Sea of Sorrows - The Comeback Kid

in Looking for...

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Sea of Sorrows has traveled a long road up to this point. We’ve had multiple matches with close calls as we climbed the WvW ladder to the very top rung. And then we fell right back down again, to no less than precisely where we began.

Six months has changed a lot. New tactics, new experiences and new faces – not least from now being able to see who you are actually fighting half the time. Through it all, Sea of Sorrows has found new resolve, stronger and bolder than ever before. You may have struck us down, but because of that we have become more powerful than you could have ever imagined.

http://i47.tinypic.com/349ayhv.jpg

We will not bore you to tears with the minutia – instead, we shall show you our resolve and focus. Here is a picture of our battle-hardened leaders plotting the downfall of our enemies:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2nv87sl.jpg

Here too is a picture of our crack troops waging war and laying waste to our foes:
http://i46.tinypic.com/20hld75.jpg

Yes, that is correct. We have embraced the idea that WvW is actually supposed to be enjoyable, not just a second occupation. Long gone are the days of needing to stay on for another two hours because you’re behind on ppt and you have that coverage gap. Roll on the days when you spend another four hours in there anyway just because it was actually good fun and the “I’ll go to bed after we flip this next tower” strategy just didn’t work.

Sea of Sorrows has even embraced those which other “community-focused” worlds pushed to the side: Those who are inclined to PvE, those indecisive PvX folk, and even the rare and endanger PvP species. They are ALL welcome into our community. We do not believe in “All calls” or “gear checks” anymore. We have created a community that is accepting to any and all players.

It is because of this community foundation, that we are doing quite well in T4. So whats the problem then? Well, we’re doing a little bit too well. Realistically, we’re facing a situation where, at best, we are going to bounce between T3 and T4 – being too strong for one, but not strong enough for the other. At worst, we just end up with rather lengthy stays in T3. We don’t really mind winning or not, but if we’re going to be thrust up a tier, we’d at least like to be competitive to ensure an enjoyable fight between the worlds.

We would like to field more active WvWers across all prime-times (NA, SEA and EU); ideally bringing in guilds who enjoy all aspects of GW2 and are happy to support the server community. We would like to be cautious here, taking on smaller numbers in known coverage gaps, perhaps underestimating the numbers that we might require to create a balanced tier, but we consider underestimating how many are required to create a competitive match more favorable than bringing in too many. In our eyes a competitive match isn’t being able to win in every timezone, it’s each world having their own strength(s) and being able to avoid being completely dominated outside of that. We are not necessarily aiming to win.

We are also in no particular rush. We would prefer that interested players and guilds take the time to get to know our community and be sure that we’re the right world for them to call home.

For some specifics, here is what we have to offer

+ Community Teamspeak
+ Community website (gw2sos.com) with an active event calendar. All guilds are welcome to post events!
+ Weekly WvW meetings to discuss strategy
+ General Community Meetings held every other week
+ Strong Oceanic base (we truly still do have the best Oceanics out there!)
+ Lack of Laggy Zergs! (And Queues)!
+ Active cooperation between guilds!
+ High Value for Small Ops!
+ Strong PvE community (both NA & SEA) – Working on Legendary? Come grind with us! Need a temple open? Our PvE Commanders open temples on a regular basis to help people get their karma gear.
+ Multiple guilds on SoS work together weekly to do T3 bounties – meaning guilds who are smaller, or more WvW focused can still get in on the action without needing to do much organizing themselves!
+ Most of all – a family type community where people help each other and reach across the boundaries of guilds to all players in SoS.

If you are interested in learning more please feel free to contact Luvpie (NA) at themeraldfang@gmail.com, Arakeem (EU) at charon@villanousity.com, or Rooster (SEA) at LeRooster.sos@gmail.com.

I will leave you with a video featuring some of the sexy ladies of SoS being mischievous!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIAuld62Gc

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in Looking for...

Feed Me Change.6528

Guild Spotlight
Reserved for SoS’s Guild Spotlight – where we give you greater insight on one of our awesome guilds every week

Guilds of SoS
Lists are organized by primary (although not always sole) focus and timezone.

