Seeking Guild to Call Home - GW2 and Beyond

in Looking for...

Posted by: Weergaloos.2807

Weergaloos.2807

Hello there,

Thanks for reviewing my post! I’m afraid I have a bit of a dilemma… I want to continue playing GW2 (and MMO’s in general) but playing solo these past couple of years has slowly eroded my desire to play.

Just a quick background on me… my first MMO played was UO back in 2000, so I’ve been a fan of this particular genre for over 14 years. Over that course of time, I’ve played with my brother and close friends, but they’ve since moved on to more FPS style games (which I continue to play to this day as well.) I’ve played in hardcore PvP groups, hardcore raid guilds, role playing guilds, you name the style, I’ve played it. However, for the past 2-3 years now, I’ve been gaming in MMOs solo.

While it’s been a rather peaceful experience playing alone, the vigor in which I used to play with has since dissipated. The whole point of me getting into MMO’s in the first place was the feeling of excitement and awe knowing that the other character on my screen could be hundreds of miles away. Well, I want that feeling back…

This is why I’m looking for a guild, but more importantly a guild that can offer a “community” feel. I’d prefer a well established guild that even plans to organize within future games to be released. I’d like to build friendships, and I suppose that’s more likely to happen in a group of players similar to myself — 29 year old office manager that sometimes travels, plays EST evenings mostly, uses Vent/Mumble/other type of voice chat, mature, friendly, funny. I’m a pretty “normal” guy, I go out for drinks with friends, watch football, play rec kickball, etc.

I’m not certain how effective this post will be in drawing any interest out there. But I figured it’s worth a shot. I appreciate if you’ve made it this far in the post! Feel free to leave a reply or send a private message.

P.S.
I currently have an 80 warrior on Jade Quarry, but would be willing to transfer if necessary. I’m thinking of rolling an alt though, as I’m just returning to the game after a few months break.

All the best!
Weergaloos

Wuvwu – 80 Asura Warrior – Jade Quarry

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jevati.4328

Jevati.4328

Hiya Weergaloos! I can definitely identify with that dilemma; it can be demoralizing to play alone. After all, the point of an MMO is to play with other people. =)

That sense of community is something I genuinely know we have in Ember Solace. It’s more than just doing things together in game (although that’s fun). It’s knowing who is going on job interviews and who is studying for really tough finals. It’s making a Happy Birthday thread for every guild member when it’s their birthday. =)

We’re a close-knit group of people who really care about each other and love having fun in the game. We’re on Tarnished Coast, but you could always guest over to do things with us (except WvW, since you can’t guest for that). We do a mix of PvE and PvP, and we even have a Newbie Officer to help newer players (or those with lower-level characters) with their goals and objectives.

If you’d like to learn more about us, we’ve got a full recruitment post you can look through, plus if you register on our forums, you can get read-access to our GW2 sections, so you can get a “feel” for our community. (How we treat one another, what kinds of events we tend to do, etc.) We do have a brief application process to join, but it’s designed to help us get to know new applicants better (and weed out trolls, lol).

We’d really love to hear from you; I think you’d be an awesome fit for the guild, Weergaloos. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply here or send me a PM (here or in game). I’m going out to town tomorrow to visit family, but I should be able to check when I get back. I hope you’re having a great weekend! ^^

in Looking for...

Weergaloos.2807

Thank you very much for the warm offer Aidyn! I will most certainly look more into your guild.

As you can appreciate, this is a decision I don’t intend on making lightly, so please take no offense if I don’t act in haste. I definitely like to “look under the hood” before joining a new crew, but the background you’ve provided of Ember Solace is definitely the type of group I’m considering.

Thanks again for taking the time to post!

in Looking for...

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I started playing multiplayer games since 1998, I was a kid. Warcraft 2, Age of Empires, Starcraft etc etc. I started out from RTS genre, playing against friends then moving on to fight against players around the world. As I progress, I became more “hardcore”, I joined a 5-men team and entered the competitive scene, going up against renowned local players and teams, joining competitions and etc.

However, I do not understand what kind of feelings you are trying to find back. Are you looking to make like-minded friends, friends who are similar in term of skills and interested in moving from one game to another? If that is so, it did be difficult to find in this game, you will have a better luck if you search in a grind game.

