Returning player: friendly and questing!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Andraxal.5786

Andraxal.5786

I live in Oregon and operate in the time zone. Been home after finishing school so have plenty of time to play. I’m mature, willing to help and join others. Would love to have a party buddy to explore and conquer areas.

in Looking for...

Posted by: RedJustice.1548

RedJustice.1548

Hi Andraxal! Welcome back to GW2! The game is so much more fun with a good group of friends; once you find a guild you will never be able to leave again, haha.

You don’t mention your server— my guild, MadCast Gaming, is on Sanctum of Rall, but you can feel free to guest for as long as you want if you are elsewhere. Some of our members never transfer, so that is ok, but if you ever want to transfer in the future, we are happy to help dedicated and involved members save for the transfer. If you are unsure of how to guest, let me know and I will help you! We are most active between 7 PM and 3 AM EST. (4-12 your time)

MadCast is a gaming community that is bigger than GW2, but we are working on growing our GW2 sector right now. You can check out our website at www.madcastgaming.com for more info. I especially suggest you read through the forums some to get a feel for what we are all about! Here are some points you may find attractive about MadCast:

• We have a mature community. While MadCast has no specific age requirements we do have high expectations for maturity. You will find kind, patient people and no drama. The vast majority of our members are over 18 (especially in GW2). Most of our GW2 members are older with careers, and many have families and children.
  • We are a serious community with casual gameplay. In other words, the main expectations we have for members revolves around positive contribution to the community and not on a packed GW2 schedule attendance. If you are active in the forums and show up to play a few times a week, that is good enough for us. Additionally, because we are casual our community is made out of all levels of players. We have many very new players, some new to gaming in general, and our environment is built on kindness and helpfulness. People will be happy to answer you questions and guide you through things no matter how basic or advanced. We love new and returning players! ^^
  • We have a super awesome, active TeamSpeak group. We enforce strict rules of respectfulness and tolerance among our players, making it a safe friendly place for everyone. People of all types feel comfortable joining in the conversation and making new friends.
  • Our community is bigger than in-game. We have a website with a lot of activity and heavy forum use. This is a huge asset because we have people who play all kinds of games over at MadCast, and the forums really serve as the uniting factor among people.

If you check out our website, you will see information about becoming a Full Member of MadCast. This is not something you need to do right away. Our guild welcomes ‘Associate’ Members, meaning we will add you to the guild, you are free to use our TeamSpeak and join our Forums, but you do not have complete access rights for the guild bank, or accessing certain Full Member parts of our forum. This is a good way to find out if MadCast is the right fit for you before applying. In the long run, to gain any ranking position, we require people to be an official MadCast Full Member.

If you want to, I’d love to invite you to join us and meet some of our members. I would encourage you to join us in our TeamSpeak (you can find information about that here: http://www.madcastgaming.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?2-New-to-MadCast) and post an introduction thread on our forums. Alternatively, you can private message me in game, and I would be happy to add you in to one of our parties. TeamSpeak is our main form of communication, and even if you aren’t comfortable using your mic, it would be great if you installed it just to listen to the chatter. Quite a few of our members participate this way.

If you have any questions you can message me in game, post here, or join our forums and ask there. Good luck finding a place for you! <3

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shotofed.6754

Shotofed.6754

Hello there,

If you are still looking…my guild is recruiting. We are friendly and help our guildies as much as we can. We are not a big guild but a close one. We have voice chat which is axondolby.com, in my opinion is the best out there and free. We have just about all the mastercrafters u could need. Very casual, despite our name “Murderers” lol. We have but one requirement, and that is you have to have a sense of humor and have fun. PM in game to Ayecaramba or here is fine. You can also apply at our website murderers.guildlaunch.com Look forward to hearing from you and if not, good luck to you.
One question though..you did not mention what server you were on …we are located on Gate of Madness server. If this is not an issue, please go ahead and contact me.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Andraxal.5786

Andraxal.5786

I don’t understand what the server differences is. I think I’m on Ehmry Bay.

in Looking for...

Posted by: RedJustice.1548

RedJustice.1548

It tells you what server you are on at your character select screen. The server you belong to only matters for WvWvW, since that is the server wars, so to speak. Every single other part of GW2 can be played on any server you care to guest to.

I hope that answered your question; I am not exactly sure what you are asking. :o