PvX Guilds
North American

• [ftp] Feelthepain
  • [PoW] Pröphets of Wär
  • [Purr] Kittens with Claws
  • [RED] Awakened to Redemption

SEA

• [CCTV] Choo Choo Train Volution

Oceanic

• [BEAR] Fifty Shades of Bear
  • [HLX] Helix
  • [TS] Team Shatter
  • [Vekk] The Eternäl Alchemy
  • [Yaar] Mutineers

International

• [AoA] Alliance of Audens
  • [DPS] Digital Pimp Slap
  • [ENVY] The Pack You Envy
  • [EXG] Extravagance
  • [Fang] Emerald Fang
  • [FAP] Fatal Precision
  • [FEAR] Cant We All Just Get Along
  • [FLUF] Fluffly Demons
  • [GC] Gura Clan
  • [Nite] Lurk In Absolute Darkness
  • [Nyaa] Kitten Commandos
  • [SOS] Sea of Sorrows Alliance
  • [SoV] Swords of Villanousity
    Thirteen year old, mature, democratic gaming guild with a strong focus on individual development
  • [TC] Tyrian Continuum
  • [VII] Society Obscure

WvW-focused Guilds
NA

• [ORL] Order of the Righteous Legion
  • [LeeT] Elite Ones
  • [FoE] Fist of the Empire
  • [scam] Cursed Shore Travel Agency
  • [FaTe] Hand of Fate

Oceanic

• [MGWC] Magilla Guerrilla Warfare Club

International

• [GotM] Gods of the Mists

All Guilds have representation on our community website, www.gw2sos.com, if you seek more information on one of these guilds, please visit our website

(edited by Feed Me Change.6528)

in Looking for...

Feed Me Change.6528

Server Events

FESTIVAL OF TYRIA!

When: July 20th, 2013 – 5pm PST (Server time)
Where: Divinity’s Reach – Sea of Sorrows Server
Everyone welcome!

These are dark and troubling times for Tyrians; Dragons, Risen, The Mist Wars and domestic unrest plague all nations. But all hope is not lost; Tyrians everywhere are persevering through these dark times. In an effort to celebrate the unity of Tyria, Queen Jennah has opened the gates of Divinity’s Reach to all who can attend for The Festival of Tyria, a celebration of the resilience and strength of all Tyrians. Though, among the festival goers, a sinister seed grows and the Queens life may be at stake…

With the festivities across the city, the Seraph and Shining Blade are stretched thin keeping order amongst the mirthful festival goers. They turn to the brave and cunning heroes of Tyria to help them protect the Queen and foil this disturbing plot against her life. Who or whom could be behind it…

Festival Events

Queen Jennah has asked multiple volunteers to host games and contests across the city! Prizes donated the Divinity’s Reach Event Committee will be handed out to the winners!

Test your knowledge of Tyria and its history with Tyrian Trivia!

How’s your aim? Try your luck with Human Darts – Grenth’s favorite game.

Think you know all the nooks and cranny’s of Divinity’s Reach? See if you can locate our sly and stealthy royal volunteers in Divinity’s Reach Hide N’ Seek!

Can you outwit the cunning (and extremely dashing) Sionn Frost in Sionn Says?!

Not to be outshined by their felines, enter yourself in Divinity’s Reach Fanciest Human Contest for a chance to be titled “Fanciest Human!”

Get your snooper nose on, and try your luck with the Queensdale Scavenger Hunt!

Schedule of Events

TBA very soon!

Can you figure out who the villain is?

(edited by Feed Me Change.6528)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Still looking for 2 more NA guilds, 1 more Eu guild and 1 more SEA guild then our coverage is set.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Looking for...

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

SoS is an excellent server, all the cool kids want to be here! =)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

If those are all the WvW guilds we have, then SoS has one helluva militia!

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Looking for...

Feed Me Change.6528

Yes and no. Those are the guilds that have a defined interest in WvW, most of the PvX guilds will partake in WvW nightly, but don’t say they are a WvW focused guild. TS/FEAR/FAP are just some of the PvX guilds that have legit WvW presence and are out all the time.

