Returning Player Looking for a New Home

in Looking for...

Posted by: Frostpyro.5942

Frostpyro.5942

Alright, as the title says I am looking for a guild to join up with. I played on Crystal Desert, but I am looking for a guild on any server. If I find one that I feel comforable with, I will eventually transfer over for guild WvW. Before I list everything that I am looking for in a guild, let me give you a little background on myself.

About Me
I am a 24 year old guy that has been gaming since he was 5 years old playing Ultima on MS-DOS and getting entrenched in Warcraft: Orcs vs Humans.

I started my MMO experience in EQ2 and quickly moved on into open beta of WoW. I played WoW very competitively pushing for US firsts up through the very beginning of Cataclysm.

After that, I burned out on the whole “WoW” style of MMO. When GW2 was released I got immersed in the lands of Tyria and beyond, though due to life circumstances I stopped playing for about a year.

And now here we are today. I have just started playing again about a month ago. I salvaged my 3 old characters and made my new Guardian and Elementalist for a fresh start.

In the past I have led and been an officer in many guilds. I have no problem helping the guild out with whatever the need is. When I find a guild and commit I am there to see it grow into its full potential.

Now onto my needs in a guild…

• Must use VOIP AND hang out in it. I am a mumble junkie myself and I love to just hang out while running world completion or doing dailies. Most guilds I have found recently only get on for WvW and you never hear from them till next time.
  • I prefer a smaller sized guild. I understand that “zerg” guilds have an advantage, but I am looking for a guild “home,” not just benefits.
  • Willing to teach. Now this is harder for me because of my pride, but I have no idea where to start in WvW as I have never had the time to get into it, BUT I want to learn, and I learn quickly.
  • Must play both PvE and PvP. I will get burned out on one if that is all anyone does.
  • Must be thick skinned. Now saying this, as for me, I don’t use any type of vulgar language nor do I bring up vulgar topics, but I know many people that do, and I have many friends that do, and nothing irritates me more than somebody throwing a fit because it isn’t “family friendly” conversation.
  • Must play late in the evenings. I play during the day a bit, but my main focus on gaming is around 8:00pm till 2:00am CST.

Anyhow, hit me up or post here if you have a guild that I may be looking for, or even know of one. I can’t really enjoy an MMO until I find a group of people to play with.

Thanks All!

in Looking for...

Posted by: kelica.8406

kelica.8406

Hi there Frostpyro! I believe that MadCast Gaming [MCG] on SOR is that place for you! We are all of the above plus we always have events etc going on during the week. We also as a gaming community we dont just play guild wars 2 but we play many many others. Our website is madcastgaming.com or feel free to contact me in game at kelica.8406.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Hey Frostpyro,

You might be interested in Cynical [CYN].

We use the server’s Mumble for voice chat. Many of us just log in when we start the game and chat regardless of what we’re doing, but we do have rooms for dungeons, fractals, etc.

You can see most of the other details from our recruitment thread here:
Click here

About the thickness of skin.. We are 18+ so cursing is fine. We don’t tolerate racist/homophobic/generally offensive jokes. I know some people lump 18+ in with that kind of stuff, so I wanted to make that part clear.

Our prime is probly 6pm-12pm EST, but the PSTers are on till quite late after that.

From your post, it sounds like you’d be a good fit, so if you’d like to try Cynical, please login and apply on our Enjin website.

Thanks!

in Looking for...

Posted by: HaloaOhana.2073

HaloaOhana.2073

The Remnants of Hope is based on Tarnished Coast and offers PvX, RP, and WvW while maintaining a fun and social atmosphere in both TS3 and guild chat. We do ask that things remain mature in chat.. no name calling, vulgarities, etc because we value our member base and want to make sure no one is uncomfortable. However, with that being said in my almost 2 years in the guild there hasn’t been many fits thrown because of something that has been said. We all keep is civil and have become a family that doesn’t feel it’s a chore to come on and play but we get on because we want to hang out with our friends and have a good time!

If you would like to know more please check out http://www.remnantsofhope.com/gw2 and/or send me a message in game

Recruitment officer for Remnants of Hope

(edited by HaloaOhana.2073)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Val Sokord.6587

Val Sokord.6587

Hi,

I represent Dissentient [DIS] on Tarnished Coast, we are a mature guild, meaning life comes first; even for our principal members. We pretty much do everything. Guild missions are on Sundays, and we have several who command in WvW on various nights of the week. We are more than willing to teach WvW or Fractals or anything else you want to do, we have all levels of experience in the guild. Dungeons, and fractals (high levels 40+) are also common both before and after WvW or Missions.

