Ruins Of Surmia, your perfect server!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

Ruins of Surmia

Looking to transfer? Then read below!

So guys, as this is Ruins of Surmia’s first recruitment post, i apologize for any spelling mistakes that you see!

Before you select your server, let me share with you some information about our server. Some of the guilds you will be fighting alongside with:-

DeX – The kitten Express
VcY – Velocity
FRS – Fremen Seitch
RiOT – The Civil Rebels
ELDa – Elder Legion of Damascus
CoNe – Coagulative Necrosis
IM – Inner Monkies
WAR – We Create Legends
RISE – From Fire We Rise
MooN – The Knight Krew
AOTM – Avengers of the Mists

Below you might find a few questions you might ask yourself before you start scouting our server.

1. Ok, so what do you guys have to offer us?

We can offer you the use of our very own alliance Teamspeak, with your own channels of which you can create sub channels as and when needed. We also have our very own alliance website which you are free to use.

You get the opportunity to be part of great alliance coordination fight along side some of the best t1 guilds and maybe even fight them yourselves. We generally have fun in wvw and dont stop there, we have our fun moments but when we need to, we really push to make things happen as a server.

2. What are your queue times like?

Whats a queue time?! Seriously, we have a 5 – 10 minute queue on eb at prime time, the rest of the time no queues anywhere.

It is possible that we have a queue on home borderland only when something is under serious attack, then every guild just drops everything they are doing, saves whatever is under attack and goes back!

3. Hows your night Presence?

We now have 1 American/Canadian guild on our server and potentially one more joining us within a week or so. On top of this we have a dedicated night team who are focused on defending while the others cap the hell out of everything else.

4. What is the server’s primary Language?

Most of us are English if not we all speak English excellently as such we can all use TS with each other no matter what guild we are in.

5. What is there in terms of GvGs this low down in the leaderboards?

The only guilds i know that gvg are RiOT and VcY however i think our guilds have been getting a little bit more involved in this and as such, fully support each other in their activites. Dont think theres no guilds who cant challenge you in t6 and below

6. We like open field fights, are there any?

Yes,there is plenty of fun and kills!

Just to recap. No queues, GvGs are available, Ally TS (if needed) plenty of night coverage.

So guys, are you sick of queues? do you want healthy competition and fights?
If your answer is yes then please message me ingame or on here!

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

(edited by Cradorell.3941)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

Perfect summary of what our server and community is like, as for me personally.. I came from Aurora Glade, transfered to Underworld and then moved on to Ruins of Surmia, been here for a couple of months now and enjoyed every single bit of it.

We get the closest fights out of all European servers, as of now the score stands
Underworld – 39 845
Ruins of Surmia – 34 466
Arborstone – 35 565

Which almost means ANY guild transfer or even individual players that transfer over will make a difference. WvW is so much fun but we need a bit more coverage.

Here is some footage from the fights we get;

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXfMAg17GPQ
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o74Mgg_gYk0
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPhulNufz3A

If you are unsatisfied with your server I can only ask you to consider Surmia, you won’t be disappointed.

(edited by Sceinna.3561)

in Looking for...

Posted by: AryasRevenge.3175

AryasRevenge.3175

Long time no see sceinna :p

in Looking for...

Posted by: Hamham.7504

Hamham.7504

I have one important question. Will drinks and snacks be provided free of charge!?

:D

But seriously. Which guilds could a single random follow? I assume RiOT and VcY don’t want people following them.
Secondly, I’ve never had skill lag. Having watched videos from some of the servers above mine I do see some skill lag. So what’s it like normally?
And lastly, for now, is there a time where you found you are extremely outnumbered? It gets boring feeling powerless all the time.

Thanks for your time homeboys.

Just how banana am I.

in Looking for...

Cradorell.3941

Food is provided free of charge. We actually have raids where pugs can follow during the week so there are opportunities to join us on our blob killing tactics! Well tbh we only know whakittens like in T1 and trust me when i say i cannot play with 10 second lag its ridiculous. Ive also spoke to a few people in tiers below like 3 and 4 and they still get lag, but in our tier there is no lag!

No were never extremely outmanned apart from when we get RNG into t3, then we generally just try and kill the epicly bad skilled blobs

But yes, free drinks and snacks, no lag apart from a bit when theres a massive fight in SM, other than thakittens all good

in Looking for...

Posted by: Hamham.7504

Hamham.7504

Oooh, it’s interesting to hear you have public raids! That kind of surprised me. Also good to note about the lack of skill lag and not being powerless at certain times. :>Also also, free food to stuff my face with.

Thanks for the answers! *’-’)/

Just how banana am I.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Aiden.6483

Aiden.6483

Oh man, Ruins of Surmia brings up memories. Wish you guys best of luck and lots of love…
Ex-[Mrat], Julia Tranceweaver.

Mediocre multiclasser,
PvP & WvW roaming

in Looking for...