And yes, the SoS militia is very strong… better than some PvP guilds I’ve seen.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

Most of the militia are remnants of former guilds who moved/quit during our rise to T1 and skilled individuals who transferred to help a smaller server.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

There are generally fairly big lines between a guild being PvX and being WvW. e.g. if you spend 80%+ of your time in WvW, you’re probably a WvW guild or if you have mandatory WvW time (as much as I loathe the idea being on the world), you’re probably WvW. A lot of the guilds classed as PvX define themselves that way for a reason and often have a lot of members that don’t participate in WvW much, if at all.

Sea of Sorrows

in Looking for...

Posted by: ko killer.3692

ko killer.3692

I think its safe to say that ORL is a WvW guild, we have practice nights just about every weekday as long as Drogan is free. Also we usually have 80% of our members in WvW at any given time. This is just my personal opinion

Jade Quarry- Fang

in Looking for...

Feed Me Change.6528

I think its safe to say that ORL is a WvW guild, we have practice nights just about every weekday as long as Drogan is free. Also we usually have 80% of our members in WvW at any given time. This is just my personal opinion

Haha! Make sure you tell at Errawen, she said y’all were PvX. I’ll make the changes, thanks for the update!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Irenical.7948

Irenical.7948

What no [FaTe]?

[FaTe] It’s questionable if i know English.

in Looking for...

Ghedoriah.4290

He copypasta’d from the community forum topic, you folks weren’t on there for some reason.

Sea of Sorrows

in Looking for...

Posted by: Irenical.7948

Irenical.7948

He copypasta’d from the community forum topic, you folks weren’t on there for some reason.

Naw I was just givin yall a hard time! :P

[FaTe] It’s questionable if i know English.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Erawen.8217

Erawen.8217

Haha! Make sure you tell at Errawen, she said y’all were PvX. I’ll make the changes, thanks for the update!

Yep totes my fault! <3 Sorries!

Sea of Swag ~ gw2-seaofsorrows.guildlaunch.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: ko killer.3692

ko killer.3692

Yep totes my fault! <3 Sorries!

It’s okay! I promise!DDDDDDD

Jade Quarry- Fang

in Looking for...

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Dunno who decided to speak for [scam], but we are wvw, not pvx.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in Looking for...

Feed Me Change.6528

This list was derived from the Guild listing on gw2sos.com, I will make that change now.

in Looking for...

Ghedoriah.4290

If you or any other guild are incorrectly labelled, please check out this topic
http://gw2sos.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=826

Sea of Sorrows

in Looking for...

Feed Me Change.6528

Updates:
Added [FaTe] guild!
Added SoS server event!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

+1 for folks looking into SoS. I saw SoS the first time during Kaineng’s rocket ride to T2, then transferred to TC, where we’ve “drawn” SoS as our opponents for two weeks in a row. Outmanned a lot of the time, they are always fighting, and fighting well.

Tons of respect for SoS as a server in WvW.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Looking for...

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

I agree SoS has some great Guilds and make tough and tenacious opponents.

I hope you guys are successful in gaining a few NA Guilds to help balance out your Coverage!

NAGA|TC

in Looking for...

Feed Me Change.6528

I hope you guys are successful in gaining a few NA Guilds to help balance out your Coverage!

We tried but you stole them!!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

We tried but you stole them!!

Haha, we’ll get some NA guilds no doubt about that.

Patience is virtue

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Looking for...

Feed Me Change.6528

Outnumbered does not mean outmanned.

SoS’s motto for the first 3 weeks of the “new math”

in Looking for...

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

And outmanned means they have repair bills and we don’t! =D

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Icebot.6103

Icebot.6103

I transferred to the server only a few months ago and have really enjoyed my stay. We definitely need some help during NA prime time and into the evenings when our SEA crew take over.

We have a new community board now, so please sign up and ask any questions you may have.

http://www.gw2-seaofsorrows.com/forums/

in Looking for...

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

I heard SoS bust zergs! Any truth to that rumor?!

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

in Looking for...

Posted by: Icebot.6103

Icebot.6103

I guess it depends on who you ask and what side you were on

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I heard SoS bust zergs! Any truth to that rumor?!

If you mean we like to bust up zergs, then yes; we love open-field against superior numbers and imagining the expressions on their faces when things fall apart.