PS: my english sucks =(

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jevati.4328

Jevati.4328

Don’t worry, Weergaloos; I know it’s a big decision, and I’m glad you’re wanting to make sure you pick the right guild home. Please take your time as you explore different options. =)

in Looking for...

Posted by: infinityandbeyond.9652

infinityandbeyond.9652

[SNAF] would love to welcome you into our fun and friendly Guild.

You can find our forum post here:-
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/recruitment/SNAF-Fun-and-Social-Guild-Sea-of-Sorrows/first#post3997787

And our website here:-
http://www.snaffs.com/

Thanks for reading and hope to see you soon !

Infinitas Erratum, Guild Founder

Snaff’s Golem Emporium [SNAF]
http://www.snaffs.com

Attachments:

Infi Erratum.
Snafs Golem Emporium SoS

in Looking for...

Posted by: BLANE.8346

BLANE.8346

Hey Weergaloos,
Are you Dutch? Me and some other dutchies and europeans are in [AIR] guild on Dragonbrand. We’re active and social and would love to have another dutchy in our ranks ^^

More info about us: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Dragonbrand-s-AIR-Academy-USA-Euro/first#post4030707

in Looking for...

Posted by: makarios.7254

makarios.7254

Sent you a PM, Weergaloos! /cheers

Pharseer Makarios // Charr Mesmer
www.saltgaming.org

in Looking for...

Weergaloos.2807

Still considering all options, and will likely decide after this upcoming Memorial Day weekend !bump!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Midgie.1830

Midgie.1830

Hey Weergaloos! I totally understand that feeling, having some friends play with you is the spice to online gaming and it’s rather hard to find a group that’s social and comfortable. If you’re interested, why not check out the True Inquisitors Guild? We’re an old community that came around in 2009 that’s spread across diff. games, and we’ve recently set up shop here in GW2. It sounds like you’d fit in like a glove with us. Here’s some more information if you’re interested:

Home Server: Isle of Janthir (We don’t mind accepting people out of our server.)
North American, Casual
[PvX][WvW]
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

What We’re About

The True Inquisitors [INQ] is a branch of a larger gaming community known as The Inquisitors, whose goal is to create a friendly gaming atmosphere where community supersedes elitism. We’re spread across various other titles such as Warframe, Final Fantasy XIV, DoTA, Minecraft, etc. and hope to continue building new communities across the internet world.

Guild Personality

Before jumping head first to join, please take into consideration whether or not the Inquisitors is the right guild for you. As a guild, we are an easy going group that often spends the majority of our time cracking jokes and mocking each other profusely; we are not a community that is for the faint of heart or whom are sensitive to colorful language, adult humor, or other things that are incredibly fun.

As a community, we are a non elitist group of gamers who believe that a person’s character and actions have greater value than their gaming ability. The goal in Inquisitors is camaraderie, fun, and team bonding. There are no cliques here, even the newest member is welcomed as our oldest.

Guild Features

Mumble Voice Chat
Skype Chat
Guild Website
Guild Radio
Facebook Page
Horrible Puns
Mature and Friendly Members

Considering that this branch of the Inquisitors guild is relatively new, we cannot offer hardcore dungeoning groups and all that- but what we can and always will provide is a secure and friendly environment for you as a fellow member to partake in. You will never be shunned for a lack of skill, and will always have your back watched out for.

Links

Youtube Page
Website (Our GW2 branch’s tab is being built)
Facebook Group

Guild Rules

1.) Be Polite: Cussing is totally allowed and encouraged, being a jerk isn’t.
2.) Be Active: We’re understanding that real life will sometimes take you away from the game. If you’re gonna be gone for more than 2 weeks, do let us know in mail so we know you haven’t quit the game.
3.) No Begging: We’re always here to help you, but it’s not a free ride either. Remember to pull your own weight and help others.
4.) Have fun: This is not just a guild, but a family.
5.) Guild Colors: Although not an enforced rule, we love showing our unity by wearing our guild colors of gold, white, and red.

How to Apply

If interested, simply mail or PM one or more of these officers- or if you see one of us ingame, ask one of the members!

-Midgie.1830
-Tyral.3167
-Fuzzy.6351
-Wolf.2406

Our only requirement is that you bring with you a good attitude and a thirst for gaming!