Posted by: comacat.5287

comacat.5287

In addition to the public VcY and RiOT raids, a couple of the other guilds (GoA and DeX being two of the main ones) try and pop badges for people to follow. Also, as Crad said in the OP, we have a community wide RoS teamspeak server that we attempt to get everyone into while commanding to make life easier.

Jimmeh
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
www.firstlightgaming.com

(edited by comacat.5287)

in Looking for...

Posted by: piker.6790

piker.6790

Massive respect to all RoS’s comunity!

/bow

[sr] Anticracy – Charr Engineer
Solo roamer
Currently roaming on Vabbi

in Looking for...

Cradorell.3941

/bow

Thanks very much, you know you want to come back! ^^

in Looking for...

Sceinna.3561

/bow

Thanks very much, you know we want you to come back! ^^

^ Fix

Surmia has a massive amount of respect for XxX.. especially I miss stalking you guys.
With the randomized matchups there is no excuse for you not to come back.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Crad covered most of what i liked to know on TS but afew more questions;

What time is usually primetime for the server and the servers you mostly fight?

What kind of population can we expect to meet (Friendly and Enemy) in BLs during the day, during prime time and during the night?

How many randoms do you guys usually have running with you (not in the main wvw guilds) if you run a public event?

Decided on moving to this server, transfer is up Tuesday. Will be bringing an unknown amount of people with me from Desolation (not lots!) and really looking forward to playing with you guys

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Looking for...

Cradorell.3941

Prime Time is from around 6pm until midnight or so, and its similar for the other servers we face.

Population o EB is normally full, home borderland is just heavily scouted, while other major wvw guilds tend to have fun in the other 2 borderlands, so nothing really gets full.

Randoms in borderlands can be around 10 or so no more than 15 though with tag up, if tag isnt on then its just 1 or 2 and they are normally in teamspeak, in EB there is generally 2 zergs running around, some in TS also.

I look forward to listening too your commanding when you transfer

We are very excited to be getting a new guild to the server!

Kind regards
Ruins of Surmia Alliance

in Looking for...

Posted by: The Umpire.9510

The Umpire.9510

/bow
Once Were Noobs [XxX]
Main: Entropic Nurse – Asura Guardian Tank/Support
Alts: Anticracy, War Stomper and Infamis Piker

you guys missed a lot xD when we see XxX back?

Raidleader stikkomaniacs
Guild: SFRJ
Server: FSP

in Looking for...

Cradorell.3941

We have one or two guilds coming over soon, perhaps looking for one more!

in Looking for...

Sceinna.3561

Still looking for new guilds to join our server.

We have great and dedicated guilds and a pretty good night time force, problem is that we lack 1 or 2 more guilds for comfort reasons.

We have VcY, RiOT, DeX and numerous smaller guilds that are extremely dedicated and skilled but it is not enough for the tier we are aiming for. We lack coverage/numbers.

Our server has a lot of potential and very good fights, consider us.

in Looking for...

Posted by: The Umpire.9510

The Umpire.9510

Still looking for new guild!….

Raidleader stikkomaniacs
Guild: SFRJ
Server: FSP

in Looking for...

Sceinna.3561

Need guilds.. as of now many contacts but no one concrete. We have brilliant and skilled guilds but we lack coverage and our guilds are burning out slowly, you can’t progress anywhere if you’re constantly being called to defend this and that.

If we have one extra guild to cover our backs a little it’d relieve a lot of stress and make our WvW enjoyable again. Consider us.

in Looking for...

Cradorell.3941

All right guys, we have an awesome American guild currently in transition to our server, guild tag is MooN from Fergussons Crossing. Looking for a few guilds for prime time! Please pm me in game or send me a message and we can have a chat! Many thanks

in Looking for...

Sceinna.3561

^

Great fights, no queues etc… all info can be found in the main post!

in Looking for...

Cradorell.3941

2 More great EU guilds coming over today/tomorrow for prime time! LF Australian or any early morning coverage, as well as some daytime coverage guilds. PM me for more info

in Looking for...

Sceinna.3561

Giving [WAR] an appropriate welcome to Ruins of Surmia! ^^

in Looking for...

Sceinna.3561

r15 Far Shiverpeaks – 77 391
r18 Fort Ranik – 80 154
r20 Ruins of Surmi – 75 559

We are able to somewhat keep up but the situation is still similar as to it was in the initial post. We could really do with one extra guild atleast. <3

Why consider us? We are the smallest competitive server with a good structure but we lack dedication, guilds, pugs.. you’re not expected to carry the server, we have two amazing guilds doing this… but your presence will help a lot if you can cover our backs just a little.

All information needed can be found in the posts above or the main post.

in Looking for...

Cradorell.3941

in Looking for...

Sceinna.3561

Going to be fair in this topic, we have lost Velocity one of the pillars in our server. On the bright side, we are leading right now vs r15 & 18 being r20.