We are also expanding to other events, such as this last Tuesday when we all the did the Aetherblade jump puzzle in Gendarran Fields, which meant a lot of death and portals for those of us, me, who sometimes fail at jumping. We try to make sure everyone has a good time no matter where they choose to play. You may end up running it to a situation that you “shouldn’t” be in (a huge zerg or off a cliff) and die, or you may prove you’re awesome and survive, either is good.

We chat using mumble, its not required just really helpful, and use it to organize groups that are doing “X” right now, to joke around and just hang out with some cool people, or have guild meetings when needed. Most of our members can at least listen even if they don’t have a mic to talk. Conversations are generally varied from work type stuff to old D&D experiences to game techniques.

Week day timing usually starts around 7 EST and Runs to varying degrees of lateness depending on the night. Weekends tend to be mid afternoon EST and run into the night.

If you’d like to get a taste of our guild message me in game and I’ll let you know what the guild is up to. Also you can look into the guild at http://dissentient.org/

-Val

in Looking for...

Posted by: ValKere.1645

ValKere.1645

We’d be glad to have you! I have a small but growing guild on Darkhaven (with members on Desolation as well -contact Yukidaruma.3269). Warriors of United Darkness in a casual PvX guild, we’ve started doing Bounty Training and Dungeon Runs with more events coming as soon as possible. We focus on helping players with tactics and just learning different mechanics of GW2. PM if interested, and we do allow guests if you’d like to see how you like the group. You can contact me (ValKere.1645 or Leiyoria in game) or the Sergeant Dragoril (Dragoril.7356)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Polly Wogger.9716

Polly Wogger.9716

Frostpyro,

Uber Noobz. (NooB) is looking for new and seasoned players to join our guild.

About us:
NooBs is an established guild on Sorrow’s Furnace whose founders originated in Guild Wars 1 and have been around since beta and launch.

Our main goal is to relax and have fun with the game, not create a second job for people. Therefore, the guild is easy going and we welcome players of all skill levels, experience, and time spent in game. We have no explicit age requirements, rules, or lengthy application processes. That being said, if you are not comfortable with either a guild that likes course humor or hearing a couple curse words here and there, we may not be the best fit for you.

What we have to offer:
»Currently 100+ members and growing, most of our members are on evening and weekends, but we do have a small daytime presence as well. We work hard to help our members meet and exceed their in-game goals.

»Dungeon Crawling: We have people able to run any type of dungeon (fotm up to lvl 30) including the typical speed runs and don’t mind teaching new members. We actively track dungeon progression and try to get our members their “Dungeon Master” achievement.

»Active Ventrilo: Speaking is NOT required but always encouraged as much as possible. Not only is this helpful in most group situations but it also allows you to connect with your guild mates beyond the occasionally desolate guild chat.

»Events & Activities: Active world boss participation, living story event participation, guild bonuses/banners, guild events, giveaways, and activities.

»Guild missions: We run guild bounties, treks, rushes and challenges so that our members may enjoy the benefits of guild commendations. We will be reaching guild puzzles and full guild unlock very soon.

»Experienced leaders: Our leaders and officers are veteran Guild Wars players with multiple max level characters of all races and classes able to answer questions and offer assistance.

»Online Community: Website updated frequently to keep members current with events, forums discussions, Facebook Group, and many useful resources to enhance in-game experiences.

What we expect from you:
»Representation: We do NOT require 100% representation at this time, but we do ask and encourage people to represent as much as possible and join in guild events and groups. Don’t make us be your over attached girlfriend constantly pestering you with PMs to come hang out with us.

»Activity: Be active and be part of the guild! We do NOT require a specific amount of activity per week or demand your constant attention, but we don’t need members as placeholder. Please make an effort to be part of the guild and join in groups.

»Resources: Utilize your resources. Our website is the best place to keep up on events and discussions. We know not everyone is super talkative, but we want members to interact, guild chat and Ventrilo provides you that service.

For recruitment you need simply hit us up online http://noobz.guildportal.com or send a message in-game to myself (Wogger) or one of other other recruiters: Phyxius Animus, Kaden Kuvalai, CW, Optimal Primus, or Mystical Werewolf.