6928

Hey, today is the last day for transfers!

Come join Ehmry Bay and let’s make this season a super competitive one. Bronze league has the potential to be the most evenly matched all around. Skill and strategy still play a role down here in the Bronze League. Roamers and Havocs can capture keeps, SM flips regularly, and you’re not forced to wait in queues. Fights are fair and fun, no super guilds running the whole show. Everyone who participates has seen hard times, but they still believe in a better future. Let’s make that happen. No need to win the tournament, but at least we can give them fight.

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

That Bronze League will likely be most evenly matched cannot be overstated. It’s going to be a bear to be stuck in an uneven match, so join Ehmry Bay and have a fighting chance!

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

souless.1935

bronze is actually a great league so far…for anyone still contemplating a move, not liking the queues higher up, its a great destination server to have fights, have fun and have very little queue times if any at all!

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

Been playing since launch, heck since beta weekends and the 3-day headstart.

Always been on Ehmry Bay, BUT I am a PvE player, always have been. So take this from a guy who is really seeing his server’s WvWvW capability for the first time. I want one of those mistforged weapons so I am jumping into WvW for the next few weeks.

Last 2 nights, especially yesterday when I was on nearly all day, I ran around with various zergs and small strike forces. I will say with an unbiased opinion (remember, I never really been a WvW player, I just want the mistforged weapon) that I seen Ebay’s prowess on the battlefield and it’s amazing. At the time of writing this I am only rank 18 and only been doing WvW hard for 2 days now.

More than one person has said that Ebay can and has taken on zergs 2-3 times their size and it’s absolutely true. I seen it with my own eyes and participated in it. It’s only on occasion do they get wiped but most times it’s either a strategic retreat only to come back later or hit them again, or we route them. Even I am skeptical when I see it. I noted myself as saying “We can’t fight that!” but they stay and they win the fight, to me I just don’t understand it. What I think happened is many of the folks jumped ship to other servers and those that were left behind were the absolute best at what they do. People actually listen to commanders during sieges and skirmishes. Nobody on our side really engages until the commander yells push then you just see the wave roll over the enemy. They know when and when not to fight.

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

souless.1935

The spartan server does it again ^^

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

souless.1935

p.s we were also the first to kill the marrionette too.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Rebuilding Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

Really, if it was possible to get just one more wvw guild it would make the biggest difference in the world

Too many times I’ve said in the past week “Just another group of 10-20 people and we’d have a far easier time”

In both our matchups we get to face servers with zergs roaming round the clock and in the middle of the night. Our first matchup Ebay actually had the most player/sentry kills despite coming in second by 70-80k points behind kaineng. Kaineng was just blob city with 24 hour coverage. I know ebay has the ability to fight, but we just don’t have the numbers for coverage!

WE NEED COVERAGE, EVEN IF IT’S JUST TO COVER AND HARASS ANOTHER BORDERLANDS!