Far Shiverpeaks – 185 025
Fort Ranik – 194 083
Ruins of Surmia – 197 102

However, we need reinforcements more than ever.. it’s not about the points here, it’s about having an enjoyable WvW. No queues, no blobbing (from our side atleast ;D), no skill lag (doesn’t occer much). If you are a guild from higher tiers tired of these things, we have been there and done that. RiOT originates from SFR and fled due to queues & skill lag. Our competitive side has never left us however. We are not aiming to bring this server high up in the very same tiers we have fled, but we want to archieve being a stable mid tier server where the best fights are to be found.

in Looking for...

Posted by: NorthKorea.4256

NorthKorea.4256

It seems thing have taken for the worse in Surmia with RiOT now leaving. We desperately need new guilds to transfer to our server to stop us from being outmanned.

in Looking for...

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

Pretty sad. You were great opponents. I hope RoS will wake from the dead. I recommend RoS for anyone wanting a mid-low tier eu server providing great fights and fearless even when outnumbered.

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

in Looking for...

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

How things have changed on ROS; couple of months (approximately) back it was common for me to queue on Saturday & Sunday mornings for world vs world. Since them I have queued once. Why the departure of so many people? It’s becoming frustrating being constantly out numbered, having to recapture keeps every 20 minutes…yes, 3 times in an hour one night lol. Sure we can still put up some good battles at times against evenly matched servers……
Some of the servers we competed well against or dominated in the past now make a mockery of us. Does not help being matched against what appear to be much higher ranked servers either. It would be sad to see ROS die off as has happened with some of the other servers.
I’m starting to feel like a veteran now after reading players stating they just hit level 70 odd, so I guess we have quite a few new players in the W v W ranks. One thing I found astonishing is how many players came out of the wood work when we were fighting Scartlett’s minions – there were massive numbers. Highlights the disparity in numbers between ‘living world’ events & W v W.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nekkma.8961

Nekkma.8961

Status of RoS wvw nowdays? We are a couple of people coming back to the game and are spread out on two very high pop servers. Free transfer to RoS is interesting. Last few posts in this thread indicate some setbacks in wvw pop tho…

in Looking for...

Posted by: Madthunder.6581

Madthunder.6581

Status of RoS wvw nowdays? We are a couple of people coming back to the game and are spread out on two very high pop servers. Free transfer to RoS is interesting. Last few posts in this thread indicate some setbacks in wvw pop tho…

We are starting to stabilise abit but need more people for morning/prime time and maybe night time

Smashys – 80 – Commander of [A]dvanced [T]atics – Ruins of Surmia

in Looking for...

Posted by: nojas.8209

nojas.8209

Here are a lot of ppl upgrading stuff, even though we loose them every day again (still it helps us, to keep and defend them longer, for example 25 bt + 5 golems couldnt breach hills against 3 defenders this morning, when they breached outter after 1h we did drive them back (with a little bit of help)
And we had a wp in SM before we lost it this morning. If we would have a little bit more coverage we would do quite well
So everyone is more than welcome to join us!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Callum Walker.3249

Callum Walker.3249

I’m thinking about transferring to this server from Aurora Glade since the transfer is free but doesn’t RoS have a Spanish community, I preferably want a majority English community?

Server: Aurora Glade [EU]
Characters: Ester Daemond – 80 – Thief
Lyssa Daemond – 50 – Elementalist

in Looking for...

Posted by: justthat.5214

justthat.5214

afaik surmia has an english community

The one and only [SLAP] mesmer ~ Ruins of Surmia

in Looking for...

johnnymiller.5968

Plenty of English speaking people on ros.

in Looking for...

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

english all over the way

in Looking for...

Posted by: Loewenherz.1036

Loewenherz.1036

I’m thinking about transfering over to RoS because of the WvW but also the normal PvE. As the Server is only medium populated (mine is high but i think there are so few pople on) idk if it’s worth it. How’s the Server Population compared to other worlds? And how is this World performing in WvW?

in Looking for...

johnnymiller.5968

I’m thinking about transfering over to RoS because of the WvW but also the normal PvE. As the Server is only medium populated (mine is high but i think there are so few pople on) idk if it’s worth it. How’s the Server Population compared to other worlds? And how is this World performing in WvW?

Compared to Piken Square where I played for one week during the free transfers the number in PvE & WvW are far less, also I play from New Zealand so my time zone impacts on the amount of players around when I’m logged in. It can be very quiet in PvE & WvW between 3pm & 9pm NZ time.
Generally in WvW ros has struggled against at least one side so I am guessing our server rank stays static or on occasion heads backward. This may change now players/guilds are returning plus some new players/guilds transferred over.

The current match up is totally one sided, sadly.

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Posted by: justthat.5214

justthat.5214

bump for surmia!
remember to get the prizes/achievement you have to actively play in wvw… and be in queue for hours does not count toward that.
Plus the transfer is free.

The one and only [SLAP] mesmer ~ Ruins of Surmia