Sea of Sorrows, filled with tears of our foes

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

We’re reaching out to those who are thinking about or have thought about joining intense the WvW scene in Tier 2 NA; and are curious to know more about the Sea of Sorrows server and what we are like.

The Sea of Sorrows community is committed to encouraging our members and guilds to “play how you want to play.” No one will be demanding that you play for score, or tell you when you can GvG, or where, when, and how to play in anyway. We’re here to have fun and refuse to treat our server like it’s a boot camp.

What’s our community like? It’s well-known we have a large Oceanic population (Aussies and Kiwis), but we are proud to have players from all over the globe playing at all hours of the day. We’re proud to be an International server and no matter what time of day or night you play, you will have the same seat at the table everyone else has.

We are doing well in our matchups, but we are hoping we can find players and guilds who play in the mid-to-late EU time zones and early North American timeslots, as this is a very active time with our opponents and we simply do not have enough hands to collect all the loot.
More important than the time you play at, is that we are looking for friendly and mature people; who don’t believe in quitting or giving up when it’s hard; nor people looking for easy victories.

If you want to know more, here is a list of our contacts and the times that they play:

EU:
afk.8230

NA:
Fallen.4317
Malikor.3210
Chris.3290

OCX:
Huddo.1065

SEA:
Wen Jie.8920

Cheers!

(edited by Chris.3290)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Should be fun to be back soon and get started again

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

Sos is FULL, you can’t over stack anymore. Nice try though to balance out T2, GG!

It’s not my intention to troll your post but use some common sense here, thx.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Sos is FULL, you can’t over stack anymore. Nice try though to balance out T2, GG!

Its not our job to make the game more fun for you. That’s YOUR job.

Please stick to your own servers recruitment. Thanks

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

SoS isn’t the best place to go if your looking for experienced wvw. They have a hard time with individual/small scale skill based activities.

Just look at two of them try to kill one ranger.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p2yMswEWaA4

in Looking for...

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

In a tier SoS has won for nearly 20 weeks straight, Why?

in Looking for...

Bucket Lips.5017

Its not our job to make the game more fun for you. That’s YOUR job.

Please stick to your own servers recruitment. Thanks

Thanks for clarifying what is fun for me, and what my job is, much appreciated.

I said what needed to be said, I’m sorry if the truth hurts your stacking, uh “recruitment”.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Posted by: Omega Mccoy.4237

Omega Mccoy.4237

In a tier SoS has won for nearly 20 weeks straight, Why?

By PvD’ing but that is besides the point… not sure how anyone can transfer to a full server, when you figure that out, let me know, and I will gladly accept you guys paying for my transfer fee.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

Lol, SoS is full so whats the reason for trying to recruit if you can’t fit anymore on the server?

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

See folks, even the game itself can’t contain all the tears we are collecting! Join today, we’re running out of merchant summons to sell all the loot we are collecting.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Thank you generous folk from fa, for proving the threads name 100% correct. Please continue to bump this thread for us. Much appreciated.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

See folks, even the game itself can’t contain all the tears we are collecting! Join today, we’re running out of merchant summons to sell all the loot we are collecting.

Just trying to be helpful, you can’t join a full server.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

in Looking for...

Bucket Lips.5017

Thank you generous folk from fa, for proving the threads name 100% correct. Please continue to bump this thread for us. Much appreciated.

No problem SoS guy, I will even help you recruit more……

Everyone please go to SoS, they are awesome at blobbing, they often tic 500+ and destroy other servers with PVD!! Want proof? look at Magumma! (they were a yucky fights server) Even though SoS is FULL, Transfer to the “winning” server today!

Hope this helps!

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

Would our frequent competitors from Fort Aspenwood be kind enough to take your grievances to the fan operated site. As much as you are probably helping our efforts, this is not an appropriate place for you to register your complaints.

Thank you.

in Looking for...

Tricare.2946

I suppose people could join SoS however, here’s a peak into how well they fight.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

There are obvious reasons to troll but I’ll just point out some facts that will help any potential T2 transfers make an informed decision.

SoS and FA are the only 2 servers that remain competitive in T2. It’s a 2-server tier now where the 3rd will be which ever T3/4 server takes its turn for the week. IMO this makes it a dysfunctional tier, meaning the play styles will gravitate to less fights and more karma trains (more objectives, less players).

