Small, late-night group looking for guild

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shaemis.4783

Shaemis.4783

Hey everyone-

I’m part of a small late-night (midnight-5am EST) group of friends that bounces between games a bit. One of the games we’ve been eyeing getting back into lately is GW2. Our aim is a bit casual, but we certainly want to partake in proper end-game. We haven’t played much since launch, and will likely be starting fresh on new characters.

There would probably be around 4-6 of us looking for a home or some additional friends to play with and chat with. I currently host a mumble server for the group, but we’re willing to go to another VOIP if necessary. We all have mics, and would prefer you/the guild did as well.

We’re currently stationed on Fort Aspenwood, but would be willing to move after getting to know you/the group, and deciding you’re definitely for us. We’re all mature, ~23-29 years old with lives. Most have kids, all of us have jobs, but we’re more than capable in MMOs. Most of us actually met a few years back within a particularly ranked competitive WoW guild, and then played Rift and various other MMOs pretty hardcore. A few of us (myself included) are min-maxers, and research our builds to perfect it in both PvE and PvP. We’re more cooperative/PvE focused, but am certainly interested in trying all facets of the game.

In terms of leadership, we have multiple folks from the military, and I myself am a television news director, so we all have experience in both giving and obeying orders for organized group play. We’re great to have in a guild, as we’re cohesive, and love a good challenge. We’re silly, joke around a little too much, and are outwardly social and love to chat. We’ve been in gigantic guilds in the past, and worked will within them (myself having led several, including a large competitive guild in Rift), but are looking for a more tight-knit, friendly home and to make some legitimate friends to perhaps join in other games in the future (I’m looking at you, WildStar).

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we play a LOT of games together, not just MMOs. We’re currently also playing Marvel Heroes, Path of Exile, Diablo 3 (we love ARPGs), as well as tons of Steam games. I also rent a Minecraft, Starbound, and Terraria server for the group to use as they wish. We even watch TV shows together sometimes while we play (True Detective recently).

Do we sound like a group you’d like to be a part of, or would like to take in? Let me know here! I’ll be checking back here tonight and over the next few days, and we’ll all be online tonight ready to chat and meet up with you and/or your group.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Rayleigh.4082

Rayleigh.4082

Yeah, and I’m looking forward to hearing from you, sent you a mail in-game.

Leader of Renegatus ~ Dark King Rayleigh

in Looking for...

Posted by: Polly Wogger.9716

Polly Wogger.9716

Shaemis,
Uber Noobz. (NooB) is looking for new and seasoned players to join our guild. You and your group some like a great fit for our guild (except play times). We do have a small group from oddball time zones that is active during those hours but the majority of us are active evenings and weekends (CST & EST). Should you be interested I have included a lengthy bit about our guild below.

About us:
NooBs is an established guild on Sorrow’s Furnace whose founders originated in Guild Wars 1 and have been around since beta and launch.

Our main goal is to relax and have fun with the game, not create a second job for people. Therefore, the guild is easy going and we welcome players of all skill levels, experience, and time spent in game. We have no explicit age requirements, rules, or lengthy application processes. That being said, if you are not comfortable with either a guild that likes course humor or hearing a couple curse words here and there, we may not be the best fit for you.

What we have to offer:
»Currently 160+ members and growing, most of our members are on evening and weekends, but we do have a small daytime presence as well. We work hard to help our members meet and exceed their in-game goals.

»Dungeon Crawling: We have people able to run any type of dungeon (fotm up to lvl 40) including the typical speed runs and don’t mind teaching new members. We actively track dungeon progression and try to get our members their “Dungeon Master” achievement.

»Active Mumble: Speaking is NOT required but always encouraged as much as possible. Not only is this helpful in most group situations but it also allows you to connect with your guild mates beyond the occasionally desolate guild chat.

»Events & Activities: Active world boss participation, living story event participation, guild bonuses/banners, always active +10% Magic Find guild bonus, guild events, giveaways, and activities.

»Guild missions: We run guild bounties, treks, rushes, challenges, and puzzles so that our members may enjoy the benefits of guild commendations.

»Experienced leaders: Our leaders and officers are veteran Guild Wars players with multiple max level characters of all races and classes able to answer questions and offer assistance.

»Online Community: Website updated frequently to keep members current with events, forums discussions, Facebook Group, and many useful resources to enhance in-game experiences.

What we expect from you:
»Representation: We do NOT require 100% representation at this time, but we do ask and encourage people to represent as much as possible and join in guild events and groups. Don’t make us be your over attached girlfriend constantly pestering you with PMs to come hang out with us.

»Activity: Be active and be part of the guild! We do NOT require a specific amount of activity per week or demand your constant attention, but we don’t need members as placeholder. Please make an effort to be part of the guild and join in groups.

»Resources: Utilize your resources. Our website is the best place to keep up on events and discussions. We know not everyone is super talkative, but we want members to interact, guild chat and Mumble provides you that service.

For recruitment you need simply hit us up online http://noobz.guildportal.com or send a message in-game to myself (Wogger) or one of our other recruiters: Kaden Kuvalai, Khyn Dehl, Phyxius Animus, or Oh A Warrior

in Looking for...

Posted by: Resurrected.4132

Resurrected.4132

Hey,

True Detective! Just started to watch that…….I’ve sent you a pm & would love to talk with you as I think you sound just right for our guild and us also for you and your friends.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shaemis.4783

Shaemis.4783

Thanks for the messages so far! I’ll be messaging some of you tonight so we can chat a bit, and we’ll try to bounce around your voice servers for a little meet and greet. We may not make a decision straight away while we get started leveling, but I’ll try to make a decision by this weekend.

In the meantime, we’d love to hear from more! We’re hoping for a long-term home, so it’s a big decision.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sophie Gifu.9762

Sophie Gifu.9762

Fire and [ICE] is looking to recruit players with a interest in running Dungeons and Fractals efficiently on a daily basis.
We are based on Jade Quarry and we are looking for friendly members that run meta builds (Zerker/Assassin) to run dungeons paths efficiently. Experience in all dungeons is preferred, but we are willing to teach anyone how to do the paths as long as you are eager to learn, and agree to run the meta build for your class. We do NOT accept anyone with an elitist attitude.
We start our dungeon tours shortly after reset, and our current dungeon lineup on weekdays is:
AC P1/P3 (often P2 too)
SE P1/P3
TA Up / Fwd
CoE P1/P2/P3
CoF P1/P2
CM P2/P3
HotW P1
On weekends, we add Fractals and Arah to the lineup. Check out our Youtube channel to see us in action:
http://www.youtube.com/FireandIceGW2
Other guild benefits:
Mumble voice chat (STRONGLY recommended for dungeon running)
All guild missions unlocked
The usual guild benefits (+10% Magic find, reduced WP costs, etc)
Ing Contacts
billykwong.3742
Sophie Gifu.9762