Open field fights are still good at the times they happen (at least from a perspective on Mag). But they are less plentiful.

A LOT of fight guilds have left the tier either up or down and more will be leaving the tier with Mag dropping to the T3/4 mix after seasons.

Even after losing a significant number of guilds, SoS continues to win the PPT metagame by large margins (~100 points) which shows their PPT is mostly due to coverage and high pug populations (full server).

In short, they are clearly still the dominant T2 server in PPT (population/coverage) and have been for a long time but have no chance at T1 and will never have a chance unless a T1 server implodes.

If you’re looking for a server like this, go ahead. If you’re looking to make the tier more competitive go to FA. But objectively I would recommend avoiding the tier entirely. Look into T3/4 or else T1 before considering the former fights tier that was T2.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Looking for...

Posted by: rashkin.9530

rashkin.9530

Even with “Full” status at certain times, there is still several hours of other parts of the day where it is not including during various peak hours.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Wen Jie.8920

Wen Jie.8920

This thread is 62.5% FA salt, make of that what you will.

SoS JQ SoS

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

This thread is 62.5% FA salt, make of that what you will.

How did you figure that? Only one guy from FA posted here. Now I make two.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shafufufaku.6387

Shafufufaku.6387

SoS needs more farm!

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Dear god, do not recruit any more OCX/SEA players. Look what t2 has become

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

If you actually read the post rather than coming here to complain, you would see that I have specifically mentioned that anyone from OCX or SEA would get bored in our T2 matchups. We feel no need to over stack already strong time zones.

I’d go as far as to encourage people looking to transfer in those times to consider your server.

However, wanting an end to PvD I also would like to see the EU and early NA PvD against us end as well; which is why I have specifically asked for people interested in playing during timezones where we run lighter than our main competitor.

Thanks for giving this thread plenty of visibility but please be kind and try to bring this energy to our match.

(edited by Chris.3290)

in Looking for...

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

Join SoS today.. they definitely needs more people to compensate.

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

Yes please give the server that killed t2 more players to pvd even more

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in Looking for...

Bucket Lips.5017

So let me get this straight…SoS “wins” every week by 100k+ so you need to stack your “lighter” timezones to be competitive? I just plain do not understand the logic here.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Posted by: anth.3472

anth.3472

thanks FA and Mag bumping this thread to show their tears, they don’t even know DB have a much larger SEA timezone blob we had conquered, and say we just PvD.

in Looking for...

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chunky Milk.2130

Chunky Milk.2130

Lol

How about no.

[Hide]/[DP]

in Looking for...

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

SoS is “proud” of all the tears caused by PvD. I am speechless.

I guess I should make a meaningful contribution.

If you are interested in an alternative to EoTM, please transfer to SoS where they hit doors all night long. They obviously don’t know what to do when there is resistance since FA has a waypoint in SoS’s Bay (at time of post). I’m sure that will be fixed when enough FA fall asleep that SoS can fight nothing but doors.

That isn’t a meaningful contribution at all. It is just bitterness and self pity. SoS hits doors all night long because Maguuma had a cry and quit and all FA ever does is hide behind said WP on siege. Cry more about hitting doors all night or get off the siege and and come out to fight.

FA humps siege and keeps all night – omg SoS pvd more
Mag doesn’t bother to defend anything or even log in – omg SoS pvd more

in Looking for...

Bucket Lips.5017

If you are interested in an alternative to EoTM, please transfer to SoS where they hit doors all night long. They obviously don’t know what to do when there is resistance since FA has a waypoint in SoS’s Bay (at time of post). I’m sure that will be fixed when enough FA fall asleep that SoS can fight nothing but doors.

That isn’t a meaningful contribution at all. It is just bitterness and self pity. SoS hits doors all night long because Maguuma had a cry and quit and all FA ever does is hide behind said WP on siege. Cry more about hitting doors all night or get off the siege and and come out to fight.

His post was truthful and meaningful, why the kitten?

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Posted by: rashkin.9530

rashkin.9530

His post was truthful and meaningful, why the kitten?

Their post was anecdotal, biased and derailing slander. Since you asked though, why all the kitten about overnight PvD? Those players have to play somewhere, unless you want to pay for their transfers. If you are worried about a bunch of Australians and various SEA players then then kindly take a minute to actually read and take notice. I even took the liberty to bold the important parts for those who are having difficulty.

We are doing well in our matchups, but we are hoping we can find players and guilds who play in the mid-to-late EU time zones and early North American timeslots, as this is a very active time with our opponents and we simply do not have enough hands to collect all the loot.

If you actually read the post rather than coming here to complain, you would see that I have specifically mentioned that anyone from OCX or SEA would get bored in our T2 matchups. We feel no need to over stack already strong time zones.

I’d go as far as to encourage people looking to transfer in those times to consider your server.

However, wanting an end to PvD I also would like to see the EU and early NA PvD against us end as well; which is why I have specifically asked for people interested in playing during timezones where we run lighter than our main competitor.

If this is still unclear then I would recommend airing out your grievances over at the other forums with arrogant pretentious nobodies with doorknob IQ levels. You sound exactly like them, you would fit in well.

http://www.gw2wvw.net/.

Thank you for bringing up this untouched subject. If you have more questions regarding SoS recruitment aims, please don’t hesitate to approach the listed representatives. I would also kindly ask that this thread be kept free from grudges and past bitterness.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Thanks for giving this thread plenty of visibility but please be kind and try to bring this energy to our match.

Could you please point out in the OP where you have said that? The only thing it says is a contact list for OCX/SEA.
Also not ‘my server’, my sig is outdated. I got bored of 1v20ing blobs outside my spawn.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Looking for...

Chaba.5410

mid-to-late EU time zones and early North American timeslots

If I may make a suggestion, put that in the title then. Don’t make your readers have to wade through a wall of text to get to the message you are trying to communicate.

Also, consider that other full servers: TC, BG, and JQ don’t have a server recruitment thread on the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd pages in this subforum. All the T1 recruiting posts are from guilds. I expect DB soon to follow that trend.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

Could you please point out in the OP where you have said that? The only thing it says is a contact list for OCX/SEA.
Also not ‘my server’, my sig is outdated. I got bored of 1v20ing blobs outside my spawn.

Thank you for clarifying that and let me explain that. As you well know, there are some people in this game who have been playing on outmanned servers for a while and are ready for a change. While it doesn’t happen too frequently, we sometimes hear from individuals and guilds that wish for a change of pace or simply wish to play with more people in their timezones.
We think it’s better that they have individuals who they can contact; so that our reps can give a clear representation of the situation in their timezones.

If someone were to contact me right now about what our SEA timezone is like, I wouldn’t be able to get back to them until this evening when our SEA are finally awake and going about their business and they might take the time to answer any questions I’d relay to them. It’s just not efficient and it’s much better to talk to someone in that timezone. For the record, no one on that contact list has expressed a desire to stack our nighttime any further than it is; so you can trust them to give the straight dope.

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

mid-to-late EU time zones and early North American timeslots

If I may make a suggestion, put that in the title then. Don’t make your readers have to wade through a wall of text to get to the message you are trying to communicate.

Also, consider that other full servers: TC, BG, and JQ don’t have a server recruitment thread on the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd pages in this subforum. All the T1 recruiting posts are from guilds. I expect DB soon to follow that trend.

First off, the primary purpose of this thread is to let people know that we have a list of contacts they can get in touch with if they are curious about Sea of Sorrows, or even considering a new home for themselves or their guild.
Rather than come with some corny sales pitch, we’d rather they just ask us so we can give them some straight talk and answers.

I added the timezones because those are the areas where people looking for a lot of action can find it; and quite frankly we want people looking for a target rich environment.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

So you admit that SoS pvds all the time.

Cry more about hitting doors all night or get off the siege and and come out to fight.

I will be happy to fight you. You have my account name, contact me anytime you want to 1v1 provided I am not asleep at the time.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Looking for...

Posted by: Berserk.3071

Berserk.3071

in Looking for...

Chaba.5410

Clearly he’s jealous over that Eyefinity set up.

Chaba Tangnu

in Looking for...

Posted by: RunningPenguins.5071

RunningPenguins.5071

I may be FA, but I do want to thank SoS for giving us good fights Imagine if we were stuck with a server that just turtled in keeps/towers etc ~.~

[BOMB]
Vanille Aihara

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ancha.8065

Ancha.8065

Strange, when looking at this one on your fora
http://www.sosgw2.com/home/m/22639769/viewthread/15429733-painful-farewell

you had a guild (seemingly the only eu guild) that was in early na you try to recruit for now again, that seems to have left “just before the tournament” for jq. Even though that is one of those hilarious coincidences it gives reason enough not to go sos (besides the 100k+lead you still win by- even so you claim all blob just the same….you dont get 100k+ lead if everyone would do it equally).

Their reasons for leaving says:

" PAIN has been getting less and less fights lately, and when we do get them once or twice a week we are fighting blobs many times our numbers. This prohibits us from running as solely our guild group.

Due to similar contributing factors, we feel that recruitment on SoS is done. There is almost no pug population left now yet we are still fielding guild raids of under 20, which we always deemed an ideal core number.

Too many guilds are leaving the server now for any kind of T1 push to be effective. Some have already left, some have leaving in the works, and it all adds up to a weakened WvW scene on SoS. As such we know that our current situation is not going to change in the near future if we stay on this server.

PAIN has always wanted to break into a gvg/scrim scene. We have never had this chance as T2 EU is dead in terms of guild presence.
"

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

PAIN was a late SEA/early EU guild, running until noon PST. They didn’t get many fights until the end of their raids and quite frankly it was getting to the point where the enemies would flee or just map hop to avoid them.

We are looking for late EU and early NA to run at the same time as FA usually kicks things off usually about 5pm EST.

If someone came to us and said they run the 8am-11am PST zone; we’d give them fair warning about the scarcity of fights at that time.

Let me emphasize this for those who didn’t read it the last half dozen times, we aren’t looking for more PvD.

(edited by Chris.3290)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

I love how SoS went from overstack to imploding(http://www.gw2wvw.net/topic/sos-fa-mag-952014?page=4) and back to overstack again within a week.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

(edited by Aieo.2815)

in Looking for...

Chaba.5410

I love how SoS went from overstack to imploding(http://www.gw2wvw.net/topic/sos-fa-mag-952014?page=4) and back to overstack again within a week.

They lost a bunch of guilds then went “Full” status. Go figure.

Chaba Tangnu

in Looking for...

Posted by: Icebot.6103

Icebot.6103

I hardly check these forums, but man. I did not realize people hated us so much, we are really nice, I swear. And if you are new to WvW, just send me a whisper.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Based on this thread I’d say the title is very apt.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Looking for...

Tricare.2946

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

Just want to thank everyone for the response we’ve gotten from many individuals joining us and some of the guilds that are considering joining us after the season.

Our SEA (South-East Asian) players are telling me they have lots of active players but have a scarcity of commanders willing to tag up at these times. If you are a talented PuGmander or perhaps are even seeking to start a guild that operates in these times; this is a golden opportunity for you.

I’d like to also take a moment to remind that we aren’t really looking to add OCX at this time, please consider Fort Aspenwood for a challenge or talk to the fine folks at Isle of Janthir if you are looking for more activity on your side. Despite having some folks transfer from this time, we maintain a large PvX population.

in Looking for...

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Sometimes I feel bad for servers with lopsided coverage. You may be legitimately trying to help the weaker timezones who aren’t having fun but it’s hard for people outside the server to look past the 100k-margin wins for months on end that you probably can’t even help because your enemies simply aren’t playing during your strong hours. So your “strong timezone” becomes terrible at the game itself because they never have to fight and never get to improve (see: DB SEA, SoS OCX whenever they roll higher tier servers), while your weak timezones mostly attract bandwagon-type guilds trying to stack on a server with existing offhours coverage (once again, DB and SoS) or the occasional “l33t for fights open field!!!11” types that quit or transfer after about one month. Must suck to be on those servers.

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

Sometimes I feel bad for servers with lopsided coverage. You may be legitimately trying to help the weaker timezones who aren’t having fun but it’s hard for people outside the server to look past the 100k-margin wins for months on end that you probably can’t even help because your enemies simply aren’t playing during your strong hours. So your “strong timezone” becomes terrible at the game itself because they never have to fight and never get to improve (see: DB SEA, SoS OCX whenever they roll higher tier servers), while your weak timezones mostly attract bandwagon-type guilds trying to stack on a server with existing offhours coverage (once again, DB and SoS) or the occasional “l33t for fights open field!!!11” types that quit or transfer after about one month. Must suck to be on those servers.

Passive-Aggressive much?

in Looking for...

Bucket Lips.5017

Passive-Aggressive much?

You seem to get upset when someone speaks the